Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 1,181 to 1,200 of 1,771

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,181. Posted:

EdJericho wrote:

UTXGamer wrote:

The PS4 was going to have DRM as well. They were smart in holding off on the announcement though.

The day 1 PS4 update removes the DRM feature from what I've read.

No that was just some rumor the guy from Review Tech USA said that he got from some reliable source. If it were true we would know by now with a simple few steps of just not updating the PS4 day one patch and inserting a used game disc. Seeing as there's been no reports of this revealed it's pretty clear that rumor was false.

Was it false though? PS4's Patent Application for Electronic Content Processing System, Electronic Content Processing Method, Package of Electronic Content, and Use Permission Apparatus: http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20130007892.pdf

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

EdJericho

1,182. Posted:

@Ryno

Sony patents a lot of things and never use it. Sony had a patent for DRM back before the PS3 came out also and that never ended up getting included in the system either.

Edited on by EdJericho

PS3 / 360 / Wii U - EdJericho

3DS Friend Code: 4468-1047-3876 | Nintendo Network ID: EdJericho

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,183. Posted:

The Xbox One smartglass is out for WIndows Phone and Windows 8 (Ios and android should be tomorrow) and it makes the PlayStation app look bad.
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,184. Posted:

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
[img]https://lxwolw.sn2.livefilestore.com/y2p7B-_f0KvGF3DXGZhfLztp-fzXgqdn2QAge5HAZA7DV_ArI0XUBxRvl3RiG5HSmZJavixXLnlFX41ZKFt9ayU6SL1BqaDi-HtpHQVsoxSGCccB3tKe6YCvo9xhBekuIWR/Screenshot%20(278).png[/mg]

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

DRL

1,185. Posted:

We've started our review roundups at Pure Xbox! Come chat with us!

Crimson Dragon
http://www.purexbox.com/news/2013/11/round_up_crimson_dragon_...

Dead Rising 3
http://www.purexbox.com/news/2013/11/round_up_dead_rising_3_r...

US Editor, Pure Xbox
US Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Twitter: DaveLetcavage

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,186. Posted:

I almost want to buy Crimson Dragon on the premise that a good, budget-priced rail-Shooter is given a decent amount of attention. And deservedly so, it looks and sounds very fun. I'm still not getting an Xbox One after my horrid experience with the 360, but at least those who do buy it have something good to play besides Titanfall.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,187. Posted:

@Caniswolfred

I dunno the launch titles with the expection of lococyclw are reviewing pretty well. Ryse is pro ablythe only big game I'm worried about.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

UTXGamer

1,188. Posted:

EdJericho wrote:

UTXGamer wrote:

The PS4 was going to have DRM as well. They were smart in holding off on the announcement though.

No that was just some rumor the guy from Review Tech USA said that he got from some reliable source. If it were true we would know by now with a simple few steps of just not updating the PS4 day one patch and inserting a used game disc. Seeing as there's been no reports of this revealed it's pretty clear that rumor was false.

Fair enough, although to do that you'd have to buy a PS4 and buy a used game(which would likely be priced barely under the cost of a new game). Who would actually want or care enough to do that?

The next batch of PS4s will more than likely come with the update installed(as Nintendo did with the Wii U). I have a hard time believing they weren't initially planning on including DRM this gen but decided to hold off and announce around E3, or let MS announce first, and make changes accordingly.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/AgentCarmichael

Nintendo Network ID: AgentCarmichael

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,189. Posted:

I'm still not quite convinced that Dead Rising isn't a soulless, focus-tested, marketing trap, but it does have a Mega Man X suit, so I guess it gets a pass, too.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

1,190. Posted:

UTXGamer wrote:

EdJericho wrote:

UTXGamer wrote:

Fair enough, although to do that you'd have to buy a PS4 and buy a used game(which would likely be priced barely under the cost of a new game). Who would actually want or care enough to do that?

The next batch of PS4s will more than likely come with the update installed(as Nintendo did with the Wii U). I have a hard time believing they weren't initially planning on including DRM this gen but decided to hold off and announce around E3, or let MS announce first, and make changes accordingly.

Someone could also just borrow a game from a friend too to test it out.

Currently playing: Torchlight 2 , Rune Factory 4, Dust: An Elysian Trail, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Uncharted 3.

AuthorMessage

EdJericho

1,191. Posted:

UTXGamer wrote:

You don't need to buy a used game it's just a matter of someone lending you a copy. I'm sure there was plenty of friends that all went together to buy a PS4 for their own along with their own copies of games. This isn't an idea I just made up now this was something people have mentioned since the day one update was surfaced so at the very least one person from the million buyers out there must have tried it. There really wasn't much proof to PS4 using DRM other than some patents (which again they had some DRM patents prior to the PS3 release) unlike the Xbox One that had time over time ordeals surfacing about always online features and such. There's also a interview over a year ago (which is why I found it hard to believe PS4 was gonna block used games) with Jack Tretton being asked what his thoughts on used games were and he replied something along the lines about used game buyers are an important part of the gaming industry (you can look up the article over at PushSquare.com which is where I saw it).

PS3 / 360 / Wii U - EdJericho

3DS Friend Code: 4468-1047-3876 | Nintendo Network ID: EdJericho

AuthorMessage

Slayer

1,192. Posted:

I'm pretty much getting the new Minecraft, COD:Ghosts, Battlefield 4, and Dead Rising 3, then I'll see what looks good from there. I choose the Xbox version over PC because, well, I want to play it on Xbox. I may be better on PC but I just like the Xbox version better.
(Also look at my sig. People actually do think the XB One will be bad.)

Edited on by Slayer

"Hello sir, may I take your order?"
"Yes, I'll have a cheeseburger and fries..."
"I AM the cheeseburger and fries!"
Things you need to know about me:
I hate Texas.

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,193. Posted:

Leave it to an Xbox promotion to screw up fair chances...

I bought a couple of Mountain Dew bottles this past week for a chance to win an Xbox One, and it ends up not being an instant win promotion.

Instead, your codes are worth a set amount of points (100 each for 20oz. lids), and once you build up enough, you can bid them in an auction to win a console. Unfortunately, this means people who buy in moderation (or who don't have the money to buy a lot), will NEVER be able to compete with the people who have enough money to buy loads & loads of Mountain Dew & Doritos (the other sponsor).

As it stands right now, you'd need 40,000+ points to win any given auction. At least in an instant win promotion, even if you can only buy two or three bottles, each one of those at least gives you a chance.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,194. Posted:

@RR529'

I belive its both and dude this has been known since August when the thing started. A lot of the guys winning are getting their office or job to drink dew and getting the codes from the bottle return.

Smartglass One is out for ios and Android. Damn its nice and fast plus I like how much like Twitter or Miiverse the friends list works.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/11/xbox-one-xbox-smartglass

Polygon has an interview with Phll Spencer that's great. Dude seems to be in charge like Yoshida and its interesting to see how quickly and for the better things changed once Mattrick left the company.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,195. Posted:

Not sure if the PS4 does it but I like that Microsoft copied the thing wjhere when you launch a game it shows a full screen image before going into the game.

Lots of positive reviews which are when it works its amazing but when it borks up less so. Unless you really want something new wait till next year on both consoles.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

I'll post more tomororow cause im beat. time to watch some livstreams and sleep.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

1,196. Posted:

Forza 5 is getting great reviews as I expected. Turn 10 makes the best racing games

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

1,197. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

Forza 5 is getting great reviews as I expected. Turn 10 makes the best racing games

I bet Turn 10 was hoping for a much higher aggregate score.

Their games have always been >90.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,198. Posted:

Metacritic Scores thus far

Forza Motorsport- 82
Dead Rising 3- 78
Killer Instinct- 73
Zoo Tycoon- 78
Powerstar Golf- 67
Crimson Dragon- 55
Lococycle- 51

WAT!

AuthorMessage

DRL

1,199. Posted:

Lower scores than usual, or not, the Xbox One launch lineup is looking mighty healthy!

Here's our Forza 5 Review Round Up.
http://www.purexbox.com/news/2013/11/round_up_forza_5_reviews...

US Editor, Pure Xbox

AuthorMessage

DRL

1,200. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Metacritic Scores thus far

Forza Motorsport- 82
Dead Rising 3- 78
Killer Instinct- 73
Zoo Tycoon- 78
Powerstar Golf- 67
Crimson Dragon- 55
Lococycle- 51

Crimson Dragon and Lococycle reception bums me out. Those were two that I was extremely interested in. :/

US Editor, Pure Xbox