Forums

Topic: Why people aren't respecting Nintendo?

Posts 221 to 238 of 238

CanisWolfred

KennyPowers wrote:

However lots of gamers are put off by playing a colorful looking game with cute looking characters.

Only because its a gut reaction to something that reminds them of something they once enjoyed as a child, but have now arbitrarily given up in order to signify their so-called maturity...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

shingi_70

The real question is why a good portion of the Nintendo fandom is so cult like and has to white knight Nintendo at every turn.

The comments on that adleman thread are just embarrassing. Its like an echo chamber of defense.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

MikeLove

shingi_70 wrote:

The real question is why a good portion of the Nintendo fandom is so cult like and has to white knight Nintendo at every turn.

The comments on that adleman thread are just embarrassing. Its like an echo chamber of defense.

This tape was sent out Nintendo Power subscribers in the mid-1990's

MikeLove

Socar

@KennyPowers

I seriously think that people are overreacting to this realistic and cartoon theme. Super Meat Boy and Braid for example are cartoony but have some depth of
mature content in them.

So what if a game is cartoonish. The point of it being cartoony is to express actions. Everything that's made to date is done through some animated graphics so to say the thing cartoony than to say it realistic really isn't much to me anymore because of it being more of the same thing with the only difference is the image.

I really wish people can stop cribbing that Nintendo's kiddie and all and just appreciate their method of making games. After all, its the longest video game company in existence and even if I'm wrong, they are atleast willing to experiment and try something different all the time and that's what I love about Nintendo.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

http://bittypix.blogspot.com

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

Artwark wrote:

I really wish people can stop cribbing that Nintendo's kiddie and all and just appreciate their method of making games. After all, its the longest video game company in existence and even if I'm wrong, they are atleast willing to experiment and try something different all the time and that's what I love about Nintendo.

ok you lost me here, no one's forced to appreciate Nintendo.
I'm just here defending it because I like a good discussion, as soon as this starts dragging on and repeating itself way too much I'll abandon this thread

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

LordJumpMad

Wow, I don't know where to begin in this thread. It's like an aftermath of a plane crash, and then a bus full of fanboys slams right into the plane.
This is the first time I walked into a thread where everyone is already mad...kind of takes the away the fun.

Well, I don't know about you guys, but Nintendo is one of the most respected toy company out there, however; it's fan base is what gives them a bad name. Just a bunch of angry school girls that hate the opinion of others. But that's is just my opinion.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

LordJumpMad wrote:

Wow, I don't know where to begin in this thread. It's like an aftermath of a plane crash, and then a bus full of fanboys slams right into the plane.
This is the first time I walked into a thread where everyone is already mad...kind of takes the away the fun.

Well, I don't know about you guys, but Nintendo is one of the most respected toy company out there, however; it's fan base is what gives them a bad name. Just a bunch of angry school girls that hate the opinion of others. But that's is just my opinion.

that's why you should be the new owner of Nintendo and erase all the fanboys

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Cia

San Andreas for PS2 is a better looking game than Wind Waker.
This was a common, widely accepted opinion in 2004.

Cia

Zombie_Barioth

CanisWolfred wrote:

KennyPowers wrote:

However lots of gamers are put off by playing a colorful looking game with cute looking characters.

Only because its a gut reaction to something that reminds them of something they once enjoyed as a child, but have now arbitrarily given up in order to signify their so-called maturity...

Pretty much. A lot of people confuse 'mature' with 'realistic' in these arguments. A series like Tales of can never be taken seriously no matter how mature the themes are simply because its 'cartoony', because cartoons can't be taken seriously. If you took the same game and wrapped it in a realistic package it'd suddenly be 'mature'. Unfortunately thats what most people mean when they say Nintendo's games are 'kiddie', and it won't change so long as cartoony/animated=kiddie. I believe a certain quote from C.S Lewis comes to mind here.

Zombie_Barioth

Socar

GuSilverFlame wrote:

Artwark wrote:

I really wish people can stop cribbing that Nintendo's kiddie and all and just appreciate their method of making games. After all, its the longest video game company in existence and even if I'm wrong, they are atleast willing to experiment and try something different all the time and that's what I love about Nintendo.

ok you lost me here, no one's forced to appreciate Nintendo.
I'm just here defending it because I like a good discussion, as soon as this starts dragging on and repeating itself way too much I'll abandon this thread

Yeah you're right... my bad.

Still though, atleast they try to do something innovative and take a lot of risks something that I personally don't see a lot out there do the same.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

http://bittypix.blogspot.com

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

shingi_70

Why is that it's only nintendos who's targeted for colorful games. I never here complaints about Sony and Microsoft when they make stuff like tearaway or Ratchet. Hell Fable is very colorful and cartoonish and it's one of MS staple franchises.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

GuSolarFlare

shingi_70 wrote:

Why is that it's only nintendos who's targeted for colorful games. I never here complaints about Sony and Microsoft when they make stuff like tearaway or Ratchet. Hell Fable is very colorful and cartoonish and it's one of MS staple franchises.

time for me to swap teams XD
it's because those things are unusual(on the west) to the other companies, when Nintendo releses a "kiddy" game it's yet another one while when Sony or Microsoft do it it's something fresh and rarely used so no complaints about those unless they become a trend.
just look at it, when people complain about CoD they even forget some those are available in Nintendo consoles and start saying the other ones only have that kind of stuff.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

shingi_70

How is it something fresh when Sony does it when tjyve probably published a even number of cartoon/realistic games.

I do think it has to do with Skylanders/Infinity/Mi ecraft being enough for a lot of people.

If anything Nintendo needs to dibersfity they're game line up.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

GuSolarFlare

shingi_70 wrote:

How is it something fresh when Sony does it when tjyve probably published a even number of cartoon/realistic games.

I do think it has to do with Skylanders/Infinity/Mi ecraft being enough for a lot of people.

If anything Nintendo needs to dibersfity they're game line up.

yes, exactly how you say Nintendo isn't all that diverse.
not 100% kiddy but can't hide the fact that it has more cartoony games than both MS and Sony together
but, at least to me, that's no reason to go hating(I don't mean you, I'm in the context of the thread) and it isn't ALL kiddy, more than the others, yes. enough to scare off some people, also true. but it's not entirely kiddy not even by far.

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

the_shpydar

Fun fact: when you actually grow up and become a real human (or Vulcan with the proportionate strength and speed of a spider, like me), you will realize that other people's opinions are irrelevant.

Play what you want.

Care not for other's perceptions or views.

We live in a large diverse world (perhaps not as diverse as Rigel Seven or Ord Mantell, but still), so what other people think should have no bearing on what you think or do.

Yes, it's hard to grasp this concept while you are a kiddy (not to be confused with @BadKitty, who is fluffy and adorable ).

But the bottom line is this:
Who.
The.
Eff.
Cares.

the Shpydar has spoken. So Say We All!

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

LzWinky

Nintendo screws up a lot. So what? That's their mess to deal with and not ours. I will sit here, support what they do right with my wallet, and try not to let others' opinions bother me too much...unless I use them for debate purposes

Current games: Final Fantasy IX, Tetris 99

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

mipaol

I always have a chuckle when people say Nintendo makes "kiddie" games, titles like Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze are downright ruthless in their late level difficulty, also I find Nintendo games on average tend to have much higher replay value than those of their competitors, which is why I usually don't mind paying full retail for a Nintendo game since I can be confident it will be a game I'll want to play for years to come.

As for the whole casual/hardcore aspect of modern gaming I find the older I get the less interested I am in the types of games typically considered "hardcore" (I hate using that word, kids today don't know what a truly hardcore game is, let's see them beat the original Ninja Gaiden trilogy without a Game Genie). When I was younger I used to sit plastered to the television playing video games for hours, now when I play a game I usually only play for maybe an hour tops before I get bored and go do something else, because of this I tend to prefer so called "casual" games which offer gameplay that is more bite sized and suitable for long term enjoyment rather than a large up front time investment to complete then little reason to go back and play again after.

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Nintendo Network ID: mipaol

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic