Wii U Forum

Topic: Anyone else a little....deflated?

Showing 261 to 280 of 385

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

261. Posted:

It was a joke. Kind of like the wii is two gamecubes taped together. I know that full well the Wii U is next gen.

I was expecting something closer to the Wii reveal. That and Ghost Recon Online is nowhere to be seen.

Also Microsoft has down pretty well last quater. The xbox makes a profit and has. E'en for years but its stuck in the same division as windows phone and things like payment to nokia and other third parotes make up a loss.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=470915
http://www.microsoft.com/investor/EarningsAndFinancials/Earni...

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

262. Posted:

I already did. Aliens. That's not a "new" game? Ghost Recon Online as well. We're in the middle of June. WiiU has yet to be released. If you believe that at E3 is all we're ever going to hear about new games coming to the platform, well, oh well. That's on you.

People acting like it's November right now or something (x_x;)

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Ryno

263. Posted:

@L4DYK0M1C: Nintendo appreciates your fandom. Unfortunately for Nintendo though, not every gamer is like you and gamers were looking to E3 to get hyped up.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

264. Posted:

I was modest even though the presentations (minus Ubisoft) were severely underwhelming. Had nothing to do with fandom. It's more to do with being optimistic.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

LittleIrves

265. Posted:

And didn't Reggie say they were ONLY showing games that would release in the launch window? So the fact that we don't know of any games beyond Feb. 2013 is not surprising.

Nintendo is damned if they do and damned if they don't. When 3DS was first revealed they showed a bunch of future software (Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion) and then people were mad when they didn't come out at launch. When they finally show them off when the games were ready to release, people complain they're not showing anything new. The public will never be happy. I think once the dust settles and people calm down, Nintendo's plan will make more sense. Once they tease or reveal the first BIG new Wii U game, these same complainers are gonna freak out and fall down in ecstasy.

Contributing writer at killscreendaily.com
Wii: 1134-6733-6423-3945
3DS: 4682-8453-5026

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

266. Posted:

First impressions are everything.

Do you think you or nintendo finds it odd more people are talking a out smartglass than wii u.

I dunno was hoping for more that 1 new ip and a sequel that isn't more of the same.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

MAB

267. Posted:

Ladies and gentleman we don't have much going on at the moment we have a shooter and a shooter and here is another shooter also we have a counter attack for the WiiU control it is an ipad now everybody put your hands together for a washed up Michael Jackson rip-off USHERRRR!

MAB

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

268. Posted:

I don't care if more people are talking more about smartglass. And I don't find it odd at all especially with in this generation. And every time someone is talking about smartglass, WiiU is brought up, so, they're pretty much even....

And if you want a sequel to not be more of the same- breaking news, at least every sequel of every game are the same. And new IP? Talk to Microsoft. They haven't been doing anything at all when it comes to new IPs in the 10 years they've been in the gaming industry because they're too busy paying off 3rd parties. They formed a company for Halo Wars- a month or two after release, they closed the studio down. Nintendo has been bringing in new IPs all the time- not in the same scale of Mario or Zelda, but great IPs noneoftheless. Shigeru Miyamoto is surely working on something brand new because he's always been talking about it. Last year, they hired a new generation of developers to work in a brand new studio Nintendo is constructing in Japan. Your new IPs are on the way. I just wish Nintendo brought back Ice Climbers and Balloon Fight- maybe as short games on eShop. Nintendo has a backlog of IPs that need to be brought back before they can make new ones. That's what I think, at least.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

269. Posted:

New ips from microsoft shown at e3 and coming this year
Wreckateer
Ascend new gods
Deadlight
Hybrid
Dust an elysian tale
Crimsion dragon
Diabolical pitch
Haunt
Matter
Lococycle

Please try again

WAT!

AuthorMessage

ShadowChaos

270. Posted:

ubisoft is working on the pc version of Ghost Recon Online first once they finish it than they will focus on the WII U version

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Recon_Online

3DS FC: 1633-4304-0741
"This is war; survival is your responsibility" ~ HUNK
Today is a baby win, Tomorrow is a big boy win
When theres no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

271. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

New ips from microsoft shown at e3 and coming this year
Wreckateer
Ascend new gods
Deadlight
Hybrid
Dust an elysian tale
Crimsion dragon
Diabolical pitch
Haunt
Matter
Lococycle

Please try again

Those are published by Microsoft and developed by 3rd parties.

You should try again.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Ryno

272. Posted:

Untitled

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

273. Posted:

You do realize that microsoft owns the ip right?

Also lococycle and ascend are done by microsoft studios.

Your shoddy logic means the last story isn't a nintendo ip.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

SonyFACE

274. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

You do realize that microsoft owns the ip right?

Also lococycle and ascend are done by microsoft studios.

Your shoddy logic means the last story isn't a nintendo ip.

Well, it's not, really. It's an exclusive.

Charter Member of SonyLife.
Nintendo and Sony for the win, Microsoft ehh.
Psalm 51.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5840-8779 | Nintendo Network ID: SonyFACE

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

275. Posted:

Nintendo owns the ip thefore its a niew nintendo ip.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

276. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Yeah those games are here to stay but do we really need to see these in a presentation mainly viewed by the enthusiastic gamer?

[/div]

E3 hasn't been for the "Enthuisiastic Gamer" in years, since those people don't need have that kind of information shoved down their throats. E3 is for casuals and the mainstream. That's why it's covered by the mainstream media now and that's why they show those casual, non-game, and Mainstream games these past couple of years. For the gamers, there's the show floor and the official websites, where we can see the games themselves, read the previews, and make up our own minds.

Sony_70 wrote:

Dust an elysian tale

Just outta curiousity, was that shown at all at the presentation?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

277. Posted:

No but it was on the show floor. P-100 wasn't in the show and people are counting that.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Ryno

278. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Yeah those games are here to stay but do we really need to see these in a presentation mainly viewed by the enthusiastic gamer?

[/div]

E3 hasn't been for the "Enthuisiastic Gamer" in years, since those people don't need have that kind of information shoved down their throats. E3 is for casuals and the mainstream. That's why it's covered by the mainstream media now and that's why they show those casual, non-game, and Mainstream games these past couple of years. For the gamers, there's the show floor and the official websites, where we can see the games themselves, read the previews, and make up our own minds.

Sure, they don't need that information jammed down their throats but I would bet that most core gamers highly anticipated the conferences and made up the majority of the population that watched it. What I have been saying all along is that I think it was a missed opportunity to really build up some hype for the new console. I am interested to see and compare the route Sony goes with the PS4 next year.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Drawdler

279. Posted:

Yeah... I was pretty disappointed for an E3.

Last year was amazing, the first look at the Wii U made me giddy with excitement. This year the only thing that really excited me was Pikmin. Don't get me wrong, I love Mario games, but the last really amazing and challenging Mario one was Super Mario Galaxy 2- I haven't played NSMBW for ages so I can't comment fairly on it, but- Mario Kart 7 was missing the hugely important Single Player VS and the unlocks were too easy compared to MKW, and 3D Land was fun, but not brilliant and, I hate to say it, but really gimmicky. And I do love the Bros. games, but having them since the DS seems really redundant.

They really should have surprised everyone and started work on a hidden Galaxy sequel. Then, they could have announced it at E3. At this point I honestly wouldn't care wether it was on 3DS or Wii U, or heck, maybe even DS(just hypothetically, obviously wouldn't happen). They were the last truly stunning 3D Mario games and I don't know why they dropped them for two Bros. games and 3D Land. I'm starving for more of them! D:

At this point, I'm much, much more excited for the 3DS games... But then, I've been excited for them since 2010...

Edited on by Drawdler

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

skywake

280. Posted:

L4DYK0M1C wrote:

I already did. Aliens. That's not a "new" game? Ghost Recon Online as well. We're in the middle of June. WiiU has yet to be released. If you believe that at E3 is all we're ever going to hear about new games coming to the platform, well, oh well. That's on you.

People acting like it's November right now or something (x_x;)

Beyond the launch window............ did you not read my post?

You can fanboy it up all you want but the truth is 2013 looks pretty empty for the Wii U and there was literally nothing new to be said about it. That's what was disappointing about E3, that's why the Wii U doesn't look as compelling as it did when I thought they'd tell us about the big games on the way. Also, Aliens is a cross platform game as is Ghost Recon so neither are reasons to be excited about the Wii U.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake