Forums

Topic: HD Remasters

Posts 201 to 220 of 278

Koos

The idea of having the same game in better resolution is just meaningless (like basically HD in general... with PC you can just change the resolution of basically any game depending on your specs). I guess one of the reasons Sony had to put these remasters is because they're weren't backward compatible with PS3 to begin with.

Koos

skywake

@koos
Play Pikmin and then come back and say that there is no reason to have upgraded versions of some of some Nintendo games from past platforms. Only reason to do it is because of the lack of backwards compatibility? The Wii U won't play Gamecube games. Give me my HD remake of Wind Waker.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Koos

Pikmin NPC looks already very beautiful to me. Haven't played yet 2. I'd rather have 3D remakes if at all... it just takes some valuable time from the developers where they can make meaningful stuff. The 3DS remake added new controls and that thing. If they do it with the GamePad it can be an improvement.

Koos

skywake

Well that's the thing, this isn't just a thread about making the games look better it's a thread about making games play better. Pikmin is a good example because to play that game you need to spend a lot of time looking at the map. Putting the map on the second screen would make the gameplay a hell of a lot more streamlined as we've already seen in Pikmin 3. Same goes with remakes they could do for other games.

As for developers wasting time doing remakes and polishing of old games.... I don't know about you but I don't think OoT 3D, NPC Pikmin and 3D Classics Kid Icarus were a waste of developer time.

SteveW

skywake wrote:

@Wheels2050 The problem is that doing that leaves you with very muddy textures and a blurry HUD with really crisp models. That's not HD. If you look at the Dolphin screenshots make sure you ignore any textures with any detail and pretend like hell that the HUD isn't there because once you see it it's hard to ignore.

Well if they release new HD versions they may just upgrade the rest of the graphics.

SteveW

SteveW

I want an HD remake of the original Gameboy Super Mario Land

SteveW

Sean_Aaron

I think the main attraction of the NPC series was taking titles from the Gamecube that didn't require any real graphical enhancements beyond offering 16:9 framing and tweaking the controls for Wii. The amount of dev time compared to doing a new game from the ground up was a big savings I'd imagine. I could easily see them doing the same thing for Wii-U, but expanding the reach to tie-in with the Nintendo Land idea of testing the waters with franchise favourites whilst taking less of a risk in developing a brand new title. F-Zero and Fire Emblem seem like good candidates for this and I think both games could benefit from interesting Gamepad use (maybe add a vehicle customisation bit to F-Zero using the Gamepad to fit parts or do artwork?).

Count me in with the fans of Fire Emblem HD; especially if they did the entire series - that would be epic!

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

EvilRegal

As long as it doesn't make them look jagged, I'd get HD remasters of past Nintendo first-party games. I'd like to see the (supposedly) upcoming Final Fantasy X remaster, plus X-2, and XII on Wii U too. I know they may look awful, but how about FF VII, VIII, and IX on Wii U VC? Square is porting FF III DS to PSP, so they may as well put Sony FF titles on Nintendo systems.

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

Drawdler

Super Mario Galaxy & Professor Layton compliations are all I want to see.

The former would be beyond hamaaazing, and the latter was rumored and gives me an excuse to finally replay the series

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

skywake

@Sean_Aaron
Given NPC was seen as a "testing the waters" thing it's a bit of a surprise Pikmin 3 even exists. Those NPC Pikmin games didn't exactly sell like hotcakes. If testing the waters is the aim of these remakes then surely it should be clear by now that everyone wants more Zelda.

SteveW wrote:

skywake wrote:

@Wheels2050 The problem is that doing that leaves you with very muddy textures and a blurry HUD with really crisp models. That's not HD. If you look at the Dolphin screenshots make sure you ignore any textures with any detail and pretend like hell that the HUD isn't there because once you see it it's hard to ignore.

Well if they release new HD versions they may just upgrade the rest of the graphics.

Post was in reply to a post about them upscaling Wii games as a standard feature of the Wii U so that goes without saying. All of the best looking screenshots of games being run on the dolphin emulator have texture mods.

DudeSean

PoorVGameNerd wrote:

What game would I like to see remastered in HD. Just this:

http://www.unseen64.net/2010/02/07/goldeneye-007-remake-xbox-...

Those screenshots look amazing. Shame it will never be released.

Maybe that will change some day? The Wii U will be in HD. I think part of the reason it wasn't released was because Nintendo didn't have a system good enough to run the game. Either that, or Nintendo just doesn't want one of the best n64 games on the xbox 360. But Perfect Dark is already on the xbox, so that sort of nullifies that.

Another thing, people are always saying Rare sucks since they went to microsoft. Has anyone seen Rare's games before they were Nintendo's second party? Not exactly classics, besides Battletoads. A big part, I think, of what made Rare so good when they were with Nintendo is the fact that they working with Nintendo. So people say that Nintendo is better off without Rare. But Rare's games would still be better now if they were with Nintendo now because they would be working with Nintendo and not microsoft.

Edited on by DudeSean

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

misswliu81

professor layton
legend of zelda: windwaker
super metroid
mach rider
streets of rage
fighting vipers
F zero GX
killer instinct

Edited on by misswliu81

misswliu81

DudeSean

PoorVGameNerd wrote:

@DudeSean
I think is article might have the answer:
http://mundorare.com/news/2008/10/one-last-martini-to-goldeneye/

I think Nintendo might have pulled out because they were afraid people would compare the Wii version unfavorably to the HD 360 version. I don't care what system it runs on, I just want it released so I can play it in 60 frames per second the way it was meant to be played.

That's why I was saying that maybe it will happen with the Wii U.

I just hate microsoft for stealing rare from Nintendo. And I hate sony for stealing playstation from Nintendo. There's a reason Nintendo is my favorite console manufacturer, or rather, the only one I even like at all. They get by on their own and don't have to steal from their competitors to be successful or rely on a parent company. Nintendo is only successful because of themselves. Playstation is only successful because they're owned by sony and xbox is only successful because they're owned by microsoft. Not to mention, playstation wouldn't exist at all had it not been for Nintendo, and probably not xbox, either.

Edited on by DudeSean

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

Bass_X0

SteveW wrote:

I want an HD remake of the original Gameboy Super Mario Land

I want to see a remake of Super Mario Land using the graphics from All-Stars Super Mario Bros. 3 yet it would still play like Super Mario Land.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Aviator

DudeSean wrote:

PoorVGameNerd wrote:

@DudeSean
I think is article might have the answer:
http://mundorare.com/news/2008/10/one-last-martini-to-goldeneye/

I think Nintendo might have pulled out because they were afraid people would compare the Wii version unfavorably to the HD 360 version. I don't care what system it runs on, I just want it released so I can play it in 60 frames per second the way it was meant to be played.

That's why I was saying that maybe it will happen with the Wii U.

I just hate microsoft for stealing rare from Nintendo. And I hate sony for stealing playstation from Nintendo. There's a reason Nintendo is my favorite console manufacturer, or rather, the only one I even like at all. They get by on their own and don't have to steal from their competitors to be successful or rely on a parent company. Nintendo is only successful because of themselves. Playstation is only successful because they're owned by sony and xbox is only successful because they're owned by microsoft. Not to mention, playstation wouldn't exist at all had it not been for Nintendo, and probably not xbox, either.

Look at your avatar.

That is my response.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Mart2006

Personally, I'd love to see The Last Story in HD on the Wii U.

Sakaguchi has said that the Wii's limitations made development of the game more challenging or something like that, and on top of that, Mistwalker has expressed an interest in making action RPG games for the Wii U, so why not remake The Last Story?

Without the technical limitations of the Wii, there'd be no frame rate issues or anything like that, and it'd look even more beautiful than it did first time around. Oh, and not to mention it'd give me the chance to play my second-favourite Wii game again.

Mart2006

ReleaseTheBears

I'd only consider Nintendo HD Collections if they have an extensive achievement/trophy list.

If so, I'd hit up Super Mario Galaxy 1/2, Metroid Prime Trilogy, the eventual REmake and RE Zero HD remakes (I wouldn't put it past Capcom), maybe the RE Chronicles HD collection (you KNOW that's gonna come to the Wii U somehow) and maybe Donkey Kong Country Returns. I would've said Wario Land Shake It if I already didn't 100% their faux achievement system and decide never to do it again.

I also want to see a trophy or achievement awarded for completing virtual console games.

And get those things on the 3DS already.

Edited on by ReleaseTheBears

ReleaseTheBears

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.