Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 1,301 to 1,320 of 11,914

shingi_70

Yep all three versions are using the Azure, platform. It bobble my mind that plants vs zombies didn't.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

Keep in mind PC version uses Origin still.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

banacheck

There’s a lack of customisation too, with no cosmetic options at all beyond choosing your gender. The graphics are also largely unimpressive and there are frequent, if minor, problems with object pop-in and frame rate judder. At the review event we were "playing the game on what was alleged to be the real Microsoft-run servers", but with only around 50 people in the room that was no kind of test for what the game will be at launch. "But for the record we had four separate disconnection errors during the two days", "with most of the people around us seeming to suffer a similar number".

The problems with slowdown are only occasional but they are noticeable, and although the lack of destructible scenery has already been put down to a conscious choice there’s a real lack of interactivity in the maps. For example, the much talked about monsters that inhabit some levels are merely background details and only ever attack the computer-controlled characters – and only then rarely.

Speaking of which the various grunts and Terminator-like robots that move around the maps really don’t do very much at all. You stand almost no danger of being killed by them and apart from offering up a few free experience points if you shoot them they serve no purpose other than to make the level look a little busier.

Titanfall’s biggest misfire though is the campaign multiplayer, which is almost laughably awful.

Don't worry it still managed to pick-up 9/10 from this reviewer, the graphics where never going to be impressive considering it's still on last gen same applies to PS4 games, but that doesn't mean the graphics are bad with cross-gen game's. Minor pop-in's frame rate problem's, but this does surprise me considering there is not that meny using the network to what there will be at launch (disconnection errors). But a network is only as good as the persons internet connection anyway, other game's with the same sort of problem's get slammed but overall it's a good review.

Forgot to add the AI serve no purpose other than to make the levels look busy, thay did look pretty dumb from the gameplay footage i've seen.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

shingi_70

Well its source engine which is kind of crappy to be honest. As far as the AI dudes most people seem to like them. The reason why COD is so popular is that its easy to jump into multiplayer and get some.kills in. The AI dudes make this times two fold.

Reviresaside evryonI know in and out if the media day to believe the hype.

WAT!

banacheck

he reason why COD is so popular is that its easy to jump into multiplayer and get some.kills in. The AI dudes make this times two fold.

True, the AI should have been so you couldn't tell the difference between AI & human's, or as close to that as possible i think. Titanfall from what i've seen looks a very good game (FPS), i have no doubt about that. It'll be interesting to see what thay add in the DLC Map Packs, and considering you cannot buy a XboxOne without Kinect and it come's with Titanfall for £399 that's good. Do you know if that's a timed deal or can i buy an XboxOne next month or the month after with Titanfall?

banacheck

RancidVomit86

I'm starting to bet Microsoft will not launch XB1 in Japan despite saying it will release in 2014.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

SCRAPPER392

RancidVomit86 wrote:

I'm starting to bet Microsoft will not launch XB1 in Japan despite saying it will release in 2014.

Why? A majority of the year is still here, and not releasing their console there will leave 0 chance of embracing that market, now or ever.

It's just like Ubisoft and the Watch_Dogs Wii U delay. All we can do is take their word for it. Any further speculation is kind of unnecessary.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

shingi_70

Nah they were at bitsummit last week, Showing off japanese id@xbox devs.

They really don't need to launch in Japan either. Other than I want some Japanese exclusives going there with their industry so in flux is a waste of time.

WAT!

dumedum

Got some questions about the console:

Do you think there will be a Kinect less Xbox One at one point?
If you buy the Xbox One, can you just disconnect the Kinect and play normally with the controller without any voice commands etc?
The battery situation - is that just like with the Wii Remote? People buy third party rechargers? Is that annoying?

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

banacheck

The battery situation - is that just like with the Wii Remote? People buy third party rechargers? Is that annoying?

You can buy whats called an official Play & Charge Kit which is a lithium battery with USB cable, so you can charge the controller with the USB cable.

If you buy the Xbox One, can you just disconnect the Kinect and play normally with the controller without any voice commands etc?

You can trun-off the Kinect in the console settings, you don't need it on if your playing with the controller.

Do you think there will be a Kinect less Xbox One at one point?

No, the Kinect is inter-grated into the XboxOne's OS more than what the PS4 camera is.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

rallydefault

@dumedum

I really can't see the Xbox One without Kinect, and trust me, I was probably one of THE most skeptical people out there - but the thing rocks. It's so easy to navigate the system without even turning a controller on, which is extremely nice when you just want to boot up the system to watch some Netflix or something. Its use for recording gameplay with commentary is so streamlined and propels you into the Upload community so smoothly, I just can't imagine an Xbox system without it.

I'm honestly not sure about the disconnecting part, I've never actually desired to disconnect my Kinect ... ha!

Well, to give you a good idea on battery life with the new controller: I got my console at launch, probably play about 8ish hours a week, and just had to replace the batteries for the first time last week.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

shingi_70

List of the first xbox One Indie games.
http://news.xbox.com/2014/03/games-id-xbox-games-first-look

“1001 Spikes” by Nicalis – This hardcore side-scroller features precise controls and a degree of difficulty that means starting with 1001 lives is not at all a guarantee you can make it through the game! Every level is custom designed to be beaten… barely. The game also includes co-op and cutthroat multiplayer modes.
“Calibre 10 Racing Series” by Bongfish GmbH – “Calibre 10 Racing Series” is a spiritual successor to “Harms Way.” The game is entirely multiplayer in a new experience that combines action-packed racing with fast-paced first person shooting.
“CastleStorm” by Zen Studios – It’s Knights vs. Vikings in “CastleStorm,” a super genre mash-up of 2D physics destruction mashed with tower defense brawler! “CastleStorm” features a story-driven solo campaign, a custom castle editor, online multiplayer, co-op modes, and more.
“Chariot” by Frima – “Chariot” is a humorous physics-based couch co-op platformer in which a brave princess and her suitor carry a funeral wagon through ancient mines, fending off swarms of looters while amassing riches, to bury the King's remains in a worthy gold-filled tomb.
“Chuck’s Challenge 3D” by Niffler – From the design veteran behind the classic game “Chip's Challenge,” comes “Chuck’s Challenge 3D,” a fiendishly addictive puzzler that’s packed with features that will tease the brain and challenge the fingers.
“Contrast” by Compulsion Games – “Contrast” is a 2D/3D adventure game, set in a surreal, 1920s, film noir dreamscape. You must help Didi explore the mysteries surrounding her family, by using your ability to shift at will between the 3D world and your 2D shadow.
“Divekick Addition Edition +” by Iron Galaxy Studios – “Divekick” is the world’s first-ever two-button fighting game! Now anyone can experience the thrill of fighting games without memorizing complex combos and finger-contorting button presses.
“Forced” by BetaDwarf ApS – One- to four-player co-op arcade adventure with puzzles and tactical elements. You are cast as slaves in the toughest fantasy gladiator school of them all, condemned to fight as a gladiator and eventually win your freedom.
“FRU” by Through Games – “Fru” is a Kinect-based puzzle platformer in which the player utilizes both a joystick and their body to control the game. In fact, in “Fru,” the player's silhouette is used to reveal what lies beneath the world at first glance. “Fru's” gameplay changes according to the player's shape, pose and movement.
“Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition” by DrinkBox Studios – “Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition” is an action-packed, 2D brawler/platformer that alternates between the worlds of the living and the dead.
“Gunscape” by Blowfish Studios – At its heart, “Gunscape” is an FPS construction kit: A game with solid action gameplay, a welcoming approach to map building and a huge toolbox of iconic weapons, monsters and level elements that can be extensively combined to create new and exciting gameplay experiences.
“Habitat” by 4gency – “Habitat” is a space-themed strategy game set in Earth's orbit, where you lead a team of engineers to save humanity by building a space station out of an orbiting wasteland of space junk.
“Hyper Light Drifter” by Heart Machine – “Hyper Light Drifter” is an action adventure RPG in the vein of the best eight-bit and 16-bit classics, with modernized mechanics and designs on a much grander scale.
“It Draws a Red Box” by Other Ocean – “It Draws a Red Box” is a chaotic eight-player eSport jumping jetpack future arena ball game that is as inspired by “Bomberman” and “Smash Bros.” as it is by cans of soda, paint-by-number books, and driving five miles faster than the speed limit.
“Nutjitsu” by NinjaBee – “Nutjitsu” is a top-down, arcade-style game for Xbox One. Players take control of the ninja squirrel on his quest to reclaim his clan’s honor. Featuring two game modes, five power ups, 25 ranks, three distinct enemies and 15 levels, this HTML5 based title is coming to your dojo in early spring.
“Pinball Arcade” by FarSight Studios – “Pinball Arcade” features exact recreations of the all-time greatest pinball tables from Williams®, Bally®, Stern Pinball® and Gottlieb® together in one game. Every flipper, bumper, sound effect, and display pixel has been painstakingly emulated in astonishing detail.
“Q.U.B.E. Director’s Cut” by Toxic Games – “Q.U.B.E. Director’s Cut” is a first-person game that faces the player with a series of brain-teasing puzzles. The player uses high tech gloves to manipulate different types of cube in the environment – unravelling conundrums ranging from physics-based challenges; to 3D jigsaws; to platform-based trials.
“Riptide GP2” by Vector Unit – Featuring dynamic racing on fully interactive water surfaces, “Riptide GP2” sets the gold standard in modern water racing games. Take control of rocket powered hydro jets to race through futuristic cityscapes, hurl yourself off sky-high jumps and bust out dozens of death defying stunts.
“Roundabout” by No Goblin – “Roundabout” is an open world driving puzzle game where you control a constantly rotating limousine! Pick up passengers, find secret collectibles, take on dangerous missions, and fall in love while reliving the 1977 rise to fame story of Georgio Manos.
“Sixty Second Shooter Prime” by Happion Laboratories – “Sixty Second Shooter Prime” is a twin stick shooter with a sixty-second time limit. This new Prime version brings a graphics upgrade, a new soundtrack, infinity mode and social leaderboards.
“Spectra: 8bit Racing” by Gateway Interactive – From new studio Gateway Interactive and Chipzel (the amazing chip-tune artist behind the “Super Hexagon” music) comes “Spectra,” a fast paced retro style racing game destined to get your heart pumping and test your skill like no other!
“Strike Suit Zero” by Born Ready Games – “Strike Suit Zero: Director’s Cut” is a space combat game that throws players into huge, intense space battles where the very fate of Earth rests on your dogfighting skills.
“Super Time Force” by Capybara – “Super Time Force” is an action-packed platformer with a time-travelling twist! Take control of up to 16 unique characters, and battle across six different time periods, from the long-ago past to the far-away future.
“The Last Tinker” by Mimimi Productions – In a world where creativity has given way to conflict, a young street kid living in the slums of Colortown seeks to restore the spark of imagination to his hometown. A charming blend of modern platforming and multicolored style, “The Last Tinker” is a one-of-a-kind adventure.
“Wulverblade” by Darkwind Media – “Wulverblade” is a side-scrolling brawler created in the spirit of the arcade greats. It's 120AD and the Roman army has seized control of Britannia. Their goal: march north and conquer the island with brutal and bloody efficiency. The 5,000 strong 9th Legion are preparing for war, but little do they know what lies in wait for them.

WAT!

SCRAPPER392

So... DirectX 12 exists. Thoughts?

Qwest

Henmii

Since I couldn't find the proper topic I'll ask it here: What the heck happened with the European XboxOne release?! Originally it would launch November 2013 in the whole of Europe! But so far it's only out in Germany, while the rest of Europe has to wait until September 2014?! That's almost a year late!!

Does Microsoft really think they will win the console-wars this way?! By that time everybody already has a PS4 (and a few will have a Wii u)!!

Everybody thought Nintendo would end in third place, but now it looks Microsoft will end in third place (at least in Europe)! I only have a Wii u and probably keep it that way, yet I am curious on what's going on! I can imagine someone at Microsoft REALLY screwed up!!

Henmii

RancidVomit86

@Henmii They are already in the European market that counts for most of the European sales; the UK.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

shingi_70

Iron Galaxy is taking over KI for season 2. Fukgoe and story mode drps in two weeks.

WAT!

SCRAPPER392

@Henmii
Well, more than likely Microsoft has information about the market, that we don't, so launching a year later might be required to have more software, strengthen servers, get the TV mode working, etc.

Even Nintendo doesn't have TVll running in EU. My guess is that these instances are related.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic