Forums

Topic: Why the PlayStation 3 is better than the Xbox 360.

Posts 81 to 100 of 340

irken004

weirdadam wrote:

current-motion? Were you expecting past or future motion? It's the first generation to implement motion controls. It can't be anything but current. I don't think they expected anyone to say Oh, wow, I can tilt the controller, but it certainly doesn't hurt, and it's a pretty significant change from not sensing motion, unlike 360's controller which brings nothing new to the table whatsoever except the world's worst D-pad.

I agree about the 360 aspect, but Sony should have known about the available tech used for more advanced motion controls before they implemented the Six-axis. But i suppose they're fixing that with their wand-thing wii-mote ripoff

Adam

Nintendo kept a pretty tight lid on the motion control thing. I thought it was pretty obvious that Sony had no idea there would be a demand for such a thing, but when Nintendo unveiled their controller, Sony did the best they could in a short time to catch up instead of sticking to the goofy controllerang. They didn't really have time for more advance tech. Nintendo was working on it since late in the GCN's life cycle, but Sony had what, a year and a half to ready their new controller?

It is more limited, especially with Motion+ out, than the Wii's controller, but perhaps it's a blessing in disguise. I find motion sensing in most Wii games either very poorly implemented or just completely unnecessary. Not only that, but it forces difficult control scheme decisions on developers and the players have to buy all sorts of accessories to get the most out of the system. I like that if I get a game for PS3, I know immediately what controller I need and how to use it.

Certainly there are exceptions, though. Keep in mind I play the Wii more for VC than current generation games, so I have my bias, of course.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

irken004

@Adam strangely enough, the only games that have bad control implementations on Wii are from 3rd party developers

I have had no problems with 1st party game control schemes

which is why I prefer games only made by Nintendo and those developers they hire (such as HAL Labs) (DS is a different story however, but is mostly the same)

CanisWolfred

Such a biased topic, I'm honestly ashamed to have read it. I'm my personal opinion, the technical capacities of the PS3 offer nothing of value over the Xbox 360. The Xbox 360, on the otherhand, has Xbox Live, and while I'll admit, it is pretty annoying that you have to pay for it, it's paying for a service, and a pretty good one at that - it's the biggest reason as to why my brother and I spend so much time on the damn thing. Saying that the PS3 has more exclusives is a blatant lie, and even if that were true, which ones appeal to you all depends on your tastes. Personally, only a small handful of PS3 exclusives interest me in the least, certainly not enough to diswade me from purchasing an Xbox 360, which had far more exclusives that appeal to me.

Regardless, the PS3 and the Xbox 360 are equal - The PS3 is more powerful, but the Xbox 360 has more and better services. They both cost the same when you add up all the costs, and they both have a handful of exclusives between them, the quality of which is all determined by one's particular tastes.

They are equal. Why everyone has to fight over which one is better is beyond me. Oh well, I guess they can waste their time all they want. Meanwhile, I'm going to enjoy the console I already have.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

irken004

Mickeymac wrote:

Why everyone has to fight over which one is better is beyond me. Oh well, I guess they can waste their time all they want.

To some people, that's what rants are for

AlexSays

irken004 wrote:

Six-axis is a poor excuse of current-motion control for Sony.

Yet one of the best motion-controlled games this gen is on the PS3.

AlexSays

irken004

AlexSays wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Six-axis is a poor excuse of current-motion control for Sony.

Yet one of the best motion-controlled games this gen is on the PS3.

and that is?

Adam

Flower?

Come on, friends,

AlexSays

Yeah crazy how that works.

Controls better than almost every Wii game on the market, yet Sixaxis is vastly inferior to the Wii remote?

Ohhkay Wii fans.

AlexSays

irken004

AlexSays wrote:

Yeah crazy how that works.

Controls better than almost every Wii game on the market, yet Sixaxis is vastly inferior to the Wii remote?

Ohhkay Wii fans.

it seems you haven't tried Motionplus yet

AlexSays

irken004 wrote:

it seems you haven't tried Motionplus yet

I said it controls better than almost all Wii games.

How many games use Motion Plus? Three, four?

It seems you don't know how to properly interpret my posts. I'm glad we agree though, up until a month ago Sixaxis was more accurate than the Wii remote.

And even now it still is. The Wii remote needs an aid, a little attachment to help it along.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Adam

I really like Flow (enough to get the expansion, too), but I've yet to get Flower. I just don't understand the concept from trailers and reviews enough to know whether or not I should be interested.

Motion+ is a step forward, but it's not perfect. I've had a number of odd issues in Resort. And yea, having to pay $20 for each controller when I've already had to pay $40 for them, plus quite a lot of money on nunchuks and classics.... Hardly the best system imaginable.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

WolfRamHeart

Flower is a fantastic game and the controls work great!

WolfRamHeart

irken004

Flower isn't even considered a game, it's considered to be a sim on the sites where I've read about it

CanisWolfred

irken004 wrote:

Flower isn't even considered a game, it's considered to be a sim on the sites where I've read about it

And a Sim is not a game?

And what is it even a simulation of? Petal Power?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Adam

Heh, a sim? That's odd. It does have levels and goals, from what I read.

Come on, friends,

irken004

Mickeymac wrote:

irken004 wrote:

And a Sim is not a game?

And what is it even a simulation of? Petal Power?

don't ask me, ask the people who use their PS3's to play with flowers

AlexSays

irken004 wrote:

Seriously?

And people wonder why Nintendo fanboys have such a bad rep?

AlexSays

irken004

AlexSays wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Seriously?

And people wonder why Nintendo fanboys have such a bad rep?

Says who?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.