Forums

Topic: 16-Bit Consoles Discussion

Posts 161 to 171 of 171

Happy_Mask

What? Modern sonic games make me depressed to be a sonic fan. Anything after adventure 2 was just another part of the sonic cycle.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

LyIa

Actually, I was talking about 1/3 of Unleashed and 1/2 of Generations, but yeah.

all men are kings 👑

KAHN

i've been playing this only on super mariokart on SNES. it's actually surprisingly fun.

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

Electricmastro

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

i've been playing this only on super mariokart on SNES. it's actually surprisingly fun.

HAHA!

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

RancidVomit86

sushifreAk wrote:

mieu-fire wrote:

sonic is better then mario also mario is a joke to platformer now i dont even want to buy any new mario games till they get creative

You have NO idea how stupid that statement is.
Actually, compared to Sonic, Mario is pretty creative. Don't take this the wrong way, I LOVE the Sonic games, but the stage designs are always the usual. Sure, blasting through stages at 500mph is better than bopping walking fungi and turtles, but Mario has all those powerups, quirky characters, gimmicks, and epic level design. IMO Modern Sonic games are more fun, but Mario's got creativity.

You have no idea how stupid your statement is. Do you really think you're opinion is any more correct than his? It's all opinions not facts.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Stereoman

@ 0ld_sk0ol_punk
That retro console wars video is awesome !

Have to state that i never owned any 8 , 16 or 32 bit home console. I played casualy SNes at a friends house, but my legacy only began with N64.
I did follow all handheld developements though. Still wanting to play shinobi2 on gamegear. SO either nintey hurrys up and releases it on 3ds or i have to hunt it down for the good old gamegear

On a sidenote is the Pc enigne considered a 16-bit console ? IF yes than i think my most beloved 16 bit title is rondo of blood for now
I guess it was the selling point for the pc enigne ?

Hmm for the genesis i probably would have bought it for shinobi

And for SNes i guess i would have solely gotten it for A link to the past.

As of nowadays, most of those consoles look like abominations. Anyone remembers the television addon for the gamegear ? oO
But for the past as well as for the future what counts are the games. So what about your thoughts about the games and unique selling points for specific hardwares?

cheers

Edited on by Stereoman

MH4 online thread

3DS Friend Code: 1504-7028-1432

Electricmastro

Stereoman wrote:

@ 0ld_sk0ol_punk
That retro console wars video is awesome !

Have to state that i never owned any 8 , 16 or 32 bit home console. I played casualy SNes at a friends house, but my legacy only began with N64.
I did follow all handheld developements though. Still wanting to play shinobi2 on gamegear. SO either nintey hurrys up and releases it on 3ds or i have to hunt it down for the good old gamegear

On a sidenote is the Pc enigne considered a 16-bit console ? IF yes than i think my most beloved 16 bit title is rondo of blood for now
I guess it was the selling point for the pc enigne ?

Hmm for the genesis i probably would have bought it for shinobi

And for SNes i guess i would have solely gotten it for A link to the past.

As of nowadays, most of those consoles look like abominations. Anyone remembers the television addon for the gamegear ? oO
But for the past as well as for the future what counts are the games. So what about your thoughts about the games and unique selling points for specific hardwares?

cheers

I'm not sure if the TurboGrafx-16 was truly 16- bit, it looked like it was ahead of its time with its "cards" and all that jazz.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

MAB

TurboGrafx Power said it was like 12 Atari's duct taped together.

MAB

Electricmastro

MadAussieBloke wrote:

TurboGrafx Power said it was like 12 Atari's duct taped together.

There was a TurboGrafx Power?!

Arminillo

RancidVomit86 wrote:

sushifreAk wrote:

mieu-fire wrote:

sonic is better then mario also mario is a joke to platformer now i dont even want to buy any new mario games till they get creative

You have NO idea how stupid that statement is.
Actually, compared to Sonic, Mario is pretty creative. Don't take this the wrong way, I LOVE the Sonic games, but the stage designs are always the usual. Sure, blasting through stages at 500mph is better than bopping walking fungi and turtles, but Mario has all those powerups, quirky characters, gimmicks, and epic level design. IMO Modern Sonic games are more fun, but Mario's got creativity.

You have no idea how stupid your statement is. Do you really think you're opinion is any more correct than his? It's all opinions not facts.

FACT: Sonic was inspired from speed running in the original Super Mario Bros.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

JGMR

^That screenshot's crazy! (but possible) LOL

As for the 16-bit war, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and was even blinded by it. Though I was a Nintendo-only gamer at that time, I also enjoyed SEGA games like Thunderforce IV, ECCO, The Terminator and Sonic secretly. I think that it was a healthy competition (between Nintendo and SEGA), something which is lacking nowadays.

With kind regards,

JGMR

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.