Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 3,901 to 3,920 of 16,083

Octane

I see that Days Gone will become another beloved game of this thread

Anyway, I ordered myself a copy of The Witcher 3 today; I'm in for a treat, right? That means I have to finish Infamous Second Son today; and I've got nothing to do tonight, so I know what I'm going to play.

Octane

Peek-a-boo

It's early days yet.

Outside of the visuals, I wasn't particularly wowed when The Legend of Zelda (now titled Breath of the Wild) was first shown a few years ago however, it is now one of my most eagerly anticipated games on any format.

I will say that Day's Gone shouldn't have been the game to end the Sony E3 conference though. Needs a lot more time in the oven before it makes its next eventual appearance.

Sad to see all the 'hate' directed at No Man's Sky. I haven't reached the centre of the universe yet, but I do thoroughly enjoy my time with it when I hop back in from time to time.

I love seeing completely new creatures, environments and time-of-the-day when I land onto a new planet.

Peek-a-boo

Haru17

Umm, about No Man's Sky, it's really really really not worth reaching the center of the galaxy.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Peek-a-boo

@Haru17 Hmmm.

I feel like I would like to discover the centre of the universe by myself, but on the other hand...

I'll eventually get there and judge it for myself!

I am currently going back to my early save file on Gravity Rush Remastered at the moment.

Kat is such a joy to control and fly around. Makes me even more eager for the sequel!

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah

I watched a video showing off the whole center of the galaxy bit. It was pretty funny when you consider how much they were hyping that part of the game. Everything about the promotion of this game has been incredibly dishonest.

@Peek-a-boo Yeah, one of the things I love about GR is the sheer joy of playing the game. Especially later in the game when your gravity gauge has been upgraded enough that you can stay in the air or walk upside down for a while.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Haru17

The opening of Gravity Rush has this song, so it's already more satisfying than No Man's Sky

Just only keep playing if you're enjoying the moment to moment, is all I'm saying.

Peek-a-boo

I want to listen to you guys, but I also don't.

All I will ask is if these two scenarios are the 'centre of the universe':

a) Upon reaching the centre of the universe, it doesn't actually show anything of note? A pitch black void of nothingness perhaps, hence the disappointing nature of the ending?

b) The number '42' appears (on screen)?

If it isn't, I shall just carry on discovering new planets and enjoy the game for what it is... which I am!

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo It's difficult to say what it is without spoiling, but in my opinion it's far more disappointing than the options you suggested. Just don't rush to the centre to find out what it's all about, it's not worth it.

Octane

Peek-a-boo

@Octane It's more disappointing than showing nothing?

I'm just going to keep exploring and play the game at my own pace. The 'centre of the universe' can wait!

It is more disappointing than a pitch black void of nothingness?!

🙈

Peek-a-boo

CanisWolfred

Haru17 wrote:

I figure, for as much of a show-stopper new IP Horizon was last year, Day's Gone got all of the dullness that was missing. Equivalent exchange.

I actually thought both looked horribly boring during E3. I mean, the combat and story in Horizon seemed like they might be good, but it just seems like the kind of game I'd get bored of in about 30 minutes and then never touch again.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Haru17

@Peek-a-boo It's certainly more disappointing than the number 42 appearing on the screen. That, at least, would have meme potential.

Ralizah

I have my doubts about the game progression in Horizon itself (preparing myself for a more linear adventure than I would have preferred), but the combat in that demo was awesome. If the game has more fights like that, it might be worth getting for the combat alone.

Also, nice to get a Western AAA game without an angry white dude as the main character. Angry white womyn FTW!

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

RR529

So, when is Sony's TGS stream?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Haru17

@RR529 It's on Wednesday when they'll reveal a new console and show a bunch of games.

RR529

@Haru17, thanks!

Sorry for doubling up on the questions, but know what time it'll be in Central (US) timezone?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Haru17

@RR529 It's at 3 pm in NY, so 2 pm for you.

It's also not for TGS, but it's very unlikely they'd have another press conference so soon after their own Playstation Meeting.

RR529

Thanks again.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

IceClimbers

@Haru17 They already announced their TGS conference actually! It's on September 13th.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Haru17

@IceClimbers @RR529 Huh.

I'm inclined to think that'll be a lot of recap, falling only one week later, but who can say?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic