Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 12,181 to 12,200 of 16,083

BruceCM

Well, I only tried MGS V on GamePass, @Octane .... But I was skipping plenty of scenes in the time I played

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

TuVictus

I heard the final cutscene is like 2 hours long. Which, even if I have no interest in the game, I'm impressed by just because of the sheer length. People say he should just make movies, but maybe the reason he doesn't is because his stories require way more than 2 hours, lol

TuVictus

Trajan

I'm only a few hours in. It's pretty interesting. Seems like what people say they enjoyed about BOTW the game. Bunch of exploring.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

Sadist

“Kojima how many times are you mentioned in the opening cutscene?”

Kojima: Yes.

The multiplayer element makes me think about Dark Souls. Not a bad thing. Game itself is strange, but traversing the world has been interesting.

The encounter moments however are somewhat panicky.

Sadist

Dezzy

Finished Sekiro. Finally!

Easily one of my favourite in the Soulsborne series. I think i'd put it about the same quality as Bloodborne, which is tied second after DS1 for me. So:
DS1>Bloodborne=Sekiro>DS3>DS2 (and still not played Demons Souls, waiting for a remaster please).

I think this probably had the best gameplay in the series, and it definitely had some of the best bosses. I still do massively prefer the setting for Dark Souls though. While the world of Sekiro was very well designed, it just didn't feel like it had that kind of magic and mystery that Dark Souls 1 especially did.

The world was noway near as interconnected as Dark Souls 1, and it had a lot less in terms of secrets to uncover through exploration. In fact this was their first game for a while that had no large secret area you have to discover. Dark Souls 3 had Archdragon Peak. Bloodborne had Cainhurst Castle. Dark Souls 1 had Painted World and Great Hollow/Ash Lake. And I can't remember what Dark Souls 2 had because I've wiped it from my memory. Sekiro had nothing like this.

Game of the year so far though. I haven't played RE2 or Death Stranding though, so one of those might usurp it when I do! I'm not sure what else this year might challenge it.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NotTelevision

@Dezzy I’m with on DS1 being the best Soulsborne game overall. It had the most memorable collection of bosses, NPCs, and I liked the interconnected world like you mentioned. Bloodborne to me though had the best and most oppressive/sinister atmosphere, as well as the most refined presentation and music in any of the games.

I’d place Sekiro above DS3 because I like how it altered the gameplay. It basically says here is this sword- now go and learn how to use it because this is your weapon for the whole game. Sure there are the different abilities and prosthetics, but it probably the most straightforward combat in any of the SB games. That is a plus for me because the game really makes you feel like you are engaged in a sword fight for those encounters. The combat being centered around the clashing of steel and swift movement totally works.

Presentation wise, the areas and music in Sekiro fall a bit short. I give exception to Mibu Village, Fountainhead Palace, and Senpou Temple. The whole of Senpou Temple in particular was awesome and might be the highlight of the game for me. The combat music for the area is just brilliant with those creepy Monks chanting over those thunderous drums.

Beating Demon of Hatred and Isshin, the Sword Saint though- wow. The later especially being the ultimate test of mental and hand-eye coordination. A couple of nights I had to accept defeat and rest my aching hands.

Anyway great game and one of the best this year for sure.

NotTelevision

RR529

After playing the first two games back to back I've decided to take a lengthy break from the .Hack G.U. collection. Story is pretty interesting, but the core dungeon crawling gameplay gets a bit dull after awhile (especially since they only have a few different environmental themes, and often feel like padding to stretch out the story or otherwise more interesting sections).

Anyhow, I've jumped into Tearaway Unfolded, which is off to a good first impression. Takes a bit for the platforming itself to really start coming into play (you don't even gain the ability to independently jump until the tail end of the second area), but it seems to be one of the few titles I've played that seems to make meaningful use of things like the controller's touchpad & gyro (and even the Playstation Camera, which is used to show a window into the real world, through a literal tear in the sky), and it's full of charm.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Trajan

I'm about 12 hours into Death Stranding. I really like it.

I was a bit worried I would hate the game because I HATED the SKULLS in MGSV. But this game is pretty cool.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

Octane

The game says I've played about 8 or 9 hours (though a few hours were spent on the main menu with the game on pause in the background, I don't know if the game also counts that). Anyway, I'm getting familiar with the gameplay loop and I'm quite enjoying it. I like seeing the paths appear where you walk a lot, makes it easier to find your way to certain places as well.

Octane

NEStalgia

Meh, I'll play it when it's a free + giveaway....

@Octane I think it has something to do with how Konami scrubbed any mention of his existence from MGSV. His devout followers were gutted, he was frustrated, and technically it was a low move by Konami. But mostly I think it's just about rubbing it in Konami's face, plus a bit of tongue in cheek humor to the fans that remember what happend with V.

@Galenmereth LOL....best description I've heard yet.

NEStalgia

Octane

@NEStalgia Is that a reply to my last comment? If so, I don't understand what you're replying to lol.

Octane

NEStalgia

@Octane About Kojima shoving his name into the game as often as possible

NEStalgia

Octane

@NEStalgia I see. Well, it hasn't happened again since the prologue. So it's not as bad as I first thought. But I specifically remember seeing his name a bunch of times during MGSV: Ground Zeroes.

Octane

Dezzy

@NotTelevision

I agree with pretty much all of that! We obviously have similar preferences.

The only things I'd add is that DS3 probably had the best bosses in terms of variety and gameplay, but DS1 bosses were better in terms of design and lore. If you take something like the Gaping Dragon, for example, it's a really cool design with an interesting setting and interesting backstory, yet it's a really boring fight.

I think Bloodborne only had the best music if you include the DLC though, because the best 2 tracks were attached to the best 2 bosses: Ludwig and Lady Maria. Otherwise it would've been DS3 that had the best.

And yes, Senpou Temple was my favourite area too. Really well designed environment. I didn't actually like Fountainhead Palace though. This was definitely one of the biggest issues with Sekiro for me. Just not enough really memorable environments. Whereas in something like DS1, pretty much every single area in the first half of the game was memorable.

TuVictus

Honestly, a good deal of Sekiro's locations blur together for me. The battles were the memorable parts for me, like the Knight on the bridge

TuVictus

Dezzy

@PikPi

Yeah that was a great fight. The other ones I especially enjoyed were Gyobou Oniwa (the guy on the horse) and Genichiro (the one mid-game at the top of the castle).

Edited on by Dezzy

Trajan

I'm pretty addicted to Death Stranding now. Started building roads and tearing it up. Took me awhile to discover you can click the stick to make the bike go fast. Really good game. Few dumb political things in some of the texts you get to read but otherwise solid for now.

Magician

13th Sentinel: Aegis Rim just received a near-perfect score of 38/40 from Famitsu.

Well, that score just put the game into my list for most anticipated 2020 games.

Even though I'm a fan of Vanillaware, the absence of their games on Switch is super-annoying.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

RR529

Started up the Last Labyrinth on my VR today.

It's an escape room game where you're strapped to a wheelchair and must solve puzzles by guiding a girl around the room with a lazer pointer on your head so she can interact with the various elements in the room.

It has a dark grungy look, but the graphics themselves are quite nice, and if you fail a puzzle both you (and more disturbingly) the girl are subjected to an elaborate Saw style death. There's no visible gore, but it's been very creepy more than once.

After about an hour of play I triggered the credits, but there's still more content after the fact it seems, so I'll still get more out of it (the current puzzle is a Simon style memorization challenge, and I suck at those, lol).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

MsJubilee

Finally, I beat Nioh, took me a while, but I finished it. Truth be told at some point, I was about to throw my controller at the screen when I fought those last two tedious bosses. But all in all the game was solid, it has some extreme balancing issues, enemies hit like a bloody tank and the fast ones that attack multiple times are merely terrifying! I was more terrified of them than some of the bosses! One last thing I want to touch upon is that the story is a mess, and William( the protagonist) has no character whatsoever! He's just an avatar that says a couple of lines, and that's it. Piss shoddy work if you ask me. Still, I'm legitimately excited for the sequel that's coming out next year.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic