Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 561 to 580 of 3,237

Ravage

I will warn against KOTOR because it runs extremely crappy on my computer at least. I know mine isn't the only one; I don't think it likes new hardware. I get massive screen tearing, but with V-sync enabled, sometimes the cutscenes and stuff will crash your game for some reason. Plus, what I did play of it, I found kind of boring.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

irken004

Ravage wrote:

I will warn against KOTOR because it runs extremely crappy on my computer at least. I know mine isn't the only one; I don't think it likes new hardware. I get massive screen tearing, but with V-sync enabled, sometimes the cutscenes and stuff will crash your game for some reason. Plus, what I did play of it, I found kind of boring.

Yeah those technical issues worried me because Lucasarts titles won't run well on Win 7 :/

Aliens VS Predator seems good too but I have the "classic" version.

y2josh

It is tempting.

I'll take Ravage's word for it.

Edited on by y2josh

y2josh

Ravage

$2.50 may be worth the risk though. I paid twice that last Christmas. But if you don't care about not getting your coffee tomorrow morning, go for it!

y2josh

Well, I didn't think I would like it anyways. I like Star Wars and have heard good things, but I don't like western RPGs. So, I probably won't ever try it if I won't bite for 2.50 lol.

y2josh

Aviator

rustythekid wrote:

I really really really want to play Super Meat Boy but without a pad it's impossible. Guess I'll have to wait, and i really laughed at the blister phase haha.

I dont think it will be too hard for Keyboard.

I reckon they will have movement mapped to the arrow keys, with X for run and Z for jump, and any one of those surrounding buttons can be used to jump large gaps.

Also, I'm a bit disappointed with the last few days of the sale. The first 2 saw me buy lots of games, and that dwindled down, but I guess it's just a matter of personal opinion.

Also, on gameplay for AvP(vH) the alien and predator campaigns are nothing special, but the Human campaign almost feels like Deep Space, and multiplayer is good.

Finally its good to see alot of you jump on Monkey Island. It's a great game, nd hopefully you'll all buy the first.

bythewaysecretofmonkeyislandtwoistheonlygamethatihaveoutofthosewinkwinknudgenudgeohandialsohaveworldofgooandtrinecoughcough

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Ravage

Yeah, I'm just going to use the keyboard... And also already have the Monkey Island games. If you don't have the Monkey Island games, buy it now! Also, buy the Indie Air pack!

dangermouseuk78

I already have two of the indie air pack dogfighter havent played to much of that as yet also have the great Altitude fun multiplayer game i would recommend.

dangermouseuk78

irken004

Well, now that the sales are almost over (today is the last day for the Give and Get sales), what did u all get?

My loot:
Batman Arkham Asylum- $10.20

And... that was it

Xkhaoz

Half Life 2 ($0)

I'm hoping to snatch up something good before the sale ends.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Slapshot

Orange Box
Left for Dead 2
2 Indy Pack totaling 10 games

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

dangermouseuk78

I got Blur and Alien Vs Predator and Dirt 2 all bargins, probs cheaper than a retail game for all 3. Sadly Nyxquest was in a pack of games so passed heard good things about it. So ill either get if its in xmas sales or buy it for Wii.

dangermouseuk78

Ravage

Yeah, I wouldn't mind taking a copy of NyxQuest off your hands. Do you have Monkey Island 2?

rustythekid

@Terra: I was going to tell you I'd trade you Half Life 2 for NyxQuest, I was about to hit Post Reply when I thought: wait a sec.. ohhhh ok.

Hey guys, I've seen some of you talking abour CYRI before, is there a chance can you run it can be wrong? I really want Dirt 2 but it says:

Minimum: AMD Athlon 64 X2, Pentium D 3.0 GHz
You Have: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20GHz

Until yesterday I was sure its calculations were always accurate but a friend told me he could run RE5 after he analyzed his hardware there and it failed.

Edited on by rustythekid

rustythekid

Aviator

My loot.
And Yet It Moves
Flight Control (HD)
Gish
Recetter: An Item Shops Tail
Street Fight IV
World of Goo

@rusty I have never had a problem with CYRI, but I wouldn't risk it, seeing as you can lost a bit of money.

Edited on by Aviator

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.