Wii U Forum

Topic: Child of Light -- Ubisoft Platform RPG

Showing 141 to 160 of 190

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

141. Posted:

I've been playing it on hard but can see why normal might be far to easy. Still haven't died once but there is definitely a challenge there!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Kendallcooper

142. Posted:

I'm loving this game so far...very different from what I'm used to playing. If you want more 3rd party games for wiiu then show some support for the developers that are giving us some decent titles by buying this game. It's well worth 15 bucks in my opinion.

Nintendo ID: kendallcooper

AuthorMessage

erv

143. Posted:

I have to add my appreciation. This game is a brilliant piece of art. It plays great, has depth, style, lots of atmosphere - great stuff.

Warrior of Dearth!

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

AuthorMessage

The_Ninja

144. Posted:

I might buy it.. on PS3 tho, cause I don't have a Wii U, sadly. I feel like the Wii U version is the best because of the GamePad. And who cares if it's 720p, instead of 1080p? I'm not saying this to defend Nintendo, but sometimes 720p DOES look better than 1080p, even though it's not.

Pre-Ordered Super Smash Bros. 3DS!
I'll be posting my Friend Code here soon =3 Maybe we can battle.

AuthorMessage

jariw

145. Posted:

I got both "Child of Light" and "Stick it to the Man" during the last few days. Although "Child of Light" is getting all the hype regarding art design, I would say "Stick it to the Man" goes further in both art design innovation (where "Child of Light" goes for beauty, "Stick it to the Man" goes for craziness) and GamePad integration. For half the price. Child of Light seems to go a bit deeper though. Both are great!

Btw, is it possible to get a map on the GamePad in Child of Light? All I get is a duplicate of the TV screen.

Current Top 10: DK:TF, Pikmin 3, MK8, Scram Kitty, SM3DW, LEGO City: Undercover, Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, Stick it to the Man, Wind Waker HD
Looking forward to:
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, SSB U, Affordable Space Adventures, Bayonetta 2, X, Hex Heroes, Yarn Yoshi, and more

AuthorMessage

Dreamz

146. Posted:

jariw wrote:

I got both "Child of Light" and "Stick it to the Man" during the last few days. Although "Child of Light" is getting all the hype regarding art design, I would say "Stick it to the Man" goes further in both art design innovation (where "Child of Light" goes for beauty, "Stick it to the Man" goes for craziness) and GamePad integration. For half the price. Child of Light seems to go a bit deeper though. Both are great!

Btw, is it possible to get a map on the GamePad in Child of Light? All I get is a duplicate of the TV screen.

There is no map. The only map in the game is used to quick travel between areas.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Bayonetta, Splatoon, Zelda U
Currently playing: Wonderful101

AuthorMessage

mamp

147. Posted:

Anyone know if there's a level cap? I wanna try and get all the skills but I'm wondering if I'll be able to or if I'm just supposed to go off one of the 3 paths on the skill tree.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

148. Posted:

I think I'm near the end of the game.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

KingKoopa1982

149. Posted:

Downloading this now. Took me a couple days to decide if I wanted to pull the trigger or not, but I really couldn't resist anymore. Only problem now is my terrible internet connection. This is taking forever!

KingKoopa1982

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

150. Posted:

I initially dismissed(?) this as a platformer, because it's clearly an RPG (...and it still is) but I honestly wasn't expecting as much platformer logic as I have. Maybe I should have with Rayman Legends and all, I mean flying through some of these areas to get powerups is basically a slow version of certain windy areas of Legends (thinking maybe both were inspired by Bramble Blast + Dixie Kong)..

Also I am pretty glad I started over with the harder difficulty before I got too far, it's way better this way.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

151. Posted:

I also think some of the platforming reminds me of Rayman and yes hard mode ftw!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

152. Posted:

Does it mandate the use of Uplay ? (Cannot believe Nintendo let them put anything to do with that rubbish on the Wii U).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

153. Posted:

No it doesn't. I answered that on the review of it to you. It didn't even ask me when I started the game. It does save your accomplishments for it if you decide to sign up. I didn't sign up till I started playing AC4 a couple days ago. Don't see why you have a problem with it as it's not mandatory to use to play the games. It's there for those that like that sort of thing that Nintendo doesn't provide.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

luisesteban

154. Posted:

Uplay is totally alternative on Wii U.

luisesteban

AuthorMessage

Rezalack

155. Posted:

@kkslider5552000 You could have just changed it to hard in the settings, lol. I did this after about 3 fights. I think I'm at the final place in the game.. loving it but don't want to finish it because I don't want it to end.

Rezalack

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

156. Posted:

@AspiratiOn the same, don't want it to end. I'm still only in chapter 5 though so I'm sure I have a ways to go. Beautiful games and wonderful animation!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

157. Posted:

Spuratis wrote:

@kkslider5552000 You could have just changed it to hard in the settings

I don't know how I missed that. I looked in settings and everything, that wasn't there when I checked I think?

Edited on by kkslider5552000

AuthorMessage

Dezzy

158. Posted:

It seems that turn-based combat is spontaneously making a return! In the space of a few months we've had Bravely Default, South Park and Child of Light.

I'd always wondered why it disappeared without a sound after FFX.

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

159. Posted:

Lol, turned base never went anywhere. Most if not all Atlus games are turned based as well as the Denpamen games of which one is coming out here in the next 2 days. They took more like a back seat but never went anywhere!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

160. Posted:

Yes it did disappear, unless you actively look for obscure anime games or want to play more Pokemon. Sadly I'm only partially joking, before Xenoblade, Persona 4 Golden and Ni No Kuni came out within a year of each other, JRPG-like titles were in a baaaaad place for a while outside of the super niche stuff.

Edited on by kkslider5552000