Forums

Topic: Kid Tripp, a.k.a. Our very own pixelman has finally finished a game!

Posts 101 to 120 of 165

Klimbatize

I'd love different save files. My kid loves playing this, so I often have to restart and let him play the easier World 1 levels.

Side note: My four year old is allotted a set amount of time to play video games, and the last week he's used about 90% of that time on this game. At least it's good training for him.

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

retired_account

Thinking about multiple save files, yeah. Couple other people have asked for that too. I'm thinking that'd make sense once I get around to adding iCloud support.

My four year old is allotted a set amount of time to play video games, and the last week he's used about 90% of that time on this game.

This made my day, thanks.

retired_account

LzWinky

Hey pixel, make a kickstarter for Wii U version. All the cool people are doing it!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Eel

Maybe you could do a "quick game/survival" option that always starts in the first level and doesn't affect the progress of the main file.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MeWario

@Pixelman Yea maybe do what Morphtorok suggested. I love the feeling that this game is like an old Sega game, it has an arcadey vibe to me and I always just start new game instead of continuing. Multiple save slots would diminish that feeling a bit. It's your game though so up to you!

Anyway, the reason I just came here was to let you know that you have created a freaken master piece! I love this game! I just completed my first run through the game using no continues! It was only on my third run through of the game too the learning curve in this game is perfect. If you had told me even yesterday that I would be able to do a full run through with out using a continue, I'd have told you your crazy.

It's Wario time Yaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Retro_on_theGo

pixelman wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Hey pixelman, this may just be me, but after the update I can't sprint anymore. Anyone else have this problem?
Edit: Never mind, I got a game over and it's working now.

Huh that's interesting. I'll need to look into that, but I've played through it a few times on my iPad and iPhone 4S and that hasn't happened. Let me know if it pops up again (and any other info that would help me reproduce it would be great too).

Edit - what device was this, btw?

It was an iPad 2. Since that it hasn't happened so I think it was just a blue moon thing.mi started the game quit and came back before it happened though.
And I totally second Morphtorok's idea!

swordx

Put this on Android and I'll buy it. It looks great!

swordx

odd69

hey pixel man, ever thought about releasing this game on ouya? its an open source console so you could easily make games for this console, I would buy this btw, and ouya is full of old school games, like more than any console

Edited on by odd69

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

retired_account

I wish I could, but Kid Tripp is written entirely in iOS-centric code, so it'd need a complete rewrite to come to Android (or any other platform for that matter). I'm thinking about making a kind of remake-sequel (with new content/updated graphics/etc) that I'd bring to a bunch more platforms, but I haven't decided yet. School's started back up so any kind of dev is going to move along pretty slowly for awhile.

retired_account

Splat

I'm late to the thread but congrats @pixelman.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

Klimbatize

So the other day my son beat this game. He just turned 5 on Sept 1. As I've said before, he has been choosing this game for the vast majority of his allotted video game playing time, and I'm kind of amazed he beat it because it's so difficult. He has to be one of, if not thee, youngest player to beat all 20 levels. He even has a gold medal on most of them (including all of World 4 except for 4-5). He's very proud of beating it. I took a screenshot of the stats because I think they're hilarious. 2700+ deaths!

Untitled

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

LzWinky

Wait, a 5 year old beat this game. Pixelman is PATHETIC!!!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

WinterWarm

@pixelman

Aw, congratulations man! My brother and sister both have iOS devices, and wether they know it or not there will be a mysterious loss of money in their e-wallets. >:3

Bulletproof and black like a funeral.

Intelligent Systems' obsession with rear ends:

"I fear my derriere is not worthy." - Frederick, FE:A

"My uncanny valley begs for reprieve." - Tharja, FE:A

Fates Castle Address: 06963-63228-71096-84460

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1038-9901 | Nintendo Network ID: WinterWarm | Twitter:

retired_account

Klimbatize wrote:

So the other day my son beat this game. He just turned 5 on Sept 1. As I've said before, he has been choosing this game for the vast majority of his allotted video game playing time, and I'm kind of amazed he beat it because it's so difficult. He has to be one of, if not thee, youngest player to beat all 20 levels. He even has a gold medal on most of them (including all of World 4 except for 4-5). He's very proud of beating it. I took a screenshot of the stats because I think they're hilarious. 2700+ deaths!

Untitled

This made my week. Thanks so much for sharing, that's completely awesome. Tell him good job from me.

retired_account

Klimbatize

pixelman wrote:

Klimbatize wrote:

Untitled

This made my week. Thanks so much for sharing, that's completely awesome. Tell him good job from me.

Yeah, after he beat it I told him that I was going to tell the guy who made the game. His eyes got all big and was like, "You know who made this game? Yeah, tell him. He'll be impressed". Cracked me up.

citizenerased

Looks awesome, man. As an aspiring game developer (as I'm sure many of us are), just curious... you're getting great reviews and App Store spotlight... does this result in the game selling enough for you to be a developer full-time (if you wanted)?

Edited on by citizenerased

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

retired_account

Klimbatize wrote:

Yeah, after he beat it I told him that I was going to tell the guy who made the game. His eyes got all big and was like, "You know who made this game? Yeah, tell him. He'll be impressed". Cracked me up.

Hahahaha, kids are awesome.

citizenerased wrote:

Looks awesome, man. As an aspiring game developer (as I'm sure many of us are), just curious... you're getting great reviews and App Store spotlight... does this result in the game selling enough for you to be a developer full-time (if you wanted)?

Thankfully I think I'll be able to, yeah. With my next game I'll need to branch out to more platforms to maximize sales, but now that I've got my foot in the door that task looks much less daunting.

retired_account

citizenerased

That's awesome, how long did it take you to build it?

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

Ralizah

Let us know if your next game branches out to Android. I'll buy your game in a heartbeat.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.