Metacritic Scores thus far

Forza Motorsport- 82
Dead Rising 3- 78
Killer Instinct- 73
Zoo Tycoon- 78
Powerstar Golf- 67
Crimson Dragon- 55
Lococycle- 51

Crimson Dragon and Lococycle reception bums me out. Those were two that I was extremely interested in. :/

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

3DS Friend Code: 4081-6881-1012 | Nintendo Network ID: DaveRandall | Twitter:

shingi_70

Crimson Dragon has the the weird IAP's that shouldn't be in the game and Lococycle looks like my kind of crazy.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

One thing I like about the X1 UI is how pins work. I was really looking forward to pins when the feature was announced for the xbox 360, thinking it would be similar to how it works in Windows 8 and phone.

On xbox 360 its a sub menu that looks like this
Untitled

The Xbone allows you to see pins directly off the darhboard
Untitled
Untitled

A list of all of Microsoft dev's and their projects.
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

Crimson Dragon is getting patched that should fix the free to play aspects of the game. All of these microtranactions make me wary as hell for future Microsoft studios games despite some of them being good. Multiplayer IAPs I don't mind espicaly if its a co-op game but it shouldn't impact single player at all. Apprarently GT6 is doing it the same way as forza which Is sad.

WAT!

RancidVomit86

@shingi_70 I kinda hate that devs want to bring FtP to consoles. It works on phones so leave it alone. I don't like it on pc either. I would rather just buy the game and pay a subscription fee.

In other news...midnight tonight everyone!

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

the_shpydar

I was in Manhattan today, and not wanting to head back to the office, I wandered into Times Square. Microsoft had two big vans outside the Toys R Us, each with 4 demo units attached, with Forza, FIFA and Killer Instinct. I didn't get a chance to play at all, and for the record I don't plan on picking up an XB1 any time soon (or perhaps at all), but I have to say that the games looked absolutely amazing to watch in person.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

shingi_70

First PS4 buyer with the first Xbox One buyer.
Untitled

WAT!

shingi_70

Xbox One games montage

Its weird people are saying Microsoft should have announced more when expect for smaller games which spencer says will get announced closer to next year, MSoft had more announced first party wise than sony did up until TGS.

WAT!

RR529

Since I posted their PS4 launch impressions, it's only fair I follow up with their XO launch impressions...

Cordova, TN; November 22, in the year of our Lord 2013--Family Friendly Gaming, the industry leader in covering the family friendly video games is excited by the Xbox One Launch. When we talk about the last console generation the Wii dominated, followed by the Playstation 3, and just barely behind was the Xbox One. The Kinect peripheral dominated in North America. In fact the Xbox 360 trounced the Playstation 3 in North America. We are talking complete and total domination. Microsoft had issues breaking into Japan. Sony also soundly beat Microsoft in Europe. Will the next home console generation go the same way? The Wii U has been limping along for a year now. Both the Playstation 4 and the Xbox One can catch it within the first year.

The upgrades to Kinect on the Xbox One is one of the most exciting things about this home console. There are more titles for families on the Xbox One. Games like Forza Motorsport 5, Zoo Tycoon, Project Spark, and Kinect Sports Rivals. With even more coming soon. Families will actually have something to play on the Xbox One. The down side is the price - $499.99. That is a lot of money for most families. It is doubtful that a price drop will happen in the next two years either. Microsoft may create a separate package – one without the Kinect sensor. So families can ease their way into the next generation home console system.

The worst part about the Xbox One launch is finding a system. Microsoft needs to crank up production to meet the demand. Microsoft has the most well rounded release of the Big Three. They need to capitalize on it in North America. Take care of those who took care of them first. Microsoft is strong in North America, and Family Friendly Gaming Nation hopes they think of that when allocating where to sell initial systems. The latest home console generation war has begun. Microsoft is the odds on favorite to win. Will they succeed in winning a home console generation? Is the third time the charm? You the readers decide that.

God bless,
Paul Bury
Family Friendly Gaming

Although apprehensive of the price, they seem to have a much, much more favorable opinion of it than they did the PS4, especially Kinect...

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Peach64

Over a million sold day one again, although it was worldwide, so not as impressive sounding as PS4, but they probably sold out so really couldn't get a higher number. I think this just proves that the excuse about people not wanting to buy expensive stuff in this financial climate being why the Wii U is struggling is wrong. Not saying Wii U is doomed, not at all, but a lot of people still refuse to acknowledge Nintendo screwed up with their games during year one and would prefer to find other reasons that are out of Nintendo's control. However, all around gaming records are being broken. GTA V, PS4 and now Xbox One. The game industry is very much alive and kicking.

Peach64

SCRAPPER392

@Peach64
The Wii U sold well on launch, too, though. The argument was whether there was software, which pushed sales, and a "weak" first year hardly means anything when we're talking a "lone wolf" system. No one will support a lone console when more are on the way, because everything would be exclusive at that point.

For the record, the Wii U didn't really have a chance, being the only system available. PS4, Xbox One, and Wii U games all contribute to each other. Obviously, Xbox One and PS4 will have the similar games based off the same architecture, but the Wii U will make sure it has the second screen option available for itself and others as time goes by.

They're all 8th gen systems and things can only get better since they're all out now since the playing field is all in check.

I'm not even being biased, here. I'll probably get an Xbox One eventually.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

CanisWolfred

Good to know both consoles are doing well. Goes to show the recent slump we had was just generation fatigue, and people are raring for something new. I'm sure both consoles will be big sellers in March, where both of them get their biggest games yet.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

Damn Corrinne YU just left 343 for Naughty Dog. That was a huge loss for the soft and a huge get for Sony.

@CountWavula

I wouldn't say its all the same its just what you want in a game. I mean at the end of the day you can only do so much from a gameplay perspective but its how you build your world etc. I mean as much as I love indie games I hate how the majority of them are throwback 2D platforms these days.

Still a bit influx on what system to get. If that PS4/Vita bundle comes to America i'm there day one. But on the flipside while PS4 has the most indies and some good games, the ONE has my two most antipcated next gen games in Killer instinct and Quantum Break. Quantum Break in Partiuclar mught be the most innovative game gameplay wise.
Untitled

WAT!

shingi_70

Untitled

We were supposed to get more details on ID@Xbox and indie games today, but its been pushed back till the week after Thanksgiving. Its probably to keep the Xbox One in the news cycle having a indie unveiling (Plus what lift London is doing) alongside more AAA bombs coming that week in the VGAs.

We know the indies already announced for the system are
Videoball from Action Button
Gunsport from Necrosoft
Below from Capybara Games
A game featuring cats which was at the last PAX and is most likely Mewgenics by Team Meat

We can also tell who's in the program (or who already had non ID dev kits) by who's the ID@Xbox annount is following on twitter.

Exato Game Studios
Xona Games
Oneksoft Games
CellarDoorGames
Capybara
Amplitude Studios
Complusion Games
sparsvector
Younghorses
Mojang
gutefabrik
supergiant games
double fine
Chris hecker
Vlambeer
Necrosoft

WAT!

shingi_70

@CanisWolfred

Yeah all of the naysayers saying what happened to the Wii U would happen to the others had me worried for console gaming for a bit. It also makes me why exactly did the WIi U have such a soft response that it threw the viability of the other 8th gen consoles into question. Is it that beyond guys here who are in the Nintendo bubble no one use casual or Gamer really cares beyond maybe one or two games.

WAT!

CanisWolfred

shingi_70 wrote:

@CanisWolfred

Yeah all of the naysayers saying what happened to the Wii U would happen to the others had me worried for console gaming for a bit. It also makes me why exactly did the WIi U have such a soft response that it threw the viability of the other 8th gen consoles into question. Is it that beyond guys here who are in the Nintendo bubble no one use casual or Gamer really cares beyond maybe one or two games.

It's tough to say, but I'd put it down to Nintendo's half-@$$ed approach to marketing the game. They haven't done enough to make it seem that interesting to hardcore gamers (not entirely their fault, since 3rd Parties didn't seem to want to be on board in the first place), and they've only recently tried to produce abd market the games that casuals would be into.

Another issue that the Wii U has was that there wasn't enough exciting new IPs to mark it as a brand new console. Sure there was ZombiU, but that was always going to be a bit more niche since they claimed to be going for the Souls crowd who love a challenge. Then there's Wonderful 101, but that wasn't given enough attention, and had a conflicting style to it (bright and cartoony, but complex and actually pretty difficult) that ultimately made it unappealing for those not in the know. The Xbox One has the most new IPs, especially for the hardcore crowd, and it wouldn't surprise me if it does better in the long run by the end of the fiscal year than the PS4, since most of the new IPs for Sony are indie games (many of which are also on PC). Plus Somy already announced a bundle with their big game, inFamous: Second Sun, which should cause some people to hold off until they can get it with the game they probably want most.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

I always thought Nintendo didn't and still doesn't have a target audience for the WIi U besides the Nintendo consumer who would have bought it anyway. They pushed big at E3 2011 that they were pushing for the Hardcore gamer back showing an impressive highlight real and everything. But when E3 2012 hit they tried to keep that going despite not having anything to show and showing stuff like Just dance. It didn't help that the monster game turned into uber niche ZombiU and the exclusive Ghost Recon game turned into Vaporware. I feel that they had a year but decided not to target anyone and let all of their advantges dwindle.

Take Indie support the Wii U was first out to gate and had a pretty decent indie launch line up and people talking the programs praises. Now only a year or so later Sony is in the lead by grabbing the big indie developers and Microsoft is making huge gains by having the ID@xbox program match sony/nintendo key for key even doing the free Unity like Nintendo, and next year any retail kit will be able to function as a dev kit.

WAT!

shingi_70

@CountWavula

Even with Quantum Break I was talking about the gameplay when it comes to things like story choice and the such. Remember gameplay doesn't just fall on simple measures. Its too bad your going to miss out on Gameplay because you refuse to play games that won't support a Niche control method. When Nintendo decided to make the gamepad the focus of the system I knew Motion controls were deader than dead.

"First and foremost, it's a game. It's a big, cinematic, story driven action adventure. In many ways, we're taking everything we've learned from previous games and raising the bar much higher.

At the same time, almost as a feature of the game, it is an entertainment experience, and with that it's a fusion of a game and a live action show. So...once again, like with Alan Wake, we're using episodic TV series-esque basing for the storytelling, but it still ships on one disc, everything, both the game and the show.

And the idea is...they're meant to be consumed together, and the idea is that you first play through an act of the game, and then you get to watch an episode of the show. And so they're...kind of, acts of the game are inter-weaved with the episodes of the show. And what we have there kind of as a connecting tissue is that we have these moments of choice that are related to the fiction of time powers, and the antagonist, Paul Serene (sp?) who has the most powerful time powers of all. He has this, ability, this...junction ability, where he can see glimpses of different futures, of different timelines.

And actually in these junction moments, it's always like...a dynamic, player created cliffhanger at the end of each act of the game. You get to play the bad guy, you get to explore these glimpses and visions of two different futures at each junction point, and you make a choice which future comes to be. And with that, we shift to an episode of the show, and immediately there at the beginning of each episode, the first scene already clearly shows you alternate content depending on which choice you make.

And it works both ways, so very much, kind of, what you have in the game and what you do in the game reflects your custom experience of the show, but then again when you watch an episode of the show, you see things, learn things, that are clues for you when you go back to the next act of the game and play it through, with those clues you can find certain things and unlock further material."

WAT!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic