Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Why people aren't respecting Nintendo?

Showing 221 to 240 of 241

AuthorMessage
GuSolarFlare

GuSolarFlare

221. Posted:

ferthepoet wrote:

Fire emblem is the only that its anime style, Star Fox, F Zero and Zelda I would call Cartoony....... as i said there's nothing wrong with Cartoony, but some people just don't like it you need to have more variety of visual styles to attract different audiences and I do think the visual style is more important than 'mature content', people wont' suddenly like Star Fox because they throw Swearing and guns on it, but they may like a new franchise by Nintendo which is not M rated but its nonetheless realistic looking and takes itself seriously

well you're right on this(I was talking about that F-zero image specifically, it's even from the anime itself. XD)
some people judge things too much by the looks, I personally like all styles that aren't an eyesore(except, maybe N64 some games literally hurt the eyes I like it mostly because of nostalgia)

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
MikeLove

MikeLove

222. Posted:

Action51 wrote:

@KennyPowers

I don't find those games to be realistic looking (Starfox, F-Zero), but at the same time, there is nothing realistic about Grand Theft Auto and Call of Duty. Police who give up chasing a mass murdering car thief after two blocks, and health that regenerates in seconds after being shot repeatedly by world dominating South American militants is kinda...not realistic either. Also, as far as Assassin's Creed goes...ancestry does not work that way!

Also, it's kind of telling you choose pixel art representations of Samus Aran and the Metroid series, and not any of the more recent examples like Prime or Other M.

Read my post about the difference between mature/childish/family friendly/ juvenile...I totally agree with you on the art style, but the tone and context issue is a more nuanced one.

I went back and edited my post to clarify my stance.

When people say a game is "realistic" they are talking about the visuals and the design. When someone says Zelda is "cartoony" they are talking about the art style and look only, they aren't talking about the story.

That said, I play both cartoony and realistic looking games, so I don't care either way. However lots of gamers are put off by playing a colorful looking game with cute looking characters.

Edited on by MikeLove

MikeLove

AuthorMessage
Sleepingmudkip

Sleepingmudkip

223. Posted:

Nintendo more about art style then it looking realistic.....(lets act like Yoshi new island never existed)

FIRE EMBLEM JUST FIRE EMBLEM.....GO BUY FIRE EMBLEM NOW

Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

224. Posted:

KennyPowers wrote:

However lots of gamers are put off by playing a colorful looking game with cute looking characters.

Only because its a gut reaction to something that reminds them of something they once enjoyed as a child, but have now arbitrarily given up in order to signify their so-called maturity...

...Wolf O'Donnel later crashed his Gundam, and went back to flying Wolfens...

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
shingi_70

shingi_70

225. Posted:

The real question is why a good portion of the Nintendo fandom is so cult like and has to white knight Nintendo at every turn.

The comments on that adleman thread are just embarrassing. Its like an echo chamber of defense.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
MikeLove

MikeLove

226. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

The real question is why a good portion of the Nintendo fandom is so cult like and has to white knight Nintendo at every turn.

The comments on that adleman thread are just embarrassing. Its like an echo chamber of defense.

Subscribe to Nintendo Life on YouTube

This tape was sent out Nintendo Power subscribers in the mid-1990's

MikeLove

AuthorMessage
Artwark

Artwark

227. Posted:

@KennyPowers

I seriously think that people are overreacting to this realistic and cartoon theme. Super Meat Boy and Braid for example are cartoony but have some depth of
mature content in them.

So what if a game is cartoonish. The point of it being cartoony is to express actions. Everything that's made to date is done through some animated graphics so to say the thing cartoony than to say it realistic really isn't much to me anymore because of it being more of the same thing with the only difference is the image.

I really wish people can stop cribbing that Nintendo's kiddie and all and just appreciate their method of making games. After all, its the longest video game company in existence and even if I'm wrong, they are atleast willing to experiment and try something different all the time and that's what I love about Nintendo.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

http://bittypix.blogspot.com

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
GuSolarFlare

GuSolarFlare

228. Posted:

Artwark wrote:

I really wish people can stop cribbing that Nintendo's kiddie and all and just appreciate their method of making games. After all, its the longest video game company in existence and even if I'm wrong, they are atleast willing to experiment and try something different all the time and that's what I love about Nintendo.

ok you lost me here, no one's forced to appreciate Nintendo.
I'm just here defending it because I like a good discussion, as soon as this starts dragging on and repeating itself way too much I'll abandon this thread

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
LordJumpMad

LordJumpMad

229. Posted:

Wow, I don't know where to begin in this thread. It's like an aftermath of a plane crash, and then a bus full of fanboys slams right into the plane.
This is the first time I walked into a thread where everyone is already mad...kind of takes the away the fun.

Well, I don't know about you guys, but Nintendo is one of the most respected toy company out there, however; it's fan base is what gives them a bad name. Just a bunch of angry school girls that hate the opinion of others. But that's is just my opinion.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

Twitter:

AuthorMessage
GuSolarFlare

GuSolarFlare

230. Posted:

LordJumpMad wrote:

Wow, I don't know where to begin in this thread. It's like an aftermath of a plane crash, and then a bus full of fanboys slams right into the plane.
This is the first time I walked into a thread where everyone is already mad...kind of takes the away the fun.

Well, I don't know about you guys, but Nintendo is one of the most respected toy company out there, however; it's fan base is what gives them a bad name. Just a bunch of angry school girls that hate the opinion of others. But that's is just my opinion.

that's why you should be the new owner of Nintendo and erase all the fanboys :p

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Cia

Cia

231. Posted:

San Andreas for PS2 is a better looking game than Wind Waker.
This was a common, widely accepted opinion in 2004.

Cia

AuthorMessage
Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth

232. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

KennyPowers wrote:

However lots of gamers are put off by playing a colorful looking game with cute looking characters.

Only because its a gut reaction to something that reminds them of something they once enjoyed as a child, but have now arbitrarily given up in order to signify their so-called maturity...

Pretty much. A lot of people confuse 'mature' with 'realistic' in these arguments. A series like Tales of can never be taken seriously no matter how mature the themes are simply because its 'cartoony', because cartoons can't be taken seriously. If you took the same game and wrapped it in a realistic package it'd suddenly be 'mature'. Unfortunately thats what most people mean when they say Nintendo's games are 'kiddie', and it won't change so long as cartoony/animated=kiddie. I believe a certain quote from C.S Lewis comes to mind here.

Zombie_Barioth

AuthorMessage
Artwark

Artwark

233. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

Artwark wrote:

I really wish people can stop cribbing that Nintendo's kiddie and all and just appreciate their method of making games. After all, its the longest video game company in existence and even if I'm wrong, they are atleast willing to experiment and try something different all the time and that's what I love about Nintendo.

ok you lost me here, no one's forced to appreciate Nintendo.
I'm just here defending it because I like a good discussion, as soon as this starts dragging on and repeating itself way too much I'll abandon this thread

Yeah you're right... my bad.

Still though, atleast they try to do something innovative and take a lot of risks something that I personally don't see a lot out there do the same.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

http://bittypix.blogspot.com

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
shingi_70

shingi_70

234. Posted:

Why is that it's only nintendos who's targeted for colorful games. I never here complaints about Sony and Microsoft when they make stuff like tearaway or Ratchet. Hell Fable is very colorful and cartoonish and it's one of MS staple franchises.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
GuSolarFlare

GuSolarFlare

235. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Why is that it's only nintendos who's targeted for colorful games. I never here complaints about Sony and Microsoft when they make stuff like tearaway or Ratchet. Hell Fable is very colorful and cartoonish and it's one of MS staple franchises.

time for me to swap teams XD
it's because those things are unusual(on the west) to the other companies, when Nintendo releses a "kiddy" game it's yet another one while when Sony or Microsoft do it it's something fresh and rarely used so no complaints about those unless they become a trend.
just look at it, when people complain about CoD they even forget some those are available in Nintendo consoles and start saying the other ones only have that kind of stuff.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
shingi_70

shingi_70

236. Posted:

How is it something fresh when Sony does it when tjyve probably published a even number of cartoon/realistic games.

I do think it has to do with Skylanders/Infinity/Mi ecraft being enough for a lot of people.

If anything Nintendo needs to dibersfity they're game line up.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
GuSolarFlare

GuSolarFlare

237. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

How is it something fresh when Sony does it when tjyve probably published a even number of cartoon/realistic games.

I do think it has to do with Skylanders/Infinity/Mi ecraft being enough for a lot of people.

If anything Nintendo needs to dibersfity they're game line up.

yes, exactly how you say Nintendo isn't all that diverse.
not 100% kiddy but can't hide the fact that it has more cartoony games than both MS and Sony together
but, at least to me, that's no reason to go hating(I don't mean you, I'm in the context of the thread) and it isn't ALL kiddy, more than the others, yes. enough to scare off some people, also true. but it's not entirely kiddy not even by far.

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
the_shpydar

the_shpydar

238. Posted:

Fun fact: when you actually grow up and become a real human (or Vulcan with the proportionate strength and speed of a spider, like me), you will realize that other people's opinions are irrelevant.

Play what you want.

Care not for other's perceptions or views.

We live in a large diverse world (perhaps not as diverse as Rigel Seven or Ord Mantell, but still), so what other people think should have no bearing on what you think or do.

Yes, it's hard to grasp this concept while you are a kiddy (not to be confused with @BadKitty, who is fluffy and adorable ;) ).

But the bottom line is this:
Who.
The.
Eff.
Cares.

the Shpydar has spoken. So Say We All!

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 27 Copies. 3 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 14 Cart-Only.

Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage
TingLzAdmin

TingLz

239. Posted:

Nintendo screws up a lot. So what? That's their mess to deal with and not ours. I will sit here, support what they do right with my wallet, and try not to let others' opinions bother me too much...unless I use them for debate purposes ;)

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Tingle Tingle Kooloo Limpah! TINGLE_loggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
MikeLove

MikeLove

240. Posted:

Untitled

MikeLove