Forums

Topic: Why people aren't respecting Nintendo?

Posts 101 to 120 of 237

GuSolarFlare

@Jazzer94 that's true, the PS4 has power and is also cheaper than XBOne os it's pretty much the preferred choice

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

SCRAPPER392

@Jazzer94
I'm factoring in value. The Wii remote will still be heavily supported, I'm getting second screen functions as a standard, and the internet is free and gives me access to other features, besides online gaming(i.e. Google Street U, Netflix, Miiverse, browser).

I couldn't give a s*** less about what the general consumer wants, because it's not my f***ing job.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

CanisWolfred

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jazzer94
How is that not correct? The argument is that the price needs to be lower, and Wii U is $100 less, while still having the GamePad.

Dude, I've seen people wait in line in the grocery store playing with their fancy phone and then pay with food stamps. If people are willing to put electronics above food, I think it's safe to say that kind of logic doesn't work anymore. More and more people are willing to pay a premium so long as they think they're getting more out of it. I know you don't think the PS4 is worth more than the Wii U. I know I agree. But you have to consider their opinion as well as yours.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jazzer94

@SCAR392 Then who are you referring to in this part of your post?

SCAR392 wrote:

PS4 and Xbox One are more expensive = Wii U being $300 is not a problem

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

SCRAPPER392

Jazzer94 wrote:

@SCAR392 Then who are you referring to in this part of your post?

SCAR392 wrote:

PS4 and Xbox One are more expensive = Wii U being $300 is not a problem

The people who DO find the Wii U worthwhile. This comment should address @CanisWolfred 's comment, as well.

If I'm more interested in Wii U, the $100 less price, GamePad, Wii remote support, and free online is the cherry on top. By the time I were to buy a PS4 for $400, then PS+, I can buy a Wii U for $300, which comes with a game, buy an HDD for $50 or more controllers, and buy around 3+ games(depending on which ones), all for the same price as the PS4 console, by itself.

EDIT: Also, I have an Xbox One, too, so that should tell you how interested I am in the PS4.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

CanisWolfred

I think we were refering more to long-term value...I mean, if you have 3-10 games you want already that the PS4 doesn't have, that's great, but what about when you're done with those games? Will there still be more that you want? The PS4 is doing well right now, so it at least looks like it'll do better in the long term. I know things can change, which is why quite a few people are still waiting it out, but as of right now, the Wii U has less games coming soon than the PS4, which is why a lot of people seem to be choosing it over the Wii U.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to check the first post to see what any of this has to do with respecting Nintendo...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SCRAPPER392

@CanisWolfred
People were complaining about the GamePad, price, hardware, etc, again, so I threw in my $0.02, and it escalated into $0.50

I like the GamePad and Kinect, so paying more or less isn't really my concern. I paid $100 less for a Wii U, and $100 more for an Xbox One, compared to a PS4, so it evens out. I'll still probably get Watch_Dogs on Wii U.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

CanisWolfred

A little more on topic: I'm more curious as to why this is really an issue. I mean, the bigger you are, the bigger target you become, so naturally Nintendo's going to get some disrespect. Is it more than some others? Perhaps, but I find it to be more of a sign of how big Nintendo has become than anything else. Just ignore the haters, try to correct to the ignorant, and continue enjoying what you love, perhaps sharing it with those who feel the same.

@SCAR - In that case, I don't really disagree with you.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jazzer94

@SCAR392 Then whats your point, if its Wii U being better value for money then the other two consoles then at least in terms of the PS4 that's proven to be false as sales show the PS4 is far more popular and more sort after that's just reality doesn't matter if me and you prefer the Wii U most people don't and see the value and long-term stability that the PS4 will most likely offer due to the support its receiving from developers.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

RobbEJay

Unca_Lz wrote:

Actually, there is some merit in region locking. Some stores in countries have no choice but to charge higher prices because of their inflated currency. They would struggle if gamers were allowed to import cheaper options.

It does, however, stop gamers from importing non-localized games.

Thats very true, but at the same time the games themselves can be region-locked. That would be much more flexible than making it hardware-based. Atlus actually did it for Persona 4 Arena. Sony's consoles have been region-free for a long time now too, so if that was a big issue wouldn't retailers demand it be changed?

Edited on by RobbEJay

RobbEJay

CaviarMeths

Why are all of your threads so sensationalist?

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

SCRAPPER392

@Jazzer94
What's YOUR point? I'm not even the one who brought up price. I understand why people are buying PS4, but those reasons aren't relevant to me, as an individual, so I couldn't care less how the market plays out.

"People don't like paying for things they won't/don't want to use"
@Zombie_Barioth
Exactly, so why argue price? Knocking the price down to $400, while simultaneously excluding the Kinect, isn't going to convince anyone who already favors PS. In Wii U's case, it's already cheaper. I know value isn't as cut and dry as the price, but that's exactly why I was trying to explain that there are values in Wii U and Xbox One, for what they are and how much they cost, that other people may find worthwhile.

Wii U has a second screen, has Wii remotes, free online
Xbox One has Kinect, media, good online
PS4 has the option for PS Vita as a second screen(streaming device), an optional camera, optional Move, optional VR, good online

My reasoning for not wanting PS4, is lack of support for more dedicated second screen features, the camera isn't doing as much as Kinect, Move isn't as heavily supported as Wii remote, there are other ways to have a VR experience, without strapping things to your face, and I can get free online on Wii U. As of now, paid online isn't even that important for me. I play Titan Fall online, and no one voice chats or friends me.

Qwest

Jazzer94

@SCAR392 Um actually dude you are the one who brought up price.

Edit: See my next post.

Edited on by Jazzer94

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

RobbEJay

I feel like a dunce now, I forgot NL sends messages directly to your email. Oops.

Anyway, @SCAR392, Thats not What I meant. If someone decides they want an Xbox, they aren't going to get PS4 instead, meaning "a Kinect-less Xbox One still wouldn't be a PS4, regardless." is pointless unless you meant something else by that. Not everyone wants the kinect, the gamepad, or whatever other feature and sees no value in paying for a feature they won't use.

In the Wii U's case those that don't like the gamepad and don't want it still have to pay for it AND pay for a more suitable one, Even then its still required for certain things, so they'll have to use it even if they don't want to. Switching controllers like that can get rather annoying.

Edited on by RobbEJay

RobbEJay

SCRAPPER392

Kodeen wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Kodeen
Why wouldn't you want the GamePad or Kinect? That's the real question.

Gamepad - it's the size of a dinner plate and keeps the info I need from the screen I actually want to look at.

Kinect - $100.

@Jazzer94
First post that brought up price. Do you just like, not read the posts, or something?

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

SCRAPPER392

Zombie_Barioth wrote:

If someone decides they want an Xbox, they aren't going to get PS4 instead...Not everyone wants the kinect, the gamepad, or whatever other feature and sees no value in paying for a feature they won't use.

Exactly, which is why they wouldn't buy it and is also why price is no longer up for discussion.

Kinect and the GamePad are what Nintendo and Microsoft want to offer their customers as standard purchases for the console. It doesn't make sense that they would exclude them, from my perspective, because if said company offers an attractive enough reason to buy said products, you're going to buy it, anyway. If more apps on iPad used a second screen, via Apple TV, and Apple knew they could get more money from bundling both of those, they would.

Apple could give customers an Apple TV for free, with every iPad purchase. That's how bad they're ripping people off.

EDIT: In otherwords, would you be angry if Apple gave you an Apple TV, if you bought an iPad, or would you then question the current price by subtracting the Apple TV?

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

RobbEJay

SCAR392 wrote:

Zombie_Barioth wrote:

If someone decides they want an Xbox, they aren't going to get PS4 instead...Not everyone wants the kinect, the gamepad, or whatever other feature and sees no value in paying for a feature they won't use.

Exactly, which is why they wouldn't buy it and is also why price is no longer up for discussion.

Kinect and the GamePad are what Nintendo and Microsoft want to offer their customers as standard purchases for the console. It doesn't make sense that they would exclude them, from my perspective, because if said company offers an attractive enough reason to buy said products, you're going to buy it, anyway. If more apps on iPad used a second screen, via Apple TV, and Apple knew they could get more money from bundling both of those, they would.

Apple could give customers an Apple TV for free, with every iPad purchase. That's how bad they're ripping people off.

EDIT: In otherwords, would you be angry if Apple gave you an Apple TV, if you bought an iPad, or would you then question the current price by subtracting the Apple TV?

To make that work you need to make people feel like they're getting something worthwhile for the money. Your comparison is more like a special promo, your not buying the ipad for the Apple TV, so it no being there wouldn't matter. In this case the kinect or gamepad is apart of and affects the price. Think of it like the bundle trickery ISPs use. You know how they price gouge if you don't bundle, right? Same principle, if I don't want cable or phone why can't I just opt out and pay less?

RobbEJay

Aviator

And once again we have allowed scar to spew his nonsense.

Even in this thread he asserted that he know more than we all do, why do you bother repeatedly trying to cram sense into him.

Aint gonna work.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.