Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 2,141 to 2,160 of 11,914

SCRAPPER392

Too bad they aren't amiibos, even though I don't care about amiibos.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

SCRAPPER392

I'm already bored of my Xbox One, so I've been playing the Wii U and 3DS, instead. Theif isn't that good. It's not even better than Splintercell or Deus Ex on Wii U. Not even close.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

SuperWiiU

SCAR wrote:

Theif isn't that good. It's not even better than Splintercell or Deus Ex on Wii U. Not even close.

Who told you otherwise? It's been getting mediocre reviews and comments ever since it was released.

AlliMeadow

I'm contemplating whether to buy an Xbox One or not. I mainly want it to play games that aren't on Nintendo, especially Rare Replay collection, and I'm curious about the Halo franchise. I also want to play Need for Speed, GTA and Metal Gear. On one side I'm interested in broadening my horizon when it comes to gaming, on the other side I am not interested in having to pay a monthly fee just to play games. I've gotten the impression that you have to be online to play most Xbox One games. Is this really the case? I've tried to google and read some reviews, but they don't give a clear enough answer to my questions. Any help on the matter is appreciated.

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

Shinion

@AlliMeadow: I find the first sentence of your comment deliciously ironic considering more than 50% of the games on Rare Replay were originally Nintendo exclusives. But getting to your questions all I can can do with the Xbox One is recommend it, though I have to say I prefer my PS4 currently as an alternative to my Nintendo consoles and I'm much more looking forward to the PS4's upcoming exclusives than the Xbox's. Rare Replay was/is fab, still my favourite game on the console, the 7/8 games worthwhile playing on it all still are great (Banjos, Kameo, Conker's. Battletoads, Perfect Dark, Viva Pinatas). The few franchises you bring up I can't help you too much with, have never played a GTA game and barley played NFS Rivals via EA Access and have no interest in the recent reboot game, due to it's always online stuff and mediocre reviews. MGSV is fantastic though, albeit I played it on my PS4. Overall the Xbox One games I'd say that make it a worthwhile purchase are Rare Replay, Halo games, Forzas, Ori and the Blind Forest, Smite, Rise of the Tomb Raider, MGSV, The Witcher 3 and Star Wars Battlefront (don't care for Fallout personally). There's plenty of recommendations for ya and with Gears 4, Cuphead, Gigantic and Scalebound on the way I'm still satisfied with my Xbox One.

The online stuff? Depends from game to game. Star Wars Battlefront is a £40 paperweight without PS+ or Xbox Live membership, whilst Metal Gear Solid V is debatably better without it, and The Witcher 3 and Rare Replay aren't affected at all.

All in all? Get a PS4. Just joking.

Shinion

AlliMeadow

@TheLastLugia: Thanks for the info! My main interest is in Rare Replay, so if I'm going to buy a second console, it has to be the Xbox One. I have never been too much of a shooter fan, but after playing the Metroid Prime games I've learnt to enjoy the experience, and Splatoon has helped me learn dual stick controls. A couple of years ago I only played Mario and Pokémon, but I suddenly got curious about other Nintendo franchises so I branched out, and now I'm getting curious about all those games that aren't on the Wii U. I know I've enjoyed a Tony Hawk game on my old PSP, and I used to play GTA when I was way too young for it. I also had Need for Speed Most Wanted on my laptop when it came out, and I also played Carbon on the Wii and actually enjoyed it.

Which games would you recommend a guy who mainly prefers Mario, Pokémon, Xenoblade and Metroid?

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

Ryu_Niiyama

Well finally got some decent play time in with my xbox one. sigh the dashboard is even more busy than the 360s... which is a major annoyance. Plus you can't redeem 360 games with gold without having a credit card on file. Which I don't do. So I won't be renewing that until they change the policy. I'm the only person I know with a One so I'm not missing out. I do love the controller and will be buying the adapter for the PC since I got a free controller with my system. Also really enjoying the new Tomb Raider.

As a PC gamer I'm currently giving the system a C due to policy and super annoying dashboard. PS4 gets a B- since their dashboard is cleaner and for me there are better exclusives. WiiU is still my favorite system this gen (B+ with extra credit because of the game pad to make it A-) with my gripes being lack of third party (minor for me but I know its a problem), and region locking since I had to buy two of them (damn you Taiko no tatsujin!).

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Peek-a-boo

AlliMeadow wrote:

Which games would you recommend a guy who mainly prefers Mario, Pokémon, Xenoblade and Metroid?

I hate to say this, because you are openly set on buying an Xbox One for Rare Replay, but you are looking at the likes of the Dragon Quest series (such as Builders, Heroes and their upcoming mainline game XI) and maybe God Eater and a potential Monster Hunter in the foreseeable future. Trouble is, you won't see nor be able to play these on an Xbox One.

The closest thing that the Xbox One has that is similar to your tastes is Ori and the Blind Forest, which has platforming and Metroidvania-esque elements. You might like ReCore that is from Keniji Inafune and some of those who worked on Metroid Prime however, we (still) know so little about this game at this moment in time to know exactly what it is all about.

Other than that, I guess the sheer amount of content in Rare Replay will keep you going for quite some time! Just don't expect the console to cater to your needs outside of Rare Replay and the odd game here and there. A PC or PlayStation 4 would suit the type of games you like playing better.

Peek-a-boo

Shinion

Peek-a-boo wrote:

AlliMeadow wrote:

I hate to say this, because you are openly set on buying an Xbox One for Rare Replay, but you are looking at the likes of the Dragon Quest series (such as Builders, Heroes and their upcoming mainline game XI) and maybe God Eater and a potential Monster Hunter

Haha. Haha. Haha. Ha. Monster Hunter PS4? Hahahahahahahah no. Now that that laugh's out of the way:

I both agree and disagree with what you say though, if you want to branch out from Nintendo, but want to find similar high quality games that appeal to a similar taste (Japaense) then the PS4 is probably the best bet. But from what I see, if you want to play the games on Rare Replay along with GTA, Tony Hawk and Metal Gear, then the Xbox will do just fine. As far as games on Xbox go that are similarish to those Nintendo games you mentioned, I would also recommend Ori, and Recore (makers of Metroid Prime) and Scalebound (open world Japense fantasy action RPG potentially similar to Xenoblade) look like safe bets too.

But yeah PS4 Monster Hunter we can all dream, eh? Which will come first, that or the dream MMO home console Pokemon game we all want? Most likely the latter when you consider there is 0 reasons to spend millions on a high quality console Monster Hunter on a system of casuals that won't give a damn about it. So yeah MMO Pokemon game for sure.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Peek-a-boo

@TheLastLugia: You are aware that Monster Hunter Frontier Online 2 is highly likely to come out on the PlayStation 4 later next year sometime, because the PC version is currently in development by Capcom and NCSOFT (creators of Guild Wars) along with numerous job postings for console development, meaning the PS4 in all likelihood.

Also, the head honcho at Capcom has openly spoken about the series returning to 'home platforms' in the foreseeable future.

I wonder if this enlightening news means you are still laughing?

Peek-a-boo

Shinion

@Peek-a-boo: yes, I most certainly am. Because Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Monster Hunter X and Stories are all 3DS exclusives. If Capcom saw success here they would announced a port of one of these waaaaaay before now to test the waters, A.K.A how many of the COD/Destiny/FIFA casuals (well over half of the PS install base) are interested in a difficult Japaese online hunting game. The fact that they haven't even done that speaks to me that Capcom are at least semi-reasonable and won't waste money, because that's exactly what it would be, there isn't a chance that a Mosnter Hunter game would hit multi-millions on PS4 as it would need to to be a success. So yes I am laughing, as are Capcom for having the most popular franchise in Japan go from strength-to-strength on the most popular gaming device in Japan- the 3DS.

EDIT: bear in mind too that freaking Street Fighter 5 is only happening because of Sony funding it and freaking Resident Evil and Mega Man are dead in Capcom's eyes, at least as far as new entries are concerned. Why the heck would Monster Hunter be worth a massive investment ahead of these games? It ain't happening. Get it out of your head and stop pretending to others it might, because it's borderline misleading given the facts and circumstances.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

SuperWiiU

TheLastLugia wrote:

But from what I see, if you want to play the games on Rare Replay along with GTA, Tony Hawk and Metal Gear, then the Xbox will do just fine.

If you want to play Tony Hawk, you're better off with an original Xbox. Pro Skater 5 isn't worth buying on any system.

Peek-a-boo

@TheLastLugia: You have a tendency to sound quite rude sometimes.

Why do you do this when all I posted was an eventual possibility of an online Monster Hunter game that is actually in development on PC and could in all likelihood be released on the PS4? That's all I said, and your refusal to acknowledge this is rather baffling.

Monster Hunter, in some shape or form, will return to a home console in the foreseeable future. If the top guy at Capcom says that he would like to bring the series back to 'home platforms' (I can try and find this interview for you if you like?), then that only adds fuel to the fire, hey?

Peek-a-boo

Shinion

@Peek-a-boo: well you're free to think it of course, but saying it like it was an inevitability was what I found funny. I think I provided enough evidence as to why it won't in all likelihood won't happen, wheras all you have is rumours and speculation, and then said it will happen in all likelihood. The fact that your likelihood was the exact opposite to mine is what I found funny. At least until Capcom make the multi-million pound Monster Hunter game that all of 0.1% of PlayStation owners want, all we can do is hope. Which I am doing just to be clear, I am a huge Monster Hunter fan after all, but I think I'm being realistic.

And a tendency to be rude? For what, stating the facts? Having a laugh at something I found amusing? Well I'm sorry but I won't apologise for that. Damn it. Anyway you get the point. Some of us don't hype up fantastic possibilities just because it has something to do with PS4, or was I offensive for calling out Sony and Naughty Dog, oh sorry Naughty God by not joining in the hype over yet another delay for Uncharted 4 the other day? Do you find these things offensive that Sony aren't perfect? If you do, that's even more hilarious, and you therefore definitely shouldn't be advising someone over buying an Xbox One as you would be too biased.

Anyway get back to the point, I will once again recommend the Xbox One, it has it's pros and cons over the PS4 as an alternative to Nintendo, just one of those factors ain't Monster Hunter, that's a Nintendo handheld game for all intents and purposes as we talk at this moment. Hope you have enough info to make your decision

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Peek-a-boo

Come the eventual day that Monster Hunter arrives (back) on a 'home platform', as the main boss at Capcom says, I shall happily remind you of those posts of yours above.

I am also still struggling to understand why you won't acknowledge that an online Monster Hunter game that is currently in development on PC as you and I speak, and by Capcom themselves too, which could very well be ported over to the PlayStation 4 due to job postings for console development; it's the third time you have chosen to ignore this!

I have said my bit, and that's that.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Luffymcduck

Me and my cousins are huge fans of Perfect Dark on N64. Rare Replay collection on Xbox One has an HD remake of Perfect Dark with online multiplayer, (which was previously released on Xbox360 of course) but having that and tons of other great titles on one disc got us thinking about buying an Xbox One.

Do people still play Perfect Dark online? Wouldn't want to buy a game no one plays anymore. What other online FPS with a split screen option (I heard Halo 5 doesn't support that) does Xbox One have and what would you recommend?

It would be great if David Wise made soundtracks to all future Nintendo games.

SuperWiiU

Luffymcduck wrote:

Me and my cousins are huge fans of Perfect Dark on N64. Rare Replay collection on Xbox One has an HD remake of Perfect Dark with online multiplayer, (which was previously released on Xbox360 of course) but having that and tons of other great titles on one disc got us thinking about buying an Xbox One.

Do people still play Perfect Dark online? Wouldn't want to buy a game no one plays anymore. What other online FPS with a split screen option (I heard Halo 5 doesn't support that) does Xbox One have and what would you recommend?

Call Of Duty: Black Ops III and Star Wars Battlefront have it.

Shinion

@Peek-a-boo: OK, there's a Monster Hunter Frontier Online game currently in development for PC, which is not Monster Hunter 5. It may or may not come to PS4, Xbox One or the elusive NX. You happy now? Also I'll take the opportunity to say when (and not if) Capcom announce the next evolution in the Monster Hunter franchise is a 3DS or the handheld version of NX (if rumours are to be belived) exclusive, I'll use that opportunity to crow. Also excuse me princess for thinking that you're the one conveniently ignoring the facts but we've had a rather I must say pleasant discussion on a franchise that hasn't had a main PS home console game for nearly 10 years, so your 'come the eventual day it arrives back on a home platform' comment is contuining to prove I feel that you really don't know what you're talking about. Times have changed, Capcom have found where this series performs best. It's Monster Hunter, not GTA, COD, Assassin's Creed or FIFA, all of which have had quite frankly embarrassing handheld games, Monster Hunter is the opposite. It's a handheld series and considering the way Capcom are right now, they aren't going to take a huge risk by making Monster Hunter 5 be an expensive PS4 game when it won't sell. Can you at least accept that now that I've acknowledged your threadbare argument? Your inevitabilities seem like fantasies to me. Monster Hunter shouldn't be remotely considered in the 'PS v Xbox war', or when deciding on which one to buy. I think I will have the last laugh here dude, if Sony had freaking Monster Hunter 5 on PS4 tied up, we'd have heard about it by now I'm sure, hence their continued losing to Nintendo in Japan. Accept this and move on. Pleeeeeease?

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Grumblevolcano

I don't think a main Monster Hunter game on PS4 is too far-fetched. The 3DS is getting a bit old compared to the lifespans of other Nintendo handhelds and if NX is a home console releasing in 2016 then that console is pretty much dead before it's even released. Of course this leaves PS4 and XB1 of which PS4 is more likely given Sony exclusivity for SF5.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SuperWiiU

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Of course this leaves PS4 and XB1 of which PS4 is more likely given Sony exclusivity for SF5.

It's more more likely because Sony is Japanese and Monster Hunter sells best in Japan. And XB1 hardly sells at all there.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic