Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 1,321 to 1,340 of 1,819

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,321. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Plants vs Zombies should have been staggered to the fall and aimed as a abundle game for families.

yeah it really should have. It does make me sad by default to see a fun looking shooter with cool ideas and multiple primary colors probably not do that well. Even if Titanfall and Destiny end up being better shooters, this game just kinda puts a smile on my face.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

1,322. Posted:

Yea I will probably end up picking up new PvZ game this weekend. Had planned to get it cause it does look like too much fun to pass up.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

1,323. Posted:

Looks like Microsoft might have 2 new IP's on their way for us as they have filled trademarks on Tentacles: Enter the Mind and Ori and the Black Forest. Both were filed as pertaining to game software.

Battle.net - Dayman

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,324. Posted:

Tentcakes sounds like Press Plays new project seeing as the game they made before max was Tentacles Enter the Dolphin. Not sure what Black Forest would be however.

Blog post from Lionhead about the first Fable Legends character Sterling.
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

banacheck

1,325. Posted:

“EA, Respawn and Microsoft have been testing Titanfall all over the world, including South Africa, and we’re confident that players worldwide will have a great experience when the game launches in March.”

Just like the original XboxOne I guess things have changed. The reality of always online was fiction at this point in time as the always online Titanfall has proven, but would have things been different without Microsoft servers?

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,326. Posted:

Any of you Xbox One dudes want a Project Spark beta code. I have four to give away.

http://mp1st.com/2014/03/08/respawn-tease-future-titanfall-an...

Xbox’s Jeff Rubenstein explained, “apparently during this live stream, which will start at 11 pm eastern/8 pm pacific, we are going to be exploring or showcasing the future of Titanfall.”
"Larry Hryb added that the Xbox team have �no clue� what Respawn will be showing. It seems that all Respawn told Microsoft, �we are showcasing the future of Titanfall�."

I'm guessing were going to get the first look at the DLC maps and the new game modes they will be putting in. Unrealistic expectation is Microsoft has bought respawn and Titanfall, throwing a big middle finger to EA.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,327. Posted:

Fan Q&A for Fable legends using questions submitted through upload.

Sound more like Platform where they can expand upon it and from a gameplay perspective the Hero stuff sounds like Guantlet,

WAT!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,328. Posted:

Titanfall's been earning a lot of positive reviews, makes me want to make it my Birthday present after all, but I should probably wait a bit to see if it has any problems at launch. No matter what, it's still an EA game, so it's bound to need at least more servers.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,329. Posted:

Games using Microsoft's servers so it should be good.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,330. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Games using Microsoft's servers so it should be good.

Even the PC version?

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,331. Posted:

Yep all three versions are using the Azure, platform. It bobble my mind that plants vs zombies didn't.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,332. Posted:

...hm...I'mma have to think about this now...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,333. Posted:

Keep in mind PC version uses Origin still.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

banacheck

1,334. Posted:

There’s a lack of customisation too, with no cosmetic options at all beyond choosing your gender. The graphics are also largely unimpressive and there are frequent, if minor, problems with object pop-in and frame rate judder. At the review event we were "playing the game on what was alleged to be the real Microsoft-run servers", but with only around 50 people in the room that was no kind of test for what the game will be at launch. "But for the record we had four separate disconnection errors during the two days", "with most of the people around us seeming to suffer a similar number".

The problems with slowdown are only occasional but they are noticeable, and although the lack of destructible scenery has already been put down to a conscious choice there’s a real lack of interactivity in the maps. For example, the much talked about monsters that inhabit some levels are merely background details and only ever attack the computer-controlled characters – and only then rarely.

Speaking of which the various grunts and Terminator-like robots that move around the maps really don’t do very much at all. You stand almost no danger of being killed by them and apart from offering up a few free experience points if you shoot them they serve no purpose other than to make the level look a little busier.

Titanfall’s biggest misfire though is the campaign multiplayer, which is almost laughably awful.

Don't worry it still managed to pick-up 9/10 from this reviewer, the graphics where never going to be impressive considering it's still on last gen same applies to PS4 games, but that doesn't mean the graphics are bad with cross-gen game's. Minor pop-in's frame rate problem's, but this does surprise me considering there is not that meny using the network to what there will be at launch (disconnection errors). But a network is only as good as the persons internet connection anyway, other game's with the same sort of problem's get slammed but overall it's a good review.

Forgot to add the AI serve no purpose other than to make the levels look busy, thay did look pretty dumb from the gameplay footage i've seen.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,335. Posted:

Well its source engine which is kind of crappy to be honest. As far as the AI dudes most people seem to like them. The reason why COD is so popular is that its easy to jump into multiplayer and get some.kills in. The AI dudes make this times two fold.

Reviresaside evryonI know in and out if the media day to believe the hype.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

banacheck

1,336. Posted:

he reason why COD is so popular is that its easy to jump into multiplayer and get some.kills in. The AI dudes make this times two fold.

True, the AI should have been so you couldn't tell the difference between AI & human's, or as close to that as possible i think. Titanfall from what i've seen looks a very good game (FPS), i have no doubt about that. It'll be interesting to see what thay add in the DLC Map Packs, and considering you cannot buy a XboxOne without Kinect and it come's with Titanfall for £399 that's good. Do you know if that's a timed deal or can i buy an XboxOne next month or the month after with Titanfall?

banacheck

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

1,337. Posted:

I'm starting to bet Microsoft will not launch XB1 in Japan despite saying it will release in 2014.

Battle.net - Dayman

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

1,338. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

I'm starting to bet Microsoft will not launch XB1 in Japan despite saying it will release in 2014.

Why? A majority of the year is still here, and not releasing their console there will leave 0 chance of embracing that market, now or ever.

It's just like Ubisoft and the Watch_Dogs Wii U delay. All we can do is take their word for it. Any further speculation is kind of unnecessary.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,339. Posted:

Nah they were at bitsummit last week, Showing off japanese id@xbox devs.

They really don't need to launch in Japan either. Other than I want some Japanese exclusives going there with their industry so in flux is a waste of time.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

dumedum

1,340. Posted:

Got some questions about the console:

Do you think there will be a Kinect less Xbox One at one point?
If you buy the Xbox One, can you just disconnect the Kinect and play normally with the controller without any voice commands etc?
The battery situation - is that just like with the Wii Remote? People buy third party rechargers? Is that annoying?

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba