Wii U Forum

Topic: Child of Light -- Ubisoft Platform RPG

Showing 181 to 190 of 190

AuthorMessage

Dreamz

181. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Dreamz
The touch screen allows him to "teleport", though, so your explanation doesn't make any sense. If anything, it's just as challenging, because you still have to have a steady hand.

Are you sure about that? I haven't used the touchscreen much in Child of Light, but when I was trying it, I don't remember Iggy teleporting - he just manually moved to wherever I pressed with the stylus.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Bayonetta, Splatoon, Zelda U
Currently playing: Wonderful101

AuthorMessage

jariw

182. Posted:

Dreamz wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Dreamz
The touch screen allows him to "teleport", though, so your explanation doesn't make any sense. If anything, it's just as challenging, because you still have to have a steady hand.

Are you sure about that? I haven't used the touchscreen much in Child of Light, but when I was trying it, I don't remember Iggy teleporting - he just manually moved to wherever I pressed with the stylus.

Iggy moves there at a rapid pace and accurately. If pointing and clicking at the screen with the Wiimote would be implemented, that could work in the same way.

Current Top 10: DK:TF, Pikmin 3, MK8, Stealth Inc. 2, Scram Kitty, SM3DW, LEGO City: Undercover, Bayonetta 1+2, Rayman Legends, Wind Waker HD
Looking forward to:
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, SSB U, Affordable Space Adventures, X, Hex Heroes, Yoshi's Wooly World, and more

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

183. Posted:

I absolutely enjoyed this game a lot more than I thought I would.. definitely an 8/10 (not a 9 because of the length and difficulty)

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

184. Posted:

I just finished the game. It was pretty great, though I personally don't think it reached the level of masterpiece it was probably trying for.

The rhyming kept going from charming to annoyingly forced and in general outside of the combat and presentation it more often than not didn't get past "pretty good" for me, but it was far more than worth the 15 dollars certainly. Also, we really need more JRPGs that aren't trying to be 50+ hours long, so I appreciated this game understanding pacing.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

rjejr

185. Posted:

Can anybody offer me any help finding Avo's farm and beating all the monsters? I went back to the house that I thought it was, just before the monastary at the end of the area, and beat all the monsters there. And the monsters in the area before that back to the little water shrine. Up thru the trees into the little secret area. Tried all the doors on the floating platforms. Seemed like a few respawned but I haven't seen any for awhile now. I have been as far ahead in the story as finding the flying pig and meeting up w/ the new character just past the pig joining the party - I have 4 now - but I havne't traveled up into the flying mountain after that yet. I've basically just centered myself on the guy looking for his shovel, flying back and forth killing everything I can find to kill. Does the game tell you when you've succeeded or do I need to keep flying back to Avo to ask him if I'm done?

rjejr

AuthorMessage

Dreamz

186. Posted:

@rjejr It sounds like you're at the right place - it's the house right before you reach the peach tree. There aren't any spiders up on the platforms, just four spiders (iirc) around the farm, down on the ground and close by.

AuthorMessage

rjejr

187. Posted:

Dreamz wrote:

@rjejr It sounds like you're at the right place - it's the house right before you reach the peach tree. There aren't any spiders up on the platforms, just four spiders (iirc) around the farm, down on the ground and close by.

Thanks, guess I'll keep looking, though I do have a full grown peach tree in my yard, and a smaller one next to that, and I haven't seen any peach trees in the game ;-).

rjejr

AuthorMessage

rjejr

188. Posted:

Dreamz wrote:

Finally found the house and I honestly can't recall ever seeing it before, though it was a lot closer to the beginning of the game than I thought so maybe I was just distracted by the newness of the game. Thanks for the words of encouragement. Made it to mice city then called it a night. I'm not even going to bother looking for the circus and her brother, one long side quest mission is enough for now.

rjejr

AuthorMessage

Dreamz

189. Posted:

Glad you found it! And yep, it's the tree near the start of the game, I guess I should have mentioned that. Though when I mentioned peach tree, this is what I had in mind:
Untitled

As for the circus, well, you should find that automatically as you explore. :)

AuthorMessage

rjejr

190. Posted:

[quote=Dreamz]Glad you found it! And yep, it's the tree near the start of the game, I guess I should have mentioned that. Though when I mentioned peach tree, this is what I had in mind:
Untitled

Nice photo - that the new Zelda U game? ;-)

rjejr