Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 4,041 to 4,060 of 4,842

Grandpa_Pixel

^- Awesome! I plan on picking up Conker's next year. I split my wants into lists to better prioritize which ones to get.

This month, I am picking up Super Mario World (), Super Mario All Stars (), Final Fantasy IV JP, Final Fantasy V JP, Final Fantasy VI JP, Super Punch Out, Link's Awakening DX (), Oracle of Ages ()

(* - While I already have them, their condition has seen better days so it's time to replace!)

Grandpa_Pixel

KingMike

Not so retro, but I ordered Hexyz Force for the PSP.

I thought this RPG used to go for over MSRP in used condition but I see several new copies listed on amazon for just over original price.
Did it get a reprint or something (I know Atlus would sometimes do that, but PSP is pretty dead now)?

Probably shouldn't have to worry about it not being real, since I haven't yet heard of anyone making fake UMDs.

KingMike

CanisWolfred

@KingMike No, I think the just went down because it's not a very good (or even memorably bad) game, and therefore faded from the public's conciousness. I'm pretty sure Crimson Tears for the PS2 went down in price for similar reasons while (new) copies of ONI still go for a hefty sum. Oni is far more plentiful, and a way worse game, but it's so bad, you kind of have to see it to believe it, not to mention the dev, Bungie, has never made anything even remotely like it since.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

KingMike

At last found a Legend of Heroes II PSP case/manual set to complete my copy.
I'm guessing that was the "rarest" incomplete game I own.

Two incomplete games left on PSP: one that's nearly worthless (and if I was desperate could buy new), and one needing just a cover.

KingMike

Grandpa_Pixel

Got an absolute classic in the post today! After confirming it as a legit copy, I can now place it proudly in my collection ^_^

Untitled

Edited on by Grandpa_Pixel

Grandpa_Pixel

Tasuki

So went down to the flea market today and managed to get this for $5

Untitled

Also saw a Super Famicom there but I was a second two late as someone else got it before me. Kinda ticked about that, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ogo79

Tasuki wrote:

Also saw a Super Famicom there but I was a second two late as someone else got it before me. Kinda ticked about that, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

not to rub it in but im sorry for yer loss...
resort to violence next time.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

CanisWolfred

Had a bit of a Mecha themed day at the mall yesterday (looked at a ton of Gundam models at 4 different stores, then bought a DVD set for Gundam X at FYE), and part of that led to me finding Gungriffon for the Sega Saturn. You know, I've looked at Gungriffon Blaze and Allied Strike so many times when I was a kid, but I always thought they were rail shooters, like Omega Factor for the PSOne was...but it's not, it's a legit, console-exclusive Mech Sim, similar to MechWarrior 2.

So I picked that up, and it is amazing. The story's simple, as are the graphics, but it plays really well despite only utilizing a standard Saturn controller. You're free to move around the environment, though the first non-training level was pretty straight-forward. It has 8 levels, and only 1 mech, but what it does, it does well. It kinda feels more like a toned-down, 3D Laynos. Now I gotta check out Gungriffon Blaze the next time I get a chance (I know they have some copies at another mall).

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Fiyaball

Decided to finally get the first Wario Land, now I own every Wario Land game.

Fiyaball

ogo79

Untitled
more handsomeness

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Tasuki

@ogo79 Let me guess the only thing sexier then a bald man is a bald man wearing that....

and nothing but that.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ogo79

@Tasuki
welp...yes and no. im torn however. i feel the need to cut out the top of the hat so my baldness can show
or shine, depending on the weather and tilt of the sun.

the_shpydar wrote:

Fiyaball

I got Battletoads (NES) at my local game store for $25, it was in amazing condition too.
Also just bought a copy of Chibi Robo for $70 on ebay.

Fiyaball

KingMike

@ogo79 I saw someone posted an image of a Nintendo Power magazine with a VB contest and...
how about winning a Virtual Boy hat? Would someone wearing that be sexy or just insane?

As to my retro purchases... not much.
Captain Planet for the NES for my bad games collection, and this one is shaping up nicely in the first level: one thing missing from other shooters: a ship with a turning radius. Backwards Start and Select functions. Boss you can't avoid slamming into if you don't shoot it down fast.
Just after I made my last post, got a Legend of Heroes II PSP case and manual as one of those I needed.
And a Gen II Pokemon pair (Gold+Crystal I think is enough to catch them all?). Now watch as they get announced for VC.

KingMike

ogo79

@KingMike
virtual boy hat?
hahaha no no no!

the_shpydar wrote:

Grandpa_Pixel

I bought Pikmin 2 and Terranigma off of ebay. Now I must wait for them patiently and hope for the best

EDIT: Oh I did finish my Game Boy, Game Boy Color and SNES basic collections this month. By year's end N64 will be too

Purchases this month: Terranigma, Pikmin 2, Super Mario World, Super Mario All Stars, Link's Awakening DX, Oracle of Ages, Final Fantasy IV-VI (JAP), Super Punch Out and Kirby Mass Attack

Edited on by Grandpa_Pixel

Grandpa_Pixel

KingMike

I don't know if it was a good price or not but for the PS1 I bought Arc the Lad III CD 2 only for $25.

Basically just to go along with the case and the rest of the discs in the AtL Collection I got at Game Crazy a decade ago for about $3.
So I'm sure that totals out to not a bad price for a fully playable copy.

And Vagrant Story CIB, I think the last of the Square PS1 games I was missing (probably won't be getting Valkyrie Profile for what it goes for now).

KingMike

Joeynator3000

I didn't really buy it, but I got Wario Land 3 via My Nintendo. Making me think back when I got the GBC as my first handheld...-w-

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Grandpa_Pixel

I got in the mail Terranigma yesterday evening. Got to say it is one impressive game!

Grandpa_Pixel

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic