Forums

Topic: Anyone else a little....deflated?

Posts 161 to 180 of 372

akabenjy

The whole thing was a colossal disappointment from a software perspective. I'm fine with the hardware, controller & like the Miiverse but there were no games for me at either conference. Being a long time devoted Nintendo fan I'm very disappointed to say that there is not one game that I would buy for Wii U at launch and no games were shown, for the 3DS, that interest me. They missed the mark with me unfortunately.

akabenjy

Retro_on_theGo

skywake wrote:

This news was more exciting than the 3DS software showcase today:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/07/e3-2012-watch-dogs-com...

........ and that's with me thinking that Paper Mario is probably the game I'm most looking forward to playing out of everything shown

I'm surprised how many of those comments are kind towards Nintendo and the Wii U.

shingi_70

All this did was reinforce that E3 isn't that important and need to focus on more than videogames.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

TysonOfTime

Sony_70 wrote:

need to focus on more than videogames.

...Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't tht why people got upset with Sony and MS's conferences? Because they didn't show off games?

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

skywake

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

skywake wrote:

This news was more exciting than the 3DS software showcase today:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/07/e3-2012-watch-dogs-com...

........ and that's with me thinking that Paper Mario is probably the game I'm most looking forward to playing out of everything shown

I'm surprised how many of those comments are kind towards Nintendo and the Wii U.

I'm not. The Wii U is a great system and pretty much all of the complaining about Nintendo at E3 is the lack of 2013 talk. People want to buy the Wii U but they want to know what we can expect beyond the launch window.

Currently we have no idea and it could potentially be very depressing. I hope it isn't and I expect it won't be but.... we don't have anything concrete to say otherwise.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

skywake

TysonQ7 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

...Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't tht why people got upset with Sony and MS's conferences? Because they didn't show off games?

Yes but in particular new "gamer" games

shingi_70

TysonQ7 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

[/div]

Yeah but were getting two a point where the big 3 could honestly drop E3 and keep it going. I mean look at 3 things

1) E3 stands for Electronic Entertainment and that falls under a lot of a lot of stuff

2) Look at comic con while comics are still big the news from you here the most is non comic related.

I'm not expecting the Durango or Orbits to be announced at E3. I'm expecting them to be shown before than at E3

E3 is a trade show first and foremost and is aimed at 3 people. Shareholders,The Press, and then us. I mean look at this E3 a lot of the headlines for nintendo are ones of being bad, while a lot of other headlines are praising the non gaming stuff.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

skywake

@Sony_70
It's interesting to watch the non-gaming media cover E3. Pretty much every time I've seen them cover E3 this year it's been "No controller! A dance game! Woah, it can be a TV remote.... oh and there's some shooting game thing for the kids". The gaming press and the gamers are looking for some new big game to steal the show. So this year if you're wandering around the gaming internets it's all about Ubisoft and the Wii U.

This was a great show for the people who won't ever be convinced to line up to get the Wii U at launch......... and not in the "zomg Wii Sports" sort of way because the non-gaming media seemed to be pretty much exclusively covering Smart Glass and Usher.....

Edited on by skywake

skywake

Thinking about it, I don't think there's really anything for the Wii U to capture the "casual" audience either. Nintendo Land is going to look like a game for the Kids rather than a game for the 40-70 crowd they won over with Wii Sports. Wii Fit U is kinda that sort of thing but I don't think there's enough there that you couldn't already do on the Wii.

So it didn't impress gamers but it didn't really impress the "casual" gamer either. As much as I'm personally kinda happy they didn't do Wii Sports I think they missed an opportunity there.

mamp

Well they said expect new surprises and new announcements at the 3DS conference I didn't see anything new so yeah it was a let down for me.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

Bankai

Nintendo's conferences (both of them) did very little for me. I know most everything announced already. The social network bit was neat.

I like the non-gaming stuff. But then I like to be entertained. I don't care where that entertainment comes from, but I do like having options for entertainment sitting there on my console.

That AR stuff with Wonderbook especially excited me. Not so much for that product itself, but rather for future directions it can develop.

Chris720

Being in the know kinda sucked this year, we knew what was coming out before they even announced it at E3. The 3DS Showcase didn't do much for me, it was just gameplay footage of games we already know about and the Wii Showcase was just awful anyway...

This E3 has been kind of disappointing.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Snagrio

Demonic wrote:

Being in the know kinda sucked this year, we knew what was coming out before they even announced it at E3. The 3DS Showcase didn't do much for me, it was just gameplay footage of games we already know about and the Wii Showcase was just awful anyway...

This E3 has been kind of disappointing.

That has to be the biggest problem I had for Nintendo's E3 this year. There was no surprises, we already knew all that was coming. I was really hoping they would come out with a new game (either sequel or new IP) that we weren't expecting. I guess it just wasn't Nintendo's year this time...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

kyuubikid213

To everyone saying "We already knew that...," Nintendo knows this. E3 was meant to send these messages out to the world. Not everyone is constantly roaming the forums or Nintendo fan-sites looking at the latest information. At least they didn't do the Sunday Nintendo Direct all over again. And even so, we really only heard what titles were coming to Wii U/3DS. We didn't have any information beyond that. We didn't know that NSBM2 was going to be all about the Coins. We didn't know about Luigi's special flashlight. We didn't know about Nintendo Land, Mass Effect 3, Trine 2, or even LEGO City Undercover's story concept. WE KNEW TITLES.

What Nintendo did at E3 with their limited time was try to give us as much information as possible on the upcoming games and hardware.

But no. All you guys give a crud about is a new Zelda or a crossover that doesn't exist.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Snagrio

kyuubikid213 wrote:

To everyone saying "We already knew that...," Nintendo knows this. E3 was meant to send these messages out to the world. Not everyone is constantly roaming the forums or Nintendo fan-sites looking at the latest information. At least they didn't do the Sunday Nintendo Direct all over again. And even so, we really only heard what titles were coming to Wii U/3DS. We didn't have any information beyond that. We didn't know that NSBM2 was going to be all about the Coins. We didn't know about Luigi's special flashlight. We didn't know about Nintendo Land, Mass Effect 3, Trine 2, or even LEGO City Undercover's story concept. WE KNEW TITLES.

What Nintendo did at E3 with their limited time was try to give us as much information as possible on the upcoming games and hardware.

But no. All you guys give a crud about is a new Zelda or a crossover that doesn't exist.

[/div] You do have a big point there. Well put I must say!

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

shingi_70

But everything points to it failing with Cnn thinking the wii u Warsaw wii add on and most mainstream media not getting it.

WAT!

kkslider5552000

Sony_70 wrote:

But everything points to it failing with Cnn thinking the wii u Warsaw wii add on and most mainstream media not getting it.

again, both a valid point and lolmainstreammedia shakes head

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ryno

@kyuubikid213: Who is going to actually going to drop the cash to buy the Wii U at first? Us, the people "that already knew it" and peruse video game forums and sites all the time or the people throughout the world that cannot even figure out that the Wii U is a new console instead of Wii accessory? Nintendo Land, dancing, half-ass fitness, and singing games are not going to push a new system and not going to push mom and pop casual to rush out and drop $300 plus on a new system.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Ryno

Mickeymac wrote:

Ryno wrote:

@kyuubikid213: Who is going to actually going to drop the cash to buy the Wii U at first?

The tech heads who just game on the PC (if at all) but must own every piece of technology ever released?

Exactly, along with non PC gamer early adopters, the super duper Nintendo fans, and us 20-40 somethings living in nostalgia Nintendoland. I just think overall Nintendo missed a really big opportunity to impress this "must have it now" crowd.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.