Forums

Topic: Anyone else a little....deflated?

Posts 281 to 300 of 372

komicturtle

@Mickeymac
So, the times when I said that Nintendo has had new IPs for the past few years, publishing games on DS by 3rd parties and people telling me "It's not Nintendo." but when it comes to games published by Microsoft, it's different? Just because a company publishes a game doesn't necessarily mean they have complete rights to the game. Minecraft isn't Microsoft's IP. Last Story isn't Nintendo's IP either because Mistwalker is an entirely different company separate from Nintendo- not only that, in NA, XSEED are publishing the game here. Are you doing to say Nintendo owns the rights and IP of Lego City? How about Ninja Gaiden 3? Publishing is different from development. You seem to be arguing with me for the sake of arguing when I'm just telling it like it is. Marvelous and 5th Cell developed games on that list. Microsoft only has the publishing rights. They don't have the rights to that property. And yes, I'll tell him to do his research because he's the one (and even you) who don't understand how publishing properties work.

@skywake I'm not hyped about the 2013 game releases of WiiU. I'm simply looking forward to getting the console later this year because I have been convinced to get one. And honestly, you shouldn't really care about why I'm hyped about it because my tastes in video games and experiences are not the same as yours. I'll be enjoying my WiiU with my friends on and offline without a care in the world whether or not you get one. I'm going to be living in the now and worry about the future when it comes because as far as I'm concerned there's plenty of content coming to WiiU this fall. If none caters to your interest- I say too bad. If people choose to close themselves off from "new" experiences (and I'll use that loosely before I get attacked with "What's new about NSMBU), that's their problem. As I stated before, Nintendo has put in effort to push 3rd party support and even when those wishes were granted, people are still complaining. And I'll reiterate- there's till plenty of time for Nintendo to talk about more WiiU news. Even though I believe they should have done more at their conference because it was extremely underwhelming, you gotta work with what you got I guess.

I have plenty of games to look forward to on WiiU, 3DS, PS3 and my computer. I don't have all the money in the world to get everything and I'm going to have to make some cut backs regardless. While I'm bummed out about some things missing, I'm also happy that they didn't go overboard and showcase loads of more games that would make my decisions more tougher than what they should be. 23 titles and more between November and March is a good amount for now. 23 titles were only shown at E3. Come TGS, there should be more. If not, well.. It's going to go downhill.

PS: I'm typing too much to defend my points and seems to be falling on deaf ears anyhow. Can you all not team up on me at once? Thanks :3

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

skywake

L4DYK0M1C wrote:

Even though I believe they should have done more at their conference because it was extremely underwhelming.

Do you realise that that's literally all I've been saying this whole time?

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

komicturtle

Yes. And you do realize that I've said that before... What's next?

komicturtle

skywake

Then why did you take issue with what I've been saying?

komicturtle

I haven't been taking any issue with everything you have been saying. The only issue I'm having is that you are making accusations like being hyped for games come 2013. Not in the mood of going back and forth because it's wasting my time and presumably yours.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

skywake

Well you did make a point of saying there were "loads of games coming out in 2013" after Sony_70 and I had made posts complaining about the lack of games to look forward to in 2013 for the Wii U post E3. This whole thing started when I called you out on that and then you claimed I was misrepresenting what you were saying or that I was somehow saying that there were no games coming in 2013.

You could have just said that it was a fair point to make instead of trying to defend to the death how promising 2013 for the Wii U looks ATM. :S

Mandoble

Nintendo did fail totally to show WiiU as a next generation system, it doesnt look more powerful than the others, the new control seems more like an annoying device that confuses more than helps, should I look at the controller?, should I look to the main screen? Rayman WiiU was the most clear example, where the players need to concentrate on the controller's touch screen only (so, why not to have it as a PSVita/3DS exclusive?). I think that the only winner system has been the PC, it gets always many more games than the rest and all of them of way higher quality.

Mandoble

skywake

Welcome to E3 2004. The Wii U showing was average but the lack of understanding of why you'd want two screens was definitely not one of the reasons for it. Go and play OoT3D or something like Henry Hatsworth and then come back and say that two screens for control confuses rather than helps.

Mandoble

If you need to look to your controller to see/select something then you are not looking to the main screen, so no big difference with click -> inventory screen/map -> click -> main screen. No way to compare this with OoT3D where both screens are side by side. I dont see it as a big step for gaming, and everything else may be confusing or just focused on the touch screen only.

Mandoble

Nintenbro

@L4DYK0M1C, Nintendo is the proprietor of Monolithsoft, so yes, Xenoblade Chronicles is a first-party title in every sense of the word.

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

skywake

@Mandoble You aren't looking at the main screen when you do that on the 3DS/DS either. You also aren't looking at your monitor if you're looking at your keyboard and you aren't looking at your TV when you're looking at your remote. There are remote control apps for your phone and you certainty aren't looking at your TV when you use them and yet they work perfectly fine.

So that complaint is total BS.

Edited on by skywake

shingi_70

I'm hoping P-1000 so we can get more 2nd party partner ships from nintendo like Microsoft and Sony have.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

hYdeks

I'm 26 years old and i've been gaming since I've been 3. I use to be excited over the lil thing announced and showed, by this time in my life, I'm not really excited about e3 and or any of that crap at all. I know what games I like, so I'm gonna get a Wii U no matter what. The excitement in learning a new game or the excitement e3 once had on me has been dead for a couple years now. It happens as you grow older and realize "everything changes but yet still stays the same"

hYdeks

komicturtle

G4L wrote:

@L4DYK0M1C, Nintendo is the proprietor of Monolithsoft, so yes, Xenoblade Chronicles is a first-party title in every sense of the word.

I know Nintendo has rights to Xenoblade since Monolith is a subsidary of Nintendo now... I was talking about The Last Story, in which even in the game states that it's sole property of Mistwalker. Just because Nintendo publish Monster Hunter Tri (Europe) and Dragon Quest IX doesn't make it their IP like Sony and Mickey were claiming :/

@skywake
I misspoke. It happens, I guess.

komicturtle

shingi_70

Huh Nintrndo owns the ip to the last story. If mistwalker owned ot they would have filed the trademarks instead of nintendo.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

CanisWolfred

L4DYK0M1C wrote:

@Mickeymac
So, the times when I said that Nintendo has had new IPs for the past few years, publishing games on DS by 3rd parties and people telling me "It's not Nintendo." but when it comes to games published by Microsoft, it's different?

No, those people were dead wrong and rather than believe them straight up, you could've always brought out the books and proved to them that they don't know what they're talking about.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

Sorely dissapointed that ghost recon online wont be at alunch and there are no good looking online mutiplayer games at launch.

Still not sure why ni tendon hasn't made a follow up to hunters.

WAT!

CanisWolfred

L4DYK0M1C wrote:

Just because Nintendo publish Monster Hunter Tri (Europe) and Dragon Quest IX doesn't make it their IP like Sony and Mickey were claiming :/

[/div]

Jesus Christ, I said there were exceptions, and those are exactly the exceptions I was talking about. Those are brands wholly owned by their parent companies, and in those cases, they worked out a deal with Nintendo to publish them in other territories. I could've sworn I even used Ninja Gaiden III as an example of this, if you actually read my post. In fact, usually in those cases, Nintendo only has rights to distribute them. Sony's been talking specifically about IPs owned by Nintendo, too. In the cases of smaller brands, the publisher owns all the rights to that IP.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

komicturtle

I read through your WHOLE post as soon it was posted and no, you did not even point out Ninja Gaiden at all. Don't make accusations just for the sake of it. I'm not going to waste time arguing because I don't want to sound like a broken record.

Microsoft still does not own those properties Sony has brought up. And like I said, in the past 11 years, Microsoft has yet to set up branches like Sony and Nintendo have been doing. Don't get on me if I tell it like it is.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

shingi_70

Microsoft has been staffing up lately and making new studios. So far first party they have.

United States
343 Industries
Good Science Studios
Microsoft Studio Core Publishing team
Microsoft Studios Family
Microsoft Studios Flight
Microsoft Studios Kids and Lifestyle Entertainment
Microsoft Studios Leap
Microsoft Studios playful learning
Platform Next Studios
The Connected Experiences
Turn 10
Twisted Pixel
Xbox Live Productions

Europe
Lionhead
MGS soho
Press Play (acquired this week)
Rare

Canada
Bigpark
MGS Vctoria
MGS Vancouver

Then there is another 4 that work on the OS, app, and mostly tech side of things.

Microsoft also had just hired Phil Harrison over at European part. They've seen how Sony has flourished with internal studios and creating 343 left a nice taste in there mouth. I wouldn't be surprised that by the year is up they aquifer playground games and signal studios. I wish they would buy mistwalker outright as well. That and they have good 2nd pparty relationships with good devs like double fine with another Happy Action theathre on the way as well as Tim Shafer hinting at a sequel to iron brigade. Also they put aside Round 3 million dollars to go to getting major thrid parties to worm on exculskve games in the way gears of war is.

So I'm optimistic for Microsoft's first party output in the future.

WAT!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.