Wii U Forum

Topic: Anyone else a little....deflated?

Showing 281 to 300 of 385

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

281. Posted:

@Sony_70 Damnit. Unlike the other three XBLA games we saw, Dust is actually a standout title from what I've seen. I'd love it if it got more attention, but it doesn't seem like that'll be happening.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

282. Posted:

LittleIrves wrote:

And didn't Reggie say they were ONLY showing games that would release in the launch window? So the fact that we don't know of any games beyond Feb. 2013 is not surprising.

Nintendo is damned if they do and damned if they don't. When 3DS was first revealed they showed a bunch of future software (Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion) and then people were mad when they didn't come out at launch. When they finally show them off when the games were ready to release, people complain they're not showing anything new. The public will never be happy. I think once the dust settles and people calm down, Nintendo's plan will make more sense.

I for one never complained about this and I don't know of many people who did. The complaining you heard wasn't about the fact that they showed games and 3DS didn't launch with all of them the complaining was about the fact that for six months the best game to play on your 3DS was Mario Kart DS. Surely there's a balance between showing us trailers for every single game coming to the console three years in advance and telling us nothing outside of the launch window. Imagine how much worse the 3DS would have sold at launch if they had only shown us Streetfighter, Pilotwings, Nintendogs and Steel Diver before it's launch.

The fact that people saw Animal Crossing so early is more positive than negative really. I know of people who got a 3DS mostly because of the promise of Animal Crossing with Streetpass. The fact that it's been two whole years since they first heard about Animal Crossing 3DS sucks but they did get a 3DS for it. Now they're playing Mario Kart and collecting Puzzle Pieces in Streetpass Quest and so on. It's not a bad thing they were hyped about it early and when Animal Crossing comes around, assuming they haven't died of old age, they'll still buy a copy of Animal Crossing.

What I'm trying to say is that people are much more likley to say say "woah! and a new _____ to look forward to next year? I'm going to get one of these" when shown a game a year or so before release. The "I wish they hadn't told me about next year's games, now I'm not going to get one because a year is too long" people are lying.

LittleIrves wrote:

Once they tease or reveal the first BIG new Wii U game, these same complainers are gonna freak out and fall down in ecstasy.

That's exactly what I've been saying for the last age of pages. Their E3 was dull because it lacked that "first big new Wii U game". I wouldn't be talking about how average their E3 showing was and how uninspiring 2013 looks if they had shown one big title to look forward to.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mamp

283. Posted:

My guess is Nintendo will react to all the negativity they've been getting about the conference so we can expect some good surprises on their next Nintendo Direct.
@LittleIrves
TBH the 3DS unveiling was the best thing ever. The only reason people complained was that we waited 7 months to have anything to play which is why people wanted something to come out, and as soon as we got good games on the eShop and Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 came out everybody settled down and now the 3DS is the best hands down.

Marry Me!!!
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ReleaseTheBears

284. Posted:

I would've been crushed by this year's e3, if last year's e3 hadn't already done it. When the Wii came out, e3 made me want to play one. They've had two year to show me what the Wii U can offer, and the showing was ho-hum. It's a console you buy during the last year or so of the console cycle when the library is fleshed out enough that you can pick up the best games used or digitally.

ReleaseTheBears

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

285. Posted:

If you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go back to Kid Icarus and Xenoblade so I can remind myself why I play Nintendo games.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

286. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

You do realize that microsoft owns the ip right?

Also lococycle and ascend are done by microsoft studios.

Your shoddy logic means the last story isn't a nintendo ip.

[/div]

[/div]

I never said Last Story was Nintendo's IP. Nintendo doesn't even have rights to the games. And again, those two games ARE NOT DONE by Microsoft Game Studios (lol they don't even have studios compared to Nintendo's and Sony's all across Japan, Europe and America- even Canada for Sony).

I'm not the one with the shoddy logic. You really need to do your research and then get back to me.

@Skywake
Please don't use the fanboy card on me. It's ineffective. And I read your post. You didn't read mine. You're talking as if you know for a fact there's nothing. C'mon, let's be real, there has to be something. How about this- there is or there isn't anything for 2013 for WiiU? Fair game?

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

287. Posted:

@L4DYK0M1C
I didn't say we "know for a fact there's nothing" outside of the launch window I said that they didn't talk about anything outside of the launch window. That ontop of that we don't have info on any big Wii U exclusives for that post-launch-window period. I mean really, read my posts again and listen to why I'm saying what I'm saying.

I'm not saying and haven't yet said that I know that 2013 is going to suck for the Wii U. All I have said is that we don't know of anything to be excited about the Wii U's 2013 for and that Nintendo's showing at E3 gave us nothing. That when you look at what we know outside of the launch window you see blank pages. That's not a good thing and that's why I feel disappointed about their showing at E3.

and yes, when you say that you're really, really hyped about the Wii U lineup for 2013 because there must be something I'm going to use the "fanboy card". For all we know 2013 could be pretty average, it could be Wii Sports U, Wii Fit U Plus and Punchout. So I think you have to be a pretty dedicated fanboy to say that 2013 is going to be awesome even though we know nothing about 2013. All I'm saying is that we know nothing about 2013 and that nothing isn't something I'm going to wait out in the rain at a console launch for.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

288. Posted:

@Skywake - Technically speaking, and I'm really nitpicking here, since the Launch period is 4 months long and the system launches on the holidays, well, chances are there will definitely be games coming out next year. Two of those games are Pikmin 3 and P-100, after all, so there will be something interesting for sure next year, even if it's early in the year. :P

@Ladykomic - That's not what a first party game is. You really should look it up sometime, because it's not what you think. Publishing the game is all that's required to be first party. There are some grey areas, but first-party publishing also usually means that they own the IP now. As such, The Last Story belongs to Nintendo, not Mistwalker. Mistwalker can't turn around and put The Last Story 2 on the Xbox without Nintendo's consent, or they buy the IP from them. And yes, Mistwalker is a third-party developer. So all those games he mentioned are indeed first-party Microsoft-owned IPs, none of which are sequels. The only questionable one is Dust, which is actually a licensed game that was meant to tie into a Movie that never came out, but it's been so long, Microsoft might have bought the rights to the IP by now.

And really, Komic, you're in no position to be telling someone else to do their research, especially Sony_70, when you don't even display even a basic understanding of the key term in what you're arguing about. :P

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

289. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

@Skywake - Technically speaking, and I'm really nitpicking here, since the Launch period is 4 months long and the system launches on the holidays, well, chances are there will definitely be games coming out next year. Two of those games are Pikmin 3 and P-100, after all, so there will be something interesting for sure next year, even if it's early in the year. :P

Well I did repeatedly say "outside of the launch window" and "February to August and August to December 2013" so I thought I was pretty clear about what I meant by 2013. I think at a couple of points I even said "I'm disappointed about the lack of games talked about for 2013/14" which generally would mean something like the bit between 2013's E3 and the one after. Point taken though. :P

Also no Pikmin for Launch? Really? I thought it was! That sucks :(

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

290. Posted:

so did those 3 mystery games ever get revealed? Anyone?

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

291. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

so did those 3 mystery games ever get revealed? Anyone?

Nope, totally thought they'd announce it yesterday, but they didn't.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

292. Posted:

@Mickeymac
So, the times when I said that Nintendo has had new IPs for the past few years, publishing games on DS by 3rd parties and people telling me "It's not Nintendo." but when it comes to games published by Microsoft, it's different? Just because a company publishes a game doesn't necessarily mean they have complete rights to the game. Minecraft isn't Microsoft's IP. Last Story isn't Nintendo's IP either because Mistwalker is an entirely different company separate from Nintendo- not only that, in NA, XSEED are publishing the game here. Are you doing to say Nintendo owns the rights and IP of Lego City? How about Ninja Gaiden 3? Publishing is different from development. You seem to be arguing with me for the sake of arguing when I'm just telling it like it is. Marvelous and 5th Cell developed games on that list. Microsoft only has the publishing rights. They don't have the rights to that property. And yes, I'll tell him to do his research because he's the one (and even you) who don't understand how publishing properties work.

@skywake I'm not hyped about the 2013 game releases of WiiU. I'm simply looking forward to getting the console later this year because I have been convinced to get one. And honestly, you shouldn't really care about why I'm hyped about it because my tastes in video games and experiences are not the same as yours. I'll be enjoying my WiiU with my friends on and offline without a care in the world whether or not you get one. I'm going to be living in the now and worry about the future when it comes because as far as I'm concerned there's plenty of content coming to WiiU this fall. If none caters to your interest- I say too bad. If people choose to close themselves off from "new" experiences (and I'll use that loosely before I get attacked with "What's new about NSMBU), that's their problem. As I stated before, Nintendo has put in effort to push 3rd party support and even when those wishes were granted, people are still complaining. And I'll reiterate- there's till plenty of time for Nintendo to talk about more WiiU news. Even though I believe they should have done more at their conference because it was extremely underwhelming, you gotta work with what you got I guess.

I have plenty of games to look forward to on WiiU, 3DS, PS3 and my computer. I don't have all the money in the world to get everything and I'm going to have to make some cut backs regardless. While I'm bummed out about some things missing, I'm also happy that they didn't go overboard and showcase loads of more games that would make my decisions more tougher than what they should be. 23 titles and more between November and March is a good amount for now. 23 titles were only shown at E3. Come TGS, there should be more. If not, well.. It's going to go downhill.

PS: I'm typing too much to defend my points and seems to be falling on deaf ears anyhow. Can you all not team up on me at once? Thanks :3

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

293. Posted:

L4DYK0M1C wrote:

Even though I believe they should have done more at their conference because it was extremely underwhelming.

Do you realise that that's literally all I've been saying this whole time?

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

294. Posted:

Yes. And you do realize that I've said that before... What's next?

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

295. Posted:

Then why did you take issue with what I've been saying?

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

296. Posted:

I haven't been taking any issue with everything you have been saying. The only issue I'm having is that you are making accusations like being hyped for games come 2013. Not in the mood of going back and forth because it's wasting my time and presumably yours.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

297. Posted:

Well you did make a point of saying there were "loads of games coming out in 2013" after Sony_70 and I had made posts complaining about the lack of games to look forward to in 2013 for the Wii U post E3. This whole thing started when I called you out on that and then you claimed I was misrepresenting what you were saying or that I was somehow saying that there were no games coming in 2013.

You could have just said that it was a fair point to make instead of trying to defend to the death how promising 2013 for the Wii U looks ATM. :S

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mandoble

298. Posted:

Nintendo did fail totally to show WiiU as a next generation system, it doesnt look more powerful than the others, the new control seems more like an annoying device that confuses more than helps, should I look at the controller?, should I look to the main screen? Rayman WiiU was the most clear example, where the players need to concentrate on the controller's touch screen only (so, why not to have it as a PSVita/3DS exclusive?). I think that the only winner system has been the PC, it gets always many more games than the rest and all of them of way higher quality.

Mandoble

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

299. Posted:

Welcome to E3 2004. The Wii U showing was average but the lack of understanding of why you'd want two screens was definitely not one of the reasons for it. Go and play OoT3D or something like Henry Hatsworth and then come back and say that two screens for control confuses rather than helps.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mandoble

300. Posted:

If you need to look to your controller to see/select something then you are not looking to the main screen, so no big difference with click -> inventory screen/map -> click -> main screen. No way to compare this with OoT3D where both screens are side by side. I dont see it as a big step for gaming, and everything else may be confusing or just focused on the touch screen only.

Mandoble