Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 3,881 to 3,900 of 16,083

WebHead

@Octane between spiderman, god of war, and days gone i expect one of them to get delayed into early 2018.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Octane

@WebHead Definitely (and unfortunately) Days Gone. You'd think that they could finish a Spiderman game by the end of 2017; but you never know..

Octane

Haru17

Octane wrote:

Another game delayed. Won't really affect me, but it's one game less this year. Hopefully that means some more sales for TLG and GR2

What it means for certain is that, despite those titles, some people will still say "Sony has no exclusives, I think Xbox are doing better on that front this holiday."

And I will stab them in effigy.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Octane

@Haru17 PSVR will create enough buzz for Sony to do well this holiday season. Let's not forget that the big third party games are still on schedule. Don't think that GTS missing its 2016 date is a huge issue; just kinda sucks for the fans of the franchise.

Octane

Peek-a-boo

@Haru17 I would just openly say that between the 10th of November last year when Rise of the Tomb Raider came out (and a temporary paid exclusive at that too) and the 27th of September this year when Forza Horizon 3 comes out - ten and a half months between those two games - Xbox One owners have only had one (console) exclusive game to play so far this year, and that's Quantum Break. I'm not even joking.

It is all good and well to have a blockbuster line-up in the three months leading up to Christmas however, I would personally rather have them evenly spread out over a whole year instead!

I have bought, played and thoroughly enjoyed The Witness, Street Fighter V, Gravity Rush Remastered, Firewatch, MLB The Show 16, Alienation, Ratchet & Clank, Shadow of the Beast, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, Star Ocean 5 (sadly, this was a little bit underwhelming) as well as the recent trio of ABZÛ, No Man's Sky and Bound.

Granted, Xbox One owners have had a healthy amount of choice of third party games to buy this year, as well as being able to play INSIDE a month or so before it came out on the PlayStation 4, but still...

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah

I'm glad I learned my lesson about supporting Microsoft last gen. I'd be super annoyed if I bought an Xbone for exclusives and then all the exclusives were made available on PC.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

CanisWolfred

I just realized that Days Gone has the perfect title! Because it's an open-world zombie game, so therefore it's day to shine is loooong gone...

ducks rotten tomatoes
dances off stage

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Octane

@CanisWolfred Eh, I'll take a good zombie game over a terrible game anytime, don't really care if it's still ''cool'' enough for a zombie game or not.

Octane

Peek-a-boo

@Shinion It is very serious business, you know?

I loved my Xbox 360 last generation, but the way Microsoft continues to continuously dump all their games during the Christmas build up and do the bare minimum from January to August soon got on my nerves.

As for Days Gone, it looks okay so far. I liked seeing the horde of zombies frantically chasing after you compared to the rather mindlessly slow and stumbling kind of zombies you encounter in other games.

Untitled

Peek-a-boo

Shinion

Whatever becomes of the real serious official Console Exclusive Wars of the 8th genTM, I do think Sony's trump card makes them very hard to beat, the trump card that is No Man's Sky. It's provided many people who weren't bored of drab, boring and annoying survival games when they got tired years ago on Steam with many hours of enjoyment, and as an exceptional bonus it has been just as fun a ride for those who didn't even need to spend $60/£50 on it with all the amazing controversies and hype deflations that have happened since it launched. The many brilliant YouTube videos have only added to the enjoyment, my favourite of them all will always be this, enjoy!

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

CanisWolfred

Hey, I got some PS4 games for sale. Anybody want 'em? One of them is No Man Sky! Still shrinkwrapped! Albeit about 3 weeks past its return date to the Gamestop I bought it from!

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

IceClimbers

Peek-a-boo wrote:

@Haru17 I would just openly say that between the 10th of November last year when Rise of the Tomb Raider came out (and a temporary paid exclusive at that too) and the 27th of September this year when Forza Horizon 3 comes out - ten and a half months between those two games - Xbox One owners have only had one (console) exclusive game to play so far this year, and that's Quantum Break. I'm not even joking.

You forgot ReCore, which comes out on September 13th. That actually looks half decent.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Octane

IceClimbers wrote:

Peek-a-boo wrote:

Haru17 I would just openly say that between the 10th of November last year when Rise of the Tomb Raider came out (and a temporary paid exclusive at that too) and the 27th of September this year when Forza Horizon 3 comes out - ten and a half months between those two games - Xbox One owners have only had one (console) exclusive game to play so far this year, and that's Quantum Break. I'm not even joking.

You forgot ReCore, which comes out on September 13th. That actually looks half decent.

That means Inafune has only two weeks to delay the game! Hurry up!

Octane

Peek-a-boo

@IceClimbers I knew I was forgetting something.

That means Quantum Break was the only (console) exclusive on the Xbox One in ten months, as opposed to ten and a half!

I hope ReCore turns out to be good.

Peek-a-boo

Haru17

ReCore looks interesting, problem is they haven't shown anything... good... of that game. There is a absolutely no hook at present.

And Days Gone's problem is that the protagonist looks exactly like the guy from Ride to Hell. So damn boring :/

Ralizah

Days Gone looks like the most generic game possible, for some reason. I could barely manage to make it through the initial trailer without shifting my attention to something else.

And that narration: my god. I can put up with bad writing, but that bit where he's going on about what a tortured, badass bounty hunter he is really made me cringe.

Regarding Nioh... I think I'm done. For the moment, at least. That succubus boss has kicked my butt around 20 or 30 times now, and I'm to the point where even the thought of fighting her is frustrating me. I hope they balance the difficulty in the final release somewhat.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Octane

@Ralizah I didn't really care for the initial trailer either; the gameplay demo was actually pretty good. The additional info that released shortly after made me want to get the game even more.

Octane

Haru17

I figure, for as much of a show-stopper new IP Horizon was last year, Day's Gone got all of the dullness that was missing. Equivalent exchange.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic