Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 3,921 to 3,940 of 16,083

Octane

@Haru17 TGS will be the big one in terms of games. I'm not sure what people expect from the meeting this week, but I doubt it'll be your average 2-hour E3 presser. I'd imagine 50% talking about new hardware, probably VR stuff as well, other stuff like PS Now and PS+, and maybe some more game trailers.

Octane

Haru17

You'd be surprised how flat 12-month-away boxes fall without stuffing and confetti.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Peek-a-boo

Sony's conference at the Tokyo Games Show was really good last year!

They showed all of these games in just ninety minutes:

• 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (PS4, PS Vita)
  • Bloodborne: The Old Hunters (PS4)
  • Gravity Rush Remastered (PS4)
  • Gravity Rush 2 (PS4)
  • Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone (PS4)
  • I Am Setsuna (PS4, PS Vita)
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue (PS4)
  • The King of Fighters XIV (PS4)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force (PS Vita)
  • New Danganronpa V3 (PS4, PS Vita)
  • Nioh (PS4)
  • One Piece: Burning Blood (PS4, PS Vita)
  • SaGa: Scarlet Grace (PS Vita)
  • Toukiden 2 (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
  • Umbrella Corps (PS4)
  • Yakuza: Kiwami (PS4, PS3)
  • Yakuza 6 (PS4)

Along with Dragon Quest Builders and Star Ocean 5 demos and their respective Japanese release dates.

I think we can expect at least ten new games to be revealed for 2017, as well as the last drop of information on the PS VR and some of the Japanese exclusive games and interactive software for it.

Just two more days to go until the PlayStation 4 slim (which nobody knows about...) and 'Neo' are unveiled.

Peek-a-boo

Haru17

@Peek-a-boo Indeed. Last year Sony did Paris Games Week, Tokyo Game Show, and Playstation Experience pretty well. However, their reason stated for even going to Paris Games Week was that 2015's Gamescom took place too soon after E3, at the start of August. For a company who was upset about a sub-two month spacing of Press Conferences, I would be shocked if they held two mutually exclusive shows just over a week apart this year.

I mean, sure, you can correct for Japanese, but that only gets you so far. [Besides, we already know Gravity Rush 2 doesn't make it onstage for premier events.]

Edited on by Haru17

IceClimbers

@Haru17 Well TGS is mostly focused on the Japanese audience, so you'll see plenty of Japanese games, including the more niche games, at TGS.

PlayStation Meeting will mostly be focused on hardware. Gamewise, I think it'll mostly be the big ones like Horizon Zero Dawn, Gran Turismo Sport, RE7, etc.

I think the overlap will be minimal.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Peek-a-boo

Yeah, the PlayStation Meeting is purely about the PlayStation 4 slim and 'Neo', as well as showing off some past and a handful of future first party games in 'Neo' mode.

Tokyo Games Show on the other hand is all about the upcoming Japanese developed games.

As IceClimbers said, the overlap between the two conferences will (hopefully!) be minimal.

Peek-a-boo

Aviator

GUYS SPACE CHANNEL 5 AT TGS

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Haru17

Guys, they haven't even said that the Neo will be at the Playstation Meeting. The Slim leaked, and the Neo is a given, but we don't know what else will be there. If they go more than 5 minutes talking about teraflops they're going to lose the room.

Octane

Well they need at least 5 minutes justifying the ugly slim design, so I think the entire event will at least last that long. There's a lot more PlayStation to talk about that isn't games. Apart from the actual hardware, I don't think it'll be too exciting. But you never know, maybe they'll show off a new game or two, but I wouldn't count on it.

Octane

Haru17

@Octane If they deliver a presentation as good as their last two E3s, the Slim won't top two minutes.

Octane

@Haru17 Expect more than just 2 minutes on the PS4 slim. The entire meeting is held for the slim and NEO, not sure what else you're expecting.

Octane

Peek-a-boo

"And here's the all new PlayStation 4 slim, which is available ... as of two weeks ago!"

I'm tempering my expectations, just as I am with Apple and their (iPhone) conference on the very same day.

I don't think I'll be buying any new hardware this year, from either company. I am happy with what I have got!

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Haru17

@Octane Well, I'm assuming Playstation will show off all of the games that are the impetus for is to buy another of their boxes. It's not a nuanced pitch, really. I gurantee you they did not forgo Gamescom and stage their own event ($$$) just to show people 45 minutes of power points + a clip from Horizon and God of War.

Octane

@Haru17 But they're having another game-focused conference next week at TGS, and they're attending Paris Games Week and of course PSX this year. I don't think the focus of the upcoming event will be new games. PlayStation 4 NEO, the Slim, PS+, PS Now and all that other stuff will appear at the meeting, so if you're going into it expecting a second E3, then I think you may be disappointed. I think the big focus will be selling the new hardware. I have no doubt that we'll see games, but I doubt we'll see much new stuff, since any of that may easily overshadow the hardware announcements.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

I would be really surprised if a portion wasn't dedicated to PSVR and how it's a better experience with NEO.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

There's new rumours suggesting the NEO will launch this week.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Peek-a-boo

I don't know whether Sony are crazy-confident or what, but in the next month alone, they have:

PlayStation 4 slim
PlayStation 4 'Neo'
PlayStation VR
A rumoured refreshed PS Vita (although I personally think that this will be discontinued everywhere outside of Japan)

I cannot recall so many new hardware announcements from one company in such a short space of time!

Peek-a-boo

JaxonH

Anyone playing any God Eater Resurrection, God Eater Rage Burst 2 or Deus Ex Mankind Divided?

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

CanisWolfred

Haru17 wrote:

@IceClimbers @RR529 Huh.

I'm inclined to think that'll be a lot of recap, falling only one week later, but who can say?

Yes.

Also, this is why I have Gematsu open in a tab at all times.

@JaxonH - I'm strongly considering the God Eater double-pack, but funds are a bit tight right now, so I have to make a choice:

Untitled

...Oh well, better luck next time...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic