Forums

Topic: Why the PlayStation 3 is better than the Xbox 360.

Posts 301 to 320 of 340

Stuffgamer1

@clicketyclick: I told you I have an Elite, so I'd say it's not a 1st gen 360.
It probably has the Falcon set again, same as it had when they shipped it to me in the first place. I'd like to know why they didn't just replace the unit like they did the FIRST time I got RRoD. Only reason I can think of is that my first RRoD was in November 2007, and they wanted to get it back to me in time for Christmas (which they did). The second RRoD in February 2009 probably didn't require the same rush in their minds. Or something. I dunno. I do think it took a bit longer the second time, though.

I used to have a coworker who could tell which chipset a console had by the serial number, come to think of it. He made sure to get my brother a Falcon (best available at the time) Elite instead of the first Elite model. I miss him...cool guy, great friend. But he's in Japan now (military wife). But I digress (as usual).

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Bahamut_ZERO

How much does sending in your 360 for RROD cost anyway? Cause my warranty is about to expire

Bahamut_ZERO

clicketyclick

@Stuffgamer: the "you" was a general you. I guess one would normally say "one" instead, but that makes one sound rather pretentious, doesn't it?

Very simple: they didn't replace your 360 because they saw they already did, and it costs them more money to replace than to refurbish. They already ate a $1 billion loss and they didn't want to add much more to it when they didn't have to. They already had the good press that they were addressing the problem by extending warranties and replacing 360s that by 2009, they didn't need to be nice anymore. MS does act differently to its customers based on their influence level. For gaming press whose 360s die, MS reps give them new Elites. Only when the common gamer could cause a fuss by the sheer number of them having problems with the 360 did they give the common gamer the same sort of treatment. Now you're back to the regular type of treatment.

Oh and serial numbers aren't that reliable. Your friend was basically going off the premise that after a certain manufacturing date, there's no way that MS would slip in the old hardware! No way! The only way to know for sure is power consumption and, because of its relation to power consumption, power connector type.

@Bahamut: some people say $50, many others cite numbers over $100. It really depends on how your 360 malfunctions because of the different policies MS has in place in response to negative press. RRoD is one thing, RLoD is another, disc-scratching is a whole different ball-game, etc.

Since MS has actually taken responsibility for RRoDs, it'll probably be cheaper to get that repaired. MS still won't admit responsibility for RLoD or disc-scratching, despite investigative reports proving that the console is to blame, not users. YMMV.

Now Playing: Bioshock

battledevil789

people shouldent worry about there 360 getting a RROD unless they got it at launch i play mine a hell of alot everyday and i have no cooler and i have yet to get a RROD i had it for 3 months u just need to give it some ventalation

battledevil789

WolfRamHeart

battledevil789 wrote:

people shouldent worry about there 360 getting a RROD unless they got it at launch i play mine a hell of alot everyday and i have no cooler and i have yet to get a RROD i had it for 3 months u just need to give it some ventalation

Try telling that to my last 3 Xbox 360 consoles that got the RROD.

WolfRamHeart

ItsFuzzyPickles

What's with all the arguement about?

Well, this takes me to the crying and ******** of formal Nintendo fanboys who are never pleased nowadays. Now people, end this arguement so we can focus on other things.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

Knux

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

What's with all the arguement about?

Well, this takes me to the crying and ******** of formal Nintendo fanboys who are never pleased nowadays. Now people, end this arguement so we can focus on other things.

Nonsense, this topic is intresting because we are actually debating about something. The PlayStation 3 is better than the Xbox 360. I'm trying to show people the truth about this. I also started this entire topic.

Edited on by Knux

Knux

WolfRamHeart

I still enjoy my Xbox 360 but after being burned by Microsoft three times it kind of left a sour taste in my mouth.

WolfRamHeart

Bass_X0

I don't care about what the better console is - I just care about whats right for me. And thats the Wii and XBox 360. These two console provide my gaming desires a whole lot more than the PS3 can.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Bahamut_ZERO

@Super Smash Bros Fan: Because arguing is fun! That's why I'm here anyways.
@Bass X0: Wow, you're the first person to share my opinion in this entire thread. You sir, deserve a cookie.

Bahamut_ZERO

MoogleMuffins

Well personally I prefer the Xbox 360, I just feel more comfortable and enjoy playing it more. Plus the live is much better, the price is well worth it in my opinion, have more friends to play with, and it generally has more games i'm interested in.

However I do love using my PS3 to play my Final Fantasy games . I've basically renamed it the FF Player, so I am very thankful for it because I love Final Fantasy. It does have some very good games though such as Warhawk, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Little Big Planet. But nothing else grabs me about the system.

]

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

Dezner

Random Trivia: Locke is the only person I've added (so far) as a friend for Xbox Live. His gamer point score is indeed impressive!

Oh, wait. The topic. Uh....

Though I've wanted a PS3 years, I still don't have one. I never thought I would ever get or want a 360 either, until I was "ordered" to take a second-hand extra 360 from my good friend back in my hometown earlier this summer. (No controller, just the system. The incredibly loud, hot and ticking time bomb system.) My friend also let me borrow 3 games to tide me over, though I've only played one of them so far, and I did buy Mega Man 9...again...because it's Mega Man! The achievements for MM9 have been a big contributing factor to my re-addiction to MM9, I even have more of the challenges done on the Xbox as opposed to my Wii version. I also made the mistake of using my credit card to buy Microsoft Points, having no idea I would be charged tax for it. I might be a little too spoiled on Wii Points or just being cheap...which I admit. (Also, thanks Microsoft for the dumb 400,1,000, etc points system, encouraging me to spend the remaining 200 points I had from getting MM9 to buy a THEME and GAMER PICS for the "2 dollars" I had left...Oh sorry, $3.25 if you include the tax. )

So anyway, I have sucked up my some of my apparenly anti-Xbox pride and bought a red wireless controller...because it's red, and not boring black or white. At least I'll have my own personal controller to bring with me to friend's houses, which was my main justification for buying it, that and I didn't want to permanently borrow my other friends controller. Yeaaaaah....

And now when Halo 3: ODST comes out, my friends who all have a 360 are going to want me to play with them, which would require me to buy the game AND get a Gold account....for which I don't think I can justify a full years worth of playing one game...maybe 2 games if I were to get Halo 3... siiigh I admit that actually spending quality time alone with the system has warmed me up some, but I still don't think I would have ever bought one unless I was rolling in dough and had no gaming backlog to speak of.

Sorry for the long-winded post post, but long story short, I am greatly looking forward to buying a PS3 someday after a TV upgrade. The PS3 will by my "other end" of the spectrum along with my Wii, and the Xbox will be around for as long as it can keep functioning to look at Dead or Alive girl boobies playing volleyball, Mega Man 9, and mayyyybe being guilted into playing Halo with friends.

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

MoogleMuffins

Dezner wrote:

Random Trivia: Locke is the only person I've added (so far) as a friend for Xbox Live. His gamer point score is indeed impressive!

Ah yes and we've yet to play a game. And thank you.

]

Bahamut_ZERO

@Super Smash Bros Fan: Why is this forum different? Is this a safe haven where everyone has to have exactly same opinion and be all close and happy? No, it isn't. This just a forum, and arguing is part of it. Besides, this is civilized argument, not some "XBXO 360 PWNS!!!!! PS3 SUXXXXXXX!!!!!!!" thread.

Bahamut_ZERO

MoogleMuffins

Bahamut+ZERO wrote:

@Super Smash Bros Fan: Why is this forum different? Is this a safe haven where everyone has to have exactly same opinion and be all close and happy? No, it isn't. This just a forum, and arguing is part of it. Besides, this is civilized argument, not some "XBXO 360 PWNS!!!!! PS3 SUXXXXXXX!!!!!!!" thread.

I concur.

]

Stuffgamer1

@clicketyclick: I really meant the sticker in general, which includes the power consumption numbers you were talking about. I don't really know which part of it he read.

@Bahamut ZERO: How can your 3-year warranty be about to expire already? Besides which, I saw something tucked away on Xbox.com that said they'd repair RRoD for free even after that 3-year period. As far as I know, when you ask for an RRoD repair, they don't even ask you when you bought it or anything, they just file the repair request.

I don't much like the thought that Microsoft, having seen that they impressed me with high customer service once, would decide to crap on me the second time THEIR product broke down during normal use. It wouldn't surprise me if that was so, given that we're talking about Microsoft, but still... NOT COOL!

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

LzWinky

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

@clicketyclick: I really meant the sticker in general, which includes the power consumption numbers you were talking about. I don't really know which part of it he read.

@Bahamut ZERO: How can your 3-year warranty be about to expire already? Besides which, I saw something tucked away on Xbox.com that said they'd repair RRoD for free even after that 3-year period. As far as I know, when you ask for an RRoD repair, they don't even ask you when you bought it or anything, they just file the repair request.

I don't much like the thought that Microsoft, having seen that they impressed me with high customer service once, would decide to crap on me the second time THEIR product broke down during normal use. It wouldn't surprise me if that was so, given that we're talking about Microsoft, but still... NOT COOL!

When I e-mailed Sony about a bad wire on my PS2, which was still under warranty, it took them two weeks to respond telling me that I needed to call them. Then it took them three hours to answer my call and said that they would charge me for a replacement. I don't understand why they would be so cheap as to not replace one audio wire for free.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.