Golden Sun
Breath of Fire (GBA)
Sidewinder
Sidewinder USA
Final Fantasy Origins
Wild Arms
Macross Digital Mission VF-X
Recipro Heat 5000
Shining Force Resurrection of the Dark Dragon (GBA)
Mother 1+2 (GBA -Yes I know its certainly a ROM).

Whilst £15 for the Mother 1+2, it goes nicely with the Mother 3 ROM cartridge I got.

However, I got it from this place with loads of loose GBA games that were too good to be true. Loads of Fire Emblems and Final Fantasies and Tales of Phantasia all at like £8-£10. Even had Ninja Cop for only £20. In the end though, did some research and concluded the vast majority were fake, the font used for "Gameboy Advance" above the level didn't seem right. In fact, even though the font is right, I think the copy of Final Fantasy I & II Dawn of Souls I bought from him is also fake. Label looks a bit off and the indented print number is "00". Hope to take it back tomorrow.

Also, learning from this discovered 3 other carts in my collection are fake, thankfully nothing rare or expensive.

FX102A

CanisWolfred

I was recently reminded that an import game I own for Saturn, named Linkle Liver Story, was a spiritual sequel to a game on the Genesis called Crusader of Centy. Unfortunately, the carts go for way too much ($200-$500+ on Amazon & eBay), but I stumbled upon a repro cart on sale for $35, so I figured I'd snag that, especially since then I knew it'd have a working battery. It's already arrived in the mail, and I put a good 2-3 hours into it, it's been well worth it so far.

While I was looking for it, though, I discovered that repros of official releases are apparently faux pas in the retro games scene, though mostly because they'd make official releases less rare, and therefore less valuable, plus ROMs usually fill that void already for most people. So I really lucked out just being able to get it!

I also have a repro of Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water (fan-translated into English) for the Genesis on the way, too. That was more of an impulse buy, since I'm a huge fan of both the series its based on, and the titular character (My third favorite female character, in fact, after Felicia from Darkstalkers and Ruri Hoshino from Martian Successor Nadesico).

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

KingMike

This is perhaps a borderline post.
In the case of Nadia, hope you have an American-region console. Otherwise you're probably getting Japanese text with a slightly "broken" password system.
I tried to make the translation (note I did make it to condone repros) a "dual-language" thing, and since the patch was MEANT to be played with an emulator (where region coding isn't a big issue) it was coded as a whole lot of "if console = US then do English stuff" mods.

KingMike

CanisWolfred

@KingMike I got a Retro 5, so it should be fine, seeing as that basically runs on an emulator. And that's right, I saw on Romhacking.net that you had worked on it! This'll be extra interesting, then.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ogo79

and i see alcahest has an english password system now...i think that version is available on repro cart now.
i have the version which does not utilize a password system...i believe @KingMike did this

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

the_shpydar

Too lazy for pics today, but in addition to another CIB copy of ET (because of course ), i recently received my copy of Pat's Ultimate Guide to the NES Library. The book is honestly amazing. Exceptional quality (heavy pages, rich color, etc) and great write ups/reviews. It's a little pricey, but highly recommended for NES fans.

Also, it weighs a ton, so you could easily also use it for home defense, as if you hit anybody in the head with it they will be immediately put into a coma.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

@the_shpydar So in other words if someone breaks to to steal your ET collection you now have a way to fend them off.

Serious though it's good to hear how good of a quality the book is. Me thinks I might have to snag a copy when I go to Portland in a few weeks.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

the_shpydar

@Tasuki
Exactly!

But yeah, the book is very good. If Pat has any for sale at the PRGE (i think he said he will), definitely pick it up, you won't regret it.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

@the_shpydar Yeah he said he would I just have to get one before they are sold out like what happen at his last con!! His book is definitely going to be a purchase for me at PRGE. Also thinking of possibly grabbing a repro cart of that modded Simon's Quest.

My Backlog

ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

Too lazy for pics today

thank god, i thought you were gonna post those pics my mother sent you. i dont have any problem with her sending you pics but @bezerker99 may...

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

TheIronBot

Fan Expo is about a month away in my area. Ill report what i get when the time comes!

TheIronBot

Megal0maniac

Waiting for Pat's book to be released overseas.. 65$ shipping is a bit much imo.

Megal0maniac

Tasuki

So just a small sample and pardon the crudeness of the picture of what I picked up at tell PRGE. Keep in mind tonight was the first night so I am sure I am going to snag more goodies but this is one have been looking for awhile now and I managed to get it for $5.

Untitled

My Backlog

ogo79

Tasuki wrote:

@the_shpydar Got my copy of a certain NES guide book at PRGE signed too!! I will agree with ya it's definitely worth the $60

you should let me sign it this way it can totally decrease in value

the_shpydar wrote:

Tasuki

So first of sorry no pictures as I am just too tired to worry about them now but here is my final loot count from PRGE.

Shenmue II -$5
Ultimate Guide to the NES Library signed by Pat Contri and Ian - $60
Paperboy Genesis - $5
Double Dragon Genesis - $15
Mega Man X Collection PS2 - $10
Retro AVS game system - $160

Meeting and getting a picture with James Rolfe - priceless

My Backlog

Fiyaball

Got a copy of Legends 2 for $56 from my local gaming store; now I own a game from every Mega Man series!

Fiyaball

Freek

Just bought CIB N64 game #141, Quake for the N64, CIB in excellent condition and a replacement box for my copy of Tony Hawk Skateboarding.
My copy's box was in bad shape and was really only a placeholder.
Also bought a replacement manual for Biofreaks, like new, mine was tattered and creased.

Edited on by Freek

Freek

Nintendo Network ID: Freek001

ogo79

just ordered this sweet mother 3 poster from fangamer fresh off the press.
just another mother series thing to add to the royal shrine Untitled
Untitled
https://www.fangamer.com/products/nowhere-planet-1

the_shpydar wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic