Forums

Topic: Why the PlayStation 3 is better than the Xbox 360.

Posts 101 to 120 of 340

CanisWolfred

irken004 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Flower isn't even considered a game, it's considered to be a sim on the sites where I've read about it

And a Sim is not a game?

And what is it even a simulation of? Petal Power?

don't ask me, ask the people who use their PS3's to play with flowers

Well, since you're the one who is criticizing it, assumed you had some experience with it, you know, some sort of valid base for your claims. But apparently I was wrong.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ricardo91

Well, now that I've seen all this guys videos, I'd like to give my point of view:

I think this guy is full of sh*t. More sotrage capacity is nice in theory, but the 360 has plenty of storage, and I don't need my games to have 30-hour camaigns and 20 hours worth of sidequests. PS3 is definitely more powerful than the 360, but the system with the best graphics and most memory doesn't necessarily win. The original Xbox had more memory and a far better graphics pocessor than the PS2, but were it's game necessarily better? Hell no.

Sure, AA Batteries for the controllers are annoying, but I do the same thng with the Wii, and it doesn't bother me (much), don't care about Bluetooth, and the Sixaxis is a joke. I seroiusly couldn't care less about Linux, and I'm sure a lot of other people don't either. My Wii has an internet browser, so I don't care that the 360 doesn't have one, (even though it does seem foolish that a console made from a company that specializes in computers and pides itself on it's online features doesn't have a freakin' internet browser.). I will agree that having to buy a seperate wireles adaptor for $100 is bull, but even then the system is still cheaper than a PS3.

Most of the exclusives he listed I either never heard of, woulnd up on other systems (Castlevania on 360, Jak & Daxter on PS2/PSP), or tuned out t be flops (Cross Edge). There's a few PS3 games I really want that I'm gonna miss out on (GoW III, Resistance, and Fat Princess being the main ones), but I'm perfectly content with the exclusives I get on 360. His arguments about most 360 games coming to PC is also invalid in my case. My Vista can't even handle Bioshock (the Steam version, anyway), so how could it possibly handle games like Mass Effect and Gears of War?

And another thing I can live without is that Folding @ Home feature. Even though he swears to god that it's not a worthless feature, it still looks pretty worthless to me. The fact that it help cancer (so he says) is great and all, but I don't buy my video game systems for medical benefits.

There's 4 reasons I decided to get a 360:
1. XBLA
2. Games like Gears, Dead Rising, and Banjo Kazooie
3. Low Price
4. Getting to play online with my friends

PSN's selection is definitely NOT better than XBLA's. As much as people complain about XBL's monthly fee, it's looks totally worth it (haven't gotten to use it yet since I still ned that wireless adaptor). Not only do you get the best selection of download games and DLC available, but you have the most widely-used online play in the world, and you also get cool features such as Netflix. Oh, an I'm sure the 360 COULD handle Flower, but since it's a game about controlling flower petals flying in the air, I won't miss it too much.

Sorry about the rant, but this guy really grinded my gears. He comes off as little more than a raving fanboy with a total bias towards his console of choice. I'm happy I got a 360, and it should keep me happy as my sole next-gen console for the reamains of this generation (at least until early '10, where I break down and buy one for GoW III. ).

Edited on by Ricardo91

AlexSays

Someone didn't understand the point at all.

AlexSays

CanisWolfred

Ricardo91 wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

Yeah crazy how that works.

Controls better than almost every Wii game on the market, yet Sixaxis is vastly inferior to the Wii remote?

Ohhkay Wii fans.

Wow! One game, ONE GAME uses the Sixaxis properly. Seal your doors Wii fans, the Sixaxis is taking over! :rolleyes:

Well, 4 games, to my knowledge: Motorstorm(I think), Flow, Flowers, and Wipeout HD all controlled great with the SixAxis. Some other games used it fairly well, but I won't comment on them, since I have yet to play any PS3 games outside of in-store Kiosks.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

AlexSays

It's not even about that though.

Quantity doesn't matter, Wii games are basically required to incorporate motion controls in some way.

It's about the games that control great. Flower has shown, when done right, the Sixaxis can provide a better controlling experience than all Wii games that just use the Wii remote.

The Sixaxis is actually more accurate motion wise than the Wii remote when it's without its little buddy, Motion Plus.

Wii fans seem to think the Wii remote alone is great and all and Sixaxis is flat out terrible. That's not true at all.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Ricardo91

Mickeymac wrote:

Well, 4 games, to my knowledge: Motorstorm(I think), Flow, Flowers, and Wipeout HD all controlled great with the SixAxis. Some other games used it fairly well, but I won't comment on them, since I have yet to play any PS3 games outside of in-store Kiosks.

Motorstorm and Wipeout may work decently with the Sixaxis, but I'm positive that they would control better traditionally. And FlOw is barely a game from what I heard. Don't you just randomly wander around and eat bugs or whatever the whole time with zero challenge?

Many games have attempted to add Sixaxis support, with mixed results. Some managed to use it functionally, while other have been disasterous. But almost all of them were better-controlled with traditional controls.

Edited on by Ricardo91

CanisWolfred

AlexSays wrote:

I know, I just wanted to be part of the conversation, so I decided to mention a random fact I knew.<_<

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

irken004

Mickeymac wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

I know, I just wanted to be part of the conversation, so I decided to mention a random fact I knew.<_<

I lol at ur attention seeking

jk

Stuffgamer1

As far as things it's not even about are concerned, Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction and inFamous both made use of the Sixaxis controls in very nice ways, for attacks that wouldn't really have worked well any other way. Yes, I know that isn't the point; just throwing it out there.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Knux

WolfRamHeart wrote:

Flower is a fantastic game and the controls work great!

If the game is as good as AlexSays claimed, I will download this game as soon as I have the money.

Knux

Stuffgamer1

Yes, Flower is really good. I was surprised by how much I liked it, to be honest. The sense of effortless flight in the game is truly superb, though!

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

CanisWolfred

Ricardo91 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

...And FlOw is barely a game from what I heard. Don't you just randomly wander around and eat bugs or whatever the whole time with zero challenge?

Actually, it is very much a game, with a goal, a challenge, a beginning, and an end. You could try the PC version if you need a better understanding of how the game works. It's not as good as the PSN version, but it's still pretty interesting.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

brandonbwii

AlexSays wrote:

Quantity doesn't matter, Wii games are basically required to incorporate motion controls in some way.

It's about the games that control great. Flower has shown, when done right, the Sixaxis can provide a better controlling experience than all Wii games that just use the Wii remote.

The Sixaxis is actually more accurate motion wise than the Wii remote when it's without its little buddy, Motion Plus.

Wii fans seem to think the Wii remote alone is great and all and Sixaxis is flat out terrible. That's not true at all.

I've only played a demo of Rachet and Clank Future so I can't really judge motion controls. In general, all motion control sucks unless done properly. That includes motionplus and even Natal. There will always be poor programmers.
As for Sony themselves, I always liked their 1st/2nd party fair. They're like the old Sega when it comes to that.

Facebook: bbworks club
Twitter: @bbworks_club
Instagram: bbworks club

Nintendo Network ID: BigBadBrowne

battledevil789

360 Controller is a hell of alot better for shooters and more people have 360s so simple as that

battledevil789

Smashbro99

I have several things to say on PS3 vs Wii.
1.I wish Wii had demos of WII games.
2.The remote is kinda gimicky(but I still love it)
3.Wiiware should be way better than it already is.

I Have Spoken.
Other people are like Slinkys. They have no purpose whatsoever, but are amusing as crap to see fall down stairs.

grenworthshero

battledevil789 wrote:

360 Controller is a hell of alot better for shooters and more people have 360s so simple as that

I do like the 360 controller A LOT better than the Playstation 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc. controller, but that and Perfect Dark aside, there is nothing else I'd prefer on the 360 over the PS3

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

Ricardo91

AlexSays wrote:

That's a valid point about Flower proving that the Sixaxis is better than a standard Wii remote, but keep in mind that it took 3 years for Sony to find the true potential of it, just as Nintendo took 3 years to create the Motion+ and show the Wiimote's true potential. Now that the potential of both has been found, the two controllers can finally compete neck-and-neck, but Flower can't wow people forever. The Motion+ will go on to be supported for many games, and Sony hasn't been using the Sixaxis muxh lately. Unless Sony or other companies continue to make games for the PS3 that control as well as Flower, it's gonna be left in the dust.

Adam

Ricardo91 wrote:

Motorstorm and Wipeout may work decently with the Sixaxis, but I'm positive that they would control better traditionally. And FlOw is barely a game from what I heard. Don't you just randomly wander around and eat bugs or whatever the whole time with zero challenge?

Many games have attempted to add Sixaxis support, with mixed results. Some managed to use it functionally, while other have been disasterous. But almost all of them were better-controlled with traditional controls.

No, Wipeout and Motorstorm don't control better with traditional controls.

And Flow was a really groundbreaking game that made a lot of noise and won a lot of awards. You could reduce Pacman to such a silly concept, but it doesn't make it less of a fun game. Flow does provide challenge, but the challenge is dynamic. You can be sent back levels if you do poorly.

Most games on Wii that have tried motion controls have been awful. Even Nintendo's games have been a mixed bag, and pretty much no other company has gotten it right. Both systems have undergone an awkward learning stage with motion controls akin to the N64 era when everyone was still trying to figure out what to do with 3D to mixed results.

Last I checked, Flower and the other games named came out before Motion Plus and did not require an attachment that's an extra $20 per controller to use. Saying that each platforms motion controls are on even ground is certainly not without bias.

If that's not much to you, fine, but that doesn't discount the strength of Sony's controller. What I like about it is, unlike Wii's controller, I can use motion controls and traditional controls at the same time. No compromising over here.

Not to mention no paying $20 for M+, $20 for a nunchuk, $20 for a classic controller, or any wheels or zappers or balance boards. Even the Wii can be an expensive system if you want to get the most out of it.

For the record, I'm not saying PS3 is better, just that it is not worse. I see no point in such an argument to begin with.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.