Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 1,321 to 1,340 of 11,914

shingi_70

I'm assuming it has to do with languages and giving stock to the bigger markets.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Henmii

"Even Nintendo doesn't have TVll running in EU. My guess is that these instances are related"

I am not sure! I really have no idea what's up with TVii either! I think it's all kinda strange!

"They are already in the European market that counts for most of the European sales; the UK"

You mean United Kingdom/England? I can understand that they give priority to the biggest markets, and the dutch market may be very small (I live in Holland)! But come on, we live in 2014!! There's no excuse for this kind of business! Just release it in the whole continent at once, or don't release it at all!

One things for sure: Holland is a lost cause for the XboxOne!!

Update: According to Wikipedia it has to do with unforseen problems with the localisation of the new Kinect camera. Ah well...

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

shingi_70

Phil Spencer is the new head of Xbox.

Our community is at the heart of what we do at Xbox. Whether it is meeting thousands of fans at the launch of Xbox One, talking at industry events or hearing from gamers on Twitter and Xbox Live, I am actively listening and I am motivated to do what’s right for fans who’ve invested their time, hearts and money in the products we build. You have been the most important part of the success Xbox has had to-date and you are a critical voice as we continue the journey. Let’s keep the conversation going.

As Satya noted earlier today, I will now be leading the Xbox, Xbox Live, and creative teams including Xbox Music, Xbox Video and Microsoft Studios as we deliver the next generation of games and entertainment. Combining these teams will strengthen the connection between some of the world’s most innovative creators and those building the Xbox itself. I am incredibly proud of the talented Xbox employees around the world and believe, like they do, in the power of technology to bring games and entertainment to life across console, PC, tablet and mobile devices. It’s been a remarkable year for Xbox and I am honored to lead the team at this incredible time for Microsoft and the games industry.

Xbox is an example of Microsoft identifying a new opportunity, going big after a consumer need and staying committed. From the early days of building the original Xbox, to core technology bets like incorporating the Internet in every box, Microsoft has enabled developers and creators of all sizes - from ID@Xbox to the biggest publishing and entertainment partners – with innovative technology and tools and, most importantly, a connection to the world’s best community of gamers.

The growth of the Xbox community, with over 80 million Xbox owners around the world, is built on the foundation of exclusive franchises, new and original IP and the world’s most popular cross-platform games. Games and gamers have always been at the core of Xbox and the core of my work—and gaming will be our core as we take Xbox forward.

This past year has been a growth experience both for me and for the entire Xbox team. We’ve taken feedback, made our products better and renewed our focus on what is most important, our customer. Our mission is to build a world-class team, work hard to meet the high expectations of a passionate fan base, create the best games and entertainment and drive technical innovation. As we continue forward, this renewed focus and mission will be a foundational part of how I lead the Xbox program.

You will hear much more as we head into E3, but we are at the beginning of an incredible new chapter for Xbox and I can’t wait for the days and years ahead. This is going to be fun.

Phil
@XboxP3

Which is awesome for the division. Dudes awesome and has even answered a few of my questions on twitter.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Gamer83

Phil Spencer is actually a good choice. Once Mattrick left and Spencer took over the Xbox division improved big time. Now was a good time to make him the official leader Xbox.

Gamer83

RR529

Given the topic title, I assume it's okay to talk 360 as well?

Anyhow, just started digging through a bunch of old OXM demo discs I forgot I had, and there are a ton of demos I haven't played yet, so I'm going to start going through them.

Played a demo for a game called Shadow Complex, and that was a pretty sweet "Metroidvania" style game. If our 360 had a hard drive, I'd consider giving it a DL, because it was pretty awesome.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

holchasaur

Hey guys! I put together a preview over at Pure Xbox that outlines the games coming to Xbox consoles in April. Be sure to check it out, comment, and even vote in the poll to let us know which you're most looking forward to. It would be nice to see more of you Xbox owners around the site from time to time.

Feature: These Are The Xbox Games Coming In April

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

3DS Friend Code: 4081-6881-1012 | Nintendo Network ID: DaveRandall | Twitter:

RR529

Played a couple more demos (360) tonight!

Wolfenstein - I'm not a huge FPS fan, but this seemed pretty decent enough. It was easy enough to control (COD style controls), it looked nice, and incinerating enemies with the plasma cannon you got towards the end of it was pretty awesome. It wasn't perfect though, as I found parts of it confusing, especially the part where it urged you to use the Mire (that magic device) to beat that boss, because I wasn't able to figure out how to use it's offensive ability (I still beat the boss via normal means though, so it wasn't that big of a deal). Also (and this is a problem I've had with a lot of big modern day HD games) I found myself a little disoriented at one point, in the area where the station was on fire. Despite there being an indicator giving you the general direction to go, there was so much going on screen (detail wise), I wasn't exactly sure where the path was in all of it. Those are small nitpicks though, and it seemed decent enough overall.

Lucidity - The art direction in this one was simply gorgeous, and the music was nice & soothing. Really the type of game you can relax to. Never been much for puzzle platformers like this though (where the character moves on their own, and you have to place objects in their path to help them out). I probably wouldn't get it, but it seems pleasant enough for those who like such things.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

SCRAPPER392

All I've got to say is:

I hate lag, THIIIIIIIIIS much.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

shingi_70

This cortana stuff for Windows Phone looks pretty awesome. Think i'm going to buy one for my mom so I try it. Looks like they did a good job of leapfrogging siri and coming close to Google Now.

Plus they got the voice of Cortana to open up the show.

WAT!

RR529

Played a little more 360 tonight.

First I played some Red Dead Redemption. Applying usual video game logic, I opened a closet in someone's house looking to snag some money or something, then unexpectedly, I had the marshal after me for robbery, lol (turned myself in though, as I'm trying to build an honorable rep). Played a couple main missions, which were pretty good, even if this is the most raw game I've ever experienced (the second mission I played centered around Seth, which if you've played the game, can understand the eww factor around him).

Needed a little something lighthearted after that, so I got a few rounds of Pac-Man: Championship Edition in. It did just the trick

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RancidVomit86

@Henmii Sorry you can't get Xbox One in Holland yet. I was just saying it makes sense for them to priority on the top markets.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

ocn4lc4pon3

I love my Xbox One period. titanfall is a blast to play & I just picked up Plants VS Zombies: Garden Warfare both great online games that are fun. So far & im not sure everyone loved it but i loved Ryse period. I am a huge hack n slash fan so it hit home with me. Did not play DR3 yet but will eventually once my Wii U addiction clears some since I just got my first Wii U and im hooked.

I also have a PS4 & im bored of it at the moment.

ocn4lc4pon3

SCRAPPER392

I think Xbox One has alot of potential. Hopefully Microsoft does some cool stuff with it... I'm not really interested in Ryse or Forza. Dead Rising 3 is probably the only gane I want right now, but I'm pretty broke after buying the system itself. In due time...

Anyway, Titanfall was pretty addicting at first, but I've come down off of it. The only issue the game has, is that respawn deaths still happen sometimes. Other than that, Titanfall totally blows BF or CoD out of the water. I'm not really sure how people are going to be able to back to non-sci-fi FPS after games like Titanfall or Destiny, They just seem alot better than what CoD and BF are currently offering.

Qwest

shingi_70

Check out Crimson Dragon, Killer Instinct, and Max and the cursed brotherhood.

WAT!

RR529

Played a bit more Red Dead Redemption (360) tonight. The first mission I played tonight was a chariot/wagon race, and while it was actually quite easy once gotten the hang of, the racing mechanics in this game seem a little loose, and racing definitely my least favorite mission type in the game. Second mission I played was a Seth mission (just want to get him out of the way when I get the chance), and it was a more standard combat mission (Just clearing Tumbleweed & the mansion of enemies in your path).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

SCRAPPER392

shingi_70 wrote:

Check out Crimson Dragon, Killer Instinct, and Max and the cursed brotherhood.

Out of those 3, Max is probably the one I'm most interested in. I have the F2P version of KI, which only allows you to play SabreWolf. I'm not very impressed with it. I'd rather play Injustice, Tekken, or Smash Bros, TBH.

Qwest

shingi_70

The F2P charcater switches out every other week I believe.

I'd say KI is a way better game than Smash Bros and Tekken. But than my opinion has been sullied by the FGC.

I have mortal combat/Injustice to be a bit weird since I mainly only play them for the story.

WAT!

SCRAPPER392

It depends. The items and stage variation in Smash Bros. isn't comparable, IMO, and Tekken seems more realistic. I'm kind of torn on Injustice and MK9, but they're about the same, besides the fatalities.

Qwest

shingi_70

For the most part I don't like 3D Plane fighters that much. I tend to like really fast 2D fighters.

Ad far as Injustice vs Mortkal Combat depends on how much you like DC.

WAT!

Gamer83

I thought Injustice did a pretty good job of mixing MK and Street Fighter, my two favorite series in the genre, and then you throw in the DC characters and a fun story mode. I'd say for a singleplayer experience that's probably the best fighter last gen. Pure technical standpoint, SF IV probably tops them all.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic