Forums

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Posts 561 to 580 of 1,099

cheapogamer4life

Ah, Angry birds isnt really my cup of tea. Honestly i dont think it will run smooth on my 600 mhz droid. Maybe if i decide to root my phone i'll try it out.
Their are a few RPGs in the andriod market that look pretty good, but i havent tried any of them out yet. One is a cross platform type game that i think your talking about.
i'd love to have another good sports game though. i have Pro evolution soccer 2011 and it runs great on my phone, but I was tricked into buying Fifa 10 cause it wont download on my phone. i'm hoping they fix that with an update though.

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

Kingbuilder

Okay, so I got Dungeon Hunter II, Lego Harry Potter and Resident Evil 4 for my Ipod and I have 3$ leftover. I really want a Popcap game, but I can't choose which. I already have Plants vs. Zombies, and I'm tossed up between Bookworm, Peggle Nights, Chuzzle, and Bejeweled 2+ Blitz. If it comes down to it, I'll probably just get some thing else, though.

Edited on by Kingbuilder

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

Slapshot

I don't know if it's on iOS, but for Android there is this little free game called Gurk. It's a very old school turn based 8bit dungeon crawler. It's really charming and I've put a good 15hrs into it so far.

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

RoyalBlur

Well Kart RiderRush has gone live in the Apple App Store!

Untitled

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

SuperMarioFan96

I reiterate: TINY WINGS! So simple yet I am completely addicted. I would think a lot of you have it because it's been #1 for close to four weeks now on the app store, but if you don't have it, GET IT!

EDIT: Clearly, birds are popular on the app store.

Edited on by SuperMarioFan96

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

retired_account

Wish it was universal, I'd like to try it out. :/

retired_account

SuperMarioFan96

Hopefully that will come in a future update. They're already planning Game Center support, so it could happen. The game came out pretty recently so, yeah.

My Backloggery

RoyalBlur

SuperMarioFan96 wrote:

I reiterate: TINY WINGS! So simple yet I am completely addicted. I would think a lot of you have it because it's been #1 for close to four weeks now on the app store, but if you don't have it, GET IT!

EDIT: Clearly, birds are popular on the app store.

Okay, I'll look up Tiny Wings right away!

As for Kart RiderRush I sure hope it'll have DLC which will include an update so you can race against people online and not just the fellow on the other side of the Greyhound Bus.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

outrun2sp

Double Dragon on iphone excellent game. Its not as good as the GBA version but very similar. Hopefully some updates will fix the control issues.

Also if you havent already played it Final Freeway is an excellent outrun clone.

Edited on by outrun2sp

F Zero GX fan forever

RoyalBlur

Angry Birds just keeps getting better and better. They even have an Angry Birds graphic Tee at Hot Topic.

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

RocketBird

Just wanted to let folks know, in case you didn't already, Street Fighter IV for ipod etc...is currently selling for $0.99 and all proceeds go to victims of the Japan Tsunami. I just picked it up. A great game for ipod, way more intuitive than I ever thought it could be on such a tiny screen and no physical controls. WELL worth $0.99.

RocketBird

SpentAllMyTokens

^^Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised with streetfighter too. Normally I hate virtual controls (feel Sonic games on the iPhone are unplayable because of them), but it works with this.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

Kingbuilder

Street Fighter IV is great for 1$. I even spent an extra dollar on the SF2 arranged soundtrack, yet I doubt that goes to the victims.

Popcap is having a sale that lasts today and tomorrow. All of their games are 1$ and are going towards Japan as well. Unfortunately, I already went on a Popcap spree and bought all of their games for full price a day before the sale. FML D:

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

RocketBird

I'll have to check out the popcap games. Don't know anything about them.

RocketBird

Kingbuilder

All of their games are amazing. Plants vs. Zombies, Bejeweled 2+ Blitz, Peggle, Bookworm, and Chuzzle are their games and I completeley recommend all of them. Just spend 5$ on getting all of them and I'd doubt you'd regret it. P:

Bankai

Currently readdicted to Battle for Wesnoth.

Also, if you haven't already - Nobunaga's Ambition. Unlike Romance of the Three Kingdoms, it's approachable and not uber-hardcore, but there's still plenty of meat to it. Nice balance between the two.

Of course, Romance of the Three Kingdoms on iPad is ace.

SuperMarioFan96

ANGRY BIRDS RIO

it seems like they're attempting to create somewhat of a story this time (that is... a story with an actual ending).

My Backloggery

Kingbuilder

Ash: Get it!

Buy it and let the amazingness course through your veins.

SwerdMurd

pixelman wrote:

Swerd_Murd wrote:

everything is worse on iPhone than it is on anything else.

Swerd_Murd wrote:

Bit.Trip Beat is arguably more playable than its Wiiware counterpart

lol, apparently not. :3.

I chose those words for a reason. It's more playable due to the better tilt threshold than the odd-feeling wiimote-spin tilt. Unfortunately, it looks worse, crashes, and the music and gameplay lose sync occaisionally making any of the add-on levels impossible. If the add-on levels didn't exist, I'd still be hard-pressed not to recommend the Wii version.

World of Goo didn't do anything for me on Wii or PC....using my overpriced touch-screen friendly device to make semi-physical contact with arbitrary blobs of boredom while solving offensively simple puzzles doesn't sound like it'd be any better

Gotta respect you for attempting that self-contradiction quote though...it almost worked

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.