Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 3,481 to 3,500 of 16,083

Tasuki

@Player4 If he plays them on another PS4 with a share play exploit and Sony catches it then both accounts will be banned. Not sure if that was what you were doing or not but I thought I mention it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Player4

@Tasuki I'm not sure how they did it, but they were able to access my profile and all content associated with. However I contacted PlayStation support and they said no other PS4 system other than my own is registered in my account now. Thanks for mentioning tho!

Player4

3DS Friend Code: 4554-1262-6386

Peek-a-boo

Sony, just like Apple has recently implemented, really need to add a two-step passcode/word authorisation.

For the longest time, I had one password for almost everything however, I try to mix it up as much as I can, maybe even changing the password altogether every year!

I was part of the Sony hack several years ago as well as having my Facebook account compromised when I was travelling for a year. It really sucks when it happens, but is also a reminder for you to change things up every now and again.

On a separate note altogether, return back to Dark Souls III after playing the likes of Ratchet & Clank and Uncharted 4 is really tough going...

Peek-a-boo

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

@CanisWolfred I see.

If it's an inconvenience, or you prefer going physical, you could always make your own cover for the game. Or, if you don't care about the way it looks, just take the cover out and put in a slip of paper with the name of the game so you can tell what it is at a glance.

...Damnit, I didn't think of that...and it's on sale for $20 new at Gamestop last I looked...

Sigh

And it just shipped today, too...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Pokefanmum82

I hqve a question. My family just got a PS4 last Friday. My hubby found this game on the PS4 that he wants to play and he says you can play as Pennywise from It and a bunch of other horror characters. But I can't find it anywhere other than the new MK XL but it doesn't have Pennywwise listed as a playable character. Is there another game that has horror movie characters in it?

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

CanisWolfred

Pokefanmum82 wrote:

I hqve a question. My family just got a PS4 last Friday. My hubby found this game on the PS4 that he wants to play and he says you can play as Pennywise from It and a bunch of other horror characters. But I can't find it anywhere other than the new MK XL but it doesn't have Pennywwise listed as a playable character. Is there another game that has horror movie characters in it?

Maybe it's DLC? I don't know. Did he actually see it? Or was he looking online? Because all I got was some Youtube let's plays for The Walking Dead played by someone calling themselves "||pennywise||"...and some Mortal Kombat skins for Leather Face and Aliens, but I think you saw those, too.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Pokefanmum82

he said he saw it on the Playstation itself. Maybe he thought he saw It.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Ralizah

@Pokefanmum82 You can check, and I'm certainly no PS4 game expert, but I haven't heard about Pennywise being in any PS4 games, and a cursory google search reveals nothing on that front.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

CanisWolfred

@Pokefanmum82 It just occured to me...you said you just got a PS4, right? Maybe he just saw an ad for a movie? I really hate how heavily Sony advertises non-gaming content, especially after their "for the gamers" ploy before launch...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tasuki

@CanisWolfred Well of course they are going to advertise non gaming content, that's where they make most of their money and is how they started. Not sure why you would think they would ignore non-gaming stuff.

But I have to agree he probably saw an add for the movie.

My Backlog

JaxonH

@Tasuki

Oh I know you have. I saw right away how much you loved that game. It's supposed to be really good. Shame I'm not into competitive online or I would be playing it already.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Tasuki

JaxonH wrote:

@Tasuki

Oh I know you have. I saw right away how much you loved that game. It's supposed to be really good. Shame I'm not into competitive online or I would be playing it already.

What game are we talking about?

My Backlog

Peek-a-boo

The final and official Final Fantasy XV box art is very underwhelming:

Untitled

I miss the minimalistic box art of showing the logo plonked onto a white background.

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo "Day One Edition" Ugh.. Can we stop using that on the box art please? The same is true for Zelda though, Skyward Sword had Link on the cover and the two Wii U remakes completely ditched the logo on a golden background concept.

Octane

CanisWolfred

Tasuki wrote:

@CanisWolfred Well of course they are going to advertise non gaming content, that's where they make most of their money and is how they started. Not sure why you would think they would ignore non-gaming stuff.

Because I don't own PS4 to watch movies. It's annoying to me, because they keep taking up real estate on the already cluttered menus just to advertise a bunch of Blockbuster movies I already can't get away from for more than 5 seconds, which absolutely DON'T need the help; as well as a bunch of TV shows, like as if they're telling me: "Hey, you know what you could be doing instead of playing video games on our console? Watching TV!"

Well thanks, Sony. I'm glad you have so much faith and commitment to your own products. I totally don't regret spending over $400 on your gaming platform now that I have all these great TV shows to suck up all my free time!

Well, I mean, I don't. I was totally kidding about them being great - I got rid of cable for a reason, and every ad so far has done nothing but reinforce the hell outta that. But I still don't feel like I'm actually getting away from it, because Sony decided it was a good idea to make skimming through the PS4's UI and PS Store feel like channel surfing, complete with frustration and hollow rewards.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

6ch6ris6

@Peek-a-boo im dfeintly not a fan of final fantasy or jrpgs in general but yeah the old boxarts of final fantasy games had a very cool style !!

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

CanisWolfred

Tasuki wrote:

@CanisWolfred Ah fair enough I guess, though to be honest, its just like watchin tv and an add for a video game comes on.

That really does nothing but add fuel to the fire, but I'm tired of ranting about this. I just don't think there's any reason why I have to pass by a Mountain Dew commercial and a trailer for Captain America when I'm just trying to see if Destiny is finally down to a reasonable price...but then again, that's only one complaint of a thousand that I have with the PS4 UI. It actually trumps the Xbox 360's craptacular interface, which in and of itself are only a fraction of the horrible, unintuitive, eyesore-inducing interfaces that do nothing except hinder the experience further, that I have been subjected to over the past 7 years. It's like there's some huge contest between companies to see who can make the absolute worst, and so far there are too many favorites to count.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Octane

@Peek-a-boo Good news, the game comes with a reversible cover:
Untitled

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic