Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 1,621 to 1,640 of 16,083

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred wrote:

I really wish Don't Starve had a demo. It looks really fun, possibly the game I could use right now...but I don't know if I'd actually enjoy playing it as much as I enjoyed watching it...

EDIT: Bought it, it's fun, but I have no clue what I'm doing. It doesn't help that those videos I watched were probably of blind playthroughs...made it to day 4 at least...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jaz007

CanisWolfred wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I really wish Don't Starve had a demo. It looks really fun, possibly the game I could use right now...but I don't know if I'd actually enjoy playing it as much as I enjoyed watching it...

EDIT: Bought it, it's fun, but I have no clue what I'm doing. It doesn't help that those videos I watched were probably of blind playthroughs...made it to day 4 at least...

Stick with it. It's good to look a few things up on Wiki, but largly it's a good game to figure out for yourself. Just be prepared for when you die after about 30 days...

Jaz007

Ralizah

CanisWolfred wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

When trying to catch rabbits, set the traps directly above their holes. Best way I've found to catch the little buggers.

Also, cook all of your food. Better for your sanity.

Other than that, enjoy the game, build lots of stuff, and try not to attack anything bigger than you.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Jaz007

Does anyone else look at how many people got a trophy saying they finished a game and are simply astounded at how few the number is? I was looking at for Uncharted 3, and about 35% of people with the game finished it. I just can't believe it, 35%. How are sequels sucessful when no finishes the predecessor? It's like this for a lot of games too, and it's not like their huge time sinks for the most part.

Jaz007

CanisWolfred

Probably because they got Uncharted 3 with the PS3 bundle, played it for 5 minutes, then said "why am I playing this $#!++^ game?" and when back to playing the actual games they got the PS3 for.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Grumblevolcano

Jaz007 wrote:

Does anyone else look at how many people got a trophy saying they finished a game and are simply astounded at how few the number is? I was looking at for Uncharted 3, and about 35% of people with the game finished it. I just can't believe it, 35%. How are sequels sucessful when no finishes the predecessor? It's like this for a lot of games too, and it's not like their huge time sinks for the most part.

Simple, the large majority of PS/Xbox players don't care about single player experiences and given that Uncharted 3 has online multiplayer they just play that. This is why games like Titanfall are so popular, the only mode is online multiplayer. It is the Nintendo fans that want great single player experiences!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CanisWolfred

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Simple, the large majority of PS/Xbox players don't care about single player experiences and given that Uncharted 3 has online multiplayer they just play that. This is why games like Titanfall are so popular, the only mode is online multiplayer. It is the Nintendo fans that want great single player experiences!

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/borderlands-2-ships-9-millio...
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/batman-arkham-city-ships-...
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-10-28-batman-arkham-or...
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/05/06/ea-net-reve...
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/super-smash-bros-breaks-wii-...
http://wiiudaily.com/2013/10/iwata-on-wii-u-sales-pikmin-3/

Oh yeah, those Nintendo gamers just looove those singleplayer games so much more than playstation and Xbox gamers. Why do they even have singleplayer games when adding multiplayer just automatically makes the sales so much higher. @_@

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Grumblevolcano

@CanisWolfred Come on lets be reasonable here, Smash did well because it was one of only 2 games Nintendo promoted last year. The Zelda and Star Fox Wii U announcements may as well not have existed as E3 and all events afterwards were all about Smash and Splatoon.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Jaz007

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Uncharted is renowned for single-player, not multiplayer. Only 20% of the player base even completed an online match.

Jaz007

Tasuki

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

I really wish you wouldn't sterotype people it makes you look like an idiot. Saying that would be like me saying that the majority of Nintendo players are whining little kids, which we know isn't true.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ThePirateCaptain

Tasuki wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

I really wish you wouldn't sterotype people it makes you look like an idiot. Saying that would be like me saying that the majority of Nintendo players are whining little kids, which we know isn't true.

Nope, the majority of Nintendo fans are actually whining adults

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

DefHalan

BinaryFragger wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Red Dead Redemption, Mass Effect, Skyrim, The Last Of Us, Dragon Age, Assassin's Creed, Fallout, God of War and Borderlands (just to name a few) all focus on the single-player experience and sold very well. So much for "not caring about single player experiences."

And how many of those series have had Multiplayer tacked on do in part to the gaining popularity of Multiplayer gaming? (also Borderlands in my opinion is focused on Multiplayer, just not versus multiplayer)

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

CanisWolfred

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@CanisWolfred Come on lets be reasonable here, Smash did well because it was one of only 2 games Nintendo promoted last year. The Zelda and Star Fox Wii U announcements may as well not have existed as E3 and all events afterwards were all about Smash and Splatoon.

And they were advertised more heavily because the best-selling Nintendo games have been Multiplayer games since the N64. Multiplayer is at least theoretically more lucrative in general since it increases the chance of people bugging their friends into buying the game, and back in the old days it would get people to try a game they may have otherwise ignored because they played it together with a friend. That's not to say singleplayer games don't sell well, either, but publishers would prefer people do their advertising for them, so they've put in a lot of hard work making sure people think Multiplayer is the way to go, thus turning gaming into a social event. It's the same reason Facebook and Twitter are forced down people's throats, actually.

DefHalan wrote:

BinaryFragger wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Red Dead Redemption, Mass Effect, Skyrim, The Last Of Us, Dragon Age, Assassin's Creed, Fallout, God of War and Borderlands (just to name a few) all focus on the single-player experience and sold very well. So much for "not caring about single player experiences."

And how many of those series have had Multiplayer tacked on do in part to the gaining popularity of Multiplayer gaming? (also Borderlands in my opinion is focused on Multiplayer, just not versus multiplayer)

They lose money every time they do it, though only half of those series have actually even bothered taking multiplayer on. Developers have been saying for years that it's not worth tacking on a multiplayer mode to a singleplayer-focused game, see the above as to why publishers haven't been listening.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Retro_on_theGo

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Titanfall, popular? Is it still? Because this is the first time I've even seen the game mentioned since the launch hype died out.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

DefHalan

CanisWolfred wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

BinaryFragger wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

They lose money every time they do it, though only half of those series have actually even bothered taking multiplayer on. Developers have been saying for years that it's not worth tacking on a multiplayer mode to a singleplayer-focused game, see the above as to why publishers haven't been listening.

I think there is a majority of people that can't "justify" buying a game without Multiplayer. I don't think it is limited to a certain fan-base either. I was just pointing out how almost all of the series that he used as examples for "focusing on Single-Player" tacked on Multiplayer to please a certain group of people.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Peach64

I bet 35% is actually on the higher end of the scale. From talking to gamer friends, it's amazing how many never finish games. And that's across all demographics too. I go to monthly 3DS meet ups, and that's 30 odd hardcore Nintendo fans and they're no different.

Peach64

Taceus

CapnPancakes wrote:

Nope, the majority of Nintendo fans are actually whining adults

I laughed so hard reading this. It's so true, well for me anyways.
Come to think of it, how did I end up in this thread. o_0

'I used to be with 'it', then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm with isn't 'it', and what's 'it' is weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you too.' - Abe Simpson

Switch Friend Code: SW-8282-1096-1431 | 3DS Friend Code: 3909-7678-9918 | My Nintendo: Taceus | Nintendo Network ID: Taceus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic