Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Kid Tripp, a.k.a. Our very own pixelman has finally finished a game!

Showing 121 to 140 of 167

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

121. Posted:

That's awesome, how long did it take you to build it?

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

122. Posted:

Let us know if your next game branches out to Android. I'll buy your game in a heartbeat.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

pixelman

123. Posted:

citizenerased wrote:

That's awesome, how long did it take you to build it?

About two years. :O

Ralizah wrote:

Let us know if your next game branches out to Android. I'll buy your game in a heartbeat.

Will do!

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

pixelman

124. Posted:

KID TRIPP IS FREE TODAY OMG!!

Have fun. :)

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

HappyHappyist

125. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

You rule! i dont have a phone that can play your game though ): can i get it on mac app store?

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

126. Posted:

lol why is it free? people should be throwing their $.99 at you hand over fist >:[

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

pixelman

127. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

lol why is it free? people should be throwing their $.99 at you hand over fist >:[

ikr? WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?!
seriously though, the goal is to get a whole bunch more people playing/talking about it, and that'll hopefully bump up daily sales from word of mouth/exposure/stuff/dontaskmeidontknowwhatimdoing.

AuthorMessage

pixelman

128. Posted:

TheOneHacker wrote:

pixelman wrote:

You rule! i dont have a phone that can play your game though ): can i get it on mac app store?

Sadly not now, but some day. :)

AuthorMessage

Crazybrain1

129. Posted:

It really is a good game, quite difficult but not difficult-difficult.
Thanks for making it free @pixelman! I'll recommend it to others. :D

Do you truly look at things positively? For example, do you look at the glass like it's always full? (Half water, half air.) Or when someone "lets the cat out of the bag," do you think it's because the person felt sorry for the cat stuck in the bag? There is a positive side to almost everything.

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

130. Posted:

Crazybrain1 wrote:

It really is a good game, quite difficult but not difficult-difficult.
Thanks for making it free @pixelman! I'll recommend it to others. :D

Recommend it after it's a dollar again.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

131. Posted:

^That's what I'm doin'.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Jahir

132. Posted:

Oh man, I wish I had and iPod to play this, it looks really cool :(

btw, what did you use to make it?

Jahir

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

AuthorMessage

pixelman

133. Posted:

So. Uhhh. Going by the number of players in Game Center...

It's been downloaded about FIFTEEN THOUSAND TIMES in less than 24 hours. LOL.

@Jahir It's written in Objective-C, and I used Xcode to write it. :)

AuthorMessage

Franklin

134. Posted:

Can I download it onto my tablet?

Franklin

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

135. Posted:

Nothing attracts more people than a "free" tag.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

pixelman

136. Posted:

Red302 wrote:

Can I download it onto my tablet?

If it's an iPad, yes. :)

AuthorMessage

HappyHappyist

137. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

...you used XCODE???! you sir, are a genius. i do consider myself pretty good at writing code, but you used xcode?! i've had that software for MONTHS! it's such a hassle to write in! it's just such a cruddy programming tool, imo! how did you manage to write a whole game on it? it keeps freezing my mac and closing itself! i can't run any program without it closing!

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

AuthorMessage

pixelman

138. Posted:

TheOneHacker wrote:

pixelman wrote:

...you used XCODE???! you sir, are a genius. i do consider myself pretty good at writing code, but you used xcode?! i've had that software for MONTHS! it's such a hassle to write in! it's just such a cruddy programming tool, imo! how did you manage to write a whole game on it? it keeps freezing my mac and closing itself! i can't run any program without it closing!

Haha, yeah, Xcode is pretty infamous for that kind of thing, but I haven't had any significant stability issues with it. How old's your Mac?

Also my estimations were a bit... low. Kid Tripp was downloaded 42,000 times yesterday.

Edited on by pixelman

AuthorMessage

HappyHappyist

139. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

how old's your mac?

i'd say it's fairly recent, sure isn't old!

Blue blue.

AuthorMessage

pixelman

140. Posted:

Welp, Kid Tripp now has over 100,000 players. :)

Question for you guys!

How would you all feel about an "easy"/"casual" mode? Part of me doesn't want to compromise, but I think it'd be nice if less-experienced gamers could enjoy it too. I'm thinking you'd be able to take two or three hits before you die (maybe if Tripp gets hit once his hat falls off, and if he gets hit again he dies), and I might add checkpoints in certain levels. Also, in this mode there'd be no leaderboards; if you want to compete, you'll have to sink your teeth into the original super-hard mode.

Basically I'm mainly planning on adding iOS 7 controller support and iCloud backups, and I think this would also be a nice thing to do while I'm at it. Thoughts?