Forums

Topic: HD Remasters

Posts 181 to 200 of 278

Vincent294

Let's get back on topic. Let's stop arguing about how a game's difficulty affects how good it is, and what Zelda game is best. We've all stated our opinions. Mickeymac had a good point: let's agree to disagree. So if you have any objections to my opinions, well, you agree to disagree w/ them. Our opinions are not some godly order or anything after all. Opinion #1: A game's difficulty, unless it's ridiculous and downright lazy, doesn't make it a badly designed game. Opinion #2: Twilight Princess is best, though Skyward Sword kicked its a** in the controls department.

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

TysonOfTime

Oddy wrote:

VincentV wrote:

Twilight Princess is best, though Skyward Sword kicked its a** in the controls department.

When they even worked correctly, that is (which was less than 75% of the time). And I liked Skyward Sword better overall!

That's a more personal issue. I had very few problems with SS's controls, but I think I liked TP a bit more..
But WW is my favorite. It is also the most annoying one, but it's my favorite.

Anyways, I guess a great game that needs an HD makeover would be any Rare game, Majora's Mask, and...

SUPER MARIO WORLD!

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

e-love

@TysonQ7, I updated my thread about Game VS. Game.
Its TP vs. WW, you should vote

Edit : Soooo I'm pretty sure this thread has gone so far off topic its too late to be saved

Edit x2 : Nevermind, @TysonQ7 kept the convo going, good job!

Edited on by e-love

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

RevolverLink

I'd buy Majora's Mask with a shiny new HD coat of paint and entirely reworked visuals.

Actually I'd buy it again even if it had zero alterations, simply because it's Majora's Mask and therefore deserves all of my money.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Vincent294

Oddy wrote:

@TysonQ7 Yeah, I'm sure some people had no problems whatsoever with them. Just venting.

For me, they worked 80% of the time. And that was the throwing and writing mechanics. The sword worked almost perfectly. Excellent work for Nintendo EAD.

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

FonistofCruxis

@Sony_70 and @dark-insanity The reason I mentioned the controls in SM64DS is because I had seen so many people complain about them and was trying to figure out why people thought the original was so much better. The controls are better on 3DS with its circle pad but when playing it on the DS I really didn't find the controls much of a problem. Maybe I didn't make that clear enough in my last comment.
@Mickymac While the camera could have been better, I didn't find it that troublesome, I've played through that game 4 times and don't remember having many camera related deaths at all.

RevolverLink wrote:

Emaan1 wrote:

Didn't know everyone would get so TOUCHY over Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. My God...

Find a game, any game, with even the most modest of followings, and you'll undoubtedly find someone (often multiple someones) with strong, divergent opinions on it. Cheese and rice, I was recently lambasted somewhere for saying I hated Quest 64.

I haven't played that game but I've seen so many contrasting opinions on it. I think the user reviews section for it on gamefaqs had every possible score out of 10 given to it.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

skywake

Mickeymac wrote:

skywake wrote:

I'm not sure I'd buy a remake of any of the older Mario games. With Zelda it kinda makes sense because it tends to go for the more realistic style so it makes sense but Mario? I don't think it's style really needs it as much as Zelda..... Wind Waker excluded.

HD =/= Realistic. They'd keep the style the same, just upgrade the textures and models, and up the resolution.

I didn't say it wasn't I was just saying that the more realistic styles need the higher resolution more than the flat textured Mario styles. So Zelda is generally the sort of game I'd really want to see a remake of and Mario generally isn't. Wind Waker being the exception.... however.

Oddy wrote:

skywake wrote:

Wind Waker scales pretty well, would benefit from the Wii U controller and is crying out for 16:9

And here I thought Wind Waker was the only 3D Zelda game that couldn't be improved visually. Wow.

It's the one that can be improved the least visually but it does scale pretty well, would benefit from the Wii U controller and is crying out for 16:9. Look at the screenshot, tell me that's not something you'd want to see go retail especially if the HUD disappears completely.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

DudeSean

skywake wrote:

Wind Waker scales pretty well, would benefit from the Wii U controller and is crying out for 16:9

Wii U Gamepad for Tingle Tuner?

Sadly, though, I see Nintendo just releasing the games the same as they originally were. They don't even use the super gameboy version of games for the 3DS Virtual Console. But you can choose between gray or green!

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

bro2dragons

Monteblanco wrote:

.Fire Emblem HD collection, featuring both the Gamecube and Wii entries, Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. Touch screen support would be a great plus.

By far the best suggestion in this thread. I'd buy 2 Wii Us for this. Not that it would make the game experience any better, but I would need SOMETHING to do with my excitement.

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

mamp

It's bound to happen people are willing to pay for it, Nintendo's willing to take advantage of such an opportunity so why not? If they do 3D remasters why won't they do HD remasters. Works for PS360 I'm pretty sure it'll work for Wii U especially since a lot of you remember how gorgeous Twilight Princess looked in HD.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

DudeSean

mamp wrote:

It's bound to happen people are willing to pay for it, Nintendo's willing to take advantage of such an opportunity so why not? If they do 3D remasters why won't they do HD remasters. Works for PS360 I'm pretty sure it'll work for Wii U especially since a lot of you remember how gorgeous Twilight Princess looked in HD.

They've already given up on the 3D classics, it seems. I wouldn't put to much hope into an HD classics series, as awesome as it would be. I imagine we'll get a HD remake every now and then, but not too often.

DudeSean

skywake

@DudeSean Two things
1) We were talking about HD remasters on the Wii U not VC games. If they were to make a HD remaster for Wind Waker it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect them to use the extra features of the Wii U. 16:9, the tablet and the higher resolution screen. If it's a VC game? Expect 480p 4:3 with no extra features.

2) I wouldn't say that they'd given up on 3D classics just yet. The last one to launch anywhere was Kid Icarus which was January but Japan only got Kirby's Adventure on April 25th. Even if it's a dead idea, which I wouldn't say just yet, that doesn't mean that HD classics won't happen at all. Even if it was just four or five GC and Wii games and maybe a few SNES games redone... that'd be more than enough. Nobody is talking about them redoing the entire back catalogue in HD and giving us a VC sized list of HD remakes.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

randomlypikachu

id like an HD version of majoras mask. ( >.> just a random thought here but maby they could make a master quest version of it) and hd versions of the metroid prime games. sadly i dont think any of these will get hd remakes >.> but hey a random person with a pikachu picture can dream cant he?

just a nintendo gamer on a nintendo related site (who wouldve seen that one coming?)
the random user name randomly became a Pikachu.

DudeSean

@skywake
1. Yeah, I know. I was saying they would likely just put them on the VC instead of give us HD remasters. I would prefer HD remasters, but, like I said, I wouldn't expect them to do very many.
2. I think they've released all that they've said they were going to make and they haven't made any positive comments about making more. I'm aware that it's entirely possible that they'll do more, but it's definitely not something they're too dedicated to doing.

DudeSean

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.