Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Tomb Raider sales mistake.......

Showing 21 to 40 of 65

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sinister

21. Posted:

It sold 3.4 million and SE expected sales between 5 and 6 million based on its metacritic score... SE is just too funny sometimes.
I still can't understand how you could project sales based ona platform that gets paid for weighting certain reviews more than others.

3DS FC: 4553-9946-1131

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SuperKMx

22. Posted:

Sinister wrote:

I still can't understand how you could project sales based ona platform that gets paid for weighting certain reviews more than others.

It doesn't get paid for weighting reviews. Weighting reviews is just something that it does. It's of no benefit for anyone to pay them to make their score count for more in the overall score.

Ken Barnes,
Editor-in-chief,
Pure Xbox

Like us on Facebook! - http://www.facebook.com/PureXbox
Add us on Twitter! - http://www.twitter.com/PureXbox

3DS Friend Code: 4897-7320-2979 | Nintendo Network ID: KMxRetro | Twitter: KMxRetro

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

23. Posted:

The honest truth is they should have just released it on WiiU and then they would have gotten a bit closer to their projection... Oh well I guess it's too late now because that bridge needed to be crossed early but now it's starting to burn ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

24. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

The honest truth is they should have just released it on WiiU and then they would have gotten a bit closer to their projection... Oh well I guess it's too late now because that bridge needed to be crossed early but now it's starting to burn ;)

Release a fantastic game on the Wii U for it to sell under 50,000 copies.

Talk about high in demand!

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

25. Posted:

Seeing how we are just making predictions my guesstimate would be around 1 - 2 million ;)

The big issue SE have now is a game that cost them alot to create with only a minimal amount received back for the effort. A late port won't cut it anymore because most of us WiiUsers have moved on to better more exclusive things with Lego City and Monster Hunter ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

26. Posted:

If Tomb Raider was released on Wii U, Square Enix would have an even higher goal to reach. Which would be unnecessary. (Supporting Wii U as of now is unnecessary, actually.)

Moving onto an expansion of a Wii game and a Lego game is quite an improvement indeed.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

27. Posted:

Because only selling 3 million out of the 100 million PS360 user install base is a magnificent achievement ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

28. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Because only selling 3 million out of the 100 million PS360 user install base is a magnificent achievement ;)

This can be applied to every game and every install base that has ever existed.

You're trying too hard. If you're going to try to troll, you're going to have to use some logic. ;)

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamer83

29. Posted:

LOL, a three year old port and a decent open world Lego game is moving on to better games? I've come to expect the fanboys here to post crazy stuff but wow.

Gamer83

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

30. Posted:

Tomb Raider is almost 20 years old so it's not exactly new to the scene and all they really did was change it into Uncharted with Lara Croft ;)

I remember buying the first one on Saturn then 2 & 3 for PC when 3DFX video cards were all the rage back when they actually sold upwards of 10 million units in the first 6 months of release.

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

steamhare

31. Posted:

Eien1239 wrote:

That means(hope the math is right) Square wanted to make more than 204 mil to make a profit. And that would be as crazy as them needing to make that amount in the first place.

Just so you know, this isn't really how expectations work. Square can, and probably will, still make a profit if they don't meet expectations. Their stock, however, could be devalued.

steamhare

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

32. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Tomb Raider is almost 20 years old so it's not exactly new to the scene and all they really did was change it into Uncharted with Lara Croft ;)

It's not a surprise Nintendo fans have no idea what a re-imagining (reboot), is.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

33. Posted:

It's not selling any systems or making me want to buy another preowned PS3 whereas that 3 year old port is doing exactly that... You even bought it again so your point still stands as moot ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

34. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

It's not selling any systems or making me want to buy another preowned PS3 whereas that 3 year old port is doing exactly that... You even bought it again so your point still stands as moot ;)

I never bought the Wii U for Monster Hunter. Though, it's a good expansion pack nonetheless.

Tomb Raider isn't selling consoles because everyone who enjoys the franchise already owns a PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Ultimate moving consoles just shows you how slow the Wii U is crawling, lol.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

35. Posted:

It's crawling even better then the PS360 did at launch lol ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

36. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

It's crawling even better then the PS360 did at launch lol ;)

That has nothing to do with what we're talking about, lol. Nice try, though. :)

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Peach64

37. Posted:

And TR, TR2 and TR3 haven't sold 10 million in their entire lifetimes, so your claim about them selling over 10 million within the first 6 months is quite wide of the mark.

At this point, you're just trolling, and doing a bad job of it. ZombiU is still the best selling third party with 400,000 units shifted. I'm not sure what logic you're applying to predict Tomb Raider would sell 2 million units on Wii U. I'm pretty sure the 360 had higher worldwide sales than the Wii U after 6 months too. Wii U only had a better first couple of months because they made enough consoles. 360 was sold out for the first two months of it's life and going for double the price on ebay. We've all seen the stories about what happened to Wii U consoles bought to sell on ebay... they all got taken back because it didn't sell out.

Honestly, you're making us Nintendo fans look bad with your fanboyism.

Peach64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

38. Posted:

Way off the mark with the fanheadism honey ;) but I'm not the one that wants the series to die with meagre sales because this should have sold at least 5 million on each console... 3 million between 2 systems is a disappointment to SE.

Really not much difference saying WiiU is disappointing because it has only sold 3 - 4 million in 4 months ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

39. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Really not much difference saying WiiU is disappointing because it has only sold 3 - 4 million in 4 months ;)

Way off the mark, honey.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

40. Posted:

Untitled

MAB