Wii U Forum

Topic: Anyone else a little....deflated?

Showing 161 to 180 of 385

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

161. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

skywake wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

The 3DS showcase made up for the dissapointing E3 press conference.

[/div]

[/div]

........ it did?

[/div]

It actually met expectations at least.

...Sorta.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

162. Posted:

Well, in the eyes of all of my Xbox Gamer friends, Nintendo's conference was much better than MS and Sony's, and that they're really interested in the WiiU.

...Funny how us avid followers of the industry react differently to almost everything, huh?

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

BenAV

163. Posted:

I'd say the 3DS Software Showcase was about on par with the Wii U Conference, as there weren't any surprises.
The Pre-E3 Nintendo Direct was where all the excitement was.
They clearly focused E3 on the games coming out this year, and are saving all future unannounced games for another time.
I'm fine with that, as when I look through the upcoming 3DS and Wii U game, the one thing that comes to mind is how am I ever going to pay for it all?
Save the next wave of games after I get through some of these.
Gonna be a big Nintendo three months off at the end of the year for me.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

PuzzleMaster7

164. Posted:

There was some things I wish was included, but I guess you just have to play the waiting game.
"After all, patience is a virtue."
Descole----Professor Layton and the Last Specter

There is no puzzle without a solution!

3DS Friend Code: 4055-4399-6605 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePuzzleMaster7 | Twitter: PuzzleMaster7

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

165. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

...Funny how us avid followers of the industry react differently to almost everything, huh?

I know, right? It was almost depressing reading peoples' reactions to the conference. Yeah, I would've liked to have seen Animal Crossing and a new Zelda for 3DS, but it didn't happen tonight and Fire Emblem was confirmed to come to North America right after the conference. Talk about great expectations.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

skywake

166. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

Well, in the eyes of all of my Xbox Gamer friends, Nintendo's conference was much better than MS and Sony's, and that they're really interested in the WiiU.

No different here it's just I'm either just as or slightly less excited about the Wii U then I was before E3. Ubisoft won E3, Nintendo was the best out of the big three and the Wii U was the the best piece of hardware. Doesn't mean that Nintendo did well though because the bar was pretty damn low this year.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

167. Posted:

Both Mario 'and' Zelda have been taking center stage as of late. We need a new Punch-Out!!, StarTropics 2 and F-Zero(The Mini game tease in Nintendo Land will totaly tide me over until then. :D ) No more spoiled rotten baby negativity from me, I'm absolutely pumped for the Wii U. I'll be even more thrilled if Ubisoft announces wii remote pointer controls as an alternate control scheme( I promise I'll never say that again haha) for ZombiU, that will totaly make my mondo day bud!

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

skywake

168. Posted:

This news was more exciting than the 3DS software showcase today:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/07/e3-2012-watch-dogs-com...

........ and that's with me thinking that Paper Mario is probably the game I'm most looking forward to playing out of everything shown

AuthorMessage

akabenjy

169. Posted:

The whole thing was a colossal disappointment from a software perspective. I'm fine with the hardware, controller & like the Miiverse but there were no games for me at either conference. Being a long time devoted Nintendo fan I'm very disappointed to say that there is not one game that I would buy for Wii U at launch and no games were shown, for the 3DS, that interest me. They missed the mark with me unfortunately.

akabenjy

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

170. Posted:

skywake wrote:

........ and that's with me thinking that Paper Mario is probably the game I'm most looking forward to playing out of everything shown

I'm surprised how many of those comments are kind towards Nintendo and the Wii U.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

171. Posted:

All this did was reinforce that E3 isn't that important and need to focus on more than videogames.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

172. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

need to focus on more than videogames.

...Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't tht why people got upset with Sony and MS's conferences? Because they didn't show off games?

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

skywake

173. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

skywake wrote:

I'm surprised how many of those comments are kind towards Nintendo and the Wii U.

I'm not. The Wii U is a great system and pretty much all of the complaining about Nintendo at E3 is the lack of 2013 talk. People want to buy the Wii U but they want to know what we can expect beyond the launch window.

Currently we have no idea and it could potentially be very depressing. I hope it isn't and I expect it won't be but.... we don't have anything concrete to say otherwise.

AuthorMessage

skywake

174. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

...Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't tht why people got upset with Sony and MS's conferences? Because they didn't show off games?

Yes but in particular new "gamer" games

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

175. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

[/div]

Yeah but were getting two a point where the big 3 could honestly drop E3 and keep it going. I mean look at 3 things

1) E3 stands for Electronic Entertainment and that falls under a lot of a lot of stuff

2) Look at comic con while comics are still big the news from you here the most is non comic related.

I'm not expecting the Durango or Orbits to be announced at E3. I'm expecting them to be shown before than at E3

E3 is a trade show first and foremost and is aimed at 3 people. Shareholders,The Press, and then us. I mean look at this E3 a lot of the headlines for nintendo are ones of being bad, while a lot of other headlines are praising the non gaming stuff.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

skywake

176. Posted:

@Sony_70
It's interesting to watch the non-gaming media cover E3. Pretty much every time I've seen them cover E3 this year it's been "No controller! A dance game! Woah, it can be a TV remote.... oh and there's some shooting game thing for the kids". The gaming press and the gamers are looking for some new big game to steal the show. So this year if you're wandering around the gaming internets it's all about Ubisoft and the Wii U.

This was a great show for the people who won't ever be convinced to line up to get the Wii U at launch......... and not in the "zomg Wii Sports" sort of way because the non-gaming media seemed to be pretty much exclusively covering Smart Glass and Usher.....

Edited on by skywake

AuthorMessage

skywake

177. Posted:

Thinking about it, I don't think there's really anything for the Wii U to capture the "casual" audience either. Nintendo Land is going to look like a game for the Kids rather than a game for the 40-70 crowd they won over with Wii Sports. Wii Fit U is kinda that sort of thing but I don't think there's enough there that you couldn't already do on the Wii.

So it didn't impress gamers but it didn't really impress the "casual" gamer either. As much as I'm personally kinda happy they didn't do Wii Sports I think they missed an opportunity there.

AuthorMessage

mamp

178. Posted:

Well they said expect new surprises and new announcements at the 3DS conference I didn't see anything new so yeah it was a let down for me.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage

Bankai

179. Posted:

Nintendo's conferences (both of them) did very little for me. I know most everything announced already. The social network bit was neat.

I like the non-gaming stuff. But then I like to be entertained. I don't care where that entertainment comes from, but I do like having options for entertainment sitting there on my console.

That AR stuff with Wonderbook especially excited me. Not so much for that product itself, but rather for future directions it can develop.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Chris720

180. Posted:

Being in the know kinda sucked this year, we knew what was coming out before they even announced it at E3. The 3DS Showcase didn't do much for me, it was just gameplay footage of games we already know about and the Wii Showcase was just awful anyway...

This E3 has been kind of disappointing.

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720