Forums

Topic: The PlayStation 4 Fan Thread

Posts 12,201 to 12,206 of 12,206

Magician

link3710 wrote:

@Magician Jeez you're worse than me. At least I'm only gonna grab Digimon until I've caught up on everything.

I blame my weakness on NIS America. Arguably my favorite third party publisher, I usually purchase each game they release regardless of the genre. October has been brutal as they're releasing five limited edition games this month alone. I only pray that they space their releases out a little better next year (La-Mulana 1&2, Disaster Report 4, Langrisser 1&2, Psikyo Shooter Collection 1&2, and RPG Maker MV).

Switch Physical Collection - 430 games (as of October 14th, 2019)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest XI (Switch) Summon Night 6 (PS Vita)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

link3710

@Magician Shoot what, Langrisser 1&2 and La-Mulana 1&2 are getting physical releases this month? Ugh, I'm looking through the site now, I had no idea all these games were available with amazing collector's editions... What did you do to me?

link3710

Magician

link3710 wrote:

@Magician Shoot what, Langrisser 1&2 and La-Mulana 1&2 are getting physical releases this month? Ugh, I'm looking through the site now, I had no idea all these games were available with amazing collector's editions... What did you do to me?

No no, Langrisser 1&2 along with La-Mulana 1&2 are scheduled for sometime next year. I'm hoping not all in January. The five this month are YU-NO, Alliance Alive HD, Destiny Connect, Disgaea 4, and Atelier Ryza.

Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

link3710

@Magician Ah gotcha. Well I'll probably get Ryza and Alliance Alive on sale at Black Friday since the SEs are already gone, and maybe pick up both Disagea 1&4 SEs now. I hadn't even heard of Destiny Connect but it honestly looks pretty good too? Definitely considering the SE. It honestly reminds me of what I expected Chrono Cross to look like... YU-NO is a no thanks from me, the trailers don't look promising.

Disaster Report, I've somehow never heard of? Is the dialogue good in these games? It looks like one that's pretty dependent on telling a good story.

link3710

Magician

link3710 wrote:

@Magician Ah gotcha. Well I'll probably get Ryza and Alliance Alive on sale at Black Friday since the SEs are already gone, and maybe pick up both Disagea 1&4 SEs now. I hadn't even heard of Destiny Connect but it honestly looks pretty good too? Definitely considering the SE. It honestly reminds me of what I expected Chrono Cross to look like... YU-NO is a no thanks from me, the trailers don't look promising.

Disaster Report, I've somehow never heard of? Is the dialogue good in these games? It looks like one that's pretty dependent on telling a good story.

Destiny Connect is a fair looking game. Although the reviews in Famitsu were less than favorable, scoring 29/40 (by comparison...Anthem scored higher that week, 32/40 ). And I'm thoroughly unfamiliar with the Disaster Report series. All I know is that the series is made by former Irem employees, some of the same folks who made the original R-Type. To me, it looks like nothing more than a third person walking simulator with several dramatic set pieces.

link3710

@Magician ah welp. I was hoping Disaster Report would at least have some actual survival elements to it. Too bad to here about Destiny Connects low scores, better check the reviews to figure out what's up.

EDIT: Looks like the game was controversial, it had reviews both at 6 and 8. Given it appears to be a 7th gen throwback RPG, that's no surprise.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic