Forums

Topic: 16-Bit Consoles Discussion

Posts 121 to 140 of 182

cherrysunburst

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

why would you play a sports game when you could just go out and play that sport? that's why i dont play sports games, and also why i dont have a genesis

Sweat. Pain. Filth.
Not gonna do sports that require HEAVY physical activity (unless it's cyclin or a running-up-the-stairs race) until my metabolism gets significantly slower. I don't need that muscle anyway but I may need the +Max HP and +Vit

"What are you gonna do, type angrily at me?"

former usernames because i'm fickle: sushifreAk, Cyb3Rnite, Justice, AnActualDash, cath3Rine, rayneee
Don't be friends with me if you don't like being attacked by ironic dank memes.

Nintendo Network ID: Cyb3Rnite

Sonicmon

sega>nintendo
sega genesis had the cd which had the best game of all time you ready
SONIC CD!!!!!!!!!!!

sonic fan for ever and i love sega best system ever the genesis
best game ever SONIC CD!!!!
playing:anything i feel like right now >:3
i was MR-SEGA

Chuie

^ i agree sonic cd was amazing but not the best gmae of all time nore was it the best sonic game but thats just in my opinion
but i 100% agree that genesis was better then the snes

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube: ProtoChuie
i was mieu-fire

KAHN

MR-SEGA wrote:

sega>nintendo
sega genesis had the cd which had the best game of all time you ready
SONIC CD!!!!!!!!!!!

i disagree. SuperNES didnt even need all the crap the Genesis needed. SNES had the FX chip! with genesis, you needed to buy all these crappy add-ons. one game cannot make a whole console good if it's clouded by all the crap around it. i think AGVN said it best when he said that the Genesis was thriving on it's add-ons, and that they made it look like it was on life-support. and are you forgetting that SEGA is making games on NINTENDO consoles? that should be proof enough that the genesis wasnt a true winner.
side note: OoT is the best game ever, having received the best reviews ever.

KAHN

Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

Happy_Mask

Genesis never had super Mario rpg, therefore, it is worse.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Chuie

@0LD_SK0OL_PUNK sega will always be a winner in my mind

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube: ProtoChuie
i was mieu-fire

JohnPhilipSousa

Myself (unfortunately) not being born yet, I am not blinded by nostalgia. I can say that SEGA had the better first party games. As for third party, Nintendo won there.

JohnPhilipSousa

Nintendo Network ID: JohnPhilipSousa

Chuie

@LordSEGA95 no sega still won

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube: ProtoChuie
i was mieu-fire

KAHN

@meiu-fire
yes, but you cant ignore the fact that SNES is better on a technical scale. you CANT. it's impossible. not unless you want to start some "blast processing" madness.

______________GENESIS | SNES

_________SPEED: 7.6 MHz | 3.6 MHz

___________COLORS: 512 | 32,768

SIMULTANEOUS COLORS: 64 | 256

__RESOLUTION: 320 * 224 | 512 * 448

____________SPRITES: 80 | 128

____________SIZE: 32 * 63 | 64 * 64

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

Reala

Add the add ons into the mix and and megadrive CD 32X comes out on top technically, so sega wins power ranger combine style!!!

Reala

Chuie

@0LD_SK0OL_PUNK so i love sonic sonic on genesis genesis wins also genesis has way more better games(in my opinion)

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube: ProtoChuie
i was mieu-fire

KAHN

@Reala lets not forget that the genesis needed add-ons to expand it's life, but all the SNES needed was an FX chip. with SNES, you didnt need to waste so much money on an ad-on.
@mieu-fire list 15 "good" games. my, i can name 15 SNES games off the top of my head.
1. super starwars (hope, empire, and jedi make up 3 so far)
4. super mario world
5. super mario kart
6. starfox
7. super metroid
8. super dk country
9. super castlevania
10. LINK TO THE PAST
11. sim city
12. megaman X
13. DOOM
14. super mario RPG
15. Chrono trigger
and the list of good SNES games goes on to 185 but you get the point

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

Chuie

i can always do the same
1.sonic(series)
2.vectorman(series)
3.street of rage(series)
4.ristar
5.splatterhouse(series)
6.castle of illsusions
7.shinobi(series)
8.gaiares
9.strider
10.golden axe(series)
11.wonder boy(series)
12.street fighter 2
13.phantasy star(series)
14.gouls n ghost
15.thunder force 2
list goes on and on and on and on and on genesis is to good for the snes

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube: ProtoChuie
i was mieu-fire

KAHN

@mieu-fire
alright, what about those crappy add ons?
Untitled
let's not forget all the cords that the add-ons needed! cant forget those!
Untitled
im sure you had a lot of fun playing sonic when your genesis looks like this. SNES had FX chips, so it didnt need all that crap to have better graphics. and besides, have you seen the AGVN reviews for the sega add ons? and did i mention: sega is making games on nintendo consoles (im pretty sure i mentioned that before, but im too lazy to check).

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

Chuie

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

@mieu-fire
alright, what about those crappy add ons?
Untitled
let's not forget all the cords that the add-ons needed! cant forget those!
Untitled
im sure you had a lot of fun playing sonic when your genesis looks like this. SNES had FX chips, so it didnt need all that crap to have better graphics. and besides, have you seen the AGVN reviews for the sega add ons? and did i mention: sega is making games on nintendo consoles (im pretty sure i mentioned that before, but im too lazy to check).

amazing even with out add ons genesis beats the snes

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube: ProtoChuie
i was mieu-fire

KAHN

i never really liked the sonic games. i dont understand how anyone can either. sure the running around is really fun, but when im running as fast as i can, i run into a rock i couldnt see, because i was having too much fun. so if you say that sonic is fun, your argument is invalid. in fact, a lot of the old sonic games on the genesis had maps that looked more like platforming levels than running levels. and as we all know, platforming with sonic is a joke.

KAHN

Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

Electricmastro

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

i never really liked the sonic games. i dont understand how anyone can either. sure the running around is really fun, but when im running as fast as i can, i run into a rock i couldnt see, because i was having too much fun. so if you say that sonic is fun, your argument is invalid. in fact, a lot of the old sonic games on the genesis had maps that looked more like platforming levels than running levels. and as we all know, platforming with sonic is a joke.

But you have to admit, it would be redundant if the Sonic games were JUST about running around. I feel as if the level design wouldn't have as much structure if it was.

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

WaveBoy

I couldn't stand the sonic games either. Sloppy platforming combined with "OMGZ, look at how fast he's blazing across the screen while flinging from springs and running through Loopdeeloops!" It's almost like the equivelant of watching someone on a roller coaster ride.

Sonic 1 & 2 look, feel and play completely second rate in comparsion to Super Mario World. But at least the Genesis had Moon Walker. "who's bad!"

And the Genesis 3 button controller, which i was holding a couple of hours ago feels pretty awful imo. The NES controller trumps it and the same goes for the SNES controller. The 3 buttons plus the D pad just feel...well, not as tactical and comfortable.

Currently Playing: Donkey kong Country! - Virtual Console!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!
Nintendo Network ID: WaveBoy777

Reala

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

@Reala lets not forget that the genesis needed add-ons to expand it's life, but all the SNES needed was an FX chip. with SNES, you didnt need to waste so much money on an ad-on.

Sega had an equivalent to the FX chip for megadrive called the virtua processor so no it didn't need add ons for 3D.

Reala

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic