Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 2,521 to 2,540 of 11,914

NinjaWaddleDee

@DarthNocturnal Thanks everyone for the tips. I'll just have to wait for game reviews to roll in. Another reason why I'm a bit hesitant, is because the NX will be coming out soon too. I just wish Nintendo would show something now.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

CanisWolfred

@DarthNocturnal Oh, I didn't hear about that license thing! Well, it was pretty much the same as Outrun 2006...which I don't think I have either, but that shouldn't be hard to get for the PS2. Also, Deathsmiles in on Steam if I REALLY need it, but I honestly wasn't that big a fan of it that I'd run out & buy it again if my 360 died tomorrow. That said, I technically only need 5 more to become B/C now, which is getting much closer into the safe zone.

Also, I forgot about those Slims. Are they gonna come out at a lower price?

EDIT: No.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Peek-a-boo

@NinjaWaddleDee I am not sure where you reside, but come that crazy time of the year (something Friday?), I am sure Microsoft will throw the kitchen sink at the Xbox One S, as usual.

Last year, you could buy an Xbox One with an extra controller, a first party game of your choice (Forza Motorsport 6, Halo 5: Guardians or Rise of the Tomb Raider) and a $50 Best Buy/Target/Walmart voucher thrown in for nothing for $229.

You could always wait for the reviews first, given that a new studio is taking over the reins... and we all know what happened to Halo 4, hey?

Peek-a-boo

NinjaWaddleDee

@Peek-a-boo Ah yes, good old Halo 4. I think that's what I might do. Thank you

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)

Grumblevolcano

@NinjaWaddleDee I'd recommend @Peek-a-boo's approach too, there's bound to be big discounts on Black Friday but also if the NX isn't revealed by then it's almost certainly not releasing until holiday 2017.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NinjaWaddleDee

@Grumblevolcano Yeah, and I'm sure by then the vanilla xbox one will be even cheaper than that.

CanisWolfred

I'm still adamantly waiting until my Xbox 360 dies before I seriously consider getting any XboneS, but when that time comes (knock on wood), it'll probably be pretty cheap, especially around the holidays.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

JaxonH

Oh my goodness, X1 is on fire!

I've gone from PS4 being my main hub (with Wii U and X1 being exclusives only) to X1 being my main hub. For one, X1 takes external drives, and my 2TB PS4 was full 27 deleted games ago. So I sold all 30+ multiplats on PS4 (kept a few like Resident Evil games and Tomb Raider) and repurchased for X1 with a 4TB external, giving me 4.5TB vs my 2TB on PS4. And playing all these games with the new Xbox Lab custom controller I ordered is at the pinnacle of ergonimic gaming. Wow I love it.

Then Forza Horizon 3 drops. And it's hands down the greatest racer of all time. When you turn on auto traction and turn assist and all the other stuff, and ignore customization, and it becomes an arcade racer anyone can enjoy. Turn all those settings off and it's as deep as the Forza racing SIM games. This is its greatest triumph. That and the fact it's just so dang good! I bought the $35 double expansion pack, the $30 car pass and $3 treasure map. Everything on the menu.

Then Lost Odyssey gets announced for BC. And wow. What a day to remember. I've been waiting for this moment since I got my Xbox One. And it's finally here. Lost Odyssey is now playable on Xbox One. What other reason does one need to jump in? There are only 2 Sakaguchi games on consoles beyond Final Fantasy- one of them is The Last Story on Nintendo Wii. And if you haven't played that game, go buy it right now. The other, is Lost Odyssey on Xbox 360. And now, it is part of the Xbox One experience.

All this excitement makes me want to buy an Xbox One S, especially since transferring my 2 TB game library is as easy as unplugging the external drive and plugging it into the S. But, knowing Scorpio is on the way, I'll hold off. Still, if you don't own an X1, you can get them for like $200 right now. In fact, just today Newegg had Xbox One bundles with The Division for $199 on their eBay store, tax free for most with free shipping. I mean gosh dang, that's less than the price of a 3DS!

Anyone else playing Lost Odyssey? Or Forza Horizon 3?

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Peek-a-boo

JaxonH wrote:

Anyone else playing Lost Odyssey? Or Forza Horizon 3?

@JaxonH Yeah, I appear to be one of two people playing Forza Horizon 3 in this thread. Take a look two pages prior to this one.

And the Xbox One may well be "on fire" now however, it was barely able to ignite for the past eight months of this year. I am not a fan of going two thirds of a year without anything to play, then unceremoniously dumping everything into the last third (and hoping it pays off).

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

JaxonH

@Peek-a-boo

Well, it got far more than Wii U or 3DS and it got basically everything PS4 did, handful of exclusives aside (Valkyrie Chronicles Remastered, SFV, King of Fighters XIV, etc). And it's had BC games added throughout the year sprucing things up even more.

I'd honestly say PS4 had the better 1st half of the year, but that being said it's been a quiet year all around I think. PS4 did get a number of good games though earlier this year, but that's how the tide goes. Over here, then over there, then over here, etc.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Gamer83

As big a fan as I am of Burnout 3: Takedown (it's in my top 15 of all time), the more time I spend playing Forza Horizon 3, the closer I get to saying it's my favorite racing game, ever. The offroad racing, the circuits, the show cases, getting to organize your own race and bucket list events... It's everything I always wanted in a driving game and the graphics are excellent.

As for the two companies strategies. Yeah, it sucks the first 8 months of Xbox One are dry in terms of exclusives but MS saves them up and hits big at the end of the year. I'm primarily a PlayStation gamer but Sony's release strategy this gen to be questionable at best as well. We get some games from January to June but after that it becomes dry. One company covers the first half of the year, the other covers the last four months. Is one really much better than the other? I don't think so. Both companies have things they could work on but at the end of the day both are getting good games so it doesn't really matter when they hit the market as long as gamers eventually get to enjoy them.

Gamer83

NinjaWaddleDee

Okay I think you guys have sold me on getting an Xbone as my secondary console. If I'm still excited for Gears 4 by the time the holidays come around, it's going to happen. I just can't pass up that local split screen goodness. As much as I love my PS4, the system is severely lacking good split-screen games. I'll keep PS4 for it's better range of japanese exclusives and story based games, and then use my Xbone for online oriented and shooter games.

Grumblevolcano

Arguably one of the greatest 3rd party games on Wii U (despite being multiplat) is now on backwards compatibility, Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CanisWolfred

@DarthNocturnal Did not know that. Adding that to my steam wishlist...

Peek-a-boo wrote:

@DarthNocturnal Thankfully the Forza Horizon series are not simulation racers!

Forza Motorsport = a racing/simulation game
Forza Horizon = open world arcade-ish driving (more point-to-point races than lapping around tracks)

The first Horizon is my favourite because it paved the way for a blend of open world and track-based races in equal measure, whereas Horizon 2 and 3 are more off-road and offers a bigger 'playground' environment to muck around in.

They are all very good though!

It's the only Xbox exclusive I miss being able to play TBH.

That honesly makes me want Forza Horizons 3 less...not really a fan of Open World racers, heck, that's why I just picked up Burnout Revenge in case I can no longer play Burnout 3 in the near future. I struggled enough with Burnout Paradise...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Peek-a-boo

@CanisWolfred Did you grab the first Forza Horizon when it was available as part of Games for Gold the other month?

I have played all three, and while the second and third refined certain aspects, it was the first game that has an equal balance of town/city races and those off-road point to point races. I think there is no harm in trying the first one, which is still my favourite one!

As good as the second and third game is, it leans too much on the playground events (off-road silliness).

As for the Burnout series, the first two are my favourites; offered proper wheel to wheel racing, and crashing actually was a risk/reward mechanic compared to the ease of crashing (and winning) in Burnout 3.

I didn't mind Burnout Paradise actually, but I still pined for the surprisingly tough natured original two games.

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH The ReCore update just went live, I think this is the one that's supposed to improve loading times.

Grumblevolcano

CanisWolfred

@Peek-a-boo I haven't had Xbox Live in about 3 years now, so no. Besides, I just don't like open world in a racing game. I get lost like crazy. That's a big part of why I don't have a license in real life. I need a set track, and a good old fashioned menu to pick 'em from. I did play Forza 1 & 2, though. I didn't really enjoy them, but only because they were too strict in their simulation, especially in the way the cars would get damaged. At the very least, I could still respect it as something that's just "not for me". Forza Horizons is a game where I could seeming have some fun with, and the only thing preventing me from having that fun, is the very structure that ties the game together - Like the world's best toy, held together by paper clips and rubberbands.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Peek-a-boo

@CanisWolfred Oh well! It was worth a try to see if it would be your cuppa tea.

I don't get much enjoyment out of the Forza Motorsport series, and yet something like Driveclub grabbed me by the balls and didn't let go for ages. Maybe you'd like that game, seeing as it offers laps, city tracks and point-to-point races?

Peek-a-boo

CanisWolfred

Perhaps, if I ever have enough filespace for it! I've downloaded it twice, but I had to delete it both times before I could even play it, because **** forced installs for retail disc games! Seriously, those 30+ GBs are killing me!

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic