Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 3,501 to 3,520 of 16,084

Ralizah

The reversible cover looks way better.

I can't wait for the release of Gal Gun: Double Peace on the PS4. This guy knows how to properly enjoy it!

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

CanisWolfred

Okay, I have not heard of PQube until now, but apparently they're also the guys brinking over that Valkyrie Drrive game. I have a feeling they're going to be my new least favorite localization publisher...

Actually, looking them up, they're apparently UK-based, and publish a lot of Arc Systems Works games and whatnot over in Europe. I guess they focus on anime-looking stuff, and besides the two I mentioned before, the only other game they've published in the US is Heart & Slash, which....okay, that looks really cool. I want it. More games like that, please, PQube! Maybe then I'll ignore the double-middle-fingers you're giving us from across the pond...

EDIT: Oh yeah, they also released Steins;Gate in Europe, and they'll be publishing Root Letter for the PS4 and Vita in the US some time this year. That I want.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

LzWinky

After seeing the $350 price tag, I am tempted to pick up a PS4. Anyone want to give me reasons to get one? I like Nintendo-esque games the most

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CanisWolfred

Lzeon wrote:

After seeing the $350 price tag, I am tempted to pick up a PS4. Anyone want to give me reasons to get one? I like Nintendo-esque games the most

Overwatch, Dragon Ball Xenoverse (or maybe wait for the new one, that's why I'm not suggesting Dragon Quest Heroes just yet, since II's on the way), and Ratchet & Clank are the biggest ones that come to mind, assuming "Nintendo-like" means light-hearted and colorful. Plus lots of download games on PSN, though do be warned that those 500 GB can fill up pretty quick, especially if you bother with those PS+ free games (usually at least one of those per month isn't total crap).

I got more I can throw your way, but I'd really like a bit more info on what you're looking for.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

IceClimbers

I'd also recommend Rocket League.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

LzWinky

I like Zelda and Mario-esque games.

I just bought a used PS4 at Gamestop along with 3 months of PS Plus. This better be worth it

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Octane

@Lzeon Tearaway Unfolded is a papercraft platformer/adventure game. That's the most "Nintendo-esque" game I can think of. Gravity Rush is really good as well, and its sequel is coming this year(?) as well. Along with The Last Guardian. And there's the aforementioned Ratchet & Clank too, but I have yet to play it myself, I've heard good things about it though.

Not sure what you're exactly looking for and whether the game should be cartoony or not, but I'd still recommend giving Uncharted and The Last of Us a try if you haven't played them yet. And this is coming from someone who's favourite franchise is Zelda.

There's plenty of indie games too, way too many actually, but there's bound to be something you like on the indie front as well.

Octane

LzWinky

Thanks for all the suggestions. I probably won't touch it for a week as I have to go back to work, but I will try Tearaway when I get back to it.

Ralizah

CanisWolfred wrote:

Okay, I have not heard of PQube until now, but apparently they're also the guys brinking over that Valkyrie Drrive game.

Yep. Uncensored, too. It's going to be glorious. The combat actually looks really fun.

CanisWolfred

Lzeon wrote:

Thanks for all the suggestions. I probably won't touch it for a week as I have to go back to work, but I will try Tearaway when I get back to it.

I recall there being a demo for that one, so definitely give it a look.

And the only reason I didn't mention Gravity Rush Remastered before was because I played the Vita version, and I'm not sure what, if any changes were made to the PS4 version. There were a few features that I thought required the touchscreen, so I know they'd have to change something. That said, Gravity Rush on the Vita was one of my Top-10 favorite games, so if it's still pretty much the same game, if not vastly improved, then I'd definitely recommend giving it a look (especially since it was $30 at launch, and it's been long enough, it might be even cheaper).

EDIT:

I'm trying to find other Action-Adventure type stuff, kind of like Zelda, but everything's open world now. Only one I got was Darksiders II: Definitive Edition, if you haven't played the Wii U version. Then again, I've only played Darksiders 1 on the PS3, so I can't really comment there, either. I was told it was more hack & slash the second time around.

However, if you don't mind some RPG Mechanics, I can at least recommend Dishonored: Definitive Edition and The Witcher III.

EDIT Again: Oh yes, and Shadow of Mordor: GOTY - I almost forgot about that! It's still pretty different, I'd say it's more like Batman Arkham City, if you've played that. It's still got some interesting mechanics involved with manipulating the orc factions, which help it to stand out. And while I'm sure it helps, I don't think you need to be a fan of The Lord of the Rings to enjoy it (I don't think I've even seen all the movies yet, nor have I touched the books, but I still enjoyed it).

I know there's some 2D platformers I can throw in later, too.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

@CanisWolfred Gravity Slide uses the triggers now instead of touch screen controls. Dodging is still touch controlled using the touchpad. Also, it comes with all the DLC for free. GR:R is vastly superior in almost every way.

Ralizah

Gravity Rush, in either of its current incarnations, truly is a masterful experience. Like a Nintendo game, it has a charming visual style and emphasizes a truly enjoyable gameplay style over narrative (I mean, a story is there, but it's kind of weird and nothing to write home about). Soaring around a city like Superman, delivering blisteringly fast flying gravity kicks to enemies, finding hidden areas/enemies across the various levels, and gradually upgrading your various gravity powers are all incredibly addictive.

I cannot wait for Gravity Rush 2.

CanisWolfred

The story was trying so hard to be French Surrealist that I think that they probably could've gotten a visa from the Ministry of Culture after airing the trailers in Paris...but I still kinda liked it for that. It just adds to the surreal sense of vertigo the gravity-bending gameplay is basically founded on.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

LzWinky

I'll have to add it to my backlog then

-Green-

Finally got around to playing Rachet and Clank. It was fun, but short and it didn't really feel like anything special. The game was surprisingly difficult at times, with some of the times feeling kind of cheap.

Overall, the game was good, although, I really hated those puzzles. Really killed the flow of the game whenever they appeared. The game also makes me wish Naughty Dog would one day make a Jak 4. I loved those games as a child.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

-Green-

@CanisWolfred No, but I played 1 on the PSP a long time ago.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

LzWinky

Amazon has the new one as an upcoming deal on Prime Day, so I'll keep an eye on that

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic