Forums

Topic: PC Gaming

Posts 181 to 200 of 2,134

DefHalan

PC gaming is not better than Console gaming, just like Console gaming is not better than PC gaming. For my gaming set up I have Wii U, 3DS, PC, and Android phone (thinking of getting a Android tablet this holiday)
Each offers a unique way to game and each has different strengths and weaknesses. Pricing will differ for everyone, I spent $400 on parts and got a PC that can play everything I ask of it. If you are looking for the most optimized experience for the most amount of games, without spending a lot of money, I do recommend a console. However PC has other strengths that people take advantage of, such as huge (basically endless) library of games. No one platform is better than another. Each have different strengths and weaknesses.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Ryu_Niiyama

Aww did this have to descend to a PC master race fight?

Has anyone picked up Blackguards 2? I'm tempted since I liked the first one but the backlog...I'm being crushed by its weight.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

SkywardLink98

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

Has anyone picked up Blackguards 2? I'm tempted since I liked the first one but the backlog...I'm being crushed by its weight.

I know the feeling. I have over 100 games in my Steam library, a lot of which I've never even downloaded. I'm a sucker for Strategy RPGs so Blackguards 2 will likely end up on my backlog at some point.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

May_Nyan

I use steam a lot to play indie games. I don't have a powerful enough PC to handle big releases and they don't interest me as much anyway.

May_Nyan

HollywoodHogan

@SkywardLink98

Who the hell would buy a PS4 and not have a tv already? What a stupid argument. A television is used to watch...you know...tv. Nearly everyone on earth has one. Comparing a PC monitor to a television is ridiculous. The monitor serves one purpose...as a computer screen.

How much did you pay for your gaming computer and components? $600? $800?

Also lol @ a 'good tv' costing $150. You can't even give a realistic price on a TV, let alone a good gaming PC.

Friend to all SJW's

Faruko

HollywoodHogan wrote:

@SkywardLink98

Who the hell would buy a PS4 and not have a tv already? What a stupid argument. A television is used to watch...you know...tv. Nearly everyone on earth has one. Comparing a PC monitor to a television is ridiculous. The monitor serves one purpose...as a computer screen.

Also lol @ a 'good tv' costing $150. You can't even give a realistic price on a TV, let alone a good gaming PC.

yes monitors are better than most TVs (at least at the same price) 99% percent of the times, but thats besides the point because you can use a TV as a monitor too you know ? they have HDMI ports

in fact, some console gamers use monitors for their consoles...

Edited on by Faruko

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

unrandomsam

Some PC gamers like me also have their PC connected to a TV. (Only use it mirrored for console ports that I am using a controller for). I think it will be last TV I ever have (Never watch tv). It is Plasma and I like the look of it but I care more about how good it is for playing games which is not good enough for the Wii U. (About 32ms over HDMI).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

HollywoodHogan

Faruko wrote:

HollywoodHogan wrote:

@SkywardLink98

yes monitors are better than most TVs (at least at the same price) 99% percent of the times, but thats besides the point because you can use a TV as a monitor too you know ? they have HDMI ports

in fact, some console gamers use monitors for their consoles...

The point was that people who are going to want to buy a PS4, already own a television. They had the tv to begin with, to watch tv and movies on, so it's not a cost completely associated with gaming. If someone is buying a computer and doesn't want to hook it to their tv (though it is possible), they will need to buy a monitor which will serve no other purpose other than being a screen for the computer. That is an added cost for a PC setup.

If he is going to go to ridiculous lengths to explain how "buying a TV" is an added cost of a PS4, why not just go all out and say that paying for electricity is also an added cost of a PS4? Or buying a home to play it in? He is grasping at straws.

We seem to have lost our way on this matter, but the issue I was address was this gif...

Untitled

Where I made the point that it was a stupid comparison because the PC graphics are running on a machine that cost a hell of a lot more than the $399 PS4. That's the truth. End of story.

Edited on by HollywoodHogan

Friend to all SJW's

SkywardLink98

HollywoodHogan wrote:

Who the hell would buy a PS4 and not have a tv already? What a stupid argument.

What PC gamer wouldn't already own a TV too? My argument is simply that if you don't count the TV when talking about a PS4, you can't count it when talking about a gaming TV. You're purposefully rigging your own scale here. Not counting the display device for the console, but counting it for the PC just shows that you won't listen to facts.

HollywoodHogan wrote:

Where I made the point that it was a stupid comparison because the PC graphics are running on a machine that cost a hell of a lot more than the $399 PS4. That's the truth. End of story.

While the machine in the image may cost more than the PS4, it's not hard to get graphics nearing the graphics in the image for the same price of the PS4. "That's the truth. End of story."

Edited on by SkywardLink98

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

DefHalan

Who doesn't already have a monitor? By now almost everyone has a PC already, so you have a monitor. When I say I spent $400 on my current awesome PC, I mean I spent that much on parts. I already had a PC which I gutted and put in the new stuff. Most people have PCs, just like most people have TVs. I find it the same argument. Now, for what ever reason you don't have a PC with a monitor, think back to when you didn't have a TV. It is the same. The biggest difference is that people use monitors only for PCs, while TV is used for multiple of things. You may not have bought the TV for your Console, but should that cost be added into the cost of playing games on console?

SupremeAllah

It's always funny reading the arguments people have against PC gaming.

It usually comes down to "I'm too poor to play on PC" or "I know absolutely nothing about PCs so I have to buy a pre built console because I am incapable of learning"

SupremeAllah

DefHalan

SupremeAllah wrote:

It usually comes down to "I'm too poor to play on PC" or "I know absolutely nothing about PCs so I have to buy a pre built console because I am incapable of learning"

I use to be like that, then I bought a cheap $300 pre-built computer. It couldn't do what it advertised it could so I had to buy RAM. From then on I learned so much and it is so easy. It is like when your parents want you to fix all their electronics, they refuse to learn so you have to keep coming over to hook up their new TV and what not.

CanisWolfred

DefHalan wrote:

SupremeAllah wrote:

I use to be like that, then I bought a cheap $300 pre-built computer. It couldn't do what it advertised it could so I had to buy RAM. From then on I learned so much and it is so easy. It is like when your parents want you to fix all their electronics, they refuse to learn so you have to keep coming over to hook up their new TV and what not.

I don't have that experience. When someone asks me to fix their stuff, I tell them to ask someone else because I will probably break it.

DefHalan wrote:

PC gaming is not better than Console gaming, just like Console gaming is not better than PC gaming. For my gaming set up I have Wii U, 3DS, PC, and Android phone (thinking of getting a Android tablet this holiday)
Each offers a unique way to game and each has different strengths and weaknesses. Pricing will differ for everyone, I spent $400 on parts and got a PC that can play everything I ask of it. If you are looking for the most optimized experience for the most amount of games, without spending a lot of money, I do recommend a console. However PC has other strengths that people take advantage of, such as huge (basically endless) library of games. No one platform is better than another. Each have different strengths and weaknesses.

^However, I do agree with this wholeheartedly, and personally feel that the discussion doesn't need to go beyond this.

Moving on: After seeing some HD trailers for the PC versions of all of the Ys games and Trails in the Sky, I'm now very interested in playing those. Like, I'm not sure I want to go back to the PSP versions now, especially since both PSPs I own aren't working 100% correctly (the one I recently got has a lousy Power switch to the point where I can't put it to sleep because it won't move easily) and my Vita doesn't have a lot of memory left....but I don't feel like paying full price for all of them, so I might have to either choose one, or hope they show up in another sale soon...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

HollywoodHogan

SupremeAllah wrote:

Or it's because 'I don't feel like constantly upgrading hardware so I will just buy a console and not have to worry about anything for the next 5-7 years'. I could easily afford to buy a top of the line gaming PC tomorrow if I wanted one, but I don't.
I do know know how to put together and maintain electric guitars though, which trust me, is a much cooler thing to know how to do Mr. Allah.

Friend to all SJW's

DefHalan

HollywoodHogan wrote:

SupremeAllah wrote:

Or it's because 'I don't feel like constantly upgrading hardware so I will just buy a console and not have to worry about anything for the next 5-7 years'. I could easily afford to buy a top of the line gaming PC tomorrow if I wanted one, but I don't.

You don't need to upgrade your PC that often, only about as often as consoles.

The biggest difference I have seen with Console to PC gaming is, if you upgrade your hardware at the same time for both systems games will look better on the PC at the beginning of its life span and worst at the end, which is the opposite of console. On console games look their worst at the beginning of a generation and the best at the end.

Now to counter act this, PCs can be upgraded early, maybe at the half way point of a generation, and games will look great again. Smaller upgrades, especially when you sell your old parts or repurpose them, are cheaper. In the long run you will end up paying more for your PC but that is completely up to you. Many people that have gaming PCs use them for more than just gaming, just like people use their TVs for more than just gaming. No, one side is better.

Edited on by DefHalan

CanisWolfred

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

I know the feeling. I have over 100 games in my Steam library, a lot of which I've never even downloaded. I'm a sucker for Strategy RPGs so Blackguards 2 will likely end up on my backlog at some point.

I haven't heard the greatest things, but it does sound neat, huh? Too bad it's supposed to be bloody hard, or else I'd get it. I suck enough at strategy games as it is...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SupremeAllah

HollywoodHogan wrote:

SupremeAllah wrote:

I do know know how to put together and maintain electric guitars though, which trust me, is a much cooler thing to know how to do Mr. Allah.

And that's another myth spread by people who don't know what they are talking about. There is no need to constantly upgrade like you and other non PC people claim. Repeating this myth only further illustrates you have no clue what you're taking about, which only makes your argument hold less and less meaning.

I'm still using a processor from 6 years ago, and my PC out performs the PS4 or XboxOne with their dated technology. For the most part you can get by with just upgrading your video card a lot of the time every few years, and that's only if you want to keep running everything at max settings.

It isn't like games just won't work anymore unless you constantly upgrade. I don't know where people get this idea.

Grats on the electric guitars though. Nobody cares.

SupremeAllah

crazycrazydave

@CanisWolfred I have Trails of the Sky in my wishlist on Steam and will get it once it goes on sale. Did you enjoy playing the PSP version of the game?

Currently playing Valkyria Chronicles on PC and thoroughly enjoying it, hopefully more Japanese devs make more good PC ports like that game.

We're going on a bear hunt! We're going to catch a big one!

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4881-6959
Super Mario Maker levels: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/crazycrazydave?type=posted

Ryu_Niiyama

I think I'm going to take the plunge and get AC Chronicles: China. I like Shao Jun and even though I've walked away from the mainline AC this looks like a fun romp and a prince of persia clone (which is why I got into the series in the first place) I keep hoping Ubisoft will remake sands of time with a new engine...right behind beyond good and evil 2. Dreams...I have them.

I also have to reinstall Skyrim ...sigh.. installed a slew of mods recently and broke the cape slot. My dragonborn must always look fabulous when saving the world. What can you do.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

CanisWolfred

crazycrazydave wrote:

@CanisWolfred I have Trails of the Sky in my wishlist on Steam and will get it once it goes on sale. Did you enjoy playing the PSP version of the game?

Currently playing Valkyria Chronicles on PC and thoroughly enjoying it, hopefully more Japanese devs make more good PC ports like that game.

Indeed I did. Out of all of those, I think that might be the one I'd be most willing to replay.

And you reminded me, I should put VC on my wishlist...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic