Retro Forum

Topic: 16-Bit Consoles Discussion

Showing 141 to 160 of 182

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chuie

141. Posted:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

i never really liked the sonic games. i dont understand how anyone can either. sure the running around is really fun, but when im running as fast as i can, i run into a rock i couldnt see, because i was having too much fun. so if you say that sonic is fun, your argument is invalid. in fact, a lot of the old sonic games on the genesis had maps that looked more like platforming levels than running levels. and as we all know, platforming with sonic is a joke.

sonic is better then mario also mario is a joke to platformer now i dont even want to buy any new mario games till they get creative

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KAHN

142. Posted:

mieu-fire wrote:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

i never really liked the sonic games. i dont understand how anyone can either. sure the running around is really fun, but when im running as fast as i can, i run into a rock i couldnt see, because i was having too much fun. so if you say that sonic is fun, your argument is invalid. in fact, a lot of the old sonic games on the genesis had maps that looked more like platforming levels than running levels. and as we all know, platforming with sonic is a joke.

sonic is better then mario also mario is a joke to platformer now i dont even want to buy any new mario games till they get creative

you are only speaking the half truth. all the new mario crap, i will agree with you on, but since this is a 16-bit discussion it is irrelevant. 0LD SK0OL mario, that's a whole different story, bro! the old mario games were all special. each one was unique, and each mario game was a different game. you might argue,"all mario games are the same", but again, only half right. all the new mario crap is the same. tell me how the original SMB, SMB2, SMB3, SMW, SMW2 (yoshi's island), Super Mario RPG, and SuperMarioKart were all the same!

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Happy_Mask

143. Posted:

@0LD_SK0OL You forgot super Mario bros 2. And super Mario RPG. :P

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage
Avatar

frenchy4798

144. Posted:

SNES had EarthBound... Need I say more?

I haven't lived as long as adults have
I have nothing but my bike and red hat
A smile a laugh
and you in my heart
As well as my baseball bat.

Greetings cheese Popsicle!
the number you have dialed is currently out of pork chops!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KAHN

145. Posted:

@Happy_Mask
thanks! i added to the list. so many innovative games, i actually forgot some!

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Happy_Mask

146. Posted:

@0LD_SK0OL and don't forget lost leve- on second thought, never mind. :P

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NeoShinobi

147. Posted:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

i never really liked the sonic games. i dont understand how anyone can either. sure the running around is really fun, but when im running as fast as i can, i run into a rock i couldnt see, because i was having too much fun. so if you say that sonic is fun, your argument is invalid. in fact, a lot of the old sonic games on the genesis had maps that looked more like platforming levels than running levels. and as we all know, platforming with sonic is a joke.

What is this I don't even

.... or something like that.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Electricmastro

148. Posted:

frenchy4798 wrote:

SNES had EarthBound... Need I say more?

First impressions like this one maybe?

Backloggery. Now playing: Rayman 2: The Great Escape, Pac-Man World, SteamWorld Dig, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV) and Ufouria: The Saga.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sonicmon

149. Posted:

sonic CD every 16-bit ever created

Edited on by Sonicmon

sonic fan for ever and i love sega best system ever the genesis
best game ever SONIC CD!!!!
playing:anything i feel like right now >:3
i was MR-SEGA

AuthorMessage
Avatar

alibis136

150. Posted:

Well being one of the newest guys on the site, id like to give my best and honest review on the topic. Lemme say, I owned the Genesis first, received it in 1991 for Christmas. I played it nonstop right up until the release of the playstation in 1995. I never owned or had sufficient time to play a Super Nintendo until recently...about a month ago when I bought one. So until now It didnt make sense, nor was it fair me to really voice my opinion.

Sega Genesis, I love this system. Aesthetically it was far superior, it had a badass look to it. And over time we can see that it didnt have that problem of yellowing. I loved sports, racing and fighting games back then, and I feel Genesis had a great library of them. Just to name a few of my favorites, Road Rash 2, Streets of Rage 2, Coach K College Basketball. Other then Disney's Aladdin these are the games that I remember and played the most. They had memorable music that would stick in your head for years, trust me they are still embedded. The graphics for the time were appealing, definately a nice progression from the original Nes that I had stepped up from. Overall I feel owining a Genesis I feel it was time and money worth spent, I never felt let down by that console, well until the 32x came out but thats a different story all together and not relevant to my review.

Super Nintendo, having recently just bought this system I can say I wish I hadnt waited nearly 20 years to do so. Some of the things I right away can say I like about it is the controllers. More buttons, a little easier handle and well more buttons it makes it much easier to actually play the games. I also like the almost syphonic soundtracks that the system has. Different from the genesis' techno rock style, but not necessarily better, I can appreciate both. The graphics I would have to say are better, maybe not by heaps and bounds but the graphics are smooth, especially when it comes to 3d effects. This is where Snes wins hands down thanks to the fx (mario chip). I also have found that I love alot of the games on the system, some examples being, Aladdin, Castlevania Dracula X "love it", Tmnt turtles in time among others. And best perk, is that it looks great sitting next to my Nes 101 toploader.

Overall I feel pretty neutral , I know being a kid back in the day, I had a fanboy blatant bias to the sega. But that was to be expected, trying to move on, maybe almost grow up to the 16bit genere with my sega. I feel in a way the 80s are making a return, and I feel that it was the best time for me to have a second chance not making the same mistake twice. In short I feel that experince all the games you can, and snagging your favorites are whats most important.

Rip C W.B 1974-2009,My brother and my best friend.
"I will keep retroing gaming alive, with you in my heart"

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Electricmastro

151. Posted:

@alibis136 - Wow man, that was deep.

Welcome by the way! :D

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: Rayman 2: The Great Escape, Pac-Man World, SteamWorld Dig, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV) and Ufouria: The Saga.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KAHN

152. Posted:

well, it isnt fair to compare the two systems without playing both, otherwise it ends up being a bias opinion. i, on the other hand, have both of them in my crawlspace, right next to that one red nintendo console, you know, the really bad one. i can say that i prefer the SNES. genesis has WAY too many sports games. i never liked sports, or sports games for that matter. if i did, i can promise that genesis would be lower on my suck-ability index chart, right below vita.

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sonicmon

153. Posted:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

well, it isnt fair to compare the two systems without playing both, otherwise it ends up being a bias opinion. i, on the other hand, have both of them in my crawlspace, right next to that one red nintendo console, you know, the really bad one. i can say that i prefer the SNES. genesis has WAY too many sports games. i never liked sports, or sports games for that matter. if i did, i can promise that genesis would be lower on my suck-ability index chart, right below vita.

so................... how does that make a system suck sports games dont make a system suck.............................. and how many times on this thread have you posted snes better then genesis you know thats considered spaming or some say trollling

sonic fan for ever and i love sega best system ever the genesis
best game ever SONIC CD!!!!
playing:anything i feel like right now >:3
i was MR-SEGA

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Happy_Mask

154. Posted:

He's being polite and not telling you to like a specific one. -.- chill bro. :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TKOWL

155. Posted:

Why are we even arguing over stuff that was settled over 10 years ago

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KAHN

156. Posted:

Omastar wrote:

Why are we even arguing over stuff that was settled over 10 years ago

because this is the 16-bit consoles discussion thread.

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Happy_Mask

157. Posted:

@Omastar because apparently, Sega still does what nintendont. :P

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sonicmon

158. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

@Omastar because, Sega always does what nintendont. :D

i fixed that for you there :D

sonic fan for ever and i love sega best system ever the genesis
best game ever SONIC CD!!!!
playing:anything i feel like right now >:3
i was MR-SEGA

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TKOWL

159. Posted:

You guys didn't answer my question.

Why are we even arguing over stuff that was settled over 10 years ago

Edited on by TKOWL

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KAHN

160. Posted:

Omastar wrote:

You guys didn't answer my question.

Why are we even arguing over stuff that was settled over 10 years ago

"because the internet is a fun new playground to continue old arguments". and by "settled over 10 years ago", do you mean that the genesis eventually died out while the SNES won the wars?

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12