Forums

Topic: 16-Bit Consoles Discussion

Posts 121 to 140 of 171

Electricmastro

Haha, I just knew someone uploaded this.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Mieu-Fire

@0LD_SK0OL_PUNK so i love sonic sonic on genesis genesis wins also genesis has way more better games(in my opinion)

MANGO

KAHN

@Reala lets not forget that the genesis needed add-ons to expand it's life, but all the SNES needed was an FX chip. with SNES, you didnt need to waste so much money on an ad-on.
@mieu-fire list 15 "good" games. my, i can name 15 SNES games off the top of my head.
1. super starwars (hope, empire, and jedi make up 3 so far)
4. super mario world
5. super mario kart
6. starfox
7. super metroid
8. super dk country
9. super castlevania
10. LINK TO THE PAST
11. sim city
12. megaman X
13. DOOM
14. super mario RPG
15. Chrono trigger
and the list of good SNES games goes on to 185 but you get the point

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

Mieu-Fire

i can always do the same
1.sonic(series)
2.vectorman(series)
3.street of rage(series)
4.ristar
5.splatterhouse(series)
6.castle of illsusions
7.shinobi(series)
8.gaiares
9.strider
10.golden axe(series)
11.wonder boy(series)
12.street fighter 2
13.phantasy star(series)
14.gouls n ghost
15.thunder force 2
list goes on and on and on and on and on genesis is to good for the snes

MANGO

KAHN

@mieu-fire
alright, what about those crappy add ons?
Untitled
let's not forget all the cords that the add-ons needed! cant forget those!
Untitled
im sure you had a lot of fun playing sonic when your genesis looks like this. SNES had FX chips, so it didnt need all that crap to have better graphics. and besides, have you seen the AGVN reviews for the sega add ons? and did i mention: sega is making games on nintendo consoles (im pretty sure i mentioned that before, but im too lazy to check).

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

Mieu-Fire

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

@mieu-fire
alright, what about those crappy add ons?
Untitled
let's not forget all the cords that the add-ons needed! cant forget those!
Untitled
im sure you had a lot of fun playing sonic when your genesis looks like this. SNES had FX chips, so it didnt need all that crap to have better graphics. and besides, have you seen the AGVN reviews for the sega add ons? and did i mention: sega is making games on nintendo consoles (im pretty sure i mentioned that before, but im too lazy to check).

amazing even with out add ons genesis beats the snes

MANGO

KAHN

i never really liked the sonic games. i dont understand how anyone can either. sure the running around is really fun, but when im running as fast as i can, i run into a rock i couldnt see, because i was having too much fun. so if you say that sonic is fun, your argument is invalid. in fact, a lot of the old sonic games on the genesis had maps that looked more like platforming levels than running levels. and as we all know, platforming with sonic is a joke.

KAHN

Electricmastro

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

i never really liked the sonic games. i dont understand how anyone can either. sure the running around is really fun, but when im running as fast as i can, i run into a rock i couldnt see, because i was having too much fun. so if you say that sonic is fun, your argument is invalid. in fact, a lot of the old sonic games on the genesis had maps that looked more like platforming levels than running levels. and as we all know, platforming with sonic is a joke.

But you have to admit, it would be redundant if the Sonic games were JUST about running around. I feel as if the level design wouldn't have as much structure if it was.

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

Reala

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

@Reala lets not forget that the genesis needed add-ons to expand it's life, but all the SNES needed was an FX chip. with SNES, you didnt need to waste so much money on an ad-on.

Sega had an equivalent to the FX chip for megadrive called the virtua processor so no it didn't need add ons for 3D.

Reala

Mieu-Fire

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

sonic is better then mario also mario is a joke to platformer now i dont even want to buy any new mario games till they get creative

MANGO

KAHN

mieu-fire wrote:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

sonic is better then mario also mario is a joke to platformer now i dont even want to buy any new mario games till they get creative

you are only speaking the half truth. all the new mario crap, i will agree with you on, but since this is a 16-bit discussion it is irrelevant. 0LD SK0OL mario, that's a whole different story, bro! the old mario games were all special. each one was unique, and each mario game was a different game. you might argue,"all mario games are the same", but again, only half right. all the new mario crap is the same. tell me how the original SMB, SMB2, SMB3, SMW, SMW2 (yoshi's island), Super Mario RPG, and SuperMarioKart were all the same!

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

Happy_Mask

@0LD_SK0OL You forgot super Mario bros 2. And super Mario RPG.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

frenchy4798

SNES had EarthBound... Need I say more?

I haven't lived as long as adults have
I have nothing but my bike and red hat
A smile a laugh
and you in my heart
As well as my baseball bat.

Greetings cheese Popsicle!
the number you have dialed is currently out of pork chops!

KAHN

@Happy_Mask
thanks! i added to the list. so many innovative games, i actually forgot some!

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

Happy_Mask

@0LD_SK0OL and don't forget lost leve- on second thought, never mind.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

NeoShinobi

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

What is this I don't even

.... or something like that.

Electricmastro

frenchy4798 wrote:

SNES had EarthBound... Need I say more?

First impressions like this one maybe?

Sonicmon

sonic CD every 16-bit ever created

Edited on by Sonicmon

sonic fan for ever and i love sega best system ever the genesis
best game ever SONIC CD!!!!
playing:anything i feel like right now >:3
i was MR-SEGA

alibis136

Well being one of the newest guys on the site, id like to give my best and honest review on the topic. Lemme say, I owned the Genesis first, received it in 1991 for Christmas. I played it nonstop right up until the release of the playstation in 1995. I never owned or had sufficient time to play a Super Nintendo until recently...about a month ago when I bought one. So until now It didnt make sense, nor was it fair me to really voice my opinion.

Sega Genesis, I love this system. Aesthetically it was far superior, it had a badass look to it. And over time we can see that it didnt have that problem of yellowing. I loved sports, racing and fighting games back then, and I feel Genesis had a great library of them. Just to name a few of my favorites, Road Rash 2, Streets of Rage 2, Coach K College Basketball. Other then Disney's Aladdin these are the games that I remember and played the most. They had memorable music that would stick in your head for years, trust me they are still embedded. The graphics for the time were appealing, definately a nice progression from the original Nes that I had stepped up from. Overall I feel owining a Genesis I feel it was time and money worth spent, I never felt let down by that console, well until the 32x came out but thats a different story all together and not relevant to my review.

Super Nintendo, having recently just bought this system I can say I wish I hadnt waited nearly 20 years to do so. Some of the things I right away can say I like about it is the controllers. More buttons, a little easier handle and well more buttons it makes it much easier to actually play the games. I also like the almost syphonic soundtracks that the system has. Different from the genesis' techno rock style, but not necessarily better, I can appreciate both. The graphics I would have to say are better, maybe not by heaps and bounds but the graphics are smooth, especially when it comes to 3d effects. This is where Snes wins hands down thanks to the fx (mario chip). I also have found that I love alot of the games on the system, some examples being, Aladdin, Castlevania Dracula X "love it", Tmnt turtles in time among others. And best perk, is that it looks great sitting next to my Nes 101 toploader.

Overall I feel pretty neutral , I know being a kid back in the day, I had a fanboy blatant bias to the sega. But that was to be expected, trying to move on, maybe almost grow up to the 16bit genere with my sega. I feel in a way the 80s are making a return, and I feel that it was the best time for me to have a second chance not making the same mistake twice. In short I feel that experince all the games you can, and snagging your favorites are whats most important.

Rip C W.B 1974-2009,My brother and my best friend.
"I will keep retroing gaming alive, with you in my heart"

Electricmastro

@alibis136 - Wow man, that was deep.

Welcome by the way!

Edited on by Electricmastro

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.