Wii U Forum

Topic: Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Director’s Cut announced for Wii U

Showing 1 to 20 of 90

AuthorMessage
Avatar

xBASSxMONSTAx

1. Posted:

Just read this on multiple gaming sites:

A newly "modified" version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution has just been rated by the Australian Ratings Board.The update to Square Enix's well-received sci-fi shooter comes two years after the game's original release

Wow I hope this turns out to be true and gets released on Wii U that would be bloody amazing. :D

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Banker-Style

2. Posted:

Heard about this yesterday,it would be interesting if it did came to Wii U.
But I don't know.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PK_Wonder

3. Posted:

I was hoping that Hitman: Absolution would be the Square Enix port. Not because I think it's a better game, but because I can pick up Human Revolution for $20 on Steam, and Hitman is still high-price :/ I guess it will just depend on what features they add to the Wii U version to make it superior.

3DS Friend Code: 0602-7082-6398 (Paul)
nnid: PK_Wonder

New Leaf friends, please show the same courtesy I would for you - do not trample or steal my flowers, and I'll definitely be happy to share any fruit, just please ask first. I'm also a huge fan of online KI: Uprising, among other titles.

Nintendo Network ID: PK_Wonder

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrWalkieTalkie

4. Posted:

YES PLEASE! :D

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

cornishlee

5. Posted:

PK_Wonder wrote:

I was hoping that Hitman: Absolution would be the Square Enix port.

Me too. Even by Wii U port standards, 2 years is a long time. I mean, I'd love whoever buys the IP to port the first Darksiders game but I wouldn't expect it to launch at full price and if that kind of attitude is widespread then you have to wonder why a publisher would bother porting it in the first place.

Please sign the petition to get Hitman on the Wii U: https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-enix-ltd-release-hitman-absolution-and-hitman-hd-trilogy-on-the-wii-u

Nintendo Network ID: cornishlee

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

6. Posted:

Two Year old games for the win.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

xBASSxMONSTAx

7. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Two Year old games for the win.

But with PC like graphics it could. :D

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RancidVomit86

8. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Two Year old games for the win.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chomposaur

9. Posted:

Yay another ancient port for the Wii u .. full price 460/£55 did you say ? and when it sells like S**t on the Wii u square-soft will complain about the Wii u

Disclaimer: "All opinions are my own, please do not get offended by what i have to say"

Nintendo ID :JogurtTheYogurt FC :2294-4103-5306

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rallydefault

10. Posted:

Why do people always say these are "ancient" ports? Get your facts straight. Assassin's Creed came out less than one month earlier on the other consoles, same with Black Ops II. Mass Effect 3 came out 8 months earlier, Darksiders II came out about 4 months earlier, Arkham City came out a month earlier, and Sonic All Star Racing Transformed came out a scant 2 weeks after the other consoles and actually came out on the Wii U earlier than it did on the PC. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 came out less than two months earlier on the other consoles. (I'm excluding Ninja Gaiden: Razor's Edge, because technically it is a director's cut version. But in the interest of being thorough, it came out at about the same time as Mass Effect 3.)

The longest gap I see up there is Mass Effect's 8 months, which isn't even a year. As a gamer, I do realize that perhaps 8 months can be pushing it as far as how "new" the game is considered, but in no way is that "ancient" or a "two year old game." The vast majority came out a month or less than their other console releases! Sigh. What in the world makes any of this stuff "ancient" is beyond me. What, as gamers, are we turning into? A bunch of hyper-opinionated know-it-alls who apparently have the privilege to rewrite the facts.

rallydefault

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

11. Posted:

rallydefault wrote:

Arkham City

came out in 2011.

You are right in every other regard though.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PK_Wonder

12. Posted:

rallydefault wrote:

Why do people always say these are "ancient" ports? Get your facts straight. Assassin's Creed came out less than one month earlier on the other consoles, same with Black Ops II. Mass Effect 3 came out 8 months earlier, Darksiders II came out about 4 months earlier, Arkham City came out a month earlier, and Sonic All Star Racing Transformed came out a scant 2 weeks after the other consoles and actually came out on the Wii U earlier than it did on the PC. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 came out less than two months earlier on the other consoles. (I'm excluding Ninja Gaiden: Razor's Edge, because technically it is a director's cut version. But in the interest of being thorough, it came out at about the same time as Mass Effect 3.)

The longest gap I see up there is Mass Effect's 8 months, which isn't even a year. As a gamer, I do realize that perhaps 8 months can be pushing it as far as how "new" the game is considered, but in no way is that "ancient" or a "two year old game." The vast majority came out a month or less than their other console releases! Sigh. What in the world makes any of this stuff "ancient" is beyond me. What, as gamers, are we turning into? A bunch of hyper-opinionated know-it-alls who apparently have the privilege to rewrite the facts.

I don't think people care so much about the age as the fact that even if they haven't played it, they can get it elsewhere for cheaper. I absolutely love the fact that the Wii U is getting these ports, as it gives many Nintendo-exclusive gamers a chance to try out some great franchises that they didn't have access to on the Wii. but I'm not a completely Nintendo-exclusive gamer. I only own Nintendo consoles, and probably always will only own them. but I have a powerful gaming PC, and have access to most multiplat franchises a lot missed out on by not having a PS360 (I don't care about enough of Microsoft or Sony exclusives to justify buying them, and 90% of the multiplats I care about hit PC).

The Wii U version will always be my preference ahead of the PC version. I'm getting Watch_Dogs and Assassin's Creed IV there instead, and will do the same for GTA V if it hits Wii U (if it doesn't, we all know it will at least inevitably make it on PC). BUT it's really hard to justify getting a two-year old game that I can get on Steam for $20 or less as opposed to $60. In fact, during the holiday sale, I bought Arkham City and Darksiders II for $15 each WITH the first installment of each as bundles AND their DLC. The additional gameplay features included in the Wii U versions absolutely did not make them better purchases. I bought four games in two series for $30, where otherwise I would have gotten two games for $120 plus tax. When the games are brand new (which Assassin's Creed III and Black Ops II essentially were, so I bought them), I will buy them on Wii U. but I haven't seen any late ports that justify their cost.

3DS Friend Code: 0602-7082-6398 (Paul)
nnid: PK_Wonder

New Leaf friends, please show the same courtesy I would for you - do not trample or steal my flowers, and I'll definitely be happy to share any fruit, just please ask first. I'm also a huge fan of online KI: Uprising, among other titles.

Nintendo Network ID: PK_Wonder

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

13. Posted:

rallydefault wrote:

Why do people always say these are "ancient" ports? Get your facts straight. Assassin's Creed came out less than one month earlier on the other consoles, same with Black Ops II. Mass Effect 3 came out 8 months earlier, Darksiders II came out about 4 months earlier, Arkham City came out a month earlier, and Sonic All Star Racing Transformed came out a scant 2 weeks after the other consoles and actually came out on the Wii U earlier than it did on the PC. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 came out less than two months earlier on the other consoles. (I'm excluding Ninja Gaiden: Razor's Edge, because technically it is a director's cut version. But in the interest of being thorough, it came out at about the same time as Mass Effect 3.)

The longest gap I see up there is Mass Effect's 8 months, which isn't even a year. As a gamer, I do realize that perhaps 8 months can be pushing it as far as how "new" the game is considered, but in no way is that "ancient" or a "two year old game." The vast majority came out a month or less than their other console releases! Sigh. What in the world makes any of this stuff "ancient" is beyond me. What, as gamers, are we turning into? A bunch of hyper-opinionated know-it-alls who apparently have the privilege to rewrite the facts.

Agreed thoug Arkham asylum came out in 2011 and had a GOTYE on other consoles.

With mass effect the wii U version is the worst of the four.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

14. Posted:

yeah it is a major problem as Wii was heavily abandoned by people (even when it did have games) so most hardcore gamers who really wanted these games bought these games as they got new systems or used Steam or something. And convincing people to get the exact same game (or worse) for more money doesn't always work. I might have gotten Darksiders 2 Wii U just because but I could get 3 indie games of equal quality (I assume) for less.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

15. Posted:

I'm not really excited for a port (even with minor upgrades) to a game that I've completed a dozen times or so since it was original released.

But yay for the people that secretly wish they had other games consoles but felt like they had to stick by Nintendo as though Nintendo cares :P

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

16. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

I'm not really excited for a port (even with minor upgrades) to a game that I've completed a dozen times or so since it was original released.

But yay for the people that secretly wish they had other games consoles but felt like they had to stick by Nintendo as though Nintendo cares :P

Troll.
We're waiting for good games. Dead Space, AC, COD, etc. games like that are the only games coming out for the other consoles that are nearing their end. I personally haven't liked an Xbox 360 game or PS3 game that actually brought something new to the table since Halo: Reach, Gears of War 1, Mirror's Edge, Killzone 2, and Dead Space 1. That's been years to say the least. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Pikmin 3, and Smash Bros. are going to be worth the wait. I doubt we'll be seeing a PS Battle Royal again.
This might an be over the top reply, and yes, I saw your emoticon face at the end, but we all know you truly feel that way.
Nintendo works to no end trying to make the fans happy, which is respectible, and succeeds most of the time.
I don't plan on getting this game, but if Dues Ex does come to Wii U, it's because Square Enix has money to throw around, and they just figure why not with no worry of true loss.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GoombaSlayer

17. Posted:

I think people should appreciate publishers even taking chances with franchises like Tekken, Mass Effect, Assassins Creed and perhaps Deus Ex on the Wii U. Third-party franchises are not known for selling on Nintendo-platforms, heck most third party are not seeing Nintendo as a partner but merely competition. Deus Ex on a Nintendo platform is huge and unexpected, even if it came out originally on other platforms a year ago or so.

Some people seems to believe that Nintendo have great third-party support, but they really hasnt have that since the Super Nintendo-times. This is a step up.

GoombaSlayer

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

18. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Bankai wrote:

I'm not really excited for a port (even with minor upgrades) to a game that I've completed a dozen times or so since it was original released.

But yay for the people that secretly wish they had other games consoles but felt like they had to stick by Nintendo as though Nintendo cares :P

Troll.
I personally haven't liked an Xbox 360 game or PS3 game that actually brought something new to the table since Halo: Reach, Gears of War 1, Mirror's Edge, Killzone 2, and Dead Space 1. That's been years to say the least. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Pikmin 3, and Smash Bros. are going to be worth the wait. I doubt we'll be seeing a PS Battle Royal again.

You know, if you're going to get rude over a joke, the least you could do is not be a hypocrite in the process.

The only people who haven't played Deus Ex Human Revolution yet, that would want to have played the game, are the most hardcore of Nintendo fanboys, as this game has not been hard to buy or play on literally any other platform.

It's a tiny market. I was quite genuine when I said this is good for them - they get to play a game they should have played years ago.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

19. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Bankai wrote:

I'm not really excited for a port (even with minor upgrades) to a game that I've completed a dozen times or so since it was original released.

But yay for the people that secretly wish they had other games consoles but felt like they had to stick by Nintendo as though Nintendo cares :P

Troll.
I personally haven't liked an Xbox 360 game or PS3 game that actually brought something new to the table since Halo: Reach, Gears of War 1, Mirror's Edge, Killzone 2, and Dead Space 1. That's been years to say the least. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Pikmin 3, and Smash Bros. are going to be worth the wait. I doubt we'll be seeing a PS Battle Royal again.

You know, if you're going to get rude over a joke, the least you could do is not be a hypocrite in the process.

The only people who haven't played Deus Ex Human Revolution yet, that would want to have played the game, are the most hardcore of Nintendo fanboys, as this game has not been hard to buy or play on literally any other platform.

It's a tiny market. I was quite genuine when I said this is good for them - they get to play a game they should have played years ago.

Again with the fanboy word. When will this end? How am I being a hypocrite?
It doesn't look like you read my post at all, and that joke of yours wasn't a joke just a week ago, so I beg to differ.
I agree that games coming to the console regardless is a good thing, but like I've said, I'm sick of Assissin's Creed, Dead Space, and basically every game that 'defined' last gen. We all play the same games, and some got a kick out of playing basically identical games for 6 years straight(I for one didn't), but those games got old as soon as the almost identical sequels of those said games came out a year or 2 later.
They would either lose their cool storyplot during the series, or not bring new/fresh ground breaking gameplay to show any sign in improvement.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

20. Posted:

SO yeah the WII U is getting a port of a two year game but isn't getting Thief.
Untitled

Eidos Montreal has been working for years to reboot the classic stealth series Thief, and the fruits of its labor will finally be revealed in issue 240 of Game Informer Magazine.

Our April cover story is a world-exclusive look at this next-generation stealth title. Series hero Garrett returns to the Gothic, industrial metropolis known simply as the City to steal any and everything that will make him richer. Unfortunately, the City is broiling with social tension as it is ravaged by a plague and lorded over by a political tyrant known as the Baron. In order to survive his adventures, Garrett will have to pay attention to his environment and make use of the may possible paths through each of the game's levels.

Square Enix plans to release Thief for PS4, PC, and other next-gen platforms sometime in 2014. Check out our coverage trailer for a taste of all the content you can look forward to absorbing over the next month.

Please wait...

Also in the issue, we take a look at Sony's PlayStation 4 as well as Bungie's follow up to Halo, a new sci-fi series called Destiny. We also research the harsh realities of mobile development and learn about the challenges small teams face when making a game. Ubisoft let us check out its new pirate game, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. We poke fun at the entire industry with our annual Game Infarcer feature, and then take an exclusive look at Trion Worlds and Syfy's MMO/TV show experiment Defiance. It's a lot of content, but don't forget to check out our classic feature on Pitfall, or our previews of The Last of Us, Remember Me, and Grid 2. It's a meaty issue; you're welcome.

Print subscribers should start seeing their April issues in the next two weeks. If you can't wait that long, you can subscribe to our digital issue – which can be accessed by subscribers via your web browser, iPad, or Android devices around 2 p.m. Central Time. Check our Twitter feed to find out the moment the digital edition of our April book goes live.

If you aren't yet a digital subscriber, you can convert your print subscription here or start a new subscription here. You can also purchase individual issues or subscribe via the appropriate apps. If you prefer a physical copy of the magazine, contact backissues@gameinformer.com.

Click the banner below to go to our Thief hub, where you'll find additional exclusive content throughout the month.

In other words
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70