Wii U Forum

Topic: Miss Playing Nintendo Gamecube?

Showing 21 to 40 of 56

AuthorMessage
kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000

21. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Not really.
Beer + Women + partying

your descriptions of retro gaming are getting weird

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Let's Play MegaMan 64 (now with a playlist)!

AuthorMessage
Ducutzu

Ducutzu

22. Posted:

The GameCube was an awesome console. The problem is that the first-party games were too difficult to control, while the industry was moving towards simpler and simpler control schemes.

Wave Race Blue Storm was very appealing, but I found it hard to control. I found Luigi's Mansion hard to control, too. Super Mario Sunshine looked breathtaking but, again, was impossible for me to control.

I still love those game. But my non-gamer friends did not have patience to learn how to properly play Gamecube games with me.

If there is one thing for which I love my Wii U, it's the potential to allow people of different skill levels to have fun at the same time.

Ducutzu

AuthorMessage
Omega

Omega

23. Posted:

Still play regularly with it, and still love it.

Ωɱɛɡɑ

AuthorMessage
DaemonSword

DaemonSword

24. Posted:

Not as much as I want to, but when I do, ETERNAL DARKNESS time (and maybe the some RE special edition or Rogue Squadron).

DaemonSword

Nintendo Network ID: DaemonSword | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
JLSniper

JLSniper

25. Posted:

Still playing my Gamecube. Playing Mario Sunshine and Zelda Windwaker. My Gamecube turns 8years old this, and it still works.

Add me on Wii U, JLSniper. I drew my avatar on the best game system ever the 3ds...3ds friend code 4768-7474-1189.. oh add me please and u can see my fun pictures i draw on my 3ds :)

Twitter:

AuthorMessage
CM30

CM30

26. Posted:

I don't miss the console itself. Do I miss playing the games? Definitely, I loved the likes of Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker and Mario Kart Double Dash, but I guess I should go back and play them on the Wii or something one day.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage
kereke12

kereke12

27. Posted:

Mr_Trill281 wrote:

yo kereke12 bro yeah iam man...

nice bro

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

AuthorMessage
Papayosh

Papayosh

28. Posted:

I used to have an indigo NTSC gamecube back in the day, but I sold it.
However, I got a black PAL one for my birthday back in August with Super Mario Sunshine.
Later I got 2 more controllers and the component cable (was a bit expensive, but so worth it!)
i also got Paper Mario TTYD, Mario Kart DD, Chibi-robo, Baldur's gate, PoP: Sands of time, LoZ: The Wind Waker + Ocarina of Time and I want to get Luigi's Mansion (never played it before) and Wario World (used to have it and enjoyed it very much)

Papayosh

AuthorMessage
kereke12

kereke12

29. Posted:

kosmusurfer wrote:

I used to have an indigo NTSC gamecube back in the day, but I sold it.
However, I got a black PAL one for my birthday back in August with Super Mario Sunshine.
Later I got 2 more controllers and the component cable (was a bit expensive, but so worth it!)
i also got Paper Mario TTYD, Mario Kart DD, Chibi-robo, Baldur's gate, PoP: Sands of time, LoZ: The Wind Waker + Ocarina of Time and I want to get Luigi's Mansion (never played it before) and Wario World (used to have it and enjoyed it very much)

nice i played most of them

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

AuthorMessage
Tasuki

Tasuki

30. Posted:

Not really. I have a silver Gamecube in storage since I got my Wii back in 06. I just play the few GC games I have left on my Wii or at least I did untill I disconnected my Wii to make room for my Wii U. About the biggest thing I miss from the GC era is the Wavebird.

Edited on by Tasuki

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000

31. Posted:

I honestly haven't played much GCN in recent years, largely because I played many of the games to death during the GCN years. There are very few good GCN games I didn't beat. And I probably played more GCN games than any other system.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Let's Play MegaMan 64 (now with a playlist)!

AuthorMessage
kereke12

kereke12

32. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Not really. I have a silver Gamecube in storage since I got my Wii back in 06. I just play the few GC games I have left on my Wii or at least I did untill I disconnected my Wii to make room for my Wii U. About the biggest thing I miss from the GC era is the Wavebird.

yea i remeber those

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

AuthorMessage
Reala

Reala

33. Posted:

To be honest not really as it was my least fav nintendo console anyway, plus wind waker is getting an HD makeover for wii u which was my fav title on the GC and wasn't blown away by much else 1st party wise on the system.

Reala

AuthorMessage
bezerker99

bezerker99

34. Posted:

I still have two Gamecubes (one hooked up to my HD TV and one hooked up to my SD tv in my bedroom). I also have a Gamecube comp. Wii that is hooked up. I haven't missed anything thus far....i'm still playing the sucker!!!

"Everyone gets old but not everyone gets great!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
Kapp'n doesn't give a squid
All work and no play makes Zerk a dull boy.
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review!

Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
kereke12

kereke12

35. Posted:

the only thing i miss is when u turn it on and u press a certain button it make a different noise and playing the sims ubz because i gt twillight princess on wii and it took me 7 years to complete and buy

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

AuthorMessage
OrionLee

OrionLee

36. Posted:

I only recently picked up a gamecube ( as i bought a Wii U and transferred all my Wii data to the U) and I love it. The only problem is that games of my Favorite genre (RPG) are SO expensive to buy these days. £70 for paper Mario: TTYD? No thank you!

"This song is ending. But the story never ends."

Nintendo Network ID: OrionLee

AuthorMessage
Chomposaur

Chomposaur

37. Posted:

just found my old gamecube collection in a cupboard and found Paper mario TTYD, Windwaker, smash bros melee, Mario sunshine, Luigi's mansion and mario party 4 and 5. I also held the controller in my hand and after 7 years it felt so different lol

Disclaimer: "All opinions are my own, please do not get offended by what i have to say"

Nintendo ID :JogurtTheYogurt FC :2294-4103-5306

AuthorMessage
Chomposaur

Chomposaur

38. Posted:

OrionLee wrote:

I only recently picked up a gamecube ( as i bought a Wii U and transferred all my Wii data to the U) and I love it. The only problem is that games of my Favorite genre (RPG) are SO expensive to buy these days. £70 for paper Mario: TTYD? No thank you!

£70 for TTYD ? Slight overreaction Lol, it is expensive but ive found copies on ebay for £35-45

Disclaimer: "All opinions are my own, please do not get offended by what i have to say"

Nintendo ID :JogurtTheYogurt FC :2294-4103-5306

AuthorMessage
OrionLee

OrionLee

39. Posted:

JogurtTheYogurt wrote:

OrionLee wrote:

I only recently picked up a gamecube ( as i bought a Wii U and transferred all my Wii data to the U) and I love it. The only problem is that games of my Favorite genre (RPG) are SO expensive to buy these days. £70 for paper Mario: TTYD? No thank you!

£70 for TTYD ? Slight overreaction Lol, it is expensive but ive found copies on ebay for £35-45

Yeah, I'll admit it was an overreaction. Just a bit peeved at the games I really want to experience being a tad overpriced.

"This song is ending. But the story never ends."

Nintendo Network ID: OrionLee

AuthorMessage
NintyMan

NintyMan

40. Posted:

I don't miss it because I still play Gamecube games on the Wii. Actually, my sister and I have been playing first-party Gamecube games we've missed, such as Kirby Air Ride and Mario Superstar Baseball. A few days ago I played Mario Party 5 and revived a ton of memories of when I played Mario Party 4-7 and how much fun I had with those.

Luigi's Mansion, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Mario Sunshine, and Wario World are some of my favorite first-party games for it along with the Mario Party games. As far as third-party, it was definitely the Sonic Adventure remakes. Unfortunately, being a kid at the time, I wasn't good at judging shovelware, so I bought and played some licensed games and sub-par games I shouldn't have. However, SpongeBob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom is surprisingly good, so I'm glad I bought it again after selling it years ago.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Vote KIng K. Rool for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U!

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan