Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 5,061 to 5,080 of 16,083

Peach64

A few weeks ago I posted about the rush of Japanese games coming out in just the space of a few weeks, and so far they've all been critical hits. Nioh is currently sitting on an 87 metacritic, the best received Team Ninja game since Ninja Gaiden Black. I've bought way too many games recently but will have to make time for it soon.

Peach64

Octane

@Peach64 Indeed, great start of the year! Nioh, RE7, Gravity Rush 2 and Yakuza 0. I've only heard (and seen) good things about them. Still haven't bought a single game this year unfortunately!

Octane

Ralizah

Japanese home console game development has really started to make a comeback after it... basically died last gen. This year is looking quite impressive in particular.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Octane

@Grumblevolcano So it three years of people complaining and all it took was a software update? Oh well, glad it's added. We can already create folders, right? I think that HDD support was the last thing that was needed on the platform. Can't think of anything that isn't there already, so in that regard it's pretty much perfect now.

Octane

Dezzy

Does the PS4 really need HDD support? Isnt the minimum hard drive 500GB already?

People need to just delete stuff more often!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy PS4 games are big so a 500GB PS4 is equivalent to a 32GB Wii U in terms of storage concerns.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

500 GB is fine if you don't play a lot of AAA games that take up 50+ GB each on the hard drive.

It is pretty limiting otherwise, though.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dezzy

I guess some people just buy games digitally nowadays so maybe 500GB is too small for them. When you buy disks, it's easy enough to just delete and reinstall stuff.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

CanisWolfred

Dezzy wrote:

I guess some people just buy games digitally nowadays so maybe 500GB is too small for them. When you buy disks, it's easy enough to just delete and reinstall stuff.

It's easy if you don't mind having to wait until tomorrow to play a game you popped in today. :T Personally, I want to play a new game I got right freakin' now, not 8 hours from now, if I'm lucky. And honestly, more often than not, by then, something else has already stolen my attention...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Gamer83

Even something like Gravity Rush 2 takes up, 20 GB. 500 GB is not acceptable in 2017. Frankly, it wasn't in 2013. Nice to see Sony finally pull its head out of the sand and get with the times.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Octane

@CanisWolfred Disc installs don't take that long though. I don't even recall waiting for the game to install. I always pop the game in and play it right away.

Still HDD support should've been there from the start, but I'm glad it's coming now.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

A good next move for Sony would be to allow people to change their PSN name like how on XBL you can change your gamertag.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CanisWolfred

Octane wrote:

@CanisWolfred Disc installs don't take that long though. I don't even recall waiting for the game to install. I always pop the game in and play it right away.

Still HDD support should've been there from the start, but I'm glad it's coming now.

Arceusdamnit, I want a new PS4, then. It took 2 hours for me to Install Overwatch, and I had already downloaded the beta! And the last time I tried to install Dragon Age: Inquisition, it took an 8 hours. And then I didn't have enough room for patches and DLC, so I had to delete it again. If that's just me, then clearly, I require compensation of some kind.

Oh, yeah, and I almost forgot about the time my brother came over after lunch and said, "hey, you have Final Fantasy XV?! Let's pop it in!" We didn't get to play it until after dinner, and then he had to leave in 2 hours.

Seriously, forced installs are bullpoop, and the more I get to limit its chokehold on my free time, the better.

lighten up with the swearing please, censoring it doesn't work. -Joey

Edited on by Joeynator3000

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Peach64

Installing the games from disc is very quick, it's the patches/updates that take forever.... but I'm pretty sure if you delete the installation, the patches also go with it? This is a great update, although something that should have been there from the start. They also need to make it so you can delete the game installation and keep the patches.

Peach64

Octane

@CanisWolfred That's weird. Although I don't own FFXV or Overwatch, maybe they're the exceptions? Installs are unfortunately required these days. Optical media can't keep up with the data that needs to be read to play the games. It's the same reason why Xenoblade X and Zelda require install patches OR whatever they're called. They games are getting too big for optical media.

Anyway, I don't recall having to wait to install TW3, Uncharted 4 or any other PS4 game for that matter.

Octane

CanisWolfred

@Octane ****, the only games that didn't waste a lot of my time were Digimon Cybersleuths and Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator-....and that's because it's clearly written on the back of the box that they have installs of under 6 GB each...

The Witcher 3's install was less than I thought, though - ~30 GB, IIRC. I dunno. I sold it so I could get the Complete Edition on my PC, because at least I have free space there. I mean, I can get the PS4 version now, if I want. It'll take longer to go on sale, though...and yes, I know it was on sale on Steam just recently...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

JaxonH

Peach64 wrote:

They also need to make it so you can delete the game installation and keep the patches.

This.

The reason I never delete games is because it deletes everything. The game, the updates, DLC... the whole kit and boodle. Now, what happens when servers go down in the future when PS6 is launching? I keep my games forever... What happens when I'm in my 50's and want to take a trip down memory lane and play some retro PS4 games, but can't get all the updates and DLC because the system is ancient?

That's why I want all my games installed, forever. Even Wii U let you delete a game but keep the updates and DLC. That said, the new external HDD update will solve everything. Just went and ordered a 4TB external to match my 4TB for X1. Unfortunately, I already sold off 75% of my PS4 collection (all the multiplats) and repurchased for Xbox One due to space constraints. I'm not going to be switching back over and I'm not going to split my multiplats between two platforms either, so the damage is already done: PS4 is now an exclusives-only system for me this gen. But at least I won't have to worry about running out of space for those, particularly with VR thrown in the mix.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

The_Eggzone

It's about time they add hard drive support! I put a cheap 2 TB laptop drive into my PS4 a while back, but when I eventually upgrade to a Pro, it's going to be such a hassle. I'm one of the 12 people in the world that actually loves 3D Blu Rays, so I'm really curious about the upcoming update more for the fact that Sony will add 3D Blu Ray support to the Playstation VR. Complete eye-separation should be interesting. Maybe 3D Blu Rays were ahead of their time, and will be enjoyed on VR headsets in the future. Or maybe not. On a side note, the last thing that I did with my PSVR was experiment with hooking it up to my Sega Genesis & SegaCD... lol. I posted a short video on my channel as I attempted it, if anyone is curious.

Looking for a laugh? Take a peek at my original video game "console pop song" & music video:
VIDEO GAMES (SET ME FREE) feat. JAYSON LITRIO

Come say hello & swing by my official YouTube channel, Eggzone Revolution (humor/ob...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic