Forums

Topic: Anyone else a little....deflated?

Posts 261 to 280 of 372

Ryno

Untitled

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

shingi_70

You do realize that microsoft owns the ip right?

Also lococycle and ascend are done by microsoft studios.

Your shoddy logic means the last story isn't a nintendo ip.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

SonyFACE

Sony_70 wrote:

Well, it's not, really. It's an exclusive.

Charter Member of SonyLife.
Nintendo and Sony for the win, Microsoft ehh.
Psalm 51.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5840-8779 | Nintendo Network ID: SonyFACE

shingi_70

Nintendo owns the ip thefore its a niew nintendo ip.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

CanisWolfred

Ryno wrote:

Yeah those games are here to stay but do we really need to see these in a presentation mainly viewed by the enthusiastic gamer?

[/div]

E3 hasn't been for the "Enthuisiastic Gamer" in years, since those people don't need have that kind of information shoved down their throats. E3 is for casuals and the mainstream. That's why it's covered by the mainstream media now and that's why they show those casual, non-game, and Mainstream games these past couple of years. For the gamers, there's the show floor and the official websites, where we can see the games themselves, read the previews, and make up our own minds.

Sony_70 wrote:

Dust an elysian tale

Just outta curiousity, was that shown at all at the presentation?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

No but it was on the show floor. P-100 wasn't in the show and people are counting that.

WAT!

Ryno

Mickeymac wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Yeah those games are here to stay but do we really need to see these in a presentation mainly viewed by the enthusiastic gamer?

[/div]

E3 hasn't been for the "Enthuisiastic Gamer" in years, since those people don't need have that kind of information shoved down their throats. E3 is for casuals and the mainstream. That's why it's covered by the mainstream media now and that's why they show those casual, non-game, and Mainstream games these past couple of years. For the gamers, there's the show floor and the official websites, where we can see the games themselves, read the previews, and make up our own minds.

Sure, they don't need that information jammed down their throats but I would bet that most core gamers highly anticipated the conferences and made up the majority of the population that watched it. What I have been saying all along is that I think it was a missed opportunity to really build up some hype for the new console. I am interested to see and compare the route Sony goes with the PS4 next year.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Drawdler

Yeah... I was pretty disappointed for an E3.

Last year was amazing, the first look at the Wii U made me giddy with excitement. This year the only thing that really excited me was Pikmin. Don't get me wrong, I love Mario games, but the last really amazing and challenging Mario one was Super Mario Galaxy 2- I haven't played NSMBW for ages so I can't comment fairly on it, but- Mario Kart 7 was missing the hugely important Single Player VS and the unlocks were too easy compared to MKW, and 3D Land was fun, but not brilliant and, I hate to say it, but really gimmicky. And I do love the Bros. games, but having them since the DS seems really redundant.

They really should have surprised everyone and started work on a hidden Galaxy sequel. Then, they could have announced it at E3. At this point I honestly wouldn't care wether it was on 3DS or Wii U, or heck, maybe even DS(just hypothetically, obviously wouldn't happen). They were the last truly stunning 3D Mario games and I don't know why they dropped them for two Bros. games and 3D Land. I'm starving for more of them! D:

At this point, I'm much, much more excited for the 3DS games... But then, I've been excited for them since 2010...

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

skywake

L4DYK0M1C wrote:

I already did. Aliens. That's not a "new" game? Ghost Recon Online as well. We're in the middle of June. WiiU has yet to be released. If you believe that at E3 is all we're ever going to hear about new games coming to the platform, well, oh well. That's on you.

People acting like it's November right now or something (x_x;)

Beyond the launch window............ did you not read my post?

You can fanboy it up all you want but the truth is 2013 looks pretty empty for the Wii U and there was literally nothing new to be said about it. That's what was disappointing about E3, that's why the Wii U doesn't look as compelling as it did when I thought they'd tell us about the big games on the way. Also, Aliens is a cross platform game as is Ghost Recon so neither are reasons to be excited about the Wii U.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

CanisWolfred

@Sony_70 Damnit. Unlike the other three XBLA games we saw, Dust is actually a standout title from what I've seen. I'd love it if it got more attention, but it doesn't seem like that'll be happening.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

skywake

LittleIrves wrote:

And didn't Reggie say they were ONLY showing games that would release in the launch window? So the fact that we don't know of any games beyond Feb. 2013 is not surprising.

Nintendo is damned if they do and damned if they don't. When 3DS was first revealed they showed a bunch of future software (Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion) and then people were mad when they didn't come out at launch. When they finally show them off when the games were ready to release, people complain they're not showing anything new. The public will never be happy. I think once the dust settles and people calm down, Nintendo's plan will make more sense.

I for one never complained about this and I don't know of many people who did. The complaining you heard wasn't about the fact that they showed games and 3DS didn't launch with all of them the complaining was about the fact that for six months the best game to play on your 3DS was Mario Kart DS. Surely there's a balance between showing us trailers for every single game coming to the console three years in advance and telling us nothing outside of the launch window. Imagine how much worse the 3DS would have sold at launch if they had only shown us Streetfighter, Pilotwings, Nintendogs and Steel Diver before it's launch.

The fact that people saw Animal Crossing so early is more positive than negative really. I know of people who got a 3DS mostly because of the promise of Animal Crossing with Streetpass. The fact that it's been two whole years since they first heard about Animal Crossing 3DS sucks but they did get a 3DS for it. Now they're playing Mario Kart and collecting Puzzle Pieces in Streetpass Quest and so on. It's not a bad thing they were hyped about it early and when Animal Crossing comes around, assuming they haven't died of old age, they'll still buy a copy of Animal Crossing.

What I'm trying to say is that people are much more likley to say say "woah! and a new _____ to look forward to next year? I'm going to get one of these" when shown a game a year or so before release. The "I wish they hadn't told me about next year's games, now I'm not going to get one because a year is too long" people are lying.

LittleIrves wrote:

Once they tease or reveal the first BIG new Wii U game, these same complainers are gonna freak out and fall down in ecstasy.

That's exactly what I've been saying for the last age of pages. Their E3 was dull because it lacked that "first big new Wii U game". I wouldn't be talking about how average their E3 showing was and how uninspiring 2013 looks if they had shown one big title to look forward to.

Edited on by skywake

mamp

My guess is Nintendo will react to all the negativity they've been getting about the conference so we can expect some good surprises on their next Nintendo Direct.
@LittleIrves
TBH the 3DS unveiling was the best thing ever. The only reason people complained was that we waited 7 months to have anything to play which is why people wanted something to come out, and as soon as we got good games on the eShop and Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 came out everybody settled down and now the 3DS is the best hands down.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

ReleaseTheBears

I would've been crushed by this year's e3, if last year's e3 hadn't already done it. When the Wii came out, e3 made me want to play one. They've had two year to show me what the Wii U can offer, and the showing was ho-hum. It's a console you buy during the last year or so of the console cycle when the library is fleshed out enough that you can pick up the best games used or digitally.

ReleaseTheBears

kkslider5552000

If you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go back to Kid Icarus and Xenoblade so I can remind myself why I play Nintendo games.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

komicturtle

Sony_70 wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

I never said Last Story was Nintendo's IP. Nintendo doesn't even have rights to the games. And again, those two games ARE NOT DONE by Microsoft Game Studios (lol they don't even have studios compared to Nintendo's and Sony's all across Japan, Europe and America- even Canada for Sony).

I'm not the one with the shoddy logic. You really need to do your research and then get back to me.

@Skywake
Please don't use the fanboy card on me. It's ineffective. And I read your post. You didn't read mine. You're talking as if you know for a fact there's nothing. C'mon, let's be real, there has to be something. How about this- there is or there isn't anything for 2013 for WiiU? Fair game?

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

skywake

@L4DYK0M1C
I didn't say we "know for a fact there's nothing" outside of the launch window I said that they didn't talk about anything outside of the launch window. That ontop of that we don't have info on any big Wii U exclusives for that post-launch-window period. I mean really, read my posts again and listen to why I'm saying what I'm saying.

I'm not saying and haven't yet said that I know that 2013 is going to suck for the Wii U. All I have said is that we don't know of anything to be excited about the Wii U's 2013 for and that Nintendo's showing at E3 gave us nothing. That when you look at what we know outside of the launch window you see blank pages. That's not a good thing and that's why I feel disappointed about their showing at E3.

and yes, when you say that you're really, really hyped about the Wii U lineup for 2013 because there must be something I'm going to use the "fanboy card". For all we know 2013 could be pretty average, it could be Wii Sports U, Wii Fit U Plus and Punchout. So I think you have to be a pretty dedicated fanboy to say that 2013 is going to be awesome even though we know nothing about 2013. All I'm saying is that we know nothing about 2013 and that nothing isn't something I'm going to wait out in the rain at a console launch for.

Edited on by skywake

CanisWolfred

@Skywake - Technically speaking, and I'm really nitpicking here, since the Launch period is 4 months long and the system launches on the holidays, well, chances are there will definitely be games coming out next year. Two of those games are Pikmin 3 and P-100, after all, so there will be something interesting for sure next year, even if it's early in the year.

@Ladykomic - That's not what a first party game is. You really should look it up sometime, because it's not what you think. Publishing the game is all that's required to be first party. There are some grey areas, but first-party publishing also usually means that they own the IP now. As such, The Last Story belongs to Nintendo, not Mistwalker. Mistwalker can't turn around and put The Last Story 2 on the Xbox without Nintendo's consent, or they buy the IP from them. And yes, Mistwalker is a third-party developer. So all those games he mentioned are indeed first-party Microsoft-owned IPs, none of which are sequels. The only questionable one is Dust, which is actually a licensed game that was meant to tie into a Movie that never came out, but it's been so long, Microsoft might have bought the rights to the IP by now.

And really, Komic, you're in no position to be telling someone else to do their research, especially Sony_70, when you don't even display even a basic understanding of the key term in what you're arguing about.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

skywake

Mickeymac wrote:

@Skywake - Technically speaking, and I'm really nitpicking here, since the Launch period is 4 months long and the system launches on the holidays, well, chances are there will definitely be games coming out next year. Two of those games are Pikmin 3 and P-100, after all, so there will be something interesting for sure next year, even if it's early in the year.

Well I did repeatedly say "outside of the launch window" and "February to August and August to December 2013" so I thought I was pretty clear about what I meant by 2013. I think at a couple of points I even said "I'm disappointed about the lack of games talked about for 2013/14" which generally would mean something like the bit between 2013's E3 and the one after. Point taken though.

Also no Pikmin for Launch? Really? I thought it was! That sucks

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.