Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Why people aren't respecting Nintendo?

Showing 121 to 140 of 247

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

121. Posted:

@SCAR392 Um actually dude you are the one who brought up price.

Edit: See my next post.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

Zombie_Barioth

122. Posted:

I feel like a dunce now, I forgot NL sends messages directly to your email. Oops.:$

Anyway, @SCAR392, Thats not What I meant. If someone decides they want an Xbox, they aren't going to get PS4 instead, meaning "a Kinect-less Xbox One still wouldn't be a PS4, regardless." is pointless unless you meant something else by that. Not everyone wants the kinect, the gamepad, or whatever other feature and sees no value in paying for a feature they won't use.

In the Wii U's case those that don't like the gamepad and don't want it still have to pay for it AND pay for a more suitable one, Even then its still required for certain things, so they'll have to use it even if they don't want to. Switching controllers like that can get rather annoying.

Edited on by Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

123. Posted:

Kodeen wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Kodeen
Why wouldn't you want the GamePad or Kinect? That's the real question.

Gamepad - it's the size of a dinner plate and keeps the info I need from the screen I actually want to look at.

Kinect - $100.

@Jazzer94
First post that brought up price. Do you just like, not read the posts, or something?

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

124. Posted:

Zombie_Barioth wrote:

If someone decides they want an Xbox, they aren't going to get PS4 instead...Not everyone wants the kinect, the gamepad, or whatever other feature and sees no value in paying for a feature they won't use.

Exactly, which is why they wouldn't buy it and is also why price is no longer up for discussion.

Kinect and the GamePad are what Nintendo and Microsoft want to offer their customers as standard purchases for the console. It doesn't make sense that they would exclude them, from my perspective, because if said company offers an attractive enough reason to buy said products, you're going to buy it, anyway. If more apps on iPad used a second screen, via Apple TV, and Apple knew they could get more money from bundling both of those, they would.

Apple could give customers an Apple TV for free, with every iPad purchase. That's how bad they're ripping people off.

EDIT: In otherwords, would you be angry if Apple gave you an Apple TV, if you bought an iPad, or would you then question the current price by subtracting the Apple TV?

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Zombie_Barioth

125. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Zombie_Barioth wrote:

If someone decides they want an Xbox, they aren't going to get PS4 instead...Not everyone wants the kinect, the gamepad, or whatever other feature and sees no value in paying for a feature they won't use.

Exactly, which is why they wouldn't buy it and is also why price is no longer up for discussion.

Kinect and the GamePad are what Nintendo and Microsoft want to offer their customers as standard purchases for the console. It doesn't make sense that they would exclude them, from my perspective, because if said company offers an attractive enough reason to buy said products, you're going to buy it, anyway. If more apps on iPad used a second screen, via Apple TV, and Apple knew they could get more money from bundling both of those, they would.

Apple could give customers an Apple TV for free, with every iPad purchase. That's how bad they're ripping people off.

EDIT: In otherwords, would you be angry if Apple gave you an Apple TV, if you bought an iPad, or would you then question the current price by subtracting the Apple TV?

To make that work you need to make people feel like they're getting something worthwhile for the money. Your comparison is more like a special promo, your not buying the ipad for the Apple TV, so it no being there wouldn't matter. In this case the kinect or gamepad is apart of and affects the price. Think of it like the bundle trickery ISPs use. You know how they price gouge if you don't bundle, right? Same principle, if I don't want cable or phone why can't I just opt out and pay less?

Zombie_Barioth

AuthorMessage

Aviator

126. Posted:

And once again we have allowed scar to spew his nonsense.

Even in this thread he asserted that he know more than we all do, why do you bother repeatedly trying to cram sense into him.

Aint gonna work.

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

127. Posted:

@Zombie_Barioth
Apple makes around $200 per iPad. They'd be able to bundle the Apple TV, at the same MSRP.

Everyone is also forgetting that they dropped the price by $50. That automatically makes any price complaints, obsolete. People wanted $80 off, in exchange for the GamePad, so they got $50 off, with the GamePad.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Zombie_Barioth

128. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Zombie_Barioth
Apple makes around $200 per iPad. They'd be able to bundle the Apple TV, at the same MSRP.

Everyone is also forgetting that they dropped the price by $50. That automatically makes any price complaints, obsolete. People wanted $80 off, in exchange for the GamePad, so they got $50 off, with the GamePad.

It doesn't really matter what Apple can afford, and that goes right back to the principal idea with the bundle.

Nobody is forgetting they dropped the price, the point is some people don't want the gamepad at all, discount or otherwise.

Zombie_Barioth

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

129. Posted:

@Zombi_Barioth
It does matter what Apple can afford, though. They can give their customers more than they are, so I don't see why they fail to do that. Ya, so if people don't want the GamePad, then don't buy a Wii U.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

130. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Kodeen wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Kodeen
Why wouldn't you want the GamePad or Kinect? That's the real question.

Gamepad - it's the size of a dinner plate and keeps the info I need from the screen I actually want to look at.

Kinect - $100.

@Jazzer94
First post that brought up price. Do you just like, not read the posts, or something?

No I didn't read every post I skimmed the last 3 pages because I couldn't be bothered when I knew what the conversation would turn into so my mistake.

The Jazzloggery
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

131. Posted:

@SCAR392 That would be why people aren't buying a Wii U they don't see value in the gamepad.

The Jazzloggery

AuthorMessage

Dreamz

132. Posted:

When I bought my Wii U the gamepad wasn't even a consideration...I just wanted to play Nintendo games and that was that.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U
Currently playing: Bayonetta

AuthorMessage

DualWielding

133. Posted:

Dreamz wrote:

When I bought my Wii U the gamepad wasn't even a consideration...I just wanted to play Nintendo games and that was that.

i think that's the case with most people the gamepad is not real selling point, sure most people who got it like it...... but most Wii U owners would have still bought the console if there was no gamepad because they are NIntendo fans.......

PSN: Fertheseeker

AuthorMessage

Reala

134. Posted:

I'd be one of those more interested in wii u if it came without the screen controller and a price reduction to go with it, the thrills that come from its as revolutionary as an everyday mobile phone like touch screen; I could probably find it within me somehow to live without that.

Reala

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

135. Posted:

Reala wrote:

I'd be one of those more interested in wii u if it came without the screen controller and a price reduction to go with it, the thrills that come from its as revolutionary as an everyday mobile phone like touch screen; I could probably find it within me somehow to live without that.

Wasn't it already reduced in Europe for a while?

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Reala

136. Posted:

It was reduced heavily in shops that where basically trying to get rid of their wii u stock, mostly from certain stores going under, the price on amazon uk for a wii u new is just over £250 currently, personally waiting on that dropping below £200 its just not worth any more than that to me personally, not being a SSB, MK or general Mario fan really, not to say there aren't other things I would like but the price isn't right for me yet based on its current and promised library.

Reala

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

137. Posted:

Reala wrote:

It was reduced heavily in shops that where basically trying to get rid of their wii u stock, mostly from certain stores going under, the price on amazon uk for a wii u new is just over £250 currently, personally waiting on that dropping below £200 its just not worth any more than that to me personally, not being a SSB, MK or general Mario fan really, not to say there aren't other things I would like but the price isn't right for me yet based on its current and promised library.

It was below £200 it was like £150.

The Jazzloggery

AuthorMessage

Reala

138. Posted:

I passed up those clearance sales because of its game library, don't think WW HD was even announced when I saw the wii u's at half price, pretty much the only game that's out now I really want on it, even then I still have it on GC so obviously not in any rush, if it was £150 again today I'd probably get it, retron 5 comes before wii u for me though.

Reala

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

139. Posted:

Reala wrote:

I passed up those clearance sales because of its game library, don't think WW HD was even announced when I saw the wii u's at half price, pretty much the only game that's out now I really want on it, even then I still have it on GC so obviously not in any rush, if it was £150 again today I'd probably get it, retron 5 comes before wii u for me though.

Understandable its going for £130 at PC World on clearance but probably hard to find one.
http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-wii-u-premium-32gb-1...

Edited on by Jazzer94

The Jazzloggery

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

140. Posted:

I don't see how you could pass up a price like that, even with the current library. The Wii U still has more games than PS4 or Xbox One, and it's cheaper.

£150 = $207

People are paying $300 for a new one, or $200 for a refurbished console, but the launch price WAS pretty high in Europe.

$¢@®³’²