Forums

Topic: The PlayStation 4 Fan Thread

Posts 12,221 to 12,240 of 12,260

redd214

The VR in Wipeout is pretty intense. I'm usually pretty good with vr and don't get uncomfortable with it very often but Wipeout was a lot to deal with. The speed, the colors, the elevation changes on certain tracks was a lot. Looked amazing though, maybe I should give it another go

redd214

RR529

Just started School Girl Zombie Hunter this morning.

So far it's had much more of a schlocly B-Movie vibe to it (rather than the over the top anime sexualization of something like Senran Kagura), so I think it's a bit more palatable on that front (though TBH, I personally have no issues with SK or games like it).

There's a few technical hiccups here & there, and it's budget nature definitely shows with it's graphics, but it seems like it's going to be a fun enough time.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

Magician

Fired up Wolfenstein Youngblood yesterday because a friend of mine was interested enough to purchase the deluxe edition. I was the recipient of the buddy pass. So far I think the game is fine. I've played both better games and worse games in the first person shooter genre. Although I'd rather be playing Borderlands than this. Better story, better progression systems, open world, etc.

Switch Physical Collection - 406 games (as of September 16th, 2019)
Currently playing: Dead or School (Switch) Sly Cooper (PS Vita)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Trajan

How is Soul Calibur 6 on PS4? I've recently been playing 2 on OG Xbox with a friend, and have become addicted. Never liked a fighting game besides Smash before.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

redd214

@Trajan it's is very good. Doesn't reach the heights of 2 but definitely the closest the series has been to recapturing that magic. Really cheap now too, I'm sure you could pick it up for no more than 20 bucks now.

redd214

RR529

Ugh, School Girl Zombie Hunter is getting irritating.

I don't necessarily mind the kind of janky controls as it is a budget game, but near the end of chapter 2 they decide that EVERY mission needs infinitely spawning enemies (that can spawn pretty much anywhere, like right on top of you or in a doorway a second before you enter), and seemingly half of them are super fast ones that bum rush you.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

avensisdada

School Girl/Zombie Hunter is one of Tamsoft’s most mediocre games that will only hold your attention for a little while.

VPN Sai Mannat AnyDesk

Edited on by avensisdada

avensisdada

CanisWolfred

avensisdada wrote:

School Girl/Zombie Hunter is one of Tamsoft’s most mediocre games that will only hold your attention for a little while.

No offense, but I figured that out after watching a few minutes of gameplay footage...if I hadn't been told a veteran studio had made it, I would've thought it was a cheap asset flip you'd see on Steam.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

NEStalgia

Whipeout's intense in 2D. In VR it's a whole other world. Awesome, but yeah, you can't binge it....

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Ralizah I read that as "PS5 remake" and I'm thinking..."whaaaa?"

Ok, so it's a remake of a PS3/PS4 game.....on PS4.....I'm still on "whaaa?"

Any word if there's going to be a DLC kit for upgrading P5 to P5R for PS4 owners the same way Square did with WoFF to WoFF Maxima? Or am I going to buy the same game for a 4th time now?

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@NEStalgia It's a full retail remake, unfortunately. No upgrade package, unless they announce something. I just opted to sell my vanilla copy of P5. By the time I get the urge to spend another 120+ hours in that world, the Royal version of the game will likely be significantly discounted anyway.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

NEStalgia

@Ralizah How do you have a full remake of a game that launched on THE SAME PLATFORM? Much as I love Atlus games, my opinion of Atlus just decreased a bit. I haven't played the original yet, bought Take Your Heart Edition at launch, then bought digitally a year ago.... was planning to play it maybe after Ys 8 and Vesperia.... But I suppose not now.

Must be the new management. Persona 5: Saturn Edition.

If they bring it to Switch (Joker in Smash) I can forgive them since I'd re-buy anyway .

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@NEStalgia Same thing happened with Persona 3. The vanilla version was followed a couple of years later by the significantly upgraded FES edition of the game.

You could always just ignore the Royal version of the game. It's not like Persona 5 vanilla isn't packed with content already.

Thankfully, this only seems to happen with Persona games. SMT is safe from same-platform remakes and re-releases.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Grumblevolcano

@NEStalgia Pokemon third versions are pretty much remakes on the same platform as the original (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, Ultra Sun/Moon).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@Ralizah After P4G, I can't just "ignore" an enhanced version of an Atlus game. Looks like I'll be waiting until 2020 to play. And port begging on Switch.

@Grumblevolcano I never really understood all those versions, though I never played, Crystal, Emerald Platinum....and skipped USUM since I'd moved onto Switch by then. (Actually I haven't played S/M yet either for the same reason...)

NEStalgia

Trajan

On your guys recommendation I started Nier Automata. You guys were right. I'm still fairly early in fighting Adam, but this game gives me Xenoblade 1 vibes. The combat feels right for the world despite hating Bayonetta. This is a wonderful game.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

RR529

Finished up School Girl Zombie Hunter this morning (put full thoughts in the "Games you Recently Beat?" thread).

I think it's about time for another JRPG, so I think I'll be playing .HackGU: Recode next, which I got in a sale awhile ago.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

Dezzy

Trajan wrote:

How is Soul Calibur 6 on PS4? I've recently been playing 2 on OG Xbox with a friend, and have become addicted. Never liked a fighting game besides Smash before.

I love it. I don't like many fighting games either. Smash, Mortal Kombat and Soul Calibur are the only ones I really enjoy.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic