Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 581 to 600 of 3,310

rustythekid

Shatter is downloading
The indie packs are the best thing in this sale. and ever.

rustythekid

rustythekid

Mickeymac wrote:

I will wait until Shatter is on sale by itself.

You can't go wrong with Cogs and Tidalis anyway (especially with Cogs) buy the pack if you can. Trust me.

rustythekid

HolyMackerel

The Indie Puzzle Pack is so tempting, but I already have Shatter. I wish I could gift the game away after purchase, but that's not possible. It's an awesome deal though.

HolyMackerel

CanisWolfred

rustythekid wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

I will wait until Shatter is on sale by itself.

You can't go wrong with Cogs and Tidalis anyway (especially with Cogs) buy the pack if you can. Trust me.

You can when you don't like puzzle games. Shatter is at least actiony enough to hold my attention. I disliked the demoes for both those...

...the hell with it...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

HolyMackerel

@Mickeymac Worst case scenario is you get Shatter at 50% off. If you like any of the other games, that's a bonus.

I'd still suggest you get the Indie Pulse Pack while it's still up. BIT.TRIP BEAT is on sale now for 50% off, which ends up at the same price as the Pulse Pack anyway. May as well get the 5 games.

HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

Glad you like it! Don't you just get so pumped playing it? Everything about the game is class. My favourite song is Granular Extractor:

[youtube:euFi0PLtzv8]

At 2:26 the song gets amazing.

HolyMackerel

Aviator

Everyone should get Bit.Trip.BEAT.

I'm also picking up Street Fight 4, 10 bucks, hellz yeah.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

edhe

Aviator wrote:

Come back to me on how it controls. I'd probably be interested if it's easy to play. I guess it has Gamepad support, but the one I own isn't very good...

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Aviator

edhe wrote:

Aviator wrote:

Come back to me on how it controls. I'd probably be interested if it's easy to play. I guess it has Gamepad support, but mine isn't too good...

I think it plays almost the same to Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

EDIT: Looking at the manual now...

Edited on by Aviator

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

HolyMackerel

I'd get SF4, except SSF4 3D is coming out on the 3DS soon.

Apparently the PC version of SF4's online play isn't that busy, and the PS3 version is the busiest.

HolyMackerel

edhe

HolyMackerel wrote:

That was on my mind, but my concern with that is that gripping the 3DS wouldn't be very comfortable - I know my DSi isn't very nice to hold classic style.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

HolyMackerel

edhe wrote:

HolyMackerel wrote:

That was on my mind, but my concern with that is that gripping the 3DS wouldn't be very comfortable - I know my DSi isn't very nice to hold classic style.

But.... 3D! StreetPass!

In all seriousness though, I find the DSi's D-pad just fine.

SF4 PC would only be worth getting if you have a compatible USB gamepad or arcade stick. I doubt it supports anything more than Xbox 360 pads either, since it's a GFWL game. Enjoy keyboard inputting your shoryukens.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

Aviator

HolyMackerel wrote:

edhe wrote:

HolyMackerel wrote:

But.... 3D! StreetPass!

SF4 PC would only be worth getting if you have a compatible USB gamepad or arcade stick. I doubt it supports anything more than Xbox 360 pads either, since it's a GFWL game. Enjoy keyboard inputting your shoryukens.

I will enjoy inputting my shoryukens with my Xbox 360 Controller.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

dangermouseuk78

edhe wrote:

Aviator wrote:

Come back to me on how it controls. I'd probably be interested if it's easy to play. I guess it has Gamepad support, but the one I own isn't very good...

The controls are ok proper arcade stick would be better, But like many pc games its default control setting is the 360 pad and can be a pain to map controls to other pads.

HolyMackerel wrote:

Apparently the PC version of SF4's online play isn't that busy, and the PS3 version is the busiest.

Never short of someone to fight online on SF4 for pc well i never had a problem.

dangermouseuk78

A-SWE

I was aiming Splinter Cell until I realised it has UBis new horrible drm

[url=http://backloggery.com/mrb][/url]

Ravage

Yeah, I'm not sure what is wrong with Ubi, they really are treating us like thieves.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

HolyMackerel

Aviator wrote:

HolyMackerel wrote:

edhe wrote:

HolyMackerel wrote:

But.... 3D! StreetPass!

I will enjoy inputting my shoryukens with my Xbox 360 Controller.

Good for you. I was talking about those of us who game with generic USB gamepads. Microsoft, in their totalitarian laziness, refuse to let us use the perfectly legitimate hardware we already own to play their GFWL games. I have no reason to support GFWL if they intend to restrict my gameplay like that.

Also, for those of you with a 360 or PS3 you're far better off getting SSF4. It's rebalanced, has more moves and has a larger roster.

HolyMackerel

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.