Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 801 to 820 of 16,083

banacheck

You'll Now Be Able to Buy PSN Content Directly from Amazon.

This is potentially huge. As if there wasn’t enough excitement already cycling the PlayStation brand, Amazon has announced that it has launched its own version of the PlayStation Store – bringing competition to the console digital download space for the first time since the inception of Sony’s virtual plaza. What does this mean? That you’ll now have an alternative venue to purchase digital downloads outside of the PS4, PS3, and Vita’s on-board apps.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/11/youll_now_be_able_to_b...

This is big and excellent news for console gamers.

banacheck

banacheck

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 will receive exclusive content, Hideo Kojima has revealed on Twitter in the image below. The prologue to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is set nine years prior to the main game's events.

"Prologue to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain," reads the text. "Takes place in 1975 after Peace Walker and nine years before The Phantom Pain. Multiple missions with central story mode and side-ops missions.

"Exclusive content for PlayStation platform."

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes will have exclusive content on both PlayStation4 & PlayStation3 a nice bonus for PlayStation owners, i having a feeling The Phantom Pain will also see exclusive content.

Also Rayman Legends will be hitting Next-Gen consoles PS4/XboxOne.

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot dropped the bombshell during the company's 2013-2014 fiscal year conference call, tagging the next-gen version of Rayman Legends with an early 2014 launch date.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

shingi_70

A quick PS4 UI walkthrough

It was also announced that upon release The Binding of Issac and Don't STarve will be in PS+. Next month's PS+ game will probabl be outlast since it doesn't have a 2014 date.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

Shots of the UI

Login
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

What's New
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Live Details
[img]http://abload.de/img/ps4_launch_broll_1_nohueh7.png[/img
Untitled

PS Store
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

You can get a PS4 right now if your in NY

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

rallydefault

Lol My PC is a beast, and even then the cursor jumped for a second or two when I loaded this page.

rallydefault

Ryno

Hey, does anybody know what the PS4's user interface looks like?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Blast

I am surprised you guys aren't talking about how PS4's Knack is getting slammed by so many reviewers (check out IGN and Rev3Games). The only average score I've seen it get was from GameInformer (8.00 then got pushed to a 8.25 strangely). Everyone else is trashing this game. Killzone: Shadowfall is being called a generic shooter with just pretty graphics and the occasional interesting element (look at IGN and Rev3Games). Adam Sessler didn't exactly sound impressed by Killzone: Shadowfall at all.
Now why am I bringing this up?
We all are looking forward to the PS4 so thats why I brought it up. I REALLY WISH THAT INFAMOUS: SECOND SON was a launch title. That game look insanly good. It also sucks that Watch Dogs got delayed. I would've love to play that game on PS4's launch day at a friends house.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

rallydefault

Eh, I don't expect launch games to get amazing reviews. They really never had. Man, just thinking about any game not CoD at the 360 launch gives me headaches: remember Kameo and Perfect Dark?

People jumped all over the Wii U's launch lineup, and I defended those games to the last. So I'm just trying to be understanding by not turning around and doing the same thing to Sony - I'd be no better than the vicious internet trolls we were fending off one year ago.

rallydefault

Tasuki

CanisWolfred wrote:

^Oh god the zillions of pictures! Maybe next time you could link us to a photo album instead?

Lol Quote of the day. Lol

Just a quick question on the PSN App. I tried to get it on my Phone which is a Samsung Galaxy Blaze and all I am getting is a your device can't support the following app message. I don't get it its a droid OS phone so I should be able to get it. Anyone else getting this message?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

shingi_70

its only for android 4.0 and up. what version of android is the blaze.

WAT!

shingi_70

its only for android 4.0 and up. what version of android is the blaze.

WAT!

Tasuki

@Sony_70: I am not sure but I have had the phone for about 2 years I want to say, Is there a way I can update the OS without buying a new phone?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

kkslider5552000

Knack looks like a really, really good...example of a game that needs a better sequel.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CanisWolfred

I was secretly hoping Knack would be good, but honestly, I think everyone saw it coming.

As for Killzone, it's been getting respectable reviews from people whose opinions are actually worth a damn (see: anybody but Rev3, IGN, Gamespot, and Polygon).

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

^hey Rev3 can be good sometimes and maybe's its because I grew up with G4 but I trust adam sessler. IGN is way to close to the publishers to take anything they say with face value. The Playstation team is pretty much an extenstion of the PS blog.

I still have hopes for Knack but not at $60.

WAT!

CanisWolfred

Sony_70 wrote:

^hey Rev3 can be good sometimes and maybe's its because I grew up with G4 but I trust adam sessler. IGN is way to close to the publishers to take anything they say with face value. The Playstation team is pretty much an extenstion of the PS blog.

I still have hopes for Knack but not at $60.

They have good features and other types of videos, but I never really liked their reviews. Heck, I didn't even like Sessler's reviews on G4...i respect the guy, but I don't quite respect his tastes in games.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Supermarioman

So umm... yeah anyone else getting that launch failure anxiety about now? http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/14/broken-playstation-4-s...
I don't know a whole lot of details and I know a couple of people who have had trouble have had their issues resolved, but it wasn't until today it dawned on me the reality that of any next-generation console PS4 is most likely to have hardware trouble. Nintendo has long understood how to make quality products and using less means less heat output and Microsoft learned their lesson with 360 and just made the Xbox One huge with a crap ton of fans and it seems to me would have learned from experience. PS4 on the other hand is attempting to be compact and isn't using a power brick so I'm at least a little scared about the potential for hardware failure more so than I ever previously was. Probably just pre-console jitters, but it's still something that is concerns me.

Supermarioman

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic