Forums

Topic: Kid Tripp, a.k.a. Our very own pixelman has finally finished a game!

Posts 121 to 140 of 165

retired_account

citizenerased wrote:

That's awesome, how long did it take you to build it?

About two years.

Ralizah wrote:

Let us know if your next game branches out to Android. I'll buy your game in a heartbeat.

Will do!

retired_account

retired_account

KID TRIPP IS FREE TODAY OMG!!

Have fun.

retired_account

HappyHappyist

pixelman wrote:

Have fun.

You rule! i dont have a phone that can play your game though ): can i get it on mac app store?

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

retired_account

theblackdragon wrote:

lol why is it free? people should be throwing their $.99 at you hand over fist >:[

ikr? WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?!
seriously though, the goal is to get a whole bunch more people playing/talking about it, and that'll hopefully bump up daily sales from word of mouth/exposure/stuff/dontaskmeidontknowwhatimdoing.

retired_account

retired_account

TheOneHacker wrote:

pixelman wrote:

Have fun.

You rule! i dont have a phone that can play your game though ): can i get it on mac app store?

Sadly not now, but some day.

retired_account

Crazybrain1

It really is a good game, quite difficult but not difficult-difficult.
Thanks for making it free @pixelman! I'll recommend it to others.

Do you truly look at things positively? For example, do you look at the glass like it's always full? (Half water, half air.) Or when someone "lets the cat out of the bag," do you think it's because the person felt sorry for the cat stuck in the bag? There is a positive side to almost everythin...

Klimbatize

Crazybrain1 wrote:

It really is a good game, quite difficult but not difficult-difficult.
Thanks for making it free @pixelman! I'll recommend it to others.

Recommend it after it's a dollar again.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

Freeon-Leon

Oh man, I wish I had and iPod to play this, it looks really cool

btw, what did you use to make it?

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

retired_account

So. Uhhh. Going by the number of players in Game Center...

It's been downloaded about FIFTEEN THOUSAND TIMES in less than 24 hours. LOL.

@Jahir It's written in Objective-C, and I used Xcode to write it.

retired_account

retired_account

Red302 wrote:

Can I download it onto my tablet?

If it's an iPad, yes.

retired_account

HappyHappyist

pixelman wrote:

...you used XCODE???! you sir, are a genius. i do consider myself pretty good at writing code, but you used xcode?! i've had that software for MONTHS! it's such a hassle to write in! it's just such a cruddy programming tool, imo! how did you manage to write a whole game on it? it keeps freezing my mac and closing itself! i can't run any program without it closing!

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

retired_account

TheOneHacker wrote:

pixelman wrote:

...you used XCODE???! you sir, are a genius. i do consider myself pretty good at writing code, but you used xcode?! i've had that software for MONTHS! it's such a hassle to write in! it's just such a cruddy programming tool, imo! how did you manage to write a whole game on it? it keeps freezing my mac and closing itself! i can't run any program without it closing!

Haha, yeah, Xcode is pretty infamous for that kind of thing, but I haven't had any significant stability issues with it. How old's your Mac?

Also my estimations were a bit... low. Kid Tripp was downloaded 42,000 times yesterday.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

HappyHappyist

pixelman wrote:

how old's your mac?

i'd say it's fairly recent, sure isn't old!

Blue blue.

retired_account

Welp, Kid Tripp now has over 100,000 players.

Question for you guys!

How would you all feel about an "easy"/"casual" mode? Part of me doesn't want to compromise, but I think it'd be nice if less-experienced gamers could enjoy it too. I'm thinking you'd be able to take two or three hits before you die (maybe if Tripp gets hit once his hat falls off, and if he gets hit again he dies), and I might add checkpoints in certain levels. Also, in this mode there'd be no leaderboards; if you want to compete, you'll have to sink your teeth into the original super-hard mode.

Basically I'm mainly planning on adding iOS 7 controller support and iCloud backups, and I think this would also be a nice thing to do while I'm at it. Thoughts?

retired_account

MeWario

pixelman wrote:

Welp, Kid Tripp now has over 100,000 players.

Question for you guys!

How would you all feel about an "easy"/"casual" mode? Part of me doesn't want to compromise, but I think it'd be nice if less-experienced gamers could enjoy it too. I'm thinking you'd be able to take two or three hits before you die (maybe if Tripp gets hit once his hat falls off, and if he gets hit again he dies), and I might add checkpoints in certain levels. Also, in this mode there'd be no leaderboards; if you want to compete, you'll have to sink your teeth into the original super-hard mode.

Basically I'm mainly planning on adding iOS 7 controller support and iCloud backups, and I think this would also be a nice thing to do while I'm at it. Thoughts?

Eww, no thanks! It's an amazing game as it is, don't change it With it's old school visuals, it will only have very limited appeal for 'casual gamers' anyway, so it'd be a waste of time and ruin the integrity of the game. Just how I feel anyway. Your game is perfect.

It's Wario time Yaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Klimbatize

I think that's a good idea to expand the appeal. There's nothing wrong with optional difficulty levels.

For the people that are fans of the original, hardcore version, it will still be there. They are losing absolutely nothing. But adding more fans into the fold would be cool. Not everyone is a hardcore gamer, and I think this is a game that absolutely could appeal to "casuals" for a number of reasons. Not only the graphics that will remind them of the NES days, but runners in general are very popular.

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.