Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 2,121 to 2,140 of 11,914

Undead_terror

Shadow Jago be out by Friday!

Now like Mewtwo with Club Nintendo, whoever got the Sago skin will get him for free and will get him exclusive for a limited time, however people will be able to purchase him afterwards....for a limited time before you CAN'T purchase him and there is no word if he will be back or not...that's when it stopped being like Mewtwo...and it's dumb.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Peek-a-boo

@Ryno: Venture Beat on the other hand seem to say quite the opposite though, strangely enough:

Call of Duty: Black Ops III and PlayStation won Black Friday - http://venturebeat.com/2015/11/30/black-ops-iii-and-playstati...

Both consoles did pretty well, all told.

As for the above debate, it's perfectly okay to play games with your partner around however, some women perceive it as being anti-social (which I somewhat agree with) and can be seen as a neglecting characteristic.

I tend to play the Wii U off-screen when my partner is watching a TV series, reading a book or listening to the radio, but I wouldn't dream of hogging the television just to play games and put my partner in the background, so to speak.

I only have a Wii U and a PlayStation 4 so, it isn't cluttering anything up!

Peek-a-boo

Ryno

@Undead_terror: How does one get Shadow Jago (other than buying him when he is available)?? Confusing...

@Peek-a-boo: I checked your link and the link confirms the same thing, "The top console bundle pick this year was the Xbox One 500GB bundle with Gears of War (and a $60 gift card), which Target discounted to $300 (from $350)." There is no doubt that more PS4's were sold overall but that was spread out between Uncharted, Black Ops III and Star Wars Bundles. The Gears XB1 bundle must of really outsold other XB1 bundles. All in all, sounds like good news for console gaming.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Undead_terror

@Ryno: " if you already attained Shadow Jago through either the Community Fund Bundle or via Xbox Live Day One Gold, you have access to him starting on December 4th. Enjoy the 2 weeks of exclusivity"

And these options are no longer available.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

Ralizah wrote:

@Tasuki: I never understood people getting rid of their consoles because their husband/wife demanded it. I mean, making compromises is one thing, but demanding your partner ditch a beloved hobby is a whole 'nother level of controlling.

The way it has been explained to me (by numerous friends and gamestop customers back when I worked there) is that gaming is something that the family has to compete against for the gamer in the family's time and attention. If you come home from work and spend two hours gaming... that is two hours less spent doing homework with kids or connecting with the SO. With the added financial sink (cuz gaming is expensive!) it is more disruptive as many families could use that money for something else: family trip, new washing machine whatever. For a person that doesn't share in that hobby at all it goes from something the SO does since they were single and had free time to why are you doing that instead of focusing on your family?

I sorta get it as I look back at how much I've spent this year alone on gaming I'm pretty sure that value would tick off a non gaming SO...however gaming is one of my cheaper hobbies so any woman that ends up with me is just going to have to pull her hair out. I never agree with making someone change who they are and what they love but nothing wrong with moderating yourself or finding a way to share it with the one you love.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

shingi_70

@Undead_terror:

Well im surprised their selling him, as he was previously a $20 or $60 dollar character depending on when you bought him. I wouldn't really compare it too mewtwo, as he was regular dlc while shadow jago and omen were bonus characters outside of the season 2 development plan.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Undead_terror

@shingi_70: Still, it's community funded, and to let work go to waste, people who don't have him now only got less then a month to buy him, that don't seem right, if it was a icon or something then not much is to miss, however with this, it's a character!

DekuOnion

How strong is the community for Killer Instinct? Aside from the initial push when the Xbox One was first revealed, I really haven't heard anything about the game. I know it's been getting updates and such, but I don't hear any buzz or know of anyone that plays it.

Currently Playing: SMITE, ROTTR, Halo 5: Guardians (XB1), Xenoblade Chronicles X (WiiU), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 2 (3DS)

Undead_terror

I think it's going on strong enough, might not be much talk about it at the moment, people are just waiting for March now once season 3/PC release comes out, I saw a bunch excited for the PC release so once that comes out, I think ya might hear more about the game.

DekuOnion

Makes sense. I only recently got an Xbox again and the Fall releases are taking up all the attention.

Does anyone play SMITE on Xbox One? The entire MOBA genre has it's problems, but besides that I find it pretty enjoyable. I'm going to need to do some research if I'm going to get good.

Currently Playing: SMITE, ROTTR, Halo 5: Guardians (XB1), Xenoblade Chronicles X (WiiU), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 2 (3DS)

Peek-a-boo

The other day, I persuaded my friend to finally let go of his Xbox 360 by doing a trade in at the Microsoft store.

They offered a not-too-shabby £80 for his Xbox 360, and the cheapest console available was £240 for the Rare Replay and Ori and the Blind Forest bundle, therefore it only costed him £129 after giving them a £25 voucher as well as a further 10% discount (Microsoft are awfully generous when they really want more customers!).

He purchased Halo 5: Guardians on the way home too and he is already annoyed at me for persuading him to trade his Xbox 360 in!

Just how long does it normally take for the whole download/installation process to finish?

After 90-odd minutes, it was on 42% however, it seemed to be going slower, rather than quicker. I don't understand this as it only takes a couple of minutes on my PlayStation 4 before I can play my game(s).

Is it a fault with his console, or something else that I am not aware of?

Peek-a-boo

Shinion

@Peek-a-boo: I got a similarly good deal a few months back, trading in my 360 for my One saved me a similar amount and I've been really happy with the purchase, your friend and I have the same tastes as well it seems as I got the games they wanted for mine straight away too. But yes to answer the question, installs for my One games do usually take hours as opposed to minutes on my PS4, and I have a really good and stable intenet connection too. My main gripe with the One really :/

Oh and yes people (including myself) do indeed still play Smite, matchmaking is instantaneous as I believe it's helped by the fact there's cross-play on PC as well, though I'm not 100% sure on that. I can assure that Smite is with a go, definitely free though I think it's more than worth the £20 or so it costs to get all the gods. Great game.

Shinion

Peek-a-boo

TheLastLugia wrote:

To answer the question, installs for my One games do usually take hours as opposed to minutes on my PS4, and I have a really good and stable intenet connection too. My main gripe with the One really : /

Oh poop. I'm going have to tell him about this, am I? He's quite an impatient fellow as it is!

I thought it may have something to do with his internet connection however, he has the BT (optical fibre) Infinity bobbins, which is almost always super fast so, it cannot be the fault of that.

Thank you for clarifying the slow installation 'feature'. He is enjoying Ori and the Blind Forest in the meantime though.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Ryno

@Peek-a-boo: I have found that installs seem to work a lot better with the XB1 off for whatever reason. Maybe something to try?

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Gamer83

Yeah, it's the opposite this gen as opposed to last gen and one of the reasons I go with multiplat games on PS4 is the install times are much quicker. I don't think it's taken hours for my Xbox One to finish the install process so I can start playing but some have taken 30 minutes to an hour, PS4 it's like 15 seconds and you're good to go. Maybe 5 minutes if the game needs a big patch. MS really needs to sort that out.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

SCRAPPER392

So... I called Microsoft, because they messed up my email back in 2011(it's the same reason why I'm not using my NL account from 2009) and got 6 months of Xbox Live Gold. I bought the first 2 Gears of War on 2 email accounts, because they couldn't retrieve my email, even though I called them when the problem first happened, so I'm glad to see that sorted out. I'll be getting down on the Games with Gold, given that they are games I'm actually interested in. The ony games I cared about were Child of Light and Rayman Legends, but I already had those on Wii U and replayed them anyway.

Ya. I'm not surprised if Sony is beating Microsoft at things like streaming and install times. There were differences like that in Xbox 360 and PS3, too. I still prefer Xbox, even if PS exceeds in some areas.

Windows 10 better have more stuff in works. Like I said before, it would awesome if they just unleashed the same Windows 10 that is also on traditional PCs. I heard that Windows 7 BC is happening, and that basically handles everything else that Windows 8 and 10 aren't doing.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Undead_terror

Killer Instinct is now releasing collector figurines for characters! the first one is Shadow Jago (bonus fighter), and if you get it you will get a DLC color alt, only comes with the figure...and there is only 5000 figures made. https://twitter.com/KillerInstinct/status/674670622518042625

Ryno

Undead_terror wrote:

Killer Instinct is now releasing collector figurines for characters! the first one is Shadow Jago (bonus fighter), and if you get it you will get a DLC color alt, only comes with the figure...and there is only 5000 figures made. https://twitter.com/KillerInstinct/status/674670622518042625

Microsoft's version of amiibo's!

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Grumblevolcano

@Gamer83: The worst culprit of them all is Nintendo though, the XCX data packs alone took a few hours.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Undead_terror

@Ryno: Indead, only with codes butt the look a lot nicer.

Untitled....Spinal is missing his head bandanna in this and him along with Jago/Shago are missing their swords.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic