Forums

Topic: Why the PlayStation 3 is better than the Xbox 360.

Posts 281 to 300 of 340

Knux

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

Yes, and I read one claim that the new Elite bundles with Halo 3 and Fable 2 in them are earlier models as well! What a dirty trick, enticing people to buy their inferior hardware with free games!

@Stuffgamer1-Wow, I actually cannot believe that Microsoft would to do that. Microsoft are such @$$%^&*S.

@Bahamut ZERO-I told you the PS3 is better than the Xbox 360. You should sell your Xbox 360 and buy a PS3.

Edited on by Knux

Knux

Bahamut_ZERO

@SuperSonic: I'm annoyed as shit now, words cannot say. I go to Gamestop last year:

"Can I have a new Xbox 360? The newer models so I don't get RROD."
"Uh, sure, but we have a holiday bundle, you can also get 2 free games with it."
"Okay thanks."
I go home, it says REFURBISHED on the box.
"Excuse me, I asked for a new 360, this is refurbished."
"Okay, I'll exchange it for a new one."
He comes back, it's new, I get home, open it, and play Halo: CE.

Little did I know I did not get what I asked for. Goddammit, I'm so pissed right now!

Though that doesn't mean that the PS3 is better than 360. Only that Microsoft is a load of jackasses who don't care shit about you by tricking you to by their shitty versions when you ask for a new one with shitty customer support.

I am getting a PS3 also, this is the last straw. I need it so I can play my highly-anticipated multi-plat games this year should my 360 RROD. And for Little Big Planet, and version of FFXIII that won't have load timesevery 2.78 seconds.

Bahamut_ZERO

Adam

Gamestop employees are not generally that well informed. Stuffgamer1 obviously being an exception. I went yesterday to return an opened, new accessory for a refund, as the receipt says I can, but he wasn't reading it right and told me I could only get the refund in store credit... I didn't feel like arguing, so I just took the credit and got Knights in the Nightmare for DS. I also overheard one of them telling another customer that you need to subscribe to Xbox Live to download games. Sigh.

Oh, and I almost forgot the absolute worst example. My friend bought a used PS3 a week ago. The next day it won't play games and is running very slowly. He brings it back, and one of them tells him, "Oh, it was doing that before."

W
T
F

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Knux

@Bahamut ZERO-Of course Microsoft does not care, they have so much money in the first place that they think they can get away with anything. They rushed their console, and this is the result. Also, it looks like Gamestop lied to you and ripped you off. Gamestop is a horrible business, they only care about money. Let me know when you buy a PS3, and I'll add you. You should buy Metal Gear Solid 4 and Soul Calibur IV with your PS3.

Knux

Bahamut_ZERO

@Adam: There''s one really, really good employee who works at that Gamestop, but he wasn't there that day, and I thought I might as well go to the others.

Biggest. Mistake. Ever.

@SuperSonic: Well this was first experience with Microsoft in a long time (my Windows and Word programs are years old), and I didn't know how bad it was going to be. Nintendo is filthy rich and they have the best customer support I have ever known. Microsoft sucks. Bunch of lying bastards.

Though honestly, Sony's customer support isn't all that good. They almost made me waste $100 on refurbishing my PSP when all I needed was a new charger (which that really good Gamestop employee figured out).

Edited on by Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO

Supermarioman

I know a Gamestop employee who is decent! EX:
Me: Do you have any copies of (whatever I said)?
He checks Computer.
Him: It says no but I'll check the stock.
One Minute Later.
Him: What do you know we have a copy!
Me: I'll Take it!
And thats the only good gamestop employee I ever met, we also just talked about video games for 30 minutes when the store wasn't busy.

Supermarioman

battledevil789

Bahamut+ZERO wrote:

Wait, the 2008 budles were actually 2006 Xbox's!!!! Oh shit, I didn't buy the extended warranty because my failure rate was supposed to be below 3%!! It's actually 15%!

head explodes

DAMN YOU MICROSOFT!!!!!

I will no longer argue pro-360! I was lied to!

lies lies lies you got a Jasper model which is the best one yet dont believe these people

battledevil789

Adam

And why should anyone believe your completely unbacked claim? Lies, lies, lies. It's easy to say to anyone if you don't bother to support yourself.

Come on, friends,

battledevil789

weirdadam wrote:

And why should anyone believe your completely unbacked claim? Lies, lies, lies. It's easy to say to anyone if you don't bother to support yourself.

ign,gamespot and other game news sites comfirmed last year around october the Jasper models came out
"The initial motherboard version was known as "Xenon" and used a 203W power supply. The "Zephyr" revision was largely the same aside from the addition of an HDMI port. "Falcon" incorporated a 65nm CPU, but still used a 90nm GPU, and came packaged with a 175W power supply. "Jasper" (released late August or early September 2008)"

Edited on by battledevil789

battledevil789

Bahamut_ZERO

@battledevil: But I bought the holiday bundle, not the system by itself! The bundle came with the 2006 model!!

CURSE YOU MICROSOFT!!!!

Bahamut_ZERO

Stuffgamer1

@Adam: They KNEW it was broken but they STILL SOLD IT TO HIM?!? That's a new low for Gamestop employees, at least that I've heard of. Not knowing about Xbox Live Silver being good enough to access Live Arcade is sadly a fairly common problem. I have no idea why.

@battledevil789: None of what you've said confirms that Microsoft didn't find some older models in storage somewhere and decide to pack them in bundles. This is standard procedure for Microsoft, yet it's one of the lesser-known ones.

To be fair, I didn't know for sure that the current Elite bundle had older hardware in it until yesterday. I should've thought of it, given company history, but I forgot. I wouldn't put ANY of the blame for that on a Gamestop employee, as it's definitely one of the things you're least likely to know about, even if you ARE a huge gaming geek like me. Still, the situation really sucks, and I sympathize with Bahamut ZERO.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Bahamut_ZERO

@stuffgamer: It's amazing how one revelation stopped a 14-page argument. I can't wait till I get a PS3 so I can pay LBP (and not worry about RROD), which is the driving force of me getting the system. I want that badly.

I just really,8really* hope I don't RROD before December, I must play Firefight with my friends!

Edited on by Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO

Adam

I had the same reaction when he told me. And about the XBLA thing, I don't know why it's so hard to understand either. I've known at least two 360 owners who didn't know that, and I had to explain it to them, despite not owning the system myself. Otherwise, they'd never have even connected online. But I expect someone who works at a game store to know better.

I don't mean to generalize about all employees, by the way. Just saying that, given these handful of bad examples, one shouldn't expect too much.

Come on, friends,

Stuffgamer1

Oh, yeah, I'm well aware that the majority of Gamestop employees tend to seem like know-nothing A-holes. Which is a real shame, because the store I work at is a huge exception to the rule, but it still reflects badly upon us.

It's funny. Even after I got my PS3, I was still defending my 360 to a point. That point was when it went RRoD the second time, and with far less warning than I had the first time (first time, it started freezing up sooner and sooner after turning on, then went RRoD; second time, no such warning). I immediately decided that was the one best possible reason to get my multi-system games on PS3. You can really only defend Microsoft so long until they screw you over bad enough.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

clicketyclick

battledevil789 wrote:

Bahamut+ZERO wrote:

Wait, the 2008 budles were actually 2006 Xbox's!!!! Oh shit, I didn't buy the extended warranty because my failure rate was supposed to be below 3%!! It's actually 15%!

head explodes

DAMN YOU MICROSOFT!!!!!

I will no longer argue pro-360! I was lied to!

lies lies lies you got a Jasper model which is the best one yet dont believe these people

No need for word fights. Just check your 360 to know for sure. If your console says 12.1A to the left of the barcode, it's Jasper (it should say something like "12V—12.1A;5V—1A"). If it says 14.2A instead, it's a Falcon. If it's higher than that you were totally screwed. That's the power usage (V = volts, A = amps), which was reduced with Jasper chips.

It also says it above the power input if you still have no idea what I'm talking about. It should say something like "12V DC, 12.1A; etc. etc."

Edited on by clicketyclick

Now Playing: Bioshock

Bahamut_ZERO

It says "12V......14.2A.......5V...1A."

So that means I got a Falcon version? What's the fail rate on that/

prays it's below 10%

Bahamut_ZERO

CanisWolfred

AlexSays wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

console wars always start because people don't want to feel like they made the wrong choice.

And that's wrong.

This has become one of the most annoying assertions thrown around on gaming sites. It's like a way of wanna-be elitists taking a jab at those debating over consoles.

The idea that people criticize other products because they're trying to justify their purchase, and it's impossible to legitimately dislike a product, is absolutely laughable.

More than absolutely laughable. Like as laughable as laughable can get. Especially when those participating in 'console wars' have the console they're criticizing, like I often do with the Wii.

Hm, really? Then I guess I'll never understand why people argue over consoles. Perhaps it's the same reason that people argue over sports teams? Or maybe people just like to argue? More likely it's something that I'll just never understand...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Knux

Bahamut+ZERO wrote:

prays it's below 10%

I just read on the internet that the Jasper's failure rate is 13%.

Knux

Stuffgamer1

Falcon's fail rate is the one that was supposed to be between 13 and 17%, apparently.

@clicketyclick: That helps people who just bought a system, but still doesn't tell me what my chipset is after Microsoft fixed it this year. They could've put a different chipset inside the same shell for all I know!

clicketyclick

Bahamut+ZERO wrote:

prays it's below 10%

It was pegged by an insider (a Microsoft engineer) to be about 10%. It was pegged by consumer reports at slightly over 16%. One thing's for certain: the existence of Jasper means that Microsoft tacitly admitted that Falcon quickly (within 1 year!) needed to be revised.

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

@clicketyclick: That helps people who just bought a system, but still doesn't tell me what my chipset is after Microsoft fixed it this year. They could've put a different chipset inside the same shell for all I know!

I highly doubt they put a Jasper in. They put either an Opus or a Falcon in. Unless you have a 1st gen 360, there is no way they downgraded you and put in one of the original awful chipsets into the shell (as much as I'm sure they would have liked to), because the original chipsets won't work with the new power supplies. It required way more power.

Now Playing: Bioshock

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.