Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 11,914

banacheck

UTXGamer wrote:

The PS4 was going to have DRM as well. They were smart in holding off on the announcement though.

The day 1 PS4 update removes the DRM feature from what I've read.

I've also read Bigfoot will be buying an XboxOne.

banacheck

shingi_70

While I do think DRM was in the works for the PS4 at one point there is literally no way we could say that it was in the system at launch. Hell the PS4 is so freaking barbones upon launch

Anywho regardless we don't have any DRM on any systems which is a great thing.

Game DVR will be able to upload to skydrive so you can share game your videos pretty much anywhere. originally this was a planned for next year feature with the videos being xbox live only. Sadly the video clips are only five minutes compared to the PS4's 15. I'm hoping they can update it to add more time, maybe when twitch streaming hits early next year. Seems a bit weord to have better editing than the PS4 but less footage to edit.

What are Game DVR and Upload Studio?
Game DVR makes it possible to capture the most epic moments in your gaming experience. You can snap it to the side of your game to begin recording up to five minutes of footage at any time. You get to choose whether you want to capture the last five minutes of gameplay or quickly capture the last 30 seconds simply by saying “Xbox, record that.” Hit the Game DVR notification or say “Xbox, go to Upload Studio” and you will quickly move into the app, where you can create personalized footage — edit multiple game clips together, trim them, add picture-in-picture video, voice over commentary or choose a skin. After you’ve put all of the finishing touches on your video, it will be uploaded to Xbox Live where your friends can see it in your activity feed.

Simply say “Xbox, go to Upload” to view all of your clips or to go back and edit anything you recorded from earlier gameplay.

After editing a clip in Upload Studio, you'll have the option of uploading and sharing content with your Xbox Live friends or the entire community or saving clips to SkyDrive. When you choose Save to SkyDrive, your clips will be saved into a folder titled Xbox Games Clips and the 720p mp4 file syncs across any smartphone, tablet or PC, allowing you to share your greatest game moments anywhere. With your Game DVR clips in SkyDrive, you have complete control over your clips — choose whether you want to share content beyond your Xbox Live community, host it on your own websites, save to your hard drive, wrap in your own intro and more.

We hope you’re excited about sharing your Game DVR clips. We can’t wait to see your best gaming moments and how you creatively edit and share them from Xbox One when it launches this Friday, Nov. 22.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

You can view twitch on the Xbox One but can't stream to it till next year, its the opposite on the PS4. These next gen consoles tend to hurt my head feature wise.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Ryno

EdJericho wrote:

UTXGamer wrote:

The PS4 was going to have DRM as well. They were smart in holding off on the announcement though.

No that was just some rumor the guy from Review Tech USA said that he got from some reliable source. If it were true we would know by now with a simple few steps of just not updating the PS4 day one patch and inserting a used game disc. Seeing as there's been no reports of this revealed it's pretty clear that rumor was false.

Was it false though? PS4's Patent Application for Electronic Content Processing System, Electronic Content Processing Method, Package of Electronic Content, and Use Permission Apparatus: http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20130007892.pdf

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

shingi_70

The Xbox One smartglass is out for WIndows Phone and Windows 8 (Ios and android should be tomorrow) and it makes the PlayStation app look bad.
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

WAT!

shingi_70

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
[img]https://lxwolw.sn2.livefilestore.com/y2p7B-_f0KvGF3DXGZhfLztp-fzXgqdn2QAge5HAZA7DV_ArI0XUBxRvl3RiG5HSmZJavixXLnlFX41ZKFt9ayU6SL1BqaDi-HtpHQVsoxSGCccB3tKe6YCvo9xhBekuIWR/Screenshot%20(278).png[/mg]

WAT!

CanisWolfred

I almost want to buy Crimson Dragon on the premise that a good, budget-priced rail-Shooter is given a decent amount of attention. And deservedly so, it looks and sounds very fun. I'm still not getting an Xbox One after my horrid experience with the 360, but at least those who do buy it have something good to play besides Titanfall.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

@Caniswolfred

I dunno the launch titles with the expection of lococyclw are reviewing pretty well. Ryse is pro ablythe only big game I'm worried about.

WAT!

UTXGamer

EdJericho wrote:

UTXGamer wrote:

No that was just some rumor the guy from Review Tech USA said that he got from some reliable source. If it were true we would know by now with a simple few steps of just not updating the PS4 day one patch and inserting a used game disc. Seeing as there's been no reports of this revealed it's pretty clear that rumor was false.

Fair enough, although to do that you'd have to buy a PS4 and buy a used game(which would likely be priced barely under the cost of a new game). Who would actually want or care enough to do that?

The next batch of PS4s will more than likely come with the update installed(as Nintendo did with the Wii U). I have a hard time believing they weren't initially planning on including DRM this gen but decided to hold off and announce around E3, or let MS announce first, and make changes accordingly.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/AgentCarmichael

Nintendo Network ID: AgentCarmichael

CanisWolfred

I'm still not quite convinced that Dead Rising isn't a soulless, focus-tested, marketing trap, but it does have a Mega Man X suit, so I guess it gets a pass, too.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jaz007

UTXGamer wrote:

EdJericho wrote:

UTXGamer wrote:

Fair enough, although to do that you'd have to buy a PS4 and buy a used game(which would likely be priced barely under the cost of a new game). Who would actually want or care enough to do that?

The next batch of PS4s will more than likely come with the update installed(as Nintendo did with the Wii U). I have a hard time believing they weren't initially planning on including DRM this gen but decided to hold off and announce around E3, or let MS announce first, and make changes accordingly.

Someone could also just borrow a game from a friend too to test it out.

Jaz007

Slayer

I'm pretty much getting the new Minecraft, COD:Ghosts, Battlefield 4, and Dead Rising 3, then I'll see what looks good from there. I choose the Xbox version over PC because, well, I want to play it on Xbox. I may be better on PC but I just like the Xbox version better.
(Also look at my sig. People actually do think the XB One will be bad.)

Edited on by Slayer

I have nothing really to say about myself.

RR529

Leave it to an Xbox promotion to screw up fair chances...

I bought a couple of Mountain Dew bottles this past week for a chance to win an Xbox One, and it ends up not being an instant win promotion.

Instead, your codes are worth a set amount of points (100 each for 20oz. lids), and once you build up enough, you can bid them in an auction to win a console. Unfortunately, this means people who buy in moderation (or who don't have the money to buy a lot), will NEVER be able to compete with the people who have enough money to buy loads & loads of Mountain Dew & Doritos (the other sponsor).

As it stands right now, you'd need 40,000+ points to win any given auction. At least in an instant win promotion, even if you can only buy two or three bottles, each one of those at least gives you a chance.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

shingi_70

@RR529'

I belive its both and dude this has been known since August when the thing started. A lot of the guys winning are getting their office or job to drink dew and getting the codes from the bottle return.

Smartglass One is out for ios and Android. Damn its nice and fast plus I like how much like Twitter or Miiverse the friends list works.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/11/xbox-one-xbox-smartglass

Polygon has an interview with Phll Spencer that's great. Dude seems to be in charge like Yoshida and its interesting to see how quickly and for the better things changed once Mattrick left the company.

WAT!

shingi_70

Not sure if the PS4 does it but I like that Microsoft copied the thing wjhere when you launch a game it shows a full screen image before going into the game.

Lots of positive reviews which are when it works its amazing but when it borks up less so. Unless you really want something new wait till next year on both consoles.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

I'll post more tomororow cause im beat. time to watch some livstreams and sleep.

WAT!

RancidVomit86

Forza 5 is getting great reviews as I expected. Turn 10 makes the best racing games

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

AlexSays

RancidVomit86 wrote:

Forza 5 is getting great reviews as I expected. Turn 10 makes the best racing games

I bet Turn 10 was hoping for a much higher aggregate score.

Their games have always been >90.

AlexSays

shingi_70

Metacritic Scores thus far

Forza Motorsport- 82
Dead Rising 3- 78
Killer Instinct- 73
Zoo Tycoon- 78
Powerstar Golf- 67
Crimson Dragon- 55
Lococycle- 51

WAT!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic