Forums

Topic: Why people aren't respecting Nintendo?

Posts 121 to 140 of 237

SCRAPPER392

@Zombie_Barioth
Apple makes around $200 per iPad. They'd be able to bundle the Apple TV, at the same MSRP.

Everyone is also forgetting that they dropped the price by $50. That automatically makes any price complaints, obsolete. People wanted $80 off, in exchange for the GamePad, so they got $50 off, with the GamePad.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

RobbEJay

SCAR392 wrote:

@Zombie_Barioth
Apple makes around $200 per iPad. They'd be able to bundle the Apple TV, at the same MSRP.

Everyone is also forgetting that they dropped the price by $50. That automatically makes any price complaints, obsolete. People wanted $80 off, in exchange for the GamePad, so they got $50 off, with the GamePad.

It doesn't really matter what Apple can afford, and that goes right back to the principal idea with the bundle.

Nobody is forgetting they dropped the price, the point is some people don't want the gamepad at all, discount or otherwise.

RobbEJay

SCRAPPER392

@Zombi_Barioth
It does matter what Apple can afford, though. They can give their customers more than they are, so I don't see why they fail to do that. Ya, so if people don't want the GamePad, then don't buy a Wii U.

Qwest

Jazzer94

SCAR392 wrote:

Kodeen wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Kodeen
Why wouldn't you want the GamePad or Kinect? That's the real question.

Gamepad - it's the size of a dinner plate and keeps the info I need from the screen I actually want to look at.

Kinect - $100.

@Jazzer94
First post that brought up price. Do you just like, not read the posts, or something?

No I didn't read every post I skimmed the last 3 pages because I couldn't be bothered when I knew what the conversation would turn into so my mistake.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Jazzer94

@SCAR392 That would be why people aren't buying a Wii U they don't see value in the gamepad.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Dreamz

When I bought my Wii U the gamepad wasn't even a consideration...I just wanted to play Nintendo games and that was that.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

DualWielding

Dreamz wrote:

When I bought my Wii U the gamepad wasn't even a consideration...I just wanted to play Nintendo games and that was that.

i think that's the case with most people the gamepad is not real selling point, sure most people who got it like it...... but most Wii U owners would have still bought the console if there was no gamepad because they are NIntendo fans.......

PSN: Fertheseeker

Reala

I'd be one of those more interested in wii u if it came without the screen controller and a price reduction to go with it, the thrills that come from its as revolutionary as an everyday mobile phone like touch screen; I could probably find it within me somehow to live without that.

Reala

LzWinky

Reala wrote:

I'd be one of those more interested in wii u if it came without the screen controller and a price reduction to go with it, the thrills that come from its as revolutionary as an everyday mobile phone like touch screen; I could probably find it within me somehow to live without that.

Wasn't it already reduced in Europe for a while?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Reala

It was reduced heavily in shops that where basically trying to get rid of their wii u stock, mostly from certain stores going under, the price on amazon uk for a wii u new is just over £250 currently, personally waiting on that dropping below £200 its just not worth any more than that to me personally, not being a SSB, MK or general Mario fan really, not to say there aren't other things I would like but the price isn't right for me yet based on its current and promised library.

Reala

Jazzer94

Reala wrote:

It was reduced heavily in shops that where basically trying to get rid of their wii u stock, mostly from certain stores going under, the price on amazon uk for a wii u new is just over £250 currently, personally waiting on that dropping below £200 its just not worth any more than that to me personally, not being a SSB, MK or general Mario fan really, not to say there aren't other things I would like but the price isn't right for me yet based on its current and promised library.

It was below £200 it was like £150.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Reala

I passed up those clearance sales because of its game library, don't think WW HD was even announced when I saw the wii u's at half price, pretty much the only game that's out now I really want on it, even then I still have it on GC so obviously not in any rush, if it was £150 again today I'd probably get it, retron 5 comes before wii u for me though.

Reala

Jazzer94

Reala wrote:

I passed up those clearance sales because of its game library, don't think WW HD was even announced when I saw the wii u's at half price, pretty much the only game that's out now I really want on it, even then I still have it on GC so obviously not in any rush, if it was £150 again today I'd probably get it, retron 5 comes before wii u for me though.

Understandable its going for £130 at PC World on clearance but probably hard to find one.
http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-wii-u-premium-32gb-1...

Edited on by Jazzer94

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

SCRAPPER392

I don't see how you could pass up a price like that, even with the current library. The Wii U still has more games than PS4 or Xbox One, and it's cheaper.

£150 = $207

People are paying $300 for a new one, or $200 for a refurbished console, but the launch price WAS pretty high in Europe.

Qwest

Jazzer94

SCAR392 wrote:

I don't see how you could pass up a price like that, even with the current library. The Wii U still has more games than PS4 or Xbox One, and it's cheaper.

£150 = $207

People are paying $300 for a new one, or $200 for a refurbished console, but the launch price WAS pretty high in Europe.

Most places are selling it for around £200 now in the UK not sure about the rest of EU.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

shingi_70

Man so many threads on these site become astroturf for Nintendo these days.

To the original question its a combination of a lot of gamers today grew up with the 32 bit era and above meaning they probably had sony or Microsoft systems. The 2nd is Nintendo eff'd up pretty badly with the Wii U.

To the 2nd nonsense being talked about its not hard to understand why the Wii U isn't woth the $300 compared to a Xbox One or PS4.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

sub12

I think a lot of the disrespect, if you want to even call it that, from the 20 and above crowd is the feeling that they are being generally ignored by Nintendo. While Sony and Microsoft market to this crowd actively, and at least give the notion that they listen, Nintendo does not do the same. During the 90s, although Nintendo still maintained a family friendly image, they were also able to remain on top as far as maintaining the technical lead and also catering to a wide variety of gamers..........now we get Nintendo Land on a system which has more in common with the consoles released 8 years ago in comparison to the Xbone and PS4.

sub12

kkslider5552000

To be fair, anyone that gets a home console solely for technical power/graphics is an idiot and should be ignored. Not just because going for more power is a terrible idea that will needlessly cost more companies and thus more people's jobs and trying to justify that in order to play more brown shooters because you're too scared to play games your friends don't have makes you a pathetic human being, but because high-end PCs will always outdo them easily. If I cared, I would have gotten a really good gaming PC and been done with it already.

I agree with the logic that no one of value is fully disrespecting Nintendo because that is a terrible idea if you have any respect for gaming as a whole, especially compared to how most major gaming companies act and treat their own customers or their own franchises nowadays compared to Nintendo. They just find it frustrating and want Nintendo to do better, even if some of them don't realize how idiotic and shortsighted their ideas of how to "improve" Nintendo are,

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

EverythingAmiibo

In High-school, RIGHT NOW, so many people hate on Nintendo for no reason. It's simple though, these people are all the 'popular kids', they get popular by making the right friends, saying the right stuff and doing the right things. Right now Sony and Microsoft are the 'cool thing' since they cater to the over 18s who run the internet, which in turn caters to the 12-18s who suck up anything youtube dishes them out. Dissing Nintendo literally GAINS you 'popularity points' at my school! Luckily for me I have a reputation for beating on anyone who disses me (and I got a pretty freaking built body too!), this means I can take out my 3DS at lunch, anyone else would instantly get the age old phrase "Are you playing Pokeemon!?" followed by hysterical laughter at the mere mention of the game. Deep down in everyone's (non-gamers) hearts, they all love Nintendo for their childhood memories, it's just not cool to express that right now

Edited on by EverythingAmiibo

EverythingAmiibo

Nintendo Network ID: PvtOttobot | Twitter:

RobbEJay

@Pvtottobot
Thats nothing really new either, its no different than the SNES vs. Genesis days. The Genesis was the 'cool' kid's console, and Sonic was the the 'cool' game. Kids always wanna feel mature and grown up, and they think hating on things that are "kiddie" is the ticket. Sadly there are plenty of adults that think the same way.

I think the whole 'disrespect' or whatever you wanna call it is rather overblown though. Not just because a lot of it isn't as malicious as people believe, but Nintendo has been plenty popular despite that. All the hate for Mario, Pokemon, and co. certainly hasn't stopped them from selling millions, and even tens of millions. Heck, those two alone are the two biggest, most lucrative franchises in the industry.

Edited on by RobbEJay

RobbEJay

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.