Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 11,801 to 11,820 of 16,083

Ralizah

This looks great. You basically get to play as an alien abomination, like in John Carpenter's The Thing, and get to terrify and kill a base full of people.

@Octane GhostWire has a cool CG trailer. I like the concept and setting.

Call me when an actual game comes of it.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Grumblevolcano

Just because Sony's not at E3 doesn't mean they're not doing anything during that time, new Persona 5 Royal trailer.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@Ralizah FYI, more Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay will come at Gamescom (just like last year). They found a hidden Dropbox link in the trailer from yesterday that contained a thank you message and their plans to show more gameplay in August (the same gameplay demo that's currently being shown to press only).

Octane

-Green-

So like every E3 I realize more and more that just like Japan has an obsession with over the top circus hair, a lot of western games have a stupid habit of making every single main guy having the same shaved buzz cut hair. Even in the far future of a dystopian cyberpunk world, it’s still just the same thing

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Dezzy

@-Green-

Probably because it's the hair type that uses the least CPU/GPU resources.
No physics (CPU), less overlapping transparency (GPU).

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

-Green-

Yeah I’d imagine partially so. Atleast in cyberpunk the guy has the excuse of having tech running all over his head, so it’s probably cleaner in design that way.

Found some gameplay for Dying Light 2. The trailer at E3 was a bit strange for this game. Narrative trailers don’t do particularly well at E3 most of the time, and while I understand that the developers are really trying to push the story aspect of their game this time around, in just a minute, it really doesn’t get across well. Besides, Dying Lights most fun aspects come from its mobility and the stupid stunts you can pull. Probably would’ve been better if they just showed more gameplay, showing the paraglider, hook shot or drop kicking zombies. Silly stuff

Edited on by -Green-

Octane

@-Green- You can customise your character in Cyberpunk 2077. What you saw in the trailer was just the default male character.

Octane

-Green-

Fair enough. Assumed it was gonna more along the lines of Witcher

Ralizah

@Octane Why is the default male character always a gruff, buzz-shaved white guy, though?

Also, and this is a serious question: what's the point of customizing the appearance of your character in a game with a first-person viewpoint?

Anyway, I'll be on the lookout for that new gameplay footage. Hopefully it impresses.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll go continuing to hype up SMT V and Animal Crossing, two games with exactly zero minutes of actual gameplay footage between them.

#Hypocrite4Life #E32019

Edited on by Ralizah

Octane

@Ralizah Because they used the default female character last year? I dunno.

I believe it is because you can still see your character during cutscenes (and in mirrors/reflections I guess).

Octane

Dezzy

Ralizah wrote:

@Octane Why is the default male character always a gruff, buzz-shaved white guy, though?

Because if it looked like the most hardcore gamers in the audience, it would make no sense in any kind of action role.

Untitled

Edited on by Dezzy

EvilLucario

Tales is taking the best of the GOAT Xenoblade finally :^]

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

TuVictus

Tales of Aris is pretty much what I wish xenoblade 2 could look like

TuVictus

CanisWolfred

PikPi wrote:

Tales of Aris is pretty much what I wish xenoblade 2 could look like

Agreed.

Anywho, Square-Enix killed it. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered was inevitable, but appreciated nonetheless. Two SaGa remakes that refine already decent games definitely has me excited as a fan of the franchise. Tokyo RPG Factory's new RPG looks stylish as heck, glad we got to see some gameplay of it this time.

Only major fault in terms of announcements was Outriders, in that they didn't really show anything concrete to get excited about, which is a shame, because "This is the game we've always wanted to make" has generally be a good thing to hear from a dev team...

And I gotta say, the new Marvel movie looks pretty sweet! I mean, Endgame's still gonna be a tough flick to top, but-

What's that? It's supposed to be a game?

...oh...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Octane

So I learned something new today. Remember the Kojima Productions logo trailer from a couple of years ago? Turns out, that's actually Die-Hardman from Death Stranding. So maybe we have been looking at another (short) Death Stranding trailer without actually knowing it.

''You will be to go wherever you want... Even the Moon.'' Makes a lot more sense now lol.

Untitled

Octane

TuVictus

I think that connection was made a while back. At least, I do remember articles mentioning how the Logo was connected to Death Stranding.

TuVictus

Ralizah

Tales of Arise does look genuinely fantastic, doesn't it? I like that you seem to be able to battle enemies without transitioning to a separate battle screen. That can be somewhat jarring, and I think fighting enemies where you find them works better with more action-based JRPGs like this one.

Although, based purely on the footage, I'd compare it more to NieR: Automata than Xenoblade 2.

I've wanted to get into this series for a long time, so no reason I shouldn't start with the latest and greatest. Especially if the combat is actually fun in this entry.

Edited on by Ralizah

Octane

@PikPi Maybe, I hadn't made the connection myself, but now it's obvious.

Octane

Dezzy

YongYea says he's interviewing the CD Projekt devs later today and asked what questions people want answered.

The top question by far was "How much is Sony making you censor the game?". Lol, I'll be following this closely.

Edited on by Dezzy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic