Other Gaming Forum

Topic: PC Gaming

Showing 121 to 140 of 218

AuthorMessage
Chris720

Chris720

121. Posted:

Danny80 wrote:

Any news for Gta V pc version guys? Is there any chance to apear this year?

Apparently coming this month as far as I'm aware.

Also, finally found a thread I can get into. I've pretty much ditched consoles for PC now, so much better in general. Just picked up Shadow of Mordor for a £11, thanks CDkeys, and I must say that game is immensely fun.

Just wondering if anyone picked up The Forest at all. I've been enjoying building little camps and trying to survive the mutant... zombie... whatever they are. And DayZ, lots and lots of DayZ.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
unrandomsam

unrandomsam

122. Posted:

GTAV is April 14th but "PRE-PURCHASE BY MARCH 31 AND GET $1,200,000 IN-GAME PLUS A BONUS $300,000." Looks like an absolute joke.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

123. Posted:

Masters of Orion doesn't like to play on my computer...and the interface is different than I remember. It seems to have gotten an update since last year...which might explain why it's not working now. :(

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Chris720

Chris720

124. Posted:

unrandomsam wrote:

GTAV is April 14th but "PRE-PURCHASE BY MARCH 31 AND GET $1,200,000 IN-GAME PLUS A BONUS $300,000." Looks like an absolute joke.

Ah, I thought it was actually coming out this month. Have even longer to wait... awesome... not.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
Jaz007

Jaz007

125. Posted:

I'm enjoying Guild Wars 2 with its combat a bit more now. I've gotten the hang of combat and dodging a bit more, but I've still got room for improvement. And while I am enjoying more, I do still wish it was more like a normal action game. I have no idea how a game like this ever got away with a subscription fee with combat like this, especially when it was probably more basic.

Edited on by Jaz007

Currently playing: Destiny (just the weeklies), Atelier: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky -Escha and Logy (or so I tell myself), and Dark Souls 2 (PS4).
Playing soon: Ratchet and Clank HD Collection
"We're up against a hairy, bloated, pagan god… Santa Clause!" -Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

126. Posted:

@Jaz007 - Guild Wars 2 never had a subscription Fee. Sure you're not talking about Tera?

Also, I need to get Guild Wars 2 someday. It always looked fun, and I keep hearing good things. If it was on Steam, I'd grab it, but as it stands, I have to go through Amazon or the official site, and the price doesn't drop that often. No way am I spending more than $20 on a PC game. (I already regret it with Wasteland 2. I'm sure it's good, but by the time I get around to it, it'll have been half off on Steam 3 times...)

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Tasuki

Tasuki

127. Posted:

I havent played any PC games of late but thats cause I am still without a PC. Might look into something cheap to play World of Warcraft at least.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Jaz007

Jaz007

128. Posted:

@Caniswolfred My bad, I meant MMOs in general. I didn't make very clear (at all) looking back at what I said though.

Currently playing: Destiny (just the weeklies), Atelier: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky -Escha and Logy (or so I tell myself), and Dark Souls 2 (PS4).
"We're up against a hairy, bloated, pagan god… Santa Clause!" -Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

129. Posted:

Thank goodness Fallout 3 is so moddable. Ended up downloading a fix that made it playable on my Windows 8 computer. No messing with files (other than what the instructions told me to do, and then it was simple drag-and-drop and setting up compatibility mode for two programs). I'd jump right in, but I have to make a new file, and the beginning's a tad sloggish, in retrospect. Good for establishing atmosphere, but bad for repeat playthroughs...

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
SupremeAllah

SupremeAllah

130. Posted:

Yea. games like Fallout and moreso the Elder Scrolls series are infinitely better on PC due to the modding you can do. The ES series is so horribly bland otherwise.

As far as GTA 5 goes, I assume the delay from March to April was due to Heists finally coming out in online mode. So one would assume the PC version will launch with heists included.

I personally can't wait for it. I always get the GTA games on consoles first, then on PC to get the superior (and mod-able) experience. Plus I look forward to trying out GTA online, since I could not get it to work on my PS3 (kept freezing up in the intro, and Rockstar Tech Support were of no help and were pretty stupid overall)

SupremeAllah

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

131. Posted:

SupremeAllah wrote:

Yea. games like Fallout and moreso the Elder Scrolls series are infinitely better on PC due to the modding you can do. The ES series is so horribly bland otherwise.

I actually don't use any gameplay mods and still greatly enjoy their games. I mean I'm glad Bethesda readily enables people who are far better programmers than they are to be able to fix their crap.

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
SupremeAllah

SupremeAllah

132. Posted:

Well it isn't just the gameplay mods, but GFX mods that make the game look way better than it would have otherwise. Weather effects, lighting effects, water effects, sound effects, the list is endless really, and that's just about cosmetic stuff and not things that actually effect the gameplay.

SupremeAllah

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

133. Posted:

I don't use those either...I think I tried a Nude pack for Oblivion though...which broke the game...

In fact, I break PC games a lot when I try to mess with anything involving the code. This is the first time in a while I actually succeeded in unbreaking a game...

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
SupremeAllah

SupremeAllah

134. Posted:

Yea I seem to remember some company that released a broken game, and came out with a statement that it would take months for them to fix it. Then some random guy fixed it in a day and posted an unofficial patch. Made them look like complete morons.

I want to say it was Ubisoft, but I can't recall for sure.

SupremeAllah

AuthorMessage
nacho_chicken

nacho_chicken

135. Posted:

SupremeAllah wrote:

Yea I seem to remember some company that released a broken game, and came out with a statement that it would take months for them to fix it. Then some random guy fixed it in a day and posted an unofficial patch. Made them look like complete morons.

I want to say it was Ubisoft, but I can't recall for sure.

Reminds me of how Dark Souls for PC was fixed by a modder (Durante) 1 hour before the game came out.
EDIT: Apparently if was actually around 3 days before.

Edited on by nacho_chicken

Proud owner of a MH4U Limited Edition New 3DS XL
Switch Axe for life

AuthorMessage
Jaz007

Jaz007

136. Posted:

You have to remember though, modders don't have to worry as much about something going wrong.

AuthorMessage
SupremeAllah

SupremeAllah

137. Posted:

Yet when they make something it tends to work. Including their unofficial patches to broken games.

SupremeAllah

AuthorMessage
unrandomsam

unrandomsam

138. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

You have to remember though, modders don't have to worry as much about something going wrong.

That used to apply to Nintendo but now they are as bad as the rest of the competition when it comes to shipping broken games that have to be patched.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

AuthorMessage
DefHalan

DefHalan

139. Posted:

unrandomsam wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

That used to apply to Nintendo but now they are as bad as the rest of the competition when it comes to shipping broken games that have to be patched.

??? What game from Nintendo has been so bad that it needed a patch at launch? especially as bad as others when they need a GB or more for the patch?

DefHalan

Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
Jaz007

Jaz007

140. Posted:

unrandomsam wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

I'm not sure how this relates to what I said. I meant that it's reasonable that official patch can take a bit longer than a mod patch. I'm not defending the release of broken games though.