Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 3,461 to 3,480 of 16,084

Octane

@Dark-Luigi Got my copy today as well, it took a while, but it finally arrived. Never played the other two games, so I have zero expectations.

Octane

Gamer83

@Dark-Luigi
I like it better than inFamous 2, not as much as inFamous 1. It's a great game. Ties up some stuff from the first two and introduces some cool new characters (a lot of people didn't like the main character but I don't mind him).

Gamer83

Tasuki

@Dark-Luigi You should also look into getting InFamous: First Light I think it's called. It's a stand alone DLC for Second Son and is pretty good too.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Octane

Just started Second Son as well, its OK so far, but the ''platforming'' is absolutely terrible. I think I'm going to enjoy the story a lot more though.

Octane

Peek-a-boo

@Octane Just you wait until you are fully powered up, purely because you won't be 'platforming' everywhere, but being a literal rocket or a vertical wall climber.

The story does well to carry the game along nicely too.

The ending in the original inFAMOUS is still the best thing about the series though. I never saw it coming!

Peek-a-boo

Gamer83

@Peek-a-boo
In addition to being the Spider-Man game I always wanted (eventhough it isn't Spider-Man, it certainly has that kind of feel in how it plays) that ending was fantastic. inFamous 1 is probably still my favorite Sucker Punch-developed game to date and the story played a big role in that. The different powers they gave you didn't hurt and I've always loved hunting for collectibles in those games.

Gamer83

Peek-a-boo

Still got Alienation, Amplitude, Battlefield 4, Dark Souls III, FEZ, Gravity Rush Remastered, LittleBigPlanet 3, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, Ratchet & Clank, Rocket League, Tearaway Unfolded and Volume to play and (eventually) finish.

No more games for me until I see the credits roll in at least half of those twelve games above.

I already regretted looking at the sale too...

:EDIT: I totally forget about Mirror's Edge Catalyst, which is still in a shrink-wrapped box, as well as playing as Balrog whilst going through the brand new story mode in Street Fighter V!

I wish I was a kid all over again, with no responsibilities.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

CanisWolfred

Ralizah wrote:

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/06/29/playstation-store-...

Holy moly, look at that epic sale that Playstation EU has put up, you lucky europeans. I'm really jealous. Sony is putting up better sales than Steam this year!

And it's a multi-week sale in NA, too. I'm gonna have to be careful with my money, here...though the first sale covered most of the stuff I needed...now the only Vita games I really want are either brand new, or that Persona Rhythm game. Oh yeah, and Ultra Despair Girls. But I need those two on cartridges.EDIT: Oh crap, I forgot about Strangers of Sword City and Dungeon Travelers 2...that last one is way too embarassing to have on a cart...I could see it going on sale soon...

The PS4 gets a lot more good sales, so it'll be easier to hold off there if it's not >70% off.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Octane

@Peek-a-boo I decided to buy no PS4 games until I finish the current one, and it works! Currently playing Infamous, and the only game that I haven't touched is Bloodborne, because I want to have at least a few days off before I start that game. All my other games are finished and/or completed.

Octane

RR529

On this week's episode of Imagine-Nation, they covered the PS4 console exclusive Umbrella Corps, the recently released multiplayer shooter spin-off in the Resident Evil series. (Imagine-Nation is a pop-culture focused program on NHK's English language lineup)

The hosts played the game for a bit, and they went behind the scenes to see the development team at work, but the most interesting bits were the interviews with the game's Producer & Lead Designer.

The Producer said the Resi Evil fanbase is split, with the older fans being drawn in by the horror elements, while the younger fans are attracted by it's shooting action. This game was designed for the younger fans.

The Lead designer said thier number one focus was designing a game that appealed to the world of "E-Sports". Due to this, the shortest match time is 3:00 (in line with a fighting game match), arenas are compact (though with lots of little hidden areas), players can't take much damage (and come equipped with a one hit kill melee weapon), and it has a one life per match option. This ensures exciting quick matches where team strategy & skill is extra important, because one mistake and you're out for the match, and could cost your team the match.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tasuki

Oh man I just started Until Dawn and I have to say I am enjoying this game alot. It kinda reminds me of the old 80s/90's slasher flicks. The atmosphere is great and the story is one of the best this gen. If you haven't played this yet then I highly recommend it.

My Backlog

Octane

@Tasuki I spoiled myself by watching the story online, it was decent as a movie though.

Octane

Tasuki

@Octane Lol yeah it is. I am just about done with my first play through and then I think I will start another one and choose different choices.

My Backlog

Ralizah

@Tasuki I didn't like the fact that it turned into some generic monster movie.

@CanisWolfred Why would DT2 be more embarrassing to own in cart form? It's not like anyone could tell how fanservicey it is just by looking at the box.

Ultra Despair Girls is fantastic, by the way. Very, very disturbing at times, but I loved how much it developed some of the characters.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC); Unicorn Overlord (NS)

CanisWolfred

Ralizah wrote:

@Tasuki I didn't like the fact that it turned into some generic monster movie.

@CanisWolfred Why would DT2 be more embarrassing to own in cart form? It's not like anyone could tell how fanservicey it is just by looking at the box.

Ultra Despair Girls is fantastic, by the way. Very, very disturbing at times, but I loved how much it developed some of the characters.

I don't like covers that are 90% pretty girls. Especially if it's got a weird angle or pose that's supposed to make it seem cute or fetish-y. I always feel weird picking it up, whether it's a game cover at Gamestop, or an anime cover at FYE...or even in my room. I hate when I grab Catherine when I'm going through my PS3 games. It's a cool game and all, but I just feel like I'm holding contraband...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

@CanisWolfred I see.

If it's an inconvenience, or you prefer going physical, you could always make your own cover for the game. Or, if you don't care about the way it looks, just take the cover out and put in a slip of paper with the name of the game so you can tell what it is at a glance.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC); Unicorn Overlord (NS)

CanisWolfred

Ralizah wrote:

@CanisWolfred I see.

If it's an inconvenience, or you prefer going physical, you could always make your own cover for the game. Or, if you don't care about the way it looks, just take the cover out and put in a slip of paper with the name of the game so you can tell what it is at a glance.

...Damnit, I didn't think of that...and it's on sale for $20 new at Gamestop last I looked...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Player4

Hey, I have question regarding some games I've bought through the PlayStation Store. I don't know if this is the right thread for it, but I'll try nonetheless.
So I bought Overwatch on release and have been enjoying it ever since, and so has my brother. But starting today he seems to be locked out of the game, it says only people with a license (me) can play the game. If he wants to start playing again he needs to buy the game himself.
The issue is that it never happened before, he also seems to be locked out of other games I've bought through my PSN-account. I want to know if there's any way to solve this problem? I haven't contacted PlayStation yet but I figured I should start by asking you guys.

Edit: Okay it seems like my account got hacked and someone else has been using my account since... today lol. :/ I changed my password, deactivated my systems and reactived them again. All seems okay now

Edited on by Player4

Player4

3DS Friend Code: 4554-1262-6386

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic