Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Why people aren't respecting Nintendo?

Showing 101 to 120 of 247

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

101. Posted:

Peek-a-boo wrote:

You just don't know when to stop, do you SCAR?

... you continue to contradict yourself with far too many things you continuously bring up.

What are you talking about? The argument was that Wii U is too expensive. That's factually BS, considering PS4 is $100-150 more expensive, and still doesn't come with a GamePad. The alternative is buying a PS Vita for $200, in which case, I could have already bought a 3DS XL with my Wii U.

Even if a Kinect-less Xbox One existed, you'd still choose PS4, because it has PS Camera as an option, anyway.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

102. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

You're also paying $100($150 in Canada and Australia)more for a PS4, which has neither a Kinect, or a GamePad.

How is that even a counter argument.

PS4 and Xbox One are more expensive = Wii U being $300 is not a problem

That's a very simplistic way of looking at things that really isn't correct.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

103. Posted:

@Jazzer94
How is that not correct? The argument is that the price needs to be lower, and Wii U is $100 less, while still having the GamePad.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

104. Posted:

Jazzer94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

You're also paying $100($150 in Canada and Australia)more for a PS4, which has neither a Kinect, or a GamePad.

How is that even a counter argument.

That's a very simplistic way of looking at things that really isn't correct.

depends, if you're really looking for something affordable and not caring if it's worth or not, this make total sense.
but gamers nowadays aren't so simple and all the consoles seem worth their price so any chance to sqeeze down the price of any will make it seem more interesting than the others.
yeah the simplest part of gaming is actually playing the games XD

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

105. Posted:

@SCAR392 You are not factoring in value for money hence most people want a powerful console at a reasonable price the PS4 is only $100 more then a Wii U but offers quite a lot more power hence people are willing to pay more it also helps that it has a wide range of media functions. Also the gamepad clearly doesn't hold much value to the general consumers otherwise the Wii U would be selling well currently.

The Jazzloggery
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

106. Posted:

@GuSilverFlame To an extent you are right but when people see more long lasting potential in a product they'll pick it over cheaper alternative options which is whats happening now with the PS4.

The Jazzloggery

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

107. Posted:

@Jazzer94 that's true, the PS4 has power and is also cheaper than XBOne os it's pretty much the preferred choice

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

108. Posted:

@Jazzer94
I'm factoring in value. The Wii remote will still be heavily supported, I'm getting second screen functions as a standard, and the internet is free and gives me access to other features, besides online gaming(i.e. Google Street U, Netflix, Miiverse, browser).

I couldn't give a s*** less about what the general consumer wants, because it's not my f***ing job.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

109. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jazzer94
How is that not correct? The argument is that the price needs to be lower, and Wii U is $100 less, while still having the GamePad.

Dude, I've seen people wait in line in the grocery store playing with their fancy phone and then pay with food stamps. If people are willing to put electronics above food, I think it's safe to say that kind of logic doesn't work anymore. More and more people are willing to pay a premium so long as they think they're getting more out of it. I know you don't think the PS4 is worth more than the Wii U. I know I agree. But you have to consider their opinion as well as yours.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

110. Posted:

@SCAR392 Then who are you referring to in this part of your post?

SCAR392 wrote:

The Jazzloggery

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

111. Posted:

Hey @CanisWolfred how you been haven't seen you on NL for awhile.

The Jazzloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

112. Posted:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Hey @CanisWolfred how you been haven't seen you on NL for awhile.

Been too busy at the grocery store. :P

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

113. Posted:

Jazzer94 wrote:

@SCAR392 Then who are you referring to in this part of your post?

SCAR392 wrote:

The people who DO find the Wii U worthwhile. This comment should address @CanisWolfred 's comment, as well.

If I'm more interested in Wii U, the $100 less price, GamePad, Wii remote support, and free online is the cherry on top. By the time I were to buy a PS4 for $400, then PS+, I can buy a Wii U for $300, which comes with a game, buy an HDD for $50 or more controllers, and buy around 3+ games(depending on which ones), all for the same price as the PS4 console, by itself.

EDIT: Also, I have an Xbox One, too, so that should tell you how interested I am in the PS4.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

114. Posted:

I think we were refering more to long-term value...I mean, if you have 3-10 games you want already that the PS4 doesn't have, that's great, but what about when you're done with those games? Will there still be more that you want? The PS4 is doing well right now, so it at least looks like it'll do better in the long term. I know things can change, which is why quite a few people are still waiting it out, but as of right now, the Wii U has less games coming soon than the PS4, which is why a lot of people seem to be choosing it over the Wii U.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to check the first post to see what any of this has to do with respecting Nintendo...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

115. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
People were complaining about the GamePad, price, hardware, etc, again, so I threw in my $0.02, and it escalated into $0.50 :P

I like the GamePad and Kinect, so paying more or less isn't really my concern. I paid $100 less for a Wii U, and $100 more for an Xbox One, compared to a PS4, so it evens out. I'll still probably get Watch_Dogs on Wii U.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

116. Posted:

A little more on topic: I'm more curious as to why this is really an issue. I mean, the bigger you are, the bigger target you become, so naturally Nintendo's going to get some disrespect. Is it more than some others? Perhaps, but I find it to be more of a sign of how big Nintendo has become than anything else. Just ignore the haters, try to correct to the ignorant, and continue enjoying what you love, perhaps sharing it with those who feel the same.

@SCAR - In that case, I don't really disagree with you.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

117. Posted:

@SCAR392 Then whats your point, if its Wii U being better value for money then the other two consoles then at least in terms of the PS4 that's proven to be false as sales show the PS4 is far more popular and more sort after that's just reality doesn't matter if me and you prefer the Wii U most people don't and see the value and long-term stability that the PS4 will most likely offer due to the support its receiving from developers.

The Jazzloggery

AuthorMessage

Zombie_Barioth

118. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Actually, there is some merit in region locking. Some stores in countries have no choice but to charge higher prices because of their inflated currency. They would struggle if gamers were allowed to import cheaper options.

It does, however, stop gamers from importing non-localized games.

Thats very true, but at the same time the games themselves can be region-locked. That would be much more flexible than making it hardware-based. Atlus actually did it for Persona 4 Arena. Sony's consoles have been region-free for a long time now too, so if that was a big issue wouldn't retailers demand it be changed?

Edited on by Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth

AuthorMessage

SpookyMeths

119. Posted:

Why are all of your threads so sensationalist?

What, like full moons, silver bullets, and eyebrows that join in the middle?

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

120. Posted:

@Jazzer94
What's YOUR point? I'm not even the one who brought up price. I understand why people are buying PS4, but those reasons aren't relevant to me, as an individual, so I couldn't care less how the market plays out.

"People don't like paying for things they won't/don't want to use"
@Zombie_Barioth
Exactly, so why argue price? Knocking the price down to $400, while simultaneously excluding the Kinect, isn't going to convince anyone who already favors PS. In Wii U's case, it's already cheaper. I know value isn't as cut and dry as the price, but that's exactly why I was trying to explain that there are values in Wii U and Xbox One, for what they are and how much they cost, that other people may find worthwhile.

Wii U has a second screen, has Wii remotes, free online
Xbox One has Kinect, media, good online
PS4 has the option for PS Vita as a second screen(streaming device), an optional camera, optional Move, optional VR, good online

My reasoning for not wanting PS4, is lack of support for more dedicated second screen features, the camera isn't doing as much as Kinect, Move isn't as heavily supported as Wii remote, there are other ways to have a VR experience, without strapping things to your face, and I can get free online on Wii U. As of now, paid online isn't even that important for me. I play Titan Fall online, and no one voice chats or friends me.

$¢@®³’²