Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 11,821 to 11,840 of 16,083

Octane

@Dezzy He's doing a lot of interviews lately. Looking forward to that one.

Octane

Zuljaras

@Octane It is quiet when in dashboard. When I start a game and I am at the point I have control the console started to screech. It was like electronic very loud buzz. After that even if I go to the dashboard the screeching does not stop. I have to restart the console.
I sent it and today they told me that I will get full refund. So I will buy a nice bundle with some other game and get Spider-Man separately.

Damn I got the Amazing Red Pro console It was beautiful

Dezzy

Finally finished God of War! Pretty great on the whole, although I definitely rate it a bit lower than many other people seem to.

It would make it into my top 10 for this generation but probably on the lower end. It definitely doesn't come close to games like Witcher 3 and Breath of the Wild for me.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NEStalgia

@Zuljaras You need a nice, safe hobby, like collecting coins, or wood carving. This video game thing just doesn't want to like you. I thought I had the worst luck in the world with this stuff. Listening to you is almost therapeutic....

@Raliza I'm playing Vesperia and really enjoying it actually. I tried YS8 and just wasn't getting truly into it for some reason so I decided to change the pace and open Vesperia.....I'm not too far in...E3 interrupted, but so far I'm really really liking it. And I never got along with Tales of the Abyss or Symphonia. I abandoned both somewhere in the first 3 areas. The new one looks stunning.

NEStalgia

WebHead

I think PSX will return this year to celebrate the 25th anniversary of PS with a PS5 teaser/PS Meeting announcement at the end.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Ralizah

I'm playing Horizon: Zero Dawn - Complete Edition. Was anointed a seeker and have left Mother's Heart. It's a pretty decent game so far. The environments are stunning, and pretty much every encounter with a machine is tense and exciting. The Uncharted-esque climbing sucks, though, and the character models are genuinely hideous. These people fall just on the wrong side of the Uncanny Valley. Especially child Aloy, who is weirdly proportioned and almost hard to look at. The facial animations stink, too. I know it's a Western game, but these people would look 100x better with more stylized character designs.

@NEStalgia Yeah, I'm looking forward to Tales of Arise. My primary issue with that series is how the combat plays out, and it looks like Arise is going for a much more action-based system.

How far did you get in Ys?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

RR529

I think I'm nearing the end of Tales of Zestiria. The last big story event I cleared was the fight against that dragon at the battlefield and now the party is all jazzed up about preparing for the "final battle", so we'll see.

Quite a bit of sidequests have opened up, so I'm focusing on those for now. Beat both the Medusa type bosses in the village of Forton, then I dealt with the art dealer who had those kids killed, so I wrapped up those side arcs I believe.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

TuVictus

Hoping after I finish Xenoblade 2 to finally get into Nier Automata. I'm way less annoyed with Open World gameplay than I was when I got the game. At least not as burned out anymore, gonna use it to my advantage before getting burned out again lol

TuVictus

Ralizah

@PikPi NieR: Automata is great, but the open world aspect of the game is lousy. Thankfully, once you open up fast travel, you can zip to the locations you need to go and mostly ignore the expansive map.

CanisWolfred

Ralizah wrote:

@NEStalgia Yeah, I'm looking forward to Tales of Arise. My primary issue with that series is how the combat plays out, and it looks like Arise is going for a much more action-based system.

Wait, what about the system was less action-based before? It's literally been Soulcalibur LiteTM since Tales of Symphonia (and maybe Tales of Destiny 2 but we never got that one) with MP and other elements mixed in with each game attempting to layer on complexity. I'm just curious what things about the combat bothered you, I guess is what I'm asking.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

@CanisWolfred Button presses don't activate attacks so much as they do unwieldy skills. Combat itself frequently feels clunky, unsatisfying, and involves weird systems that only complicate the gameplay. And, with you being torn away to a separate battle screen for every encounter, they sort of remind me of old 3D fighting games, except terrible.

Tales of Arise shows the character skillfully dodging enemy attacks and executing quick attacks on the enemy, which makes me hopeful that the combat will be fluid and less reliant on the clumsy mechanics it has been in the games I've briefly tried.

Edited on by Ralizah

CanisWolfred

@Ralizah That kind of seems like a kneejerk reaction, but I know I felt the same at first, and simply got used to it after a lot of practice. I mean, I really enjoyed the boss fights in Tales games, and I tend to treat the battles in between as practice for the real deal. Learning how to juggle enemies with combos and well-timed artes, dodge at the right times, and coordinate my party members so they play off of eachother can be very satisfying in ways I don't get from other RPGs - and it does all that while allowing for 4-player couch co-op, too!

With that said, Tales of Arise is aiming for more fluid motion and things that will mostly enhance immersion and responsiveness, so either way, you'll probably get a kick out of it once it comes out.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

@CanisWolfred It's absolutely a knee-jerk reaction. Tales of Arise would technically be my first Tales game, because I never played the others for any real length of time.

With that said, the reason I tend to prefer turn-based combat in my JRPGs is because I get irritated with real time systems that don't go full-on action-rpg like NieR or Ys. I could probably adjust to the combat in these games over time, but, honestly, the idea that I'll "get used to it" doesn't exactly have me reaching for my wallet.

Edited on by Ralizah

Zuljaras

@NEStalgia Damn! Playing again on the PS4 Pro is weird I am used to a quite console … not hearing event the fans no matter the game. Now I hear it again. It will take some time to get used to it.

I hope Sony do not screw up PS5 like that.

CanisWolfred

Ralizah wrote:

With that said, the reason I tend to prefer turn-based combat in my JRPGs is because I get irritated with real time systems that don't go full-on action-rpg like NieR or Ys.

Ah, when I see comments like this, I wasn't sure if you thought it was a Hybrid action/turn-based game like FF12 or a lot of MMOs out there, but I'm guess you just mean you prefer fast-paced combat more akin to a modern action game?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Anti-Matter

Have anyone tried this game ?

I was kinda intrigued by that game.
Did that game run on 60fps on PS4 Slim by default ?

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic